Strict Standing Curl Number?

Pancake Sprawl

NICE!!! I did an 80 fairly easily last week, would have been very close to a double if I'd have tried but that would have shot my load so I saved it to get more sets in. Did 4 strict singles with a 75 and one with a seventy and then repped out with a 65. I'm going to attempt the 85 next workout.

That's nice work Josh about a month ago I did a 70lber right for 15 right and did 12 left clean I shot my self that day would have been the day to try a p/r. I am doing so much cardio I may back off for a couple day's to help try something is the fashion I am doing these exceptable? O my body weight is about 265 now.

265# WOW!!!!!! You'll be all twisted steel and sex appeal :D I'm about 210# myself. As far as your form; just a post a vid and I'm sure people will be more than happy to let you know if it's wrong :D

Yea your right there I alway's try to be as strict as possible that's great 210# got ab's I am along way's from there but I weighed 325 when we met in KC. And I can still do the trick !

Edited by big nasty

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeypaws

• Magnus

• jad

• Pancake Sprawl

never did get the BIG of Big Nasty, now you am def LITTLE Nasty!

I am feeling alittle small these day's guy's trying to push me around at the gym !

Seeing as how i hairline fractured my collar bone and i cant do much hard shoulder girdle training, i decided to try this curl thing out (only righty, lefty is the broken clavicle), and i hit 80# fresh, but 85# was a struggle, had to cheat on that one. I dont see me hitting 100 unless i do college gymnastics or somehow become an olympian.

All you guys doing 80# in strict fashion should try and take videos of your feats, because they would be very impressive. Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to find STRICT curls of that poundages in Youtube, and it is practically impossible!

All you guys doing 80# in strict fashion should try and take videos of your feats, because they would be very impressive. Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to find STRICT curls of that poundages in Youtube, and it is practically impossible!

When I get to 90 I'll head over to a buddy's house and film it. I don't know about the others but the idea of filming anything at my gym would get a "are you serious?" and then a "ummm NO, don't ask again". They get upset if they see you with a cell phone on the floor for fear you're going to take a picture. Of course they seem to make exceptions for the hot cardio bunnies that talk on them while they're on the treadmill :D

I did alittle looking and I found some guy under preacher dumbell curl and he is using the rubber weight's not steel but the guy does a 100-105-115- 125 laid out over a preacher if it's legit the dude is a freak. He look like a good size asian guy I dont know how to link it or I would!

I did alittle looking and I found some guy under preacher dumbell curl and he is using the rubber weight's not steel but the guy does a 100-105-115- 125 laid out over a preacher if it's legit the dude is a freak. He look like a good size asian guy I dont know how to link it or I would!

just copy left mouse and paste

Seeing as how i hairline fractured my collar bone and i cant do much hard shoulder girdle training, i decided to try this curl thing out (only righty, lefty is the broken clavicle), and i hit 80# fresh, but 85# was a struggle, had to cheat on that one. I dont see me hitting 100 unless i do college gymnastics or somehow become an olympian.

Sorry, but I don't see any gymnast in the olympics curling #100 Vigeant style.

Anyway, how much do you weigh?

i dont really try to anything to strict im all over the place, Magnus Samualson says to just move the weight. here is me doing some curls at the end of this video i probally weighed about 235 or so when i filmed it im still in the brace so it wasent that long ago. i dont think you have to be real strict to get strong.

rico

preachers for the most part are much easier

just copy left mouse and paste

that man is an animal good lord! I wonder exactly what his 1 rep max would be?

• 1 month later...

This thread is interesting. Is this real (???):

I'm gonna try sometime to see what I can do strict like mentioned in this thread.

I tried and got 50 lbs. left handed and 45 lbs. right handed (don't know why I can do more with my left, I am right handed). I had my back to the wall and did not swing the weight. I weigh 170. I think that's pretty good for my weight isn't it? As I get stronger I'm going to max out from time to time and see if my max increases. This is an interesting topic to me.

