Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Then I tried out the new BBE adjustable set at MM2 specs.

Strong close, MM1 should be no problem for you!

Guest Bullitt

Strong close, MM1 should be no problem for you!

Thanks bro! Hope your right. Will give it my best shot! :rock

Did some squats and hit the grippers one last time before MM1 on Monday.

Squats: Warmed up and did a 20 rep set with 225

Got 2 really solid closes and then on 3rd attempt did an overcrush / negative on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMKbr3dsA0

On my 4th attempt I tried out a CCS close on it. Actually got closer than I thought I would. I would like to try this fresh after MM1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jed_8QegxpU

Gave it a shot lefty but didn't get very close. Closed my #3 lefty then missed it by 1/4". Shut it down at that point.

Feel really good about the MM1 on Monday. Will rest up until then. I guess I'm as prepared as i can get.

Nice work! You should be all set for Monday!

Guest Bullitt
Did some squats and hit the grippers one last time before MM1 on Monday.

Squats: Warmed up and did a 20 rep set with 225

Got 2 really solid closes and then on 3rd attempt did an overcrush / negative on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMKbr3dsA0

On my 4th attempt I tried out a CCS close on it. Actually got closer than I thought I would. I would like to try this fresh after MM1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jed_8QegxpU

Gave it a shot lefty but didn't get very close. Closed my #3 lefty then missed it by 1/4". Shut it down at that point.

Feel really good about the MM1 on Monday. Will rest up until then. I guess I'm as prepared as i can get.

Nice work! You should be all set for Monday!

If there's anything left of the gripper after Goody gets done with it. :laugh

Just get good video Mike! The closing will be easy

Side note, I fooled with benching on Saturday and got 225lb for 10 reps. The last three were shaky :blush

Guest Bullitt
Just get good video Mike! The closing will be easy

Side note, I fooled with benching on Saturday and got 225lb for 10 reps. The last three were shaky :blush

Thanks John. Will have two cameras rolling from slightly different angles.

Shaky or not, 225X10 is good stuff for somebody who doesn't bench regularly. That's about a 300 max on a 1rep max calculator. :rock

Guest Bullitt

Great workout with a hiccup. Sorin week 7 singles day. Lots of PRs today. Richard had me experiment with a heavy partial right before my max single today. I think I must have done something wrong because it seemed to mess me up more than help me. I think I hurried too much. He told me I had 45 seconds to do my single after the partial which was 40lbs more than my max attempt for the day. I rushed right back on the bench after we stripped the weight and must not have gotten set right or didn't give my CNS time to recover. I think I was going again 20 seconds or so after racking the partial. Weight felt funny and i paused longer than normal at the bottom. I missed it and my great spotter (wife) had to help me. I got mad, waited 3 minutes and hit the weight for a paused single easy. Then went right on with the workout with no problems setting PRs in 4 rep bench, inclines, and rows. Other than the miss, I was really pleased with the workout. Last one before MM1! All reps paused:

barX20

135X6

185X1

225X1

255X1

Work sets:

320 X 3" Partial followed immediately by...

280 X miss

Waited 3 mins and...

280X1 paused PR

245X4 PR

Incline press:

205 X 4X6reps PR

Bent over barbell rows:

warmed up with one arm rows on 60lb kettlebell.

240lbs X 4X6reps PR

Hammer curls:

35lb plate in each hand: 4X6 reps.

Great workout with a hiccup. Sorin week 7 singles day. Lots of PRs today. Richard had me experiment with a heavy partial right before my max single today. I think I must have done something wrong because it seemed to mess me up more than help me. I think I hurried too much. He told me I had 45 seconds to do my single after the partial which was 40lbs more than my max attempt for the day. I rushed right back on the bench after we stripped the weight and must not have gotten set right or didn't give my CNS time to recover. I think I was going again 20 seconds or so after racking the partial. Weight felt funny and i paused longer than normal at the bottom. I missed it and my great spotter (wife) had to help me. I got mad, waited 3 minutes and hit the weight for a paused single easy. Then went right on with the workout with no problems setting PRs in 4 rep bench, inclines, and rows. Other than the miss, I was really pleased with the workout. Last one before MM1! All reps paused:

barX20

135X6

185X1

225X1

255X1

Work sets:

280 X miss

Waited 3 mins and...

