Acorn's Training Log

acorn

Yesterday was a light day, forearms were still kinda sore. Tuesday my offday before yesterday I did some negs with pinching pair of 45lb plates and a small amount of grippers couple negs with elite and #3 close on RH as well as a PR lefty of #3 to 1/8" from close

Yesterday

Morning

2 phonebooks, small one I quartered. Big one was over 2 inches

Expand Y hand bands

30xIM red RH

20xIM red +IM white RH PR

25xIM red LH

30xIM blue LH

Evening

warmup with grippers to BBSM

RT

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x2x126lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x2x143.5lbs

TTK

3x10lbs BH

Forearms and hands feeling much better today after a good night sleep and cardio this morn

BW today 258.6

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

Did just a little bending tonight to try out some new stock. Stock is .323 Drill rod. It was either damn tough or I was damn weak tonight. I will try some more on Sunday. I also got some .332 drill rod but was not up for the challenge tonight. I'll post some pics later.

6" gr5

6.5x1/4 SQ to 90deg to calibrate my force

red nail wobble to calibrate force

7"x.323" Drill rod bent to 1 3/4" in about 10 minutes. I was also about 1/2" off center. It was tough the whole way. I may have to send some to Eric to calibrate.

- Aaron

Tonights workout

Couple of attempts w/ 5 10's broke ground without bar thru center. PR

RT

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x5x126lbs PR

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x5x143.5lbs

Sledge work w/ the 6lb

front raises and to the face

Wristulatorator

4x7.5lbs ext

10x15lbs flex

TTK

3x10lbs BH

3x12.5lbs BH

3x15lbs RH

3x13lbs LH

Don't you do grippers anymore? :( Or benchpress? That was more interesting than bending :P

I'm doing a little grippers here and there. but, my primary focus right now is RT and pinch strength. I'm trying to get more well rounded hand strength before I hit another KTA cycle on grippers. I'm not benching again until my pec strain is fully healed, which it is not yet. Although I will be doing a little incline and some other light upper body work tomorrow. Then some fun bending. :rock Thanks for asking about it though.

- Aaron

Tonights bending workout

5" x 1/4" CRS

7" x 5/16" bolt 307A

red nail

finished shiny bastard from 30deg. to 1 7/8" started last week PR

6.5"x1/4 Sq HRS

attempt at big Hexabastard. 3 penny kink.

6"x5/16 bolt gr2 3/4" off center

5" red nail decent kink PR

6.5" x 5/16 Big Bastard

After doing all these I went back and crushed them down more to work crush

all moved except for shiny, and big hex.

Ate dinner and then finished with a

5.5" x 1/4 Gr5

Pic of the carnage posted in my gallery. I'm gonna feel this tomorrow. my fingers are aching :rock

- Aaron

Nice going Aaron. :rock

Thanks guys, It felt pretty good although I was pretty wiped when I started it. I spent the morning and afternoon landscaping and digging holes for trees at my rental house. Dirt here is tough when its dry. :tongue Marco was supposed to come over so we could go to the gym and hit some bending after but I couldn't get ahold of him. So I made a nice workout out of it anyway. Thats probably the most tough bends I've done in a session and I'm not too sore today. It was enough to just get the start of blisters on my hands last night. They seem to be ok today though. I also noticed that the hex cut thru 2 layers of my leather wraps last night. There either must be a trick to kinking the hex or I'm too weak on the initial kink to get it moving. Prolly the second one.

- Aaron

Lots of volume bending. Great work :mosher

Thanks for the encouragement John.

Todays stuff:

Morning

tore 2 2+ inch thick phone books for friends at work. It seems that word has gotten around and people are bringing in phone books to see me rip them. Most can't believe it until they see it.

Grippers

2xT BH

2x#1 BH

1x#2 BH

3x1x#3 RH

2x1x#3 LH to 1/4"

2x1xBBE Neg got it to 3/8"-1/2" then forced in and held at 1/4-3/8"

Night

Burned my thumb taking dinner out of the oven thru the oven mitt. Kinda made all the pinch work tougher.

RT easy day

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x2x126lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x2x143.5lbs

Pinch

Neg attempt w/2 45's no good hurt too much.

