Brzenk Vs. Samuellson

Aftershock

Johan Lindholm of Sweden beat Magnus Samuelsson at AW like Magnus was... Easy. Here is a link at Johans profile at...

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...view&id=210

So they did actually pull!? I guess Magnus thought he could beat Johan then...

Thats a shame,now Magnus won't start armwrestling again ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Personally, I think John would have a better chance of beating Magnus at WSM as Magnus would at beating John at arm wrestling.
I think your way off on this one G-man :D because Magnus is atleast twice as strong on everything except a table. Even Voevoda as strong as he is wouldnt stand a chance against Magnus in strongman Edited by Robert Bishop

Personally, I think John would have a better chance of beating Magnus at WSM as Magnus would at beating John at arm wrestling.
I think your way off on this one G-man :D because Magnus is atleast twice as strong on everything except a table. Even Voevoda as strong as he is wouldnt stand a chance against Magnus in strongman

No disrespect is meant to Magnus as he is a truly legendary strength athlete. What I was saying is that John is literally light years ahead of him as far as arm wrestling ability. In fact, I would ALSO bet Magnus is literally light years ahead of John as far as WSM competition training/ability.

The ONLY conceivable way I could see Magnus beating John in AW is if John got injured during the match and had to call it quits. When was the last time that ever happened? At Mohegan Sun in 2006, John steamrolled right over me, Todd Hutchins, Marcio Barboza, Eric Guevin, Shawn Freeman and others without even warming up.

Likewise, the ONLY conceivable way I could see John beating Magnus at WSM is if Magnus got injured during the event and had to drop out.

Based on the past record, which do you think is more likely?

Edited by G-Man

• 1 month later...

I would have to say that John has a better chance of beating magnus at WSM. ONLY, if magnus got injured on the first event. It seems unlikely that John would get injured during a match between the two.

• 2 months later...

I remember watching that for the first time they played it and that was the last time Armwrestling was in the strongman. O Magnus had quit a growth spurt after that 265 now about 320 330.

I really couldn't say who'd win :erm , but I look at it this way: Magnus is better at armwrestling than Brzenk is at being a strongman ;) I really can't think of any athlete as well-rounded as Magnus. Anybody on here know of any no.4 closers that can easily bench 595 for a double and curl 308 x 4 reps? Anybody that can bench 595 that can close the no.4 and curl 308 x 4? Anybody that can curl 308 x 4 that can close the #4 and bench 595 x 2? Magnus has pretty much every aspect of arm strength covered. Being an arm wrestler and grip athlete is more or less a side thing for Magnus any more, I think. But, considering his mastery of both, and the fact that they're not his main interests, he's pretty incredible.

I really couldn't say who'd win :erm , but I look at it this way: Magnus is better at armwrestling than Brzenk is at being a strongman ;) I really can't think of any athlete as well-rounded as Magnus. Anybody on here know of any no.4 closers that can easily bench 595 for a double and curl 308 x 4 reps? Anybody that can bench 595 that can close the no.4 and curl 308 x 4? Anybody that can curl 308 x 4 that can close the #4 and bench 595 x 2? Magnus has pretty much every aspect of arm strength covered. Being an arm wrestler and grip athlete is more or less a side thing for Magnus any more, I think. But, considering his mastery of both, and the fact that they're not his main interests, he's pretty incredible.

Of coarse, just to clarify, all of this is just MHO ;)

of course everybody knows size doesn't matter in armwrestling at all but magnus has came a long way since armwrestling and now he is much stonger i say if he had a few months of training for armwrestling i think he could definately give brzenk a good match and possibly take him over not only because he has much more strength but because he also has the main strengths for armwrestling his wrists are absolutely amazing his grip of course is close to the top in the world and his arms are his arms that's all there is to say so again not because of his size i mean dennis rogers was 148 and he beat people over 350 pounds

Of course everybody knows size doesn't matter in armwrestling at all but Magnus has came a long way since armwrestling and now he is much stronger i say if he had a few months of training for armwrestling i think he could definately give Brzenk a good match and possibly take him over not only because he has much more strength but because he also has the main strengths for armwrestling his wrists are absolutely amazing his grip of course is close to the top in the world and his arms are his arms that's all there is to say so again not because of his size I mean Dennis Rogers was 148 and he beat people over 350 pounds

Yeah, considering that Magnus is much bigger/stronger now than when he beat Nathan Jones, he could probably give Brzenk

a good run for his money if he took up AWing .

I have heard that Magnus thinking of starting armwrestling again in a couple of years when he retiers from WSM.

Where did you hear that? I really hope it's true just wondering. I am a big fan of Magnus, he already knows the arm wrestling technique. He would be the strongest arm wrestler in the world but quite a bit as far as strength goes I think, plus the technique and if he starts getting in some table time I think he would soon be unstoppable. He can close a C.O.C. #4 and is said to have the world's strongest arms, and weighs a lot, I could imagine him beating some of the world's best within a year after he returns.

I'm surprised so many count Magnus out so quickly. I know the history of both of these men pretty well.

I agree it is definitely easy to lean towards John because of what he's accomplished in arm wrestling for so long. BUT, Magus started arm wrestling at a very young age too. He's not be any means new to arm wrestling. His technique is nothing short of excellent.

