Brzenk Vs. Samuellson

Aftershock

6'6 and 350+- maybe even 350+ now!!!!

How big is Brzenk?

He is now 115kg which is 253lb and 180cm

Well if Magnus and John are ever entered in the same tournament, I hope they will be in different weight classes because Magnus would win. There's no way Brzenk could overcome 6'6" 350+ and Magnus knows how to AW on top of all that AND he is a top ranked Strongman to boot! Game over for Brzenk. :flame

oh wtf is up with people thinking samuelsson would stand a chance.

Ive seen "smaller" experienced guys beat strongmen very easy.

Benny wennberg trained aw for awhile in my club, second on one of the european gripchamps(just a few points behind David horne), ive seen him close a #4, rep bicepcurls with 130kg+ etc. his best is like 6th in World teamstrongman, hes beaten magnus in some things at the swedish strongestman competitions.

He got easily beaten by the swedish juniorheavyweight champ in a real match, not to talk about when he faced the senior heavyweight pro´s.

Yea right magnus is alittle stronger than Benny but brzenk is lightyears ahead of the guys im talking about that beat Benny.

The oh so great armstrenght that magnus uses in strongman competitions wont get him anywhere in AW.

So again what makes you think that he would be stronger in armwrestling than the guy whos ruled the sport for the last 20 years no matter weightclass. Because he has a european gold medal from long ago?

Edited by Svedberg

oh wtf is up with people thinking samuelsson would stand a chance.

Ive seen "smaller" experienced guys beat strongmen very easy.

Benny wennberg trained aw for awhile in my club, second on one of the european gripchamps(just a few points behind David horne), ive seen him close a #4, rep bicepcurls with 130kg+ etc. his best is like 6th in World teamstrongman, hes beaten magnus in some things at the swedish strongestman competitions.

He got easily beaten by the swedish juniorheavyweight champ in a real match, not to talk about when he faced the senior heavyweight pro´s.

Yea right magnus is alittle stronger than Benny but brzenk is lightyears ahead of the guys im talking about that beat Benny.

The oh so great armstrenght that magnus uses in strongman competitions wont get him anywhere in AW.

So again what makes you think that he would be stronger in armwrestling than the guy whos ruled the sport for the last 20 years no matter weightclass. Because he has a european gold medal from long ago?

Thanks for that example.....

Some people just don't understand the type of strength needed for armwrestling.....

You seen magnus static hold what was it? 45 kilos for not so long? In a thread with a video of him curling in it.

Armwrestlers hold weight a lot heavier than that.....

Damn Stalwart, I didn't expect YOU to fall into that category. This is a no brainer. It is just plain DUMB to think Magnus would win, that's the truth.

THERE ISN'T ANY PROOF??

I'm sorry, but that is just laughable. I guess being the most dominant armwrestler in the WORLD since around 1986 up to THIS DATE, 20 years later, is not proof enough. :(

THERE ISN'T ANY PROOF??

I'm sorry, but that is just laughable. I guess being the most dominant armwrestler in the WORLD since around 1986 up to THIS DATE, 20 years later, is not proof enough.

:mosher especially given his recent performances at his higher weight. It's not like Magnuss could have won Mohegans if John wasn't there.

Edited by jad

Look!!!!!

Magnus has two of the strongest arms in the world: both measuring at 25 inches each, wrists of steel, and a cast-iron grip!

Magnus has bone density far greater then that of the average man - hence - making his arm more resistant to injury.

If Brzenk and Magnus ever hooked up in a vandetta, Magnus would crush his arm. The bones in Brzenk's arms wouldn't be strong enough to withstand the tremendous pressure that Magnus would exert - simple laws of physics.

If you don't believe me, look at what happened to the Megaman Nasthan Jones!

BRZENKS ARM = :flame

Edited by Timmy

Can magnus beat a real champion martial arts in a real fight? I highly doubt it. Magnus is stronger and can lift houdreds of more pounds than the martial arts can but the strength for fighting is not gained by weight lifting. Same goes to AW. the strength of AW is not mostly gained in lifting heavy things. When you arm wrestle a lot, then the muscle you need to arm wrestle will be developed. And I am sure if (in other words "when") Brzenk beat Magnus in AW people will just say it was his technique not his strength.

