• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeypaws

• Magnus

• jad

• Pancake Sprawl

Who cares about the curls, look at the rest of his videos :ohmy:blink BEAST

Not to many who can do this, let alone 17y/os (myself included :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3k6SzB6d0...re=channel_page

And crud, his bench, deads, and squats are unreal :blink

I put up the same numbers at that age when I though getting the weight from point A to point B was the point. Then I realized that there is a lot between "A" and "B".

that's crazy, that kid has a bigger bench then Vasyl Virastyuk.

I put up the same numbers at that age when I though getting the weight from point A to point B was the point. Then I realized that there is a lot between "A" and "B".

You were benching 405 x 15, bent-over rowing 405 x 15, Romanian deadlifting 700 x 2, box-squating 805, and raw squating 600 when you where 17? :blink

After watching those videos, it's clear that kid is a freak. He has my vote as strongest youth in the world. :bow

Mine too :bow

ok, I just edited it down, seems I did a little more talkin than I thought.

I had to cut down other attempts and explanations, but I did get the weights and curl as well as a half curl and hold.

I wasn't warm when I did this and was fairly sore to begin with.....so overall I am happy that I got this up.

Edit. in the video I breakdown the weight increments and they sound as if it adds up to 80lbs.........but when I say another 5, I meant to say 5 on each side as in 10 more lbs.

it breaks down as 2-25s,2-5s, 2-4.4kg,1-2.2kg, and bar and collars a minimum 3lbs...........I did later weigh it.....87lbs.

we can call it 85 for sure.

I think all fresh and healed I might get over 90..............finally.

I'll post as soon as it is done loading, still going slow

is that your normal way to do curls or do you do other curling ex? I havent tried them that way but i do some sets like that with a low cable standing but i dont try beeing that strict :D

You were benching 405 x 15, bent-over rowing 405 x 15, Romanian deadlifting 700 x 2, box-squating 805, and raw squating 600 when you where 17? :blink

After watching those videos, it's clear that kid is a freak. He has my vote as strongest youth in the world. :bow

Mine too :bow

Nope Frank, misread and only watched the curl vid. The kid is a dam ox, nowhere near thoes numbers. Though I have ALWAYS worked on form, I have to admit that if I was to throw form to the wind, I still wouldn't be able to throw around weight like that at his age. :blush

Edited by AFreeland

Nope Frank, misread and only watched the curl vid. The kid is a dam ox, nowhere near thoes numbers. Though I have ALWAYS worked on form, I have to admit that if I was to throw form to the wind, I still wouldn't be able to throw around weight like that at his age. :blush

Whew, kinda glad to hear that, cuz I thought I was just that weak :laugh

And crud, his bench, deads, and squats are unreal :blink

nm you addressed it. Check the video response with the guy precher curling 85's super stroct, true monster

Edited by TKtheGreek

check this guy out!! :ohmy:bow

17 years old: 100 lb dumbbell curls for reps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQs0oGA5XZw...re=channel_page

at that point its more back, delt, shoulder, core, strength then bicep strength. Since he is like well over 300lbs with 700+ deadlift 100lb cheat hammer churls will be pretty easy for him.

His squat and deadlift strength is what is really amazing though.

that kid should go to college and play ball, even if he doesn't care for it he could get a free education and who knows, that kid is probably stronger than a lot of NFL guys also. if he has the speed he could be a destructive defensive tackle.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

I had to cut down other attempts and explanations, but I did get the weights and curl as well as a half curl and hold.

I wasn't warm when I did this and was fairly sore to begin with.....so overall I am happy that I got this up.

Edit. in the video I breakdown the weight increments and they sound as if it adds up to 80lbs.........but when I say another 5, I meant to say 5 on each side as in 10 more lbs.

it breaks down as 2-25s,2-5s, 2-4.4kg,1-2.2kg, and bar and collars a minimum 3lbs...........I did later weigh it.....87lbs.

is that your normal way to do curls or do you do other curling ex? I havent tried them that way but i do some sets like that with a low cable standing but i dont try beeing that strict :D

I do lots of curl variations. I do preachers, hammers, partials, statics, concentration..........the whole nine yards.

I do try to maintain this strictness because I want to make my bicep stronger and momentum and cheating doesn't help that.

I will cheat up a dumbell if I am burnt and gonna do some negatives, but this is my normal fashion.

I just wanted to illustrate a strict curl since the curl posts come up a lot.

I do lots of curl variations. I do preachers, hammers, partials, statics, concentration..........the whole nine yards.

I do try to maintain this strictness because I want to make my bicep stronger and momentum and cheating doesn't help that.

I will cheat up a dumbell if I am burnt and gonna do some negatives, but this is my normal fashion.

I just wanted to illustrate a strict curl since the curl posts come up a lot.

exactly how big are your arms? i was surprised to hear Vasyl Virastyuk's are under 20in.

a little over 19'' cold

a little over 19'' cold

how is it measured? sorry i'm a newb. like straight out or is it in position like when you flex? any how, that's a huge arm.

