16x

Military press

3x135lb

7x185lb

Lying tricep press (head bangers)

8x175lb

Wall squats with ball 5sec hold at bottom

20reps

My buddy marco came over tonight after the gym and he did grippers and some bending while I hit some PR's bending. I know I should not have been bending yet but its hard not to.

Bending

1 5.5x1/4" G2 bolt

1 60d

1 7"x1/4" square HRS PR ( I suck on the longer stuff so this was a Huge PR)

1 5.5"x1/4" G5 bolt (triangle) (really tough one to get going and to finish, prolly the toughest yet) PR

Thats it I'm icing my left wrist now. All my bends were double wrapped with leather and IM pads on the outside. Diameter of double wrap is about 1.25". Oh yea Marco got a 7"x1/4" Plated HRS DO bend after I did my 1/4 SQ. It was his second time bending and closed my #1 and Filed BBSA. I'm trying to get him to join the board. My Advanced Benders bag should be coming from FBBC on Monday. Can't wait to try out some new stuff and looking forward to making some attempts at the Bastard bar in not too distant future.

- Aaron

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

7 minute treadmill is for girls. What happened to 10? Don't slack on the cardio! :P

315 x 5 on the benchpress, nice! ... I might need to change routines or something, I can't seem to improve a lot on my benchpress and this is my 4th week straight going to the gym. Your routine looks short and simple, and your method (on page 3 or so) looks cool.

7 minute treadmill is for girls. What happened to 10? Don't slack on the cardio! :P

315 x 5 on the benchpress, nice! ... I might need to change routines or something, I can't seem to improve a lot on my benchpress and this is my 4th week straight going to the gym. Your routine looks short and simple, and your method (on page 3 or so) looks cool.

That was warmup, I'm still doing 30 to 40 minutes cardio in the mornings 6days a week. For me short and simple with lots of recovery works best. My workout partner is a beginner lifter and has been training with me for 4 weeks and got 185 for 6 on bench last night. He also got 135 for 6 on Military press. He's doing my workout too with very good gains. I was very proud of him. If you try it out let me know how it works for you. I'm really curious how it will work for other people.

- Aaron

16 pullups @ 260 - nice job.

Thanks Morgan, I decided to just do pulls for a while for bicep work. My damn arms were getting too big to bend or touch my shoulders. After a couple weeks without curls I can touch with 3 fingers again. :tongue

- Aaron

Mostly messed around tonight.

CCS attempt BBSM RH to 1mm

1x #3 close MMS RH

1x #BBSM close MMS LH

SW 5x59lb close and hold

SW 5x65 NC

Bent 1x5"x1/4 Gr2 bolt

1x 60d

1x 7"x5/16" 307a bolt could not get it into position to get a good hit on it. Cheat kinked to 20deg and demolished it.

1x 6" Gr5

Hublifters

warmup then

1x35lb on LH including pin

1x45lb on RH including pin

TTK

1x10lb each hand

1x15lb each hand

1x17.5lb RH

Rolling Thunder

warmup then

1x145 LH including pin

1x174 RH including pin

made attempt at 178 without success

Bent 6"x5/16" 307A bolt.

- Aaron

Way to go on that CCS attempt.. 1 mm off awesome

Thanks. Yeah it was fun last night, I'm feeling it today. I need to get some more plates for the RT at home I ran out at 150 or 155 then had to start stacking stuff on top of the plates, like 6lb sledge, 8lb throwing hammer, 3 big pipe wrenches, bag o nails. I also did a couple sets on the wristulator and a ccs close with the #2 on my LT after everything else before bed. I'm hoping my FBBC bag-O-bending goodies comes in today.

Workouts look great, Aaron :mosher

Workouts look great, Aaron :mosher

Thanks John, Last night was pretty cool. Just did some bending even though it was supposed to be an off day.Also tried out the some new suede for the wraps and bent my first red.

1x60d

1x6 1/4"x5/16" HRS

1xIM red

Congrats on the Red.

Would be nice if you could mark those milestone with a PR or so. :)

Congrats on the Red.

Would be nice if you could mark those milestone with a PR or so. :)

Sorry, I was still in shock that I bent it.

Today.

Grippers

warmup

4x1x#3 RT closes

2x1xBBSM LT closes felt really good

1x1xHG300 LT either closed or very close PR

1x1x#3 LT assisted close 3/8" PR

2x1xBBE RT NC

2x1x#3 LT NC

Alternating

SH BBSM w/5lb RT HG250 filed LT w/5lb

SW NC w/90lb PR

OC BBSM & BBSM

SW NC w/90lb PR

repeated 3 times

3 regular then Inverted Closes ISG DA w/BTR grips @ 200 then 230

2 Negs ISG DA @ 330lbs

TTK

3x5x12.5 RT

3x5x12.5 LT assisted reps

bent 6"x1/4" Plated HRS reverse style PR

scrolled a nail

Some sledge levering

- Aaron

Congrats on the Red. :rock

Thanks Moser,

Today

Gym

Rolling Thunder includes pin and handle wt

1x100 both hands

1x143lbs both hands

1x153lbs both hands PR LH

1x163lbs RH

1x155.5lbs LH attempt Broke ground to 6" PR

1x173lbs RH

1x155.5lbs LH assisted up Neg

1x175.5lbs RH PR

1x178lbs RH came out on way down almost at the ground PR

3x143lbs LH 2 additional assisted

6x153lbs RH first 3 were thumbless then switched to standard

3x143lbs LH 2 additional assisted

6x153lbs RH

10 pullups w/ the square tubing over pulley crossover, hands together pulling head going to either side of the bar.

