• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeypaws

• Magnus

• jad

• Pancake Sprawl

Sick!!! :rock How about left-handed?

And yeah, that uploader has been acting stupid lately.

Looked good to me Rob. :cool

left is about 5lbs off

arturo, now that I know how to do it, I'll start posting.

I am moving into my new apt. this week and it has a big garage for a workout area..........I'll get the pullups once I have it set up good

Great curl Rob and thanks for posting it! On a side note I let out a "what the..." when you were pointing at the plates with your index and pinky and it looked like you could easily touch the outer edges :D

Hmmm...if I'm not mistaken your elbow moved 1.5mm and created a swinging motion that enabled you to lift the weight.......jk...... sick power dude.

Looks good to me! I think anyone with sense would agree this is a good real world example of a legit strict curl. Anyway, time to get curling!

Hats off to you Rob! :rock

That's the strictest one arm curl I've seen. :blink

Incredible power!!!

Fantastic job!!! :rock:rock

Mighty Joe

here it is

Nice! :rock

Myself, I tried 55, 65, 75 and just about busted a nut on 85. It was a no-go at the half way mark. :blink I dropped back down and did 80 successfully. With some serious, consistent training 100 is doable. I really don't know about 130?

that is what i was talking about in the beginning! that is awesome endurance, strength, and control in that video there

Strong curl, Rob! Thanks for posting the video!

btw, i just read my first post and i see i said i did 100lbs, i didn't mean it like monkeypaws, more like Magnus' one with the 70lbs when i was still training for football. but i didn't do it with that pause he did going down.

Thought I'd try this out of curiosity as I never do direct arm work - but I do do weighted parallel grip pullups twice a week and hit them quite hard and my biceps & brachioradialis are always sore after just the pullups.

here's my go at 65lbs:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbdndBGL8o

I know the starting position is a little 'unstrict' as my elbow won't straighten fully due to some calcification.

(I then tried 70lb, and right at the point where the forearm is parallel to the ground i was stuck for 5 seconds and it just wouldn't go. Anyway I was close and might try again soon. The 5lb from 65 to 70 felt considerably heavier)

i cannot edit, but i did it pretty a sloppy way. i guess like a cheat curl? i don't really know the terminology but basically i did whatever it took for me to get the weight up. i thought that doing that kind of things will make you stronger?

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

Uh..oh... I hope you know you just asked for it. All momentum.

Hang cleans! :D

I'm not that strong, but I can bring 80 lbs up to my shoulder like that. I doubt if I could curl 60 lbs strict.

Well I tried the dbs at the gym to see how they compared to my R-ring and loading pin set up and they're definitely easier.

Hit 80# righty, with the left one being too sloppy. The 80# was HARD and I was stuck at parallel for a good 2 seconds. I tried it again and couldn't even get parallel. Then I did 5 more strict singles with the 70# righty and 3 more lefty. I was amazed at how much easier the 70# was and it makes me appreciate what Rob is saying about a couple pounds making a big difference with this lift.

Who cares about the curls, look at the rest of his videos :ohmy:blink BEAST

Not to many who can do this, let alone 17y/os (myself included :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3k6SzB6d0...re=channel_page

And crud, his bench, deads, and squats are unreal :blink

I put up the same numbers at that age when I though getting the weight from point A to point B was the point. Then I realized that there is a lot between "A" and "B".