No way strongest in the world-but he is super strong.

Someone here will remember the name-but watched a video of a Swede kid who was 17 @220lbs BW who was hitting over 800Sq, 725Dl and 480BP RAW in a meet. He was profiled in an issue of PLUSA in early 2007....

If that young man from the video stays injury free and gets a good mentor he could be very awesome in PL, and SM. i bet he has the making of a grip from hell too.

No way strongest in the world-but he is super strong.

Someone here will remember the name-but watched a video of a Swede kid who was 17 @220lbs BW who was hitting over 800Sq, 725Dl and 480BP RAW in a meet. He was profiled in an issue of PLUSA in early 2007....

If that young man from the video stays injury free and gets a good mentor he could be very awesome in PL, and SM. i bet he has the making of a grip from hell too.

I thought the same thing.

rob,

i would really be interested in seeing a video of how you DB preacher curl (just curious as to the form you use - i want to see if i can mimic the movement)

i haven't done preachers...or any sort of curl...in a very long time (doing mainly 'meats and potatoes' lifting now), but reading this thread has gotten me interested.

you guys are all posting insane numbers...really strong arms by a lot of guys here...rob, magnus, stalwart...impessive stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

depends, i have been moving around so much in the past couple of years that my training is balls out for a month off for 5.........not by choice but by circumstance. I feel as if most of the past 4-5 years I have been getting back on the horse but never quite being able to stick with it.

I am finally settled in a house and my friend is a mile away and building a really nice training area that will be ready in a week or 2.

I will be working very hard and steady and will be getting some sort of routine and schedual......then I will be able to answer training questions, now I just kind of give weights and certain exercises a go just to see how they feel.

diesel, I will get you a video when I get around a preacher bench.

I can static very heavy and my preachers are super strict with almost full range.

Well I saw my name mentioned here I have done 105lb dumbell and this in what fashion I did it. I was standing next to the rack held on to the rack for stablity the dumbell was hanging rested to my side I with no swing brought it up and as soon as a clear my body i turn it in and fully curl the dumbell. Now I did this at body weight of 300lb's for those who care I am life time drug free now I have lost alot of weight lately so I have lost some strength. Now how ever had a guy running his mouth at the gym the other day about this I wanted to bet him a c-note that I could out one arm dumbell curl him he wanted to start at 60lb's I ask him how many he wanted he decided not to bet at the end I did a 90lber I thought was clean in the fashion I decribed earlier. And I was about half way threw a nasty back workout when this went down if fresh 100lber maybe I will have my buddy bring his camera to the gym and I will try to get you guy's something. I will say I saw that vid of Rob doing 85lb's in that fashion is very strong very nice. I have laid a 65lber over the preacher curl and laid it almost flat for some rep's but like I said I will try to get something for you guy's !

Edited by big nasty

NICE!!! I did an 80 fairly easily last week, would have been very close to a double if I'd have tried but that would have shot my load so I saved it to get more sets in. Did 4 strict singles with a 75 and one with a seventy and then repped out with a 65. I'm going to attempt the 85 next workout.

NICE!!! I did an 80 fairly easily last week, would have been very close to a double if I'd have tried but that would have shot my load so I saved it to get more sets in. Did 4 strict singles with a 75 and one with a seventy and then repped out with a 65. I'm going to attempt the 85 next workout.

That's nice work Josh about a month ago I did a 70lber right for 15 right and did 12 left clean I shot my self that day would have been the day to try a p/r. I am doing so much cardio I may back off for a couple day's to help try something is the fashion I am doing these exceptable? O my body weight is about 265 now.

Edited by big nasty

I tried the heavy curls - I did them BB style - that is I watched myself in the mirror - shirt off and everything hehe! 60# went each hand with what I would call strict form - 65# almost went left hand (I'm RH). Because the thread is about strict curling 100# - I tried a negative with my 100# DB - both hands up and a very fast "lower" (think drop like a rock). 100 is not in my future no matter how long I train. I think 65 is very possible as this was done after a workout and without having done any actual curls in years. You monsters - Good Luck - that 100 was heavy!

I tried 65# fresh - it went up both hands with pretty good form.- was very close on 70# but no joy either hand - I did get it with some body english. A very long way to a hundred! I figure if I trained hard for a while - maybe 75# but who knows. You guys are beasts!

That's nice work Josh about a month ago I did a 70lber right for 15 right and did 12 left clean I shot my self that day would have been the day to try a p/r. I am doing so much cardio I may back off for a couple day's to help try something is the fashion I am doing these exceptable? O my body weight is about 265 now.

265# WOW!!!!!! You'll be all twisted steel and sex appeal :D I'm about 210# myself. As far as your form; just a post a vid and I'm sure people will be more than happy to let you know if it's wrong :D