Right from John...

Strong biceps or strong wrists..what's better?

Developing strong hands and wrist are the first steps and most important thing in becoming a good armwrestler without them you cant begin to use your upper arm strength to move towards the pad. I also believe the forearm muscles play a much more important roll in keeping your arm locked than the biceps do...in my opinion triceps are more important along with shoulders and back. Biceps although they look intimidating are way down on my list for main muscles used in armwrestling.

Who do you think, of the two, has stronger wrists, forearms, back, shoulders and triceps? :whistel

John would control the match right from the start!!! He would toy with Mag. It wouldnt even be fun to watch!!! NO ONES BICEP CAN HOLD UP JOHN!!! dont believe me go and check out armpower.net and see for your self, he man handled one of the STRONGEST in the world, that out weighed him.

Armwrestling is alot more than bicep!

Edited by dadams

Right from John...

Developing strong hands and wrist are the first steps and most important thing in becoming a good armwrestler without them you cant begin to use your upper arm strength to move towards the pad. I also believe the forearm muscles play a much more important roll in keeping your arm locked than the biceps do...in my opinion triceps are more important along with shoulders and back. Biceps although they look intimidating are way down on my list for main muscles used in armwrestling.

Who do you think, of the two, has stronger wrists, forearms, back, shoulders and triceps? :whistel

I wonder why Magnus never competes in tournaments where he could win 5,000 dollars easy......

Right from John...

By your question, then it would be fair to assume that QUITE A FEW people would beat him in armwrestling. He wont be the strongest in those lifts ever, of course not.

But what do you hear people say? "Brzenk has the strongest back ever!" ? Nope. "Brzenk has the strongest triceps ever?", nope. However, you hear the old-time AW'ers say this stuff:

"I've never seen John Brzenk pulling with his wrist bent backwards, in 20 years".

"John Brzenk is better at AW than Michael Jordan ever DREAMED of being in basketball" (from national champ Simon Berriochoa, I think).

And, of course, what EVERY SINGLE armwrestler ALIVE today could tell you:

"John Brzenk is, hands down, the best armwrestler in the history of the sport".

Where, along those lines, do you see ANYONE talking about how strong is his forearm? Or what gripper he can close? Or how strong is his back? Or his shoulder? Or his tricep? Or how much can he bench/squat/deadlift ? ... I must be blind, coz I'm missing it.

I still find it hard to believe that some people actually think Magnus would win... not to sound cocky, because I'm no expert, but you guys definitely should talk to some real armwrestlers and discuss the matter, really. (some world class AW'ers talk in some forums across the internet, try finding some....)

Right from John...

By your question, then it would be fair to assume that QUITE A FEW people would beat him in armwrestling. He wont be the strongest in those lifts ever, of course not.

But what do you hear people say? "Brzenk has the strongest back ever!" ? Nope. "Brzenk has the strongest triceps ever?", nope. However, you hear the old-time AW'ers say this stuff:

"I've never seen John Brzenk pulling with his wrist bent backwards, in 20 years".

"John Brzenk is better at AW than Michael Jordan ever DREAMED of being in basketball" (from national champ Simon Berriochoa, I think).

Where, along those lines, do you see ANYONE talking about how strong is his forearm? Or what gripper he can close? Or how strong is his back? Or his shoulder? Or his tricep? Or how much can he bench/squat/deadlift ? ... I must be blind, coz I'm missing it.

I still find it hard to believe that some people actually think Magnus would win... not to sound cocky, because I'm no expert, but you guys definitely should talk to some real armwrestlers and discuss the matter, really. (some world class AW'ers talk in some forums across the internet, try finding some....)

Read the statement again and this time, try to understand what John Brzenk himself said...

Never does he say that biceps are most important. You also assume that John Brzenk is unbeatable. He also will admit that he has been beaten many times. What makes you think that Magnus couldn't beat him?

Right from John...

Read the statement again and this time, try to understand what John Brzenk himself said...

Never does he say that biceps are most important. You also assume that John Brzenk is unbeatable. He also will admit that he has been beaten many times. What makes you think that Magnus couldn't beat him?

