My Everything Log

EricMilfeld

awesome dl work. awesome.

Thank you!

Bending

- took two different brands of Edgins not very far

- bent a hard Hexabastard, just to do something worth while

Me too :erm

I meant to say "two different brands of 6" Edgins.

But what are you talking about Shoeman!

Nuffin :cry Those new hexes are TOUGH little buggers. Dave T tells me they aren't as bad as everyone says... but that's Dave though. I have yet to wobble my new hexes.

They're tough, alright! I have a 6" one that froze up on me. I was able to get a couple of 6" Edgins much further. These Huge Hexabastards calibrated at 715.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• nockowt1

• MalachiMcMullen

• vikingsrule92

They're tough, alright! I have a 6" one that froze up on me. I was able to get a couple of 6" Edgins much further. These Huge Hexabastards calibrated at 715.

HOLY HELL!!! So there are Huge Hexes out there harder than a lot of KOABs? That is just :whacked

It doesnt work exactly like that. you can only compare numbers directly from same length pieces. A better toughness approximation of what a 715@6" piece might be relative to a 7" piece would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 580#@7". At least thats what I think.

- Aaron

It doesnt work exactly like that. you can only compare numbers directly from same length pieces. A better toughness approximation of what a 715@6" piece might be relative to a 7" piece would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 580#@7". At least thats what I think.

- Aaron

Oh yes, I forgot we were talking about HUGE hexes not hexes :blush Still, a 715lb hex is insane.

2" Double Overhand Deadlift

335 x 3 (PR!)

This should put me at about 375 for a single on the Iron Mind axle.

Stack of Plates Rows

250 x 9

And then I finally bent a Diamond Bronco! The #0 Plain. I am one happy gripster.

2" Double Overhand Deadlift

335 x 3 (PR!)

This should put me at about 375 for a single on the Iron Mind axle.

Stack of Plates Rows

250 x 9

And then I finally bent a Diamond Bronco! The #0 Plain. I am one happy gripster.

And you should be!!! I hate bending broncos because they hurt me everytime. They are TOUGH shoes so VERY nice job on the shoe and 335x3 on the axle is unfathomable to me at the moment :whacked

I once deadlifted 315 double overhand on a regular barbell and I thought it was quite difficult. I couldn't imagine doing that on a 2" bar for reps. Very nice.

I once deadlifted 315 double overhand on a regular barbell and I thought it was quite difficult. I couldn't imagine doing that on a 2" bar for reps. Very nice.

Agreed :rock

The first time, I tried to deadlift. I managed to lift 405lbs double overhand, no chalk and no belt. That was all the plates I had at the time for my olympic bar.

Great work on the PL Eric!!!

The first time, I tried to deadlift. I managed to lift 405lbs double overhand, no chalk and no belt. That was all the plates I had at the time for my olympic bar.

Great work on the PL Eric!!!

John, these kinds of statements aren't doing much to help your reputation for being able to do anything while training nothing. :D

And thanks for the encouraging words, guys!

- took a 3/8 x 5.5" bolt to just past 90

- failed to get a 6" Edgin that froze up last week moving again

Grippers

- #157 x 2 (parallel reps)

- #161 x 1 (missed 2nd rep by 1/16")

Awesome work Eric!! What kind of bolt was that?

Thanks, Derek. It's a Zimmerman, which is pretty soft steel.

Grippers

Geeze Eric :blink You're getting pretty strong on the grippers. I better get going on them or I won't be able to keep you in sight :D

Edited by John Eaton

Grippers

Geeze Eric :blink You're getting pretty strong on the grippers. I better get going on them or I won't be able to keep you in sight :D

Thanks, John, but I wouldn't worry too much. Just grab your #3 every month or three and bang out a few reps. :laugh Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Shoes

- Diamond #1 Pony

- Diamond Classic #000

- Diamond Classic #2

All my bends felt really easy today. It's nice to see my horseshoe bending technique finally coming together.

Here's the teeny tiny pony: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7089

Those Pony shoes are fun! How tough was it do you think? The one I did at Stew's didn't seem very hard, just pretty akward at the start.

Those Pony shoes are fun! How tough was it do you think? The one I did at Stew's didn't seem very hard, just pretty akward at the start.

Yes, it was probably the "funnest" bend I've done. It was pretty easy throughout the range of motion, but during the last few degrees my hands starting fighting with my thighs for room to move. And I did have to modify my grip to get it started with it being so narrow. I once thought that a #1 was too small for my hands, but it's really just a matter of proper positioning.

That shoe looks really neat!

I have a horseshoe that says Diamond on one side and what looks like an 8 and classic on the other side. What kind of horseshoe is it?

I have a horseshoe that says Diamond on one side and what looks like an 8 and classic on the other side. What kind of horseshoe is it?

Are there no other markings?

There's another marking that looks like "DC" but it's kinda hard to read.

Is it DCOO? I have some of these, they are "double zero" size, but look like an 8 sideways.

Is it DCOO? I have some of these, they are "double zero" size, but look like an 8 sideways.

Thank Matt

2.25" Wooden Pinch Block

190 x 3

201 x 2

Grippers

166 lb. x 2 choked parallel w/ a reset between reps

113 x 1 x 2 no-set

Bench Press

245 x 7

Blob 50

Right: x 1 x 3

Left: x 0 x 3