22 minutes stair climber

26 minutes treadmill

Feeling those RT's in the forearms now.

- Aaron

4x1x#3 RT closes

2x1xBBE RT NC

2x1x#3 LT NC

Aaron, from the progression above, it seems that your HG300 is harder than your BBSM?

I know HGs can be all over the place. I'm picking up a BBSM tomorrow and I've got a #3 coming in the mail. I'm really eager to see how this works out. I can close my HG300, but have read reports that they range anywhere between a 2 and a 3. So, I really have no clue where I'll be on the BBSM or the #3.

4x1x#3 RT closes

2x1xBBE RT NC

2x1x#3 LT NC

Aaron, from the progression above, it seems that your HG300 is harder than your BBSM?

I know HGs can be all over the place. I'm picking up a BBSM tomorrow and I've got a #3 coming in the mail. I'm really eager to see how this works out. I can close my HG300, but have read reports that they range anywhere between a 2 and a 3. So, I really have no clue where I'll be on the BBSM or the #3.

Yea BBSM is about a 2.5 and hg300 about a 2.8

- Aaron

Wanted to congratulate you again on the Red! :rock What a great milestone and you hit it so quickly man. :bow

Thanks Ben, I think my decent bench was a contributing factor to the speed at which I got to it. That and I get strong quick.

- Aaron

As soon as I get my shoulder issues cleared up I'd like to try your program out Aaron - maybe figure out a way to incorportate some oly lifts too. I dont think I will make the gains you do though (who knows) - I'd consider your genetics "very good" for lifting weights and I suspect this is a factor in your case. The numbers you've hit in the past are "way" beyond the majority of most lifters and this also may be a factor. As you told me at the house, you've been out of lifting for a few years and I think some of the rapid gains you've made can be attributed to this - who knows though, I hope I'm wrong as I'd like to jump on the wagon.

Morgan

PS - work your pinch more - besides your bending, I think you've got a knack for it.

As soon as I get my shoulder issues cleared up I'd like to try your program out Aaron - maybe figure out a way to incorportate some oly lifts too. I dont think I will make the gains you do though (who knows) - I'd consider your genetics "very good" for lifting weights and I suspect this is a factor in your case. The numbers you've hit in the past are "way" beyond the majority of most lifters and this also may be a factor. As you told me at the house, you've been out of lifting for a few years and I think some of the rapid gains you've made can be attributed to this - who knows though, I hope I'm wrong as I'd like to jump on the wagon.

Morgan

PS - work your pinch more - besides your bending, I think you've got a knack for it.

Morgan I hope the PT on your shoulder helps, when you get ready to start the program let me know. I would like to help any way I could. Thanks for the complements and I will begin to work pinch more now that I have achieved my current gripper goals.

workouts have been somewhat spotty.

yesterday

Bending

DO

1x60d

1x6"gr5

1x6.25x1/4"sq HRS

1x6"x5/16" Plated HRS to 2 1/8" between legs

Reverse Style

1x60d PR

2x6"Gr5 to 60deg PR

Today

Rolling Thunder

1x96lb both hands

6x126lb LH

5x151lb RH

3x126lb LH

4x146lb RH

and couple more sets laddering down in weight

Pinch

wood pinch block + 2x4 = 3" width very slippery

3x1x50 BH

TTK 5x25lb BH

finished a 12" griprite spike I had bent to 60deg (popped myself in the jaw with it on crushdown hard enough to see stars. :mosher )

6lb sledge

2x5 to face BH

2x6x29" front lever BH

8x18" sledge twists

wrist curls

8x50lbs 2" bar hanging

finger extensions

EYHB

30xIM red band RH

30xIM blue band LH

I've got a pretty good sized goosegg on my jaw where I smacked it last night. Looks like I've been fighting. :tongue I guess next time I try to crush down one of those big spikes I need to make sure the wraps are really tight so it doesn't twist and smack me again.

- Aaron

Oh yes,

those are the best 'marks'. :rock

Hows your DU bending?

Oh yes,

those are the best 'marks'. :rock

Hows your DU bending?

My DU bending is pretty weak, I don't think I've tried anything harder than a 60d with it. for comparasion I just did one of those heslep style arms straight out front yesterday. Next time I try one like that I will tape it.

- Aaron

I've got a pretty good sized goosegg on my jaw where I smacked it last night. Looks like I've been fighting. :tongue I guess next time I try to crush down one of those big spikes I need to make sure the wraps are really tight so it doesn't twist and smack me again.

- Aaron

Spikes fighting back, I hate that :D

Thanks John, me too. I whacked it good there is still swelling and I've been iceing for a few days. I'm just glad I haven't injured my hands or wrists yet. Still haven't fully recovered from the Reverse style bending the other day I've had a Deep ache in my left bicep for a couple days. Gonna ice it tonight. Oh well, Did some bending today and played with the grippers just a bit.

Bending

1x60d DO

1x 3/8"x 6" aluminum DO

1x 3/8"x 5.5 Aluminum DO

1x 6" gr5 DO

1x 7"x5/16 HRS DO 1/2" offcenter bend

1x 6"x5/16 HRS DO almost 1/2" offcenter bend Pretty tough took about 2 minutes. PR

1x60d DU

attempt at 7" x 1/4Sq HRS DU slight wobble

attempt "" Reverse a little more wobble

"" DO finished

4x with BBSM opening to almost CCS RH

- Aaron