Teemu's Grip Log

Teemu I

30.11.2006: Homemade RT, Barbell Wrist Curls

Homemade RT

.......Maybe I have to buy it and give it to myself as a Christmas present. Along with the loading pin. :)

Get the Rolling Thunder. You only go around once. ;)

Good luck!

You are right, I will have to stop trying to be cheap and order it right away. I'll end up buying it anyway so might as well do it now. :tongue

Edit: So, I did order it, along with the loading pin. Should be here next week. :)

Edited by Teemu I

30.11.2006: Homemade RT, Barbell Wrist Curls

Homemade RT

.......Maybe I have to buy it and give it to myself as a Christmas present. Along with the loading pin. :)

Get the Rolling Thunder. You only go around once. ;)

Good luck!

You are right, I will have to stop trying to be cheap and order it right away. I'll end up buying it anyway so might as well do it now. :tongue

Edit: So, I did order it, along with the loading pin. Should be here next week. :)

Wise purchase Teemu, I love mine.

Definately a good purchase, you will really like it. Did you happen to order a 3.5 with it as well!! lol .

That is so true about just buying it now, since you KNOW you will be getting it sooner or later :rock

Definately a good purchase, you will really like it. Did you happen to order a 3.5 with it as well!! lol .

That is so true about just buying it now, since you KNOW you will be getting it sooner or later :rock

I did order that 3.5 earlier, but to be delivered later..othervise I would do too much grippers right now. :)

3.12.2006: Grippers

2006 #3 MMS

5 attempts with both hands

L: 4/5 closed

R: 5/5 closed

BBSE Choked at 15mm (went back 5mm, as parallel clearly was too much for me, I was beeing hasty)

5 attempts with both hands

L: forced reps, all forced in x3

R: 4 of them missed by 1 mm and forced in and held for 3 count, last attempt was missed by 3-4mm

Filed GM (Filed SM for the left hand) OC's alternated with negatives on IGDA at 365,9 lbs, each single 3 secs

10 singles

My hands were killed at this point.

Filed #2 MMS reps, finisher after the real finisher :)

3x10

This was a hard workout. Hands felt pretty good at the beginning, BUT the gripper technique is clearly not what it is suppose to be, it feels like I can't utilize all the strength to the last final bit of the close. The "razor's edge" isn't there, yet. But it will be there by the end of the year.

Nice work Teemu are you going to sign up for the MMG2 soon?

Thanks John. Most likely I'm going to sign up for the Level 2 in January. I'm building up the base for overall grip strength and I'm pushing it quite hard right now so the peak strength isn't there. I will work hard for the following weeks, then back off and see if I'm able to CCS close Elite or maybe even TNS it. BBSE might be too much this year. I also want to be able to lift 20 kg's (about 44 lbs) on the Blobette and 90 kg's on the RT before the year ends. Those are my priorities now.

Thanks John. Most likely I'm going to sign up for the Level 2 in January. I'm building up the base for overall grip strength and I'm pushing it quite hard right now so the peak strength isn't there. I will work hard for the following weeks, then back off and see if I'm able to CCS close Elite or maybe even TNS it. BBSE might be too much this year. I also want to be able to lift 20 kg's (about 44 lbs) on the Blobette and 90 kg's on the RT before the year ends. Those are my priorities now.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that one of the goals for the beginning of the 2007 is certainly CoC-cert. If I make some decent progress, that is.

Edited by Teemu I

4.12.2006: Blobette work, weight 16,25 kg

I went up on weight, I added 250 grams of lead shot. That makes a big difference.

I did only 7 deadlift attempts alltogether with both hands, called it a day then. My thumbs have started feeling this beating they have recieved and they felt a bit awkward today. I wouldn't call that an actual pain, but they are sore and stiff. So I decided not to do more today, I don't want to strain my thumbs and waste valuable training time.

Left hand: I got some air, unassisted, on first two attempts. Rest of the singles were assisted reps with minimal amount of index finger assistance.

Right hand: 6 succesful deadlifts. These felt really hard today.

Some thoughts: This will be the working weight for this and following week, I'm aiming for 20 succesful deadlift singles with 3 sec holds with this weight. Then I'll go up on weight.

As my hands were pretty beaten at this point, I threw in shot rotations and extensor stuff after this. Will do more of them both this week. I DO train my extensors regularly, but I don't usually log that.

Edited by Teemu I

5.12.2006: Grippers

BTR speed work with filed #2

10 sets of 3 MMS reps with 1 min rest between sets

MMS work on 2006 #3

4 sets of 3 reps, 3 min rest periods between sets

Some thoughts: Strength level was obviously nowhere near the peak, but pretty good today, considering training has been hard and frequent and I haven't let myself recover fully. I did most of the stuff in this workout as a sort of reminder to my hands. Seems to me like my hands have started to adapt to the more frequent training. Good.

I will do the wrist work later tonight, as tomorrow is our Independence day and I don't have to go to work, so I can train pretty late.

I will abandon this grip log now. I've kept two separate logs until now, the other one in Finnish and this one here. It is time consuming. I will start writing my blog in English only for convinience, so if anybody wants to follow what the heck I am doing, my blog can be found here.

I will abandon this grip log now. I've kept two separate logs until now, the other one in Finnish and this one here. It is time consuming. I will start writing my blog in English only for convinience, so if anybody wants to follow what the heck I am doing, my blog can be found here.

I forgot to add one thing about my blog: all the comments and feedback are of course welcome! :cool

• 11 months later...

I'm glad you will be posting your workouts again. I like to see how other people train. BTW, Good job!

Thanks Mitch, I'm doing so because it helps to stay focused on the weaknesses.

Well done :rock The question is, who will be the first to MMS the #3 using the last two fingers? :D

Thanks guys! It shouldn't take long before I can hold that #3 closed. :)

I have trained my weakest two fingers to a point that my index and middle finger are probably relatively weaker.

Edited by Teemu I

My current grip routine looks like this:

- 3 different type of grip workouts

- 1-2 days of rest between workouts

Workout #1

1. Medium 2 hp

-volume

2. Blobette

-volume

3.Reverse curl using RT-handle

-using my RT as a substitute for thick bar (damn, I have to get one!)

Workout #2

1. Bottom 2 fingers

- Imtug #7 singles

- #3 forced attempts

2. Power sets

- just trying to set my BB Pro or harder #4 as far as I can

3. Rolling Thunder

-12 rep-scheme

4. Extended handle negatives

-focus on the sweep

-hard gripper, BB WC or BB PRO

5. Thumb cable

Workout #3

1. Mini-negs

- doing these so that I wouldn't completely lose my touch on the last part of the gripper close

- I'm purposefully placing the thumb side handle where it would be if I try a no set close

- using my extended handle RB 365 for these at the moment. I'm able to hold this closed if I set it optimally as in MMS, now, my new goal is to hold this closed in "bad" position

-5 reps on each set, done in rapid fire fashion, immediately forcing the gripper closed as it opens

2. Sledgehammer levering

3. Shot rotations

So this is how I'm training at the moment and I'm planning to stick to this for at least 8 weeks. I just started on this new routine a week ago and have done 4 workouts so far and this feels pretty good. Any feedback is welcome if you are following my log. I'll write about my goals later.

You WILL close the #4 one day :rock

I thought I'd start logging here in my old log again. Will talk about my current training routine and goals later, but for starters I have two videos to post.

#3 attempt with bottom two fingers.

Imtug #7 bottom two fingers close.

Teemu what do you eat? :blink The last time I tried a Tug#6 I couldn't close it with my top 2 fingers and your closing a Tug#7 with your bottom 2 fingers! :bow