I tried and got 50 lbs. left handed and 45 lbs. right handed (don't know why I can do more with my left, I am right handed). I had my back to the wall and did not swing the weight. I weigh 170. I think that's pretty good for my weight isn't it? As I get stronger I'm going to max out from time to time and see if my max increases. This is an interesting topic to me.

Ivar at 154 can curl 70 i think, by far the best strength to weight ratio here.

right now my weight is at 160 and cant curl 80 anymore, i dropped some weight since then, i can only curl about 75 now.

Josh, as a rule of thumb, if someone's numbers are that close to mine, their's aint that impressive at all :tongue

But I bet you'll be curling way more in no time! :rock

I was just messing around tonight:

EZbar curls, did 138 for 2 singles, and then 142 for a single, all STRICT.

Then, I attempted the 70lb DB curl again, and it was, for all intents and purposes, strict. Very slight lean forward at the beginning, but

perfect besides that. Definitely would've had it if I tried that first.

I'm doing biceps tomorrow, so I capped it there.

Edited by Magnus

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest strict curl in history was performed by Doug Hepburn with 260 lbs , this was with 2 hands and just bicep power !!!!

Biggest strict curl in history was performed by Doug Hepburn with 260 lbs , this was with 2 hands and just bicep power !!!!

Wow I cant imagine curling that kinda weight. I remember back in HS during football there would be guys with around 250 on the bench and we joke that we were gonna pop in for a quick set of curls. To see someone come in and actually perform a strict rep with that weight would have made all of our jaws drop for sure haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

you are a VERY strong guy. I'm wondering if you could curls 100 pounds (one hand) the way Rob is asking/searching for. Strict, full range, elbow free, bodybuilding style.

Flo

• 4 weeks later...

"yeah i figured. i don't care about how big my arms get, i just want to be devastatingly powerful."

If it's power your after I would recommend you focus on these three components. FORM, REP RANGE & CALORIES.

To be more specific, always perform your exercises with the best form possible without cheating. E.g. a correctly executed bicep curl should focus on working the biceps 100% (and not biceps 70% and lover back 30% because of unnecessary leaning and swinging)

Second, focus on failing at a lower rep range. Although there are many different opinions on rep range, aim for between 4-7 and you should be ok. At least to start off with. You can always lower the rep range and increase the weight once you have mastered correct form.

And finally, calories. Providing you follow the first two principles, then you will inevitably be able to boost your results by increasing your calories. Have you ever known a power lifter you eats low calories? The fact is, the more you put it the more you get out, but focus on high carbs, medium protein and low fat.

if you find your gains stagnate after a while, try upping your calories and monitor results, or consider taking a few more days rest to avoid over training.

Good Luck

P.S. Im putting together a resource on wrist exercises and was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions of your favorite training tips for forearm strength, size and power.

Thanks

http://www.wristexercisesblog.com/

"yeah i figured. i don't care about how big my arms get, i just want to be devastatingly powerful."

If it's power your after I would recommend you focus on these three components. FORM, REP RANGE & CALORIES.

To be more specific, always perform your exercises with the best form possible without cheating. E.g. a correctly executed bicep curl should focus on working the biceps 100% (and not biceps 70% and lover back 30% because of unnecessary leaning and swinging)

Second, focus on failing at a lower rep range. Although there are many different opinions on rep range, aim for between 4-7 and you should be ok. At least to start off with. You can always lower the rep range and increase the weight once you have mastered correct form.

And finally, calories. Providing you follow the first two principles, then you will inevitably be able to boost your results by increasing your calories. Have you ever known a power lifter you eats low calories? The fact is, the more you put it the more you get out, but focus on high carbs, medium protein and low fat.

if you find your gains stagnate after a while, try upping your calories and monitor results, or consider taking a few more days rest to avoid over training.

Good Luck

P.S. Im putting together a resource on wrist exercises and was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions of your favorite training tips for forearm strength, size and power.

Thanks

http://www.wristexercisesblog.com/

i would have thought that doing fast/explosive reps would be better for pure power. [max one-rep]