Strict Standing Curl Number?

Pancake Sprawl

http://www.rb-germany.com/StrictCurlRecords.html

According to this, the strict E-Z Bar Curl overall world record is just under 170 pounds. There must be DOZENS of arm wrestlers who could beat that if they trained for it.

I like how they define "strict curl" in clear, unmistakable terms: head, back and bottom must be touching the wall at all times. Any separation from the wall and it is disqualified.

It sure as heck beats out those "strict curl" competitions where some "body English" is permitted, but not too much. If you are friends with or related to the referee, does that mean you can get away with more "body English"? For example, I've seen "strict curls" of 220+ that were ruled legit that never would have passed the above litmus test.

I think it's far more sensible to talk about "strictness" of an exercise and define it within specific, operational terms.

Edited by G-Man

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeypaws

• Magnus

• jad

• Pancake Sprawl

Hi guys,

with strict form curls we train our biceps............ :D

with cheat curls we train our biceps , waist and a lot of our ego (another thing to say 'I curl 100pounds' and another thing to say 'I curl 200' ). :rolleyes

So why don't we see them as two deferent exercises.......? :laugh

So...........(for example)......... I CURL 100 POUNDS ......AND...... I CHEAT CURL 200 POUNDS...!

What do you think...? :cool