• EricMilfeld

• nockowt1

• MalachiMcMullen

• vikingsrule92

Deadlifts

540 x 2

Nice. What is your max these days Eric?

I hear it's... :blink 644

I've said it before Eric but 644 and you can't be more than 220 TOPS, it's either a 3xBW pull or it's darned close. INCREDIBLE.

Hehe, sorry :blush I know I'm not Eric but I had to gush over his best pull because at his BW it's... it's... crazy strong :whacked

Thank you Kevin and Zach. I just wanted to see where my pull was at after not doing any heavy olympic barbell deads in several months. It's been mainly high reps on the 2" axle. I guess right this second I could pull about 580, no suit, at 195 body weight. My best at 181 is 617, at 198 it's 628, and I weighed 217 when I got 644. So, packing on weight never really did much for my pulling.

Yesterday's training with Joe, Shane, and Greg:

Grippers

#3 x 4

143 lb. x 4

#3 x 1 (credit card set)

143 lb. x 1 (credit card set) PR!!!!!

161 lb. x 2 PR!

#2.5 x 1 (no set) PR!!!

Bending

Edgin

3/8 x 6" grade 2 bolt

reverse grip 5/16" x 6" grade 2 bolt

I also did a St. Croix #0 Lite and a Diamond #1 Hind.

I worked up into the mid 230s on v-bar, levered my 16lb. hammer, and basically did all the events for this year's Show of Hands.

Thank you Kevin and Zach. I just wanted to see where my pull was at after not doing any heavy olympic barbell deads in several months. It's been mainly high reps on the 2" axle. I guess right this second I could pull about 580, no suit, at 195 body weight. My best at 181 is 617, at 198 it's 628, and I weighed 217 when I got 644. So, packing on weight never really did much for my pulling.

Haha, 644@217, 2.96xBW THAT is an awesome pull Eric :rock :rock :rock Hell even a "mere" 580@217 is no small feat!

How did that 3/8x6 G2 feel? I always hate asking questions like this but where would you rate it or what could you compare it's difficulty to?

EDIT: Whoops! Almost missed the fact that you took down an SCF Lite #0! Nice Eric! Wasn't as hard as you thought it would be was it ;)

PS, was that Lite a Rim or Plain? Just curious :happy

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Thanks, guys.

Zach, it was a rimmed. I noticed they are nearly 3/8" thick, though. But yes, it did go down easily.

Zach, I really think a 617 at 181 is WAY more amazing than a 644 at 217. THAT'S 3.41 TIMES BODYWEIGHT!! Freakin amazing man!!!

Eric, I'm guessing that must have been an easy G2 right? Since you've yet to finish off a 6" Edgin I'm curiosu what type that was and where it cal'd.

Zach, I really think a 617 at 181 is WAY more amazing than a 644 at 217. THAT'S 3.41 TIMES BODYWEIGHT!! Freakin amazing man!!!

Eric, I'm guessing that must have been an easy G2 right? Since you've yet to finish off a 6" Edgin I'm curiosu what type that was and where it cal'd.

Haha, your right! I thought it was 617@198 and 580@181, brain fart you could say :rolleyes Anyway, how does that 3/8 G2 compare to other stuff you've bent Eric?

I forgot to mention how tough that bolt is. It's a Zimmerman and feels similar to a hard Grand Bastard, but the final crush is easier.

I forgot to mention how tough that bolt is. It's a Zimmerman and feels similar to a hard Grand Bastard, but the final crush is easier.

As in the 450 batch? Or the psycho 485 hex-esque batch? Man where can you find these Zimmermans? They sound like an interesting bolt.

As in the 450 batch? Or the psycho 485 hex-esque batch? Man where can you find these Zimmermans? They sound like an interesting bolt.

I meant a 450 batch. Yeah, they're fun bolts and look really impressive. These were a gift to me from Booyah, but he's been unable to locate the bolts again.

How did that G2 reverse feel?

It felt pretty easy, but I haven't calibrated that particular grade 2. I'll have to do so next time I do some calibrating.

2.25" Wooden Pinch Block

206 x 1 x 6

Bench Press

245 x 7

Grippers

166 lb. to 3/16" with parallel set

166 lb. to 1/16" with parallel set (first time I've closed this one this far with a Mash Monster set)

161 x 0 (I don't think I've recovered from Saturday's gripper workout)

1 5/8" Hammer Curls

79 x 3 (each hand)

Horseshoes

Diamond Bronco #1 (PR!) This felt harder than the #0 Bronco I did last week, but I got it to 180.

- 50 deep knee bends

- failed several times on the Blob 50.

I bent a Diamond #1 Pony yesterday.

Stack of Plates Rows

230 x 10

I wasn't supposed to do anything tonight because of my scheduled meet up with Paul and Casey tomorrow, but my adjustable Super Elite arrived today, courtesy of Aaron Corcorran. I immediately calibrated it upon tearing into the box. It hit 185 lbs. with a 1/4" spring mount (Mash Monster 4). Then...

Grippers

- 185 lb. x 1 x 2 with a parallel choker set (PR!!!)

I can't wait to adjust the spring and see if I can't hit #190+.

WOW ERIC!!!! Awesome PR dude you're almost in to easy #4 territory!!! Keep it going man and go after the 3/16" set!!! :rock :rock

Well done :rock

Thanks a bunch, guys!

It may not be the popular theory, but I'm thinking choker training can be the magic bullet for any range of gripper closing. It at least got me over a gripper slump. But maybe it was just the change, any change, in my training routine that did it.

it is a super elite adjusted to an mm4, and i expect he calibrated it using the redneck gripper calibrator. just search for it, there is a lot of info on it