Brzenk Vs. Samuellson

Aftershock

I have no real experience but Magnus is really strong at strongman. Brzenk is really strong at AW. So Brzenk<Magnus in AW. I am fan of

Magnus but there is only one truth.

Magnus used to be an armwrestler and has since, gotten back into it.

I have no real experience but Magnus is really strong at strongman. Brzenk is really strong at AW. So Brzenk<Magnus in AW. I am fan of

You just said Brzenk is "inferior" to Magnus in AW, was that what you mean??

Did I wrote inferior? I just said Brzenk can beat Magnus in AW. Just because magnus lift heavy weights and close #4 doesn't mean he can beat brzenk at AW.

Did I wrote inferior? I just said Brzenk can beat Magnus in AW. Just because magnus lift heavy weights and close #4 doesn't mean he can beat brzenk at AW.

Could you beat a silverback gorilla at AW, just because you have better technique? :tongue

If u watch the video where magnus breaks the guys arm, the other guy is bigger then him... he didnt seem to win.

I assumed you knew the correct usage of the > and < symbols.... :)

ooops. My mistake. I think I was in a rush to type. ok look at this, Brzenk>Magnus. :D

Could you beat a silverback gorilla at AW, just because you have better technique? :tongue

People assume that a silverback gorilla is strong but we aren't really that sure. Yes he is strong and very strong but can a silverback gorilla be stronger than the strongest man alive? Who knows?

anyways I can beat people that lift weight much more than me but I can beat them at AW. There is more in AW than lifting heavy weights. Just look at the truth, Brzenk is AW champion. Magnus isn't close. It is like saying magnus lift more weight than the fastest man alive thus he can run faster, OR, magnus lift more weights than the world recond most push ups done so magnus can break that record.

Edited by Alawadhi

John Brzenk has the right kind of strength for armwrestling....You need a lot of strength to use the techniques people think make the smaller man better. Truth is, is that strength is first technique is second.

The type of strength required for armwrestling is in almost no way similar to that of a strongman competitor.

It is true that Magnus can create more leverage most likely because he is bigger. But it will take strength to get him into his best position for victory....John Brzenk excels I believe because of his ability to put his opponent in his weakest posistion.

Rather or not magnus can give him trouble remains to be seen.....But him beating John seems as likely as John beating him at strongman. Each sport has it's respective skill sets that one needs to be the best.

Thats the end of my rant....

I am a fan of both these guys in their respective sports, and this is a match I would love to see, But as to who would win :inno

My opinion is that in pure strength terms Magnus would have a shot, his previous skills would help him for a while but when it comes to overall skills and if it went beyond about 20-30 secs where endurance kicks in then Brzenk would take him down fairly easily.

Maybe we could get these guys into a charity match sometime. :)

Brzenk has not only more aw skills techniqual wise, but also more static strength in his forearm, I think.

People assume that a silverback gorilla is strong but we aren't really that sure. Yes he is strong and very strong but can a silverback gorilla be stronger than the strongest man alive? Who knows?

if we may believe all those zoo's etc.... then the gorilla outlifts the strongest man by trillions of times!! (maybe some 400k log lift :) )

im sure a normal gorilla is A LOT stronger than the strongest man alive...but how can u get a max effort out of an ape? im sure a gorilla will kick magnus and brzenks ass in AW with just his pinkyfinger :tongue

(never seen the pawsize of an ape?)

i think brzenk would win over magnus simply cause hes a top AW and magnus not (really).

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt Big Rick beat Brzenk a few times? I believe back when Rick was winning his world titles.

Brzenk has not only more aw skills techniqual wise, but also more static strength in his forearm, I think.

Sorry, but that #4 close equate to static strength in Samuelssons favour! :cool

I'm pretty sure that closing a #4 doesn't mean that much in AW. Otherwise Rob Vigeant Jr. would be the undefeated world champion right now, yet he took 2nd in the 198lb class at Mohegan last month and in the upper classes I'm sure there are many who could beat him, yet he probably beats them all in grippers.

From what I was reading on the northeast board; it souned like nobody at Mohegan even moved Brzenk to their side of the table, which is just completely ridiculouos considering the level of competition. I'd say Flo is right on, in reference to the static strength.

from what i can see if Rob Vigeant Jr keeps training he will be one of the best he is above average now for the little time he has been at it when i armwrestled brzenk in the 80s he was about 17 and was allready good he beat me in about 3 seconds so he has been armwrestling a long time very devoted to the sport and thats what it takes to be a champion

Sorry, but that #4 close equate to static strength in Samuelssons favour! :cool

Sorry, but what are you smoking, and why are you smoking it all the time :help

• Like 1

If u watch the video where magnus breaks the guys arm, the other guy is bigger then him... he didnt seem to win.

Didn't he break his own arm by getting into a bad position? I have not seen the video though.

One thing I noticed watching Rob V. was that he could clamp down on his opponent even when he was going toward the other side and bring them back for the pin. It looked like a slip was about to happen but he prevented it using his superior hand strength.