280X1 paused PR

245X4 PR

Incline press:

205 X 4X6reps PR

Bent over barbell rows:

240lbs X 4X6reps PR

Hammer curls:

Strong all around workout!

Guest Bullitt

barX20

135X6

185X1

225X1

255X1

Work sets:

280 X miss

Waited 3 mins and...

280X1 paused PR

245X4 PR

Incline press:

205 X 4X6reps PR

Bent over barbell rows:

240lbs X 4X6reps PR

Hammer curls:

Strong all around workout!

Thanks bro. Feeling it today. :pinch

Guest Bullitt

Just did a quick gripper workout to grease the groove (thanks Sam) for MM1 coming up. 5 singles on my #3. Just worked on set, pausing, explosive close. All were solid, easy closes. Actually got a couple clicks in there.

Left hand: Tried to get a better vid of a lefty #3. Missed 3 attempts, all by 1/8 or less.

Now it's just time to relax and get ready.

Guest Bullitt

Week 8: Doubles day of Sorin bench plan. I moved my Monday Doubles workout to Sunday as this week is going to be slammed. Per Richard's instruction, I dialed down the intensity on my assistance work for the last two weeks as we are in PR territory on the bench for every working set here on out. Jury is still out on where I'll end up on the bench after week 9, but on my 4 main assistance lifts I made incredible gains. All these have been done with 4 sets of 6. I went up 85lbs on strict bent over rows, 40lbs on incline press, 40lbs on strict seated presses, and about 15lbs on pullups. So, whatever number I end up with for the bench, this has really worked well for me as far as overall strength.

Bench:

barX20

135X6

165X2

205X2

240X2

Work Sets: Neither of these was easy, however, I am not used to working out in the morning AT ALL! ;)

275X2 PR

250X4 PR

Seated Press: 135X 4X6 reps

Pullups (assisted): 4X6 reps

Hammers (with 20lb Kettlebells): 4X6 reps

All the best with your attempt (meaning close) Mike! :rock

Guest Bullitt

Goody & I did our MM1 cert attempts last night and then tried out some other grippers Goody has. Lots of fun. I came oh so close to closing the BBE he got from Chad which is around 175 with the old style, HG type knurling and Goody came within some pinched palm skin of closing the RB330 (about 1/16" or less) he got from Chad, which is right around 185. That thing is a beast. I was happy to get it just passed parallel.

Guest Bullitt

Thursday Week 8 Sorin Bench Plan: Singles Day

Bench:

BarX15

135X5

185X1

225X1

255X1

330X1 3" partial - waited 45 seconds and...

290X1 PR (this was definitely my max today. 290.1 would not have gone up :laugh )

255X3 (technical problem. Forgot to put collars on and by end of 3rd rep the weight on the right side had slid about 3" out) Honestly, I was really taxed by the 290. I'm not sure if #4 would have gone up anyway.

Went light on all the assistance exercises: Inclines, rows, hammer curls 4X6

Thursday Week 8 Sorin Bench Plan: Singles Day

Bench:

BarX15

135X5

185X1

225X1

255X1

330X1 3" partial - waited 45 seconds and...

290X1 PR (this was definitely my max today. 290.1 would not have gone up :laugh )

255X3 (technical problem. Forgot to put collars on and by end of 3rd rep the weight on the right side had slid about 3" out) Honestly, I was really taxed by the 290. I'm not sure if #4 would have gone up anyway.

Went light on all the assistance exercises: Inclines, rows, hammer curls 4X6

Nice work Rindo! always nice and rewarding to move a PR on your single!

290X1 PR

Congrats!

300# are next!

300lbs will be anytime soon!

Edited by John Eaton

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys. Felt great.

Hit the grippers last night:

Warmed up with my new wrist roller. Just a couple passes each way with a 45. The fat smooth PVC makes it fun.

My 3.5 is starting to unbind. Almost got it twice.

Righty:

3.5: 1X1mm, 1X2mm, 1X 1/4" with 5 BFNs

BBE Adjustable X1 with 3 BFNs

Lefty:

HG250 X5

2.5X3, 2.5X3, 2.5 X1

Bending: Worked on a 1/4X6 G8. Wobbled it about 5 dgrees DO. Had nothing left to finish it.