Again, armwrestling strenght is uncomparable of the type of strenght strongmen build. in strongman magnus i stronger in all those muscles, in aw its brzenk.

Same shit as i can beat people who outlift me in any excersise in the gym and im not even decent.

And timmy?? bonedensity hahaha..ha

Right from John...

The fact that he doesn't enter tournaments and get easy money. The fact that theres a Swedish armwrestling team and he never goes to train with them (or maybe he did and one of the middleweights beat him). The fact that if he could beat Brzenk as many of you think would make him almost #1 in the world of armwrestling witch pays out decently. I can think of numerous reasons he isn't that great at armwrestling.....that and the fact he has torn his biceps many times over.

The fact that he doesn't enter tournaments and get easy money. The fact that theres a Swedish armwrestling team and he never goes to train with them (or maybe he did and one of the middleweights beat him). The fact that if he could beat Brzenk as many of you think would make him almost #1 in the world of armwrestling witch pays out decently. I can think of numerous reasons he isn't that great at armwrestling.....that and the fact he has torn his biceps many times over.

Also to quote myself.....I know he has a European champ in armwrestling. But World events and nationals don't really bring out the best pullers because most of them Go for bigger pay out tournaments. So I know he has some ability to pull....my comment on him losing to a middle weight was a joke....Just to clear things up because I forgot the LOL....

my comment on him losing to a middle weight was a joke....Just to clear things up because I forgot the LOL....

I *KNOW* he would lose to *A FEW* world class 198lbs. He would lose to *MOST* world class 242's, and let alone to pretty much any known world class 243+.

Timmy's comments are by the far the funniest since Sry Chimnoy's feats of strength claims.

And the others, at least they don't try to sound so convincent as him, so they don't sound so laughable, at least they try to make a point, but sorry, even if Brzenk is outlifted in EVERY gym lift you can think of, he can beat Magnus and everyone else in AW. That is a FACT. You or I cannot change that. Sorry.

''Sri Chimnoy would crush Brzenk and Magnus. Stop all this pretending.''

treu, damn it must be because all the functional AW strength he developed with 250 pound wrist curls and 10000 pound dumbell lockouts!!!

Edited by thabull

THERE ISN'T ANY PROOF??

I'm sorry, but that is just laughable. I guess being the most dominant armwrestler in the WORLD since around 1986 up to THIS DATE, 20 years later, is not proof enough.

dude we still arent 100% sure who is going to win till they meet!!!

thats a fact!!

it would be a logical choice to choose brzenk but hell what if magnus wins? what u say then??

''Sri Chimnoy would crush Brzenk and Magnus. Stop all this pretending.''

treu, damn it must be because all the functional AW strength he developed with 250 pound wrist curls and 10000 pound dumbell lockouts!!!

No didn't he do like 273 for 10 reps in the curl? He would lock arms with John, wiggle twice, and jump up saying "did you see? did you see?" "I did it for God!"

Sorry this thread needs some lightening up. :trout

LOL, I just tried to picture Sri locking hands with Brzenk, looking all concentrated, putting on his awful facial expression as he does with every lift, looking like he's about to die, letting out some horrible screams, then actually moving Brzenk's hand 0.0004mm and only because he started to apply preassure faster, and then claim he actually beat him, and that those fractions of a milimeter were the full ROM of the armwrestling match, yeah, like his "wrist curls", where you don't even notice if the dumbell is actually being moved or if he's just pulling with his shoulder and making it look like it's moving, 0.001mm... heh, this thread is funny enough as to bring Chimnoy in it! =P

I've actually asked a couple of world class AW'ers about this subject, and the first thing a very experienced one said, was: "this is the grip guys talking, right? Not words from Magnus himself?"... because he knew it was so darn obvious Magnus would not make such an insane claim. LOL, when I gather more answers I will think about posting them in here.

I think the majority would agree that Brzenk is the world's greatest armwrestler, especially given his current performances. However, Magnus isn't even close to being the #2 guy...this thread would make a little more sense if it was like "Brzenk vs. Bagent" or "Brzenk vs. Vovoeda". I'd still put money on MonkeyPaws over Magnus.