If I would have been wrestling his opponent, I would have slipped and went to the strap where I'm batting 100%, Now if i was wrestling Rob, I don't think I could get away from that hand.

Brzenk can make a joke out of anyone right handed and most left.

BRZENK hands down!! is Magnus stronger in powerlifting moves?? absolutely. Does he have a stronger arm as far as armwrestling is concerned.....I highly doubt it.I would actually bet Brzenk would pull him in a HOOK and win convincingly.

I think people underestimate just how strong top pullers are. You could teach 99.999999999999999% of the population flawless technique and table skills and the sad but true fact is they are not even close sterngth wise. I think it is easier for people to say "he knows a trick"or"armwrestling is ALL technique",this cracks me up.When there is a "trick" or "technique" it damages the EGO a whole lot less than "he is just plain old stronger than me".Watch the top pullers pull everyone else with the exception of a few of thier equals,they simply grip ond pin,no real fancy technique,just containment through the hand and wrist and a superior arm to finish the job.

I stand firm that armwrestling is a STRENGTH sport,yes there is technique.......but there is technique in strongman,powerlifting,wrestling........and just about every other sport on the planet.........hell there is even technique in sprinting. I like this,next time someone beats me in a race,powerlifting,fight etc... I just have to say "They have more technique,instead of they were faster,stronger,tougher......

If you were to have 2 pupils,1 a human sponge who can easily pick up on moves and is very comprehensive of technique yet not very gifted in the strength department.....the brain of Brzenk in days,and 2 a genetic freak a guy who has unheard of strength but isn't that mechanically sound......I bet if they meet on day 1 the freak wins,after 6 mnths...the freak wins.....2 yrs.....you got it,freako again ....and so on......you can only compensate a strength difference so far.

I have seen armwrestlers who have never been trained or even competed come out of nowhere and blast seasoned vets that were very mechanically sound......why??

People have no idea just how big the margin really is.

Edited by monkeypaws

I think people underestimate just how strong top pullers are. You could teach 99.999999999999999% of the population flawless technique and table skills and the sad but true fact is they are not even close sterngth wise. I think it is easier for people to say "he knows a trick"or"armwrestling is ALL technique",this cracks me up.When there is a "trick" or "technique" it damages the EGO a whole lot less than "he is just plain old stronger than me".Watch the top pullers pull everyone else with the exception of a few of thier equals,they simply grip ond pin,no real fancy technique,just containment through the hand and wrist and a superior arm to finish the job.

I stand firm that armwrestling is a STRENGTH sport,yes there is technique.......but there is technique in strongman,powerlifting,wrestling........and just about every other sport on the planet.........hell there is even technique in sprinting. I like this,next time someone beats me in a race,powerlifting,fight etc... I just have to say "They have more technique,instead of they were faster,stronger,tougher......

If you were to have 2 pupils,1 a human sponge who can easily pick up on moves and is very comprehensive of technique yet not very gifted in the strength department.....the brain of Brzenk in days,and 2 a genetic freak a guy who has unheard of strength but isn't that mechanically sound......I bet if they meet on day 1 the freak wins,after 6 mnths...the freak wins.....2 yrs.....you got it,freako again ....and so on......you can only compensate a strength difference so far.

I have seen armwrestlers who have never been trained or even competed come out of nowhere and blast seasoned vets that were very mechanically sound......why??

People have no idea just how big the margin really is.

Yeah because there is no way to tell....thats why I love watching.

One guy is destroying everyone then goes against Brzenk and then looks like a woman......you can hardly ever tell how strong someone is.....and muscle size a lot of the time is no indicator just look at Brzenk......

Yeah look at Brzenk,I would be impressed if you could find a more developed back, arm ,and forearm at his weight. Maybe on videos he looks puny but believe me in person he looks the part

Edited by monkeypaws

Yeah look at Brzenk,I would be impressed if you could find a more developed back, arm ,and forearm at his weight. Maybe on videos he looks puny but believe me in person he looks the part

Yeah....I said the same thing when I met him.....

I didn't mean brzenk had small arms. I was talking about overall size like Samuleson has....

Brzenk defiantly looks the part.

if we may believe all those zoo's etc.... then the gorilla outlifts the strongest man by trillions of times!! (maybe some 400k log lift :) )

im sure a normal gorilla is A LOT stronger than the strongest man alive...but how can u get a max effort out of an ape? im sure a gorilla will kick magnus and brzenks ass in AW with just his pinkyfinger :tongue

(never seen the pawsize of an ape?)

i think brzenk would win over magnus simply cause hes a top AW and magnus not (really).

Primates are ridiculously strong. I remember reading somewhere some years back that a 90lb chimp or monkey deadlifted 600lb as part of some experiment. A 400lb silverback...who knows, if it could be coaxed into trying a DL....2000lb+??

It would be very interesting to see what a fully grown gorilla could do with some of the harder grippers...