My Everything Log

EricMilfeld

You seem to be doing well :cool Awesome pinch!!! :rock

I think you are past the Polos I'm gonna bring... Maybe you can critique my form when I'm down there.

I've got numerous various shoes so I'm sure I have a challenge for you ;)

Keep up the hard work

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• nockowt1

• MalachiMcMullen

• vikingsrule92

You seem to be doing well :cool Awesome pinch!!! :rock

I think you are past the Polos I'm gonna bring... Maybe you can critique my form when I'm down there.

I've got numerous various shoes so I'm sure I have a challenge for you ;)

Keep up the hard work

But I do look forward to hearting a polo. And thanks, Jason!

Thanks, John!

I couldn't resist some late night horseshoes:

- Diamond 1 HIND

- some isos with a hind stuck at like 179 degrees :laugh

- DC1 with 1/2" cut off each leg (PR!)

I had never tried cutting down the legs prior to tonight. It seems to be a good training tool. The cut down shoe felt easy. I think I'm ready for the Bronco and beyond.

SWEET!!! I thought of cutting off some of my shoes, didn't know how much good it would do. I think I'll have to try it now :rock :rock :rock :rock

Definately post a DL video from time to time!

SECONDED!!!

hey Eric,

Gonna try your setup before a 2h pinch attempt next time i do them.

i noticed that with my 2" wood pinch block, 1h, that it is slightly canted forward when i prep the hand on it. never really thought about adjusting my set up with the 2h style. the hands together also will be tried.

appreciate the ideas, take care and good lifting

Sure. Next time I do something of interest I'll do so. Right now my deads are sort of on a down curve. Have you seen the one in my gallery?

hey Eric,

Gonna try your setup before a 2h pinch attempt next time i do them.

i noticed that with my 2" wood pinch block, 1h, that it is slightly canted forward when i prep the hand on it. never really thought about adjusting my set up with the 2h style. the hands together also will be tried.

appreciate the ideas, take care and good lifting

Good deal. I'd love some feedback from anyone willing to try out those tips. I really don't know how much of it is just personal preference and how much is something that could be universally useful.

Sure. Next time I do something of interest I'll do so. Right now my deads are sort of on a down curve. Have you seen the one in my gallery?

I don't know about Morgan but I can't view quicktime videos no matter how many times I try :(

- 65 deep knee bends at work (I stay in the range from well below parallel to half squat depth.)

Euro Pinch

203.9 x 2

203.9 x 3 (PR!)

217.3 x 2 (PR!)

231.9 x 1 (PR!) I'm not certain I reached the required height on this one, so I'll start using my height marker for PR singles.

231.9 x 1" off floor

183 x 8 (PR!)

- Bench Press 265 x 3 (semi close grip)

Grippers

166 x 1 with overcrush (parallel choked)

113 x 1 (table top no set)

143 x 1/16" short (credit card set) This is the #3 I became a Captain of Crush with, so I'll be stoked when I can credit card set it.

- 2" hammer curls 70 x 5 (each hand)

Thank you, David!

By the way, everybody, Acorn is the first to report back to me after trying the "hands together" tip. He said it felt more solid and was able to lift a few pounds more. As if Aaron needs "a few pounds more". :laugh

Very nice pinch session.

143 x 1/16" short (credit card set) This is the #3 I became a Captain of Crush with, so I'll be stoked when I can credit card set it.

Has the thought crossed your mind to re certify?

Thank you, David!

By the way, everybody, Acorn is the first to report back to me after trying the "hands together" tip. He said it felt more solid and was able to lift a few pounds more. As if Aaron needs "a few pounds more". :laugh

:D

Very nice pinch session.

Has the thought crossed your mind to re certify?

Thank you, Kevin!

Yes, it has crossed my mind, but then it kept on going and vanished on the horizon. :tongue I would like to recertify, but having to do so on a brand new gripper seems like a roll of the dice for me, since I wouldn't have much excess strength with a credit card set.

Tonight:

- Blob 50 single right hand, negative left

- #1 Diamond PL Bronco to 160 degrees

This was my first attempt with a Bronco, which is a full 5/16" thick. It felt really good and solid, and within my limits, until it came to roadblock at that 160 degrees. The final crush seems to inevitably be my sticking point with the shoes, which sucks, because I know I could have done a tougher shoe well past 120 degrees. I still have a lot of satisfaction for taking it that far, though.

And a big HUGE "thank you" to Foxman for sending two of these beasts my way!

Is that like one of these?

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6890

Those PL shoes are STOUT but these 00's are murder on the hands. Painful to start. Stew got one to about the same spot as you did if you remember.

Those PL shoes are STOUT but these 00's are murder on the hands. Painful to start. Stew got one to about the same spot as you did if you remember.

Zach, I just posted some more questions about the subject in my shoe bending thread. Is that shoe in the picture 5/16" thick, and not 9/32"?

Zach, I just posted some more questions about the subject in my shoe bending thread. Is that shoe in the picture 5/16" thick, and not 9/32"?

Yep, it fits perfectly between the 0 and 5/16 mark. I doubt it's 9/32 because .03125 is an easily noticable difference to me.

One Hand Euro Pinch

- four failed attempts with 92.1 pounds (got a little air)

- 71.9 x 28 (alternating hands)

I'm intentionally "overtraining" in hopes of a pay off a few weeks down the road when I cut back on volume and frequency.

Great pinch Eric. :rock

Interesting thing to use the pinch setup for one hand training also.

I'll try that.

I'll try that.

Thank you, Franky!

I really like using the Euro for one hand training as opposed to plates that slip around or wooden blocks that have a different feel. When I get 100 pounds I'll feel like I've really accomplished something.

I'll try that.

Thank you, Franky!

I really like using the Euro for one hand training as opposed to plates that slip around or wooden blocks that have a different feel. When I get 100 pounds I'll feel like I've really accomplished something.

How much have you been able to do one handed with plates?

No bending?

I'll try that.

Thank you, Franky!

How much have you been able to do one handed with plates?

I haven't yet done my 45s, but they weigh about 91 pounds and feel a tiny bit slicker than the Euro.

No bending?

Yes, backtrack a bit in this log and you'll see a little. I've drastically reduced my volume and frequency, though. I still thoroughly enjoy every session, nonetheless!

Tonight's:

FBBC 2" V-bar

- 217.1 x 6 (alternating hands)

- 227.3 x 1 x 2 (each hand)

- 207 x 20 (alternating hands)

- Blob 50: single right hand, negative left, then failed right

Hammers

- 12 x 5 (left)

- 16 x 1 x 2 (right)

- Rows w/ a 250 lb. stack of plates x 7

I also mixed in some isometrics with some shoes stuck near the finish line.

Eric, this is the first time I've checked you log and I'll try to give you some tips with 2" Vbar ... if you'll listen to a 15 year old :D

try lower reps, that 20 rep back to back stuff has never worked for me and I REALLY despise it. I usually just do some warmups then singles up to near max.

Great numbers lately man!! Keep it up!!!

Good luck with pinching the 45s. I see you're able to do the blob. I have a feeling that I'll be able to pinch 2-45s before I can even think about lifting the blob (I couldn't get air on a 37.5lb blob).