Since that video of Magnus vs Jones, Magnus has gain 70+ pounds of mass, and he wasn't small even then.

I say Magnus should get back into arm wrestling and make this happen. Who wouldn't want to see that?!?

Everytime I see this topic being replied to, I remember what Bob Brown said: Magnus lost to Bill Brzenk, who always (or almost always?) lost to his brother John in competition. And Bill beat him "easily", Bob said. Now, how many pounds did Magnus had on Bill Brzenk???

He can close a C.O.C. #4 and is said to have the world's strongest arms, and weighs a lot, I could imagine him beating some of the world's best within a year after he returns.

As strong as Magnus is, I do not think he is anywhere near to having the strongest arms on the planet; it would appear Denis or Alexey are much closer to that distinction.

I have seen threads on other boards suggesting that because Magnus broke Nathan Jones' arm, he must be inhumanly strong. What a lot of these novices and neophytes don't quite grasp is that injuring someone has virtually nothing to do with your power. It merely means that the injured person's bones were not able to handle the stress load generated by their own muscles.

With all due respect to Magnus, he wouldn't have a chance against John - not even a John at 187-pounds. What if Magnus trained a year in arm wrestling? Still, I would say little or no chance.

Now if what if Magnus took several years to build up his strength and power and really applied himself? I would say maybe, but then again, you can say that about almost ANY really large person with great self-discipline and huge drive to be the best. I remember when Travis was a 187-pound puller; I remember when Tim Bresnan was still an up and coming super heavyweight - and both of them have multiple victories over John; albeit, not the virtually inhuman, 234-pound version of John.

Of course everybody knows size doesn't matter in armwrestling at all but Magnus has came a long way since armwrestling and now he is much stronger i say if he had a few months of training for armwrestling i think he could definately give Brzenk a good match and possibly take him over not only because he has much more strength but because he also has the main strengths for armwrestling his wrists are absolutely amazing his grip of course is close to the top in the world and his arms are his arms that's all there is to say so again not because of his size I mean Dennis Rogers was 148 and he beat people over 350 pounds

Yeah, considering that Magnus is much bigger/stronger now than when he beat Nathan Jones, he could probably give Brzenk

a good run for his money if he took up AWing .

noooooooope

Everytime I see this topic being replied to, I remember what Bob Brown said: Magnus lost to Bill Brzenk, who always (or almost always?) lost to his brother John in competition. And Bill beat him "easily", Bob said. Now, how many pounds did Magnus had on Bill Brzenk???

Actually it was John who said that right in this thread. Just go back i find it out for yourself. The armwrestling mountain for Magnus so very high to climb back. He was never top 10 in the world when he "retired" from AW. Yes he knows technics but that doesn't mean nada. As much as I admire Magnus for his ESPN championships. AW takes years to master at the top level. We are so anamoured with Magnus' size and status it's easy to overlook that fact. He will name and recognition to AW for sure

albeit, not the virtually inhuman, 234-pound version of John.

You know what scares me about that version of him? That Bob said even though John's arm was probably at it's strongest at that weight in 2006, his hand was at it's strongest in the 90's, because he injured a finger someday and his hand has never been the same, or something like this. It would be scary to think he could have been even more dominating that what's shown in that Boomtown video.

I dont know if I remember this correctly but it was said Magnus pulled Johan Lindholm(best armwrestler in Swe) after a tournament and he was easily beaten. Sorry if Im wrong...

I dont know if I remember this correctly but it was said Magnus pulled Johan Lindholm(best armwrestler in Swe) after a tournament and he was easily beaten. Sorry if Im wrong...

He can close a C.O.C. #4 and is said to have the world's strongest arms, and weighs a lot, I could imagine him beating some of the world's best within a year after he returns.

As strong as Magnus is, I do not think he is anywhere near to having the strongest arms on the planet; it would appear Denis or Alexey are much closer to that distinction.

The IronMind magazine says tat he is thought to have the strongest arms in the world. If he is thought to have the strongest arms, he must be in the top 10 at least. What makes it appear that Alexey and Denis are closer? Magnus's arms are way bigger than Voevoda's and he can close C.O.C. #4. They can beat him at arm wrestling probably, but that's due t technique, he is stronger than they are (Voevoda for sure).

I have seen threads on other boards suggesting that because Magnus broke Nathan Jones' arm, he must be inhumanly strong. What a lot of these novices and neophytes don't quite grasp is that injuring someone has virtually nothing to do with your power. It merely means that the injured person's bones were not able to handle the stress load generated by their own muscles.

I agree, however, that doesn't mean that Magnus has weak arms, either. His arms are incredible powerful.

With all due respect to Magnus, he wouldn't have a chance against John - not even a John at 187-pounds. What if Magnus trained a year in arm wrestling? Still, I would say little or no chance.

Maybe, it's hard to say. How much does Bill Brzenk weigh? He apparently killed Magnus, but it's hard to say how good Magnus would be if started arm wrestling again after 1 year. And I never said he'd beat John after 1 year, I said I could see him beating some of the world's best. ANd I could see that but you can't know for sure.

Edited by Josh H