My Everything Log

EricMilfeld

Thanks a bunch, guys!

It may not be the popular theory, but I'm thinking choker training can be the magic bullet for any range of gripper closing. It at least got me over a gripper slump. But maybe it was just the change, any change, in my training routine that did it.

Super job Eric, you're going to be approaching Josh Dale's Gripmas territory soon the way you're improving.

I just wish they'd make the damn things already "set", I'm not fond of fumbling with them and fell in love with the choker idea at Gripmas.

I believe the choker idea is sound myself and will try it or some variation thereof when I start training grippers.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• nockowt1

• MalachiMcMullen

• vikingsrule92

Nice job Eric! Thats a stout close no matter how you do it. I thought it felt pretty tough before I put it in the box. I did manage to close it though at that setting. I wonder what it will calibrate at 1/16 mount. The original mount was just under 1/16 and I tried it in a choker like that before the mod. btw It will prolly season down a little with some closes so I would retest after 50 or so.

- Aaron

Thanks, ya'll!

Yes, my calibration device yields the same numbers as a Redneck device.

Aaron, you Mash Monster set that thing and shut it! :bow

Today's workout was my first meet up with Paul Knight and Casey Emery:

Too much to recall, but I'll try.

I did a double 45 hub and then toyed around with the same.

Tore a deck of cards that was much tougher than Bicycles. They're labeled "Secret Greetings" "Playing Cards", courtesy of the dollar store.

Took to 160 degrees a St. Croix #2 Lite Plain shoe. This baby's much tougher than the #1 Broco I recently bent. Then I put a good kink in a St. Croix "EZ" "00-F". What's the "EZ" mean I wonder on that front "00" size shoe, I wonder? This thing is squatty, thick, and wide. Totally nutso looking.

Just played around with the grippers doing my #185 in choker twice, closing Paul's tough #3 with a parallel set, and just missing a RB 210 no set.

Oh, and I finally pinched 5 x10s with each hand. It felt pretty easy. I guess my plates are just too wobbly for me. We used either Paul's or Casey's today, and they fit together like a glove.

I did my 16 lb. hammer, the Blob, bent a crazy tough 1/4" bolt that Casey gave me. It felt tougher than a grade 9, but we couldn't make out the labeling on the head.

Sounds like a great get together!

...Oh and Eric, you know you'll have to post a picture of that SCF EZ shoe now :) I've only ever seen one of those on St. Croix's website and the pictures don't do the shoes justice.

...Oh and Eric, you know you'll have to post a picture of that SCF EZ shoe now :) I've only ever seen one of those on St. Croix's website and the pictures don't do the shoes justice.

Yes, we had a blast today!

Of course your name kept coming up today every time we grabbed a horseshoe. You're the man, Zach!

Check it out:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7143

Nice job on the gripper PR. When will you be doing a MMG cert?

I added my name to the list in hopes of being able to do it on April 19th at The Show of Hands, but we'll have to see when the Rosendauls finish with their certs.

Yes, we had a blast today!

Of course your name kept coming up today every time we grabbed a horseshoe. You're the man, Zach!

Check it out:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7143

Whew! That does look tougher than a Bronco shoe! It's wider and rounder, ouch :D me likes :laugh

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

1 5/8" Dumbbell Curls

58 x 12 (each hand)

2.5" Loadable Dumbbell Deadlifts

Did several lifts with about 153 with each hand and lifted about half way 158 several times.

- 50 deep knee bends

- 55 pushups on fists

- 30 closegrip pushups

Tried to do grippers, but had nothing at all left in me after yesterday's shindig.

Yesterday:

Grippers

157 lb. x 2 parallel reps

161 lb. x 1 with overcrush

failed a few times by 1/16" with my 185 lb. in a choker (still not recovered from the last workout, I guess)

143 lb. x 5 parallel reps

Horseshoes

St. Croix Plain Lite #000

St. Croix Lite Rimmed #1 to 170 degrees (This kind of upset me, as I had finished one off quite easily the week previous. But my leg is still in a lot of pain.)

Tonight:

2" Axle Deadlift (no belt)

305 x 15 (first 7 reps performed double overhand)

- 14 pullups on a 2.5" bar

Wow Eric!!!!!!! All of it :rock

Thanks, Kevin and Mike!

I had an early morning workout with Paul today:

Paul destroyed in no time at all a St. Croix Ultra Lite #2 to a heartshape... barehanded! He talked me into trying one barehanded and I got it well past 180 before I wussed out.

Paul tried his first Edgin today, and despite the bolt being way off center, he nearly finished it off. He got it to half way between ninety and finished in just a couple of minutes. We then both killed a piece of National brand 3/8 x 7" hrs. This stuff has a mean crush.

On the 2" v-bar we both worked up to 238. Of course this was Paul's first time trying this lift. :dry:angry: This guy's really starting to annoy me. Our goal today on v-bar was to best Derek Graybill's best. :D It's not easy keeping up with that young super hero!