3x 4 10s BH Full DL

1x 4 10s + 1 5er DL LH PR

1x 4 10s + 1 5er Full DL RH

3x1x 5 10's Full DL RH BIIIG PR got the first one very suprised. Went and got Heidi and she witnessed the second one. :rock

1x 5 10's w/ rod thru center LH broke ground PR

TTK

3x10lbs BH

3x12.5lbs BH

3x15lbs BH, LH was negs

2x17.5lbs RH negs

It was an exellent day for wide pinch PR's despite the burn. Oh yeah I was pretty stoked when after Heidi seeing me pinch the 5 tens she tried pinching for the first time and got 3 tens to full DL :yikes

- Aaron

Great pinch Aaron.

You need a Blob ...

Thanks guys, next time I do 5 10's I'll tape it. One of these days I would like to get some blobs, just has to wait until i get some of the other stuff out of the way. I am thinking about selling a couple of my HG's though, I guess that would help fund one.

- Aaron

Got the 5 10's again tonight and had Heidi tape it. I will post it later.

Tonights workout

1x5 10's for video

RT Hard day

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x6x126lbs last set was tough

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x6x143.5lbs last set was tough

6lb sledge

front levers , to head and twists

TTK

3x10lbs BH

3x12.5lbs BH

3x15lbs BH were negs

- Aaron

Last night was fun, Marco came over to do some bending. I tried to refrain but after about 20 minutes of watching him get not only his first 60d but a few more and a blue, and some of the .281 drill rod I got, I couldn't take it any more. Also I had him make some tries on the 6" gr 5 at various stages of pre-kink but he's not quite there yet. I keep trying to get him to start posting and quit lurking, oh well maybe soon.

My bending was:

1x 60d

1x 6" gr 5

1x IM red

1x 5.25"x5/16" HRS PR This one was tough. Crush down on the short stuff is painful no matter what.

1x 7" Hexabastard PR Finished this one off, I had only been able to put a slight wobble in it last week.

1x 5" IM red moved it a little further than last week.

2x20 pushups to flush everything out.

I think my kink on the longer stuff was a bit stronger.

- Aaron

Nice workout :rock A quick question though, why the comparitively low #'s on the RT? If your max is 186, I'd think your working set would use a bit higher poundage?

Thanks Wes, 2 things on the RT. I'm doing a percentage based 6 week russian power program I found in one of Hatfields books I've been reading. The numbers I'm pulling are based on a 178# best w/ my handle which is still very new and free spinning. The 186# I pulled at maidenfans when I was in Portland. However the weight on the heavy days starts going up next week and the reps start going back down. It seems to be working for me though. My pulls feel tons stronger and normally I would be pretty wiped after a couple sets whereas now I'm making it thru all 6 sets and still have some strength left. Also Wes good job on those RT PR's the other day.

- Aaron

Ah ok, I see how it works. Those cycles usually produce good results, it'll be interesting to see how good a Pr you'll hit :rock I'll race ya' to 225 :D

Ah ok, I see how it works. Those cycles usually produce good results, it'll be interesting to see how good a Pr you'll hit :rock I'll race ya' to 225 :D

Yes I'm interested to see how it goes too. I don't know about a race though I think I'm switching back to grippers once I hit 90kg or 200lbs. I think you would definately win it anyway. :whistel

- Aaron

Workout from last night

RT easy day

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x2x126lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x2x143.5lbs

wristulater

ext

10x7.5lbs

flex

12x15lbs

Marco came over and we did some bending tonight. He got a 6" gr5. I got a PR too.

1x 5.5"x1/4 Gr2 bolt

1x 60d

1x 7"x1/4Sq FBBC

1x 5.5"x1/4Sq FBBC PR

1x 5"x5/16" FBBC Magnificent bastard PR Got it in around 4 minutes to just a little under 2". Much pain

1x 6.5"x5/16" FBBC Big Shiny Bastard attempt to 3" PR ( I was totally wiped before starting this one.)

I am processing the videos right now. Already uploaded the magnificent to Youtube.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

1x 5"x5/16" FBBC Magnificent bastard PR Got it in around 4 minutes to just a little under 2". Much pain

- Aaron

:bow

For me thats a far better bend than a Big Shiny.

For sure that short stock requires much more technique.

Very impressive Aaron.

Aaron you are unstoppable :bow:rock