On grippers I closed my 185 pounder in a choker. Paul came within 1/16" of closing a MM1 level gripper with his shallow set he uses. Oh, and we measured his hands: 8 1/4". Big time unfair advantage there. :D

Then we played around with the Blob 50. I lifted it a few times, but couldn't quite lock it out with my forefinger placed across the top of it. I just wanted to see how that technique felt. Paul's getting desperate to lift this thing now. I'm sure it won't be long

After Paul left I did some Euro Pinch, but felt off. I did manage a 214 pull on both the 2.25" width, as well as the 2.5" setting. My thumb webbing split open again on my first lift. Card tearing is responsible for drawing blood in this area last week, and it hadn't fully healed.

Thanks, Kevin and Mike!

I had an early morning workout with Paul today:

Paul destroyed in no time at all a St. Croix Ultra Lite #2 to a heartshape... barehanded! He talked me into trying one barehanded and I got it well past 180 before I wussed out.

Paul tried his first Edgin today, and despite the bolt being way off center, he nearly finished it off. He got it to half way between ninety and finished in just a couple of minutes. We then both killed a piece of National brand 3/8 x 7" hrs. This stuff has a mean crush.

On the 2" v-bar we both worked up to 238. Of course this was Paul's first time trying this lift. :dry:angry: This guy's really starting to annoy me. Our goal today on v-bar was to best Derek Graybill's best. :D It's not easy keeping up with that young super hero!

On grippers I closed my 185 pounder in a choker. Paul came within 1/16" of closing a MM1 level gripper with his shallow set he uses. Oh, and we measured his hands: 8 1/4". Big time unfair advantage there. :D

Then we played around with the Blob 50. I lifted it a few times, but couldn't quite lock it out with my forefinger placed across the top of it. I just wanted to see how that technique felt. Paul's getting desperate to lift this thing now. I'm sure it won't be long

After Paul left I did some Euro Pinch, but felt off. I did manage a 214 pull on both the 2.25" width, as well as the 2.5" setting. My thumb webbing split open again on my first lift. Card tearing is responsible for drawing blood in this area last week, and it hadn't fully healed.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow I haven't had the chance to try that but feeling it out on a Size 1 taught me just what a feat it is. FAN-EFFING-TASTIC BOTH OF YOU!!! Paul is quite the strongman!

Bench Press

228 x 11

- hammer curled a 45 lb. plate in each hand for 15 reps

- bent a Diamond Classic #2 horseshoe

Grippers

157 lb. x 3 parallel reps

161 lb. x 1 parallel set

185 lb. x 1 parallel choker

113 lb. x 1 left handed with a credit card set

- levered my 16 pounder righty and the 12 pounder lefty (wrists were hurting as they're prone to with the levering to the nose)

- 50 deep knee bends

- 45 lbs. x 15 on dynamic thumb machine

- worked up to 42.3 lbs. on the Iron Mind hub

Well Eric ..... you didn't beat me :D;)

Great job to both of you guys!! Sounds like some amazing feats!! :rock :rock

Darn you, Derek Graybill! What do mean I didn't beat you? I thought 235 was your best. What kind of crazy weights are you pulling? Now we have to do the whole thing over again... :angry:

Darn you, Derek Graybill! What do mean I didn't beat you? I thought 235 was your best. What kind of crazy weights are you pulling? Now we have to do the whole thing over again... :angry:

MUAHAHAHAHA!!! I've pulled 240 with Aaron as my witness!! :D:flame:trout

Edited by vikingsrule92

Paul, Casey, and Tommy came over tonight at 1100 and we went till 0300 AM. Here's what I can remember:

- closed a hardish #3

- lifted the Blob a few times

- bent a St. Croix #3 Plain Lite

- reverses a 5/16" x 6" grade 2 bolt

- did 5 x 10's and transferred them to the left hand and passed them around my back

- did 2 x 35s for several figure 8s and passed them around my back

- bent a 10" spike

- put a good kink in a hard Red reverse grip

- bent a Diamond Bronco #00

- stack of 250 lbs. plates for 7 reps on the rows

- worked up to the low 230s on 2" v-bar (still haven't beat the Arizona Kid aka Derek Graybill

- 2.5" dumbbell for several singles with #150

... and more, I'm sure

Congrats on all that Eric! Those 3 Lites are tough buggers! You kinked a RED reverse? Incredible man and those 5/16 G2's, at least the ones I have, are as hard as easy bastards.

Paul, Casey, and Tommy came over tonight at 1100 and we went till 0300 AM. Here's what I can remember:

- closed a hardish #3

- did 5 x 10's and transferred them to the left hand and passed them around my back

- bent a 10" spike

- worked up to the low 230s on 2" v-bar (still haven't beat the Arizona Kid aka Derek Graybill

... and more, I'm sure

Rock and Roll all night!

Tommy Heslep?

I believe Tommy here referce to Pauls Knight friend.

- closed a hardish #3

- bent a 10" spike

... and more, I'm sure

Eric, it sure must be nice to have all these strong grip guys close by to work out like that :rock

Na Na Na Na na!! you can't beat me!! :D

Edited by vikingsrule92

- closed a hardish #3

- bent a 10" spike

... and more, I'm sure

Eric, it sure must be nice to have all these strong grip guys close by to work out like that :rock

Yes, it sure is. I'm very fortunate. Four hours can fly by in what seems like forty minutes.

Na Na Na Na na!! you can't beat me!! :D

I will get you Derek, well, unless you get stronger... :dry