2x133lbs

5x5x152lbs PR

Plate pinch

3x 2 25s BH

2x 2 25s + 10lbs RH

Plate pass

2 25's back and forth for about 45 sec, then 30 sec

TTK

3x3x10lb (thumbs were pretty pumped at this point)

- Aaron

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

Did a few grippers today at work, best close was average #3 RH, #2 LH. Crush felt very weak. Looking forward to being done w/ the RT program so I can get back to grippers.

RT easy day

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x2x126lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x2x143.5lbs

Pinch

2 45's lift w/2 hands then take off each hand for 1-2 sec. Kinda like a fast plate pass 2 sets 8-10 sec max

4 10's DL for a few reps

4x 5 10s DL and hold for 6-8sec RH

4x 5 10s DL and hold for 2-3sec LH assisted initial lift. 1 of the reps broke ground to 4" unassisted.

2 25s plate pass for a while.

Sledge 6lb

Front, to head and a few twists

- Aaron

Nice pinch workout.

Nice pinch workout.

Thanks John, I'm feeling it today. On the upside my weight was down when I checked this morning after cardio. I'm still doing at least 30minutes of cardio type stuff 5-6 days a week. With all the grip stuff I've been doing too it feels like constant 2-a-day workouts. I'm still getting stronger though so can't complain.

BW 257.6lbs :rock

- Aaron

Tonights workout was fun. Another coworker came over and tried a few things. It was his first time bending and he got the 5.5"gr5 and also put a wobble in a red. I think he's hooked. I was pretty wiped before the workout. I spent the weekend working on one of our rental houses, today was mostly in the sun installing chicken wire for new stucco.

My workout

60d

7" x 5/16 gr2 bolt 1" off center

6" Gr8 bolt - first time trying one of these, not too bad

6.5" Hexabastard

Edgin gr5 bolt attempt, just a couple pennies kink

7"x5/16SQ plated steel isometrics. put a 1 penny kink in it on the diagonal, then pre-kinked in the vise with sledge hammer to about 30deg on the flat and did some more iso's

6.5" Big shiny crushed from 3" to just under 2.4"

IM red.

6 closes with my average #3 RH, a few attempts at BBSM and same #3 left. best attempt on left got to 1/8" w/ #3 from parallel. On the right I had a couple at almost CCS width that I closed

I showed Matt most of the toys so I think I did a little of everything. Also made a new wood block for pinch lifting that is 3.5" out of 4x6 I had at the rental. I may make another a bit wider at either 4.5 or 5"

best w/ the 3.5" was 65lbs, also pinched 5 10s and 2 25s, fun night. Even played with the SW

- Aaron

Forgot to post my RT workout from friday 10/20

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

4x4x140lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

4x4x160lbs

Can't remember what else I did but I'm sure it hurt.

Last nights workout

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

6x2x126lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

6x2x143.5lbs

Pinch 3.5" block

various singles up to 60lbs or so right, can't remember left.

Also bent a 4.5"x1/4" gr2 bolt about 1" off center. short leg isn't much longer than an inch. maybe 1.5" tops. Looks like a nice little hook. It's interesting enough that I might post a pic later.

TTK

5x12.5lbs

Finished off with some plate wrist curls

8x20lbs (2 10's) BH

I wasn't really feeling it last night I had to work on one of the houses for a couple hours after work last night before the workout.

- Aaron

Two questions acorn:

What do you feel the Rolling Thunder trains the most? Thumb? Open-hand crush? (Like for the sweep part of grippers or a handshake?). Forearm?

The other one (I know the previous was many, but whatever :P): Is wrist-plate curling 2 10's harder or easier than 1 20lb plate? If you don't know because you don't have one, what would you think?

I have a 6kg (13.26lb) and a 20lb Bollinger at home. It's a big jump actually... I also have some 10's, so if it's easyer I could try that, but those 10's are wide when pinched together, and they have no "lip" so it's tough....

Just curious.

Two questions acorn:

What do you feel the Rolling Thunder trains the most? Thumb? Open-hand crush? (Like for the sweep part of grippers or a handshake?). Forearm?

The other one (I know the previous was many, but whatever :P): Is wrist-plate curling 2 10's harder or easier than 1 20lb plate? If you don't know because you don't have one, what would you think?

I have a 6kg (13.26lb) and a 20lb Bollinger at home. It's a big jump actually... I also have some 10's, so if it's easyer I could try that, but those 10's are wide when pinched together, and they have no "lip" so it's tough....

Just curious.

What does RT train most? I'm maybe too weak to know, but I think I may help thumb a little more with me. Hard for me to tell at this point. 2nd, I think that if both the 2 10s and the 20lb plate are the same diameter it should be about the same. The big deal in my opinion is the diameter of the plate or the radius of leverage. with a larger diameter plate of the same weight more weight will be farther away from the fulcrum point (your wrist) making you percieve that it is harder. Of course having to keep several plates together can get interesting too but I think the key is the diameter and the weight to really compare apples to apples. Try it and let me know. I've never really done them and just wanted to try something a bit different last night.

- Aaron

How's your regular lifting coming Aaron? It'd be awesome to see you back where you were one of these days :rock

Edited by Wes

How's your regular lifting coming Aaron? It'd be awesome to see you back where you were one of these days :rock

Aww, I been a slacker. It has been kinda limited workouts in order to facilitate recovery for the bending. I've only been doing a light workout sundays before bending for warmup. 1 set light Incline press 185 or so, set of pullups, and set of standing tricep ext with the 50's. I don't think I'll ever want to get back where I once was. I often miss heavy squats, deads and snatches. I just don't want to be that heavy anymore. But I would like to bench 405 again, and maybe even military press 275. I think I could live with that. Take care of your back Wes, its the only one you got.

- Aaron

Tonights workout. left wrist is kinda crunchy and sore before the workout even started.

RT

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

3x3x148lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

3x3x170lbs

A little bending too, couldn't help myself. I think I need to get a sponser and start going to BA. Bending made my wrist hurt even more.

4"x1/4" Plated CRS

5.5"x1/4" G5

7"x3/8" G2 bolt isometrics, got a little wobble.

7"x5/16" G5 bolt isometrics, got a little wobble. wrist was hurting pretty bad by this point.

IM red only got to about 60deg before wrist said no more.

6.5"x3/8" aluminum crushed down to less than 1/2" between legs

4.5"x3/8" aluminum crushed down to 1 1/8"

4.5"x5/16 Plated CRS. (this particular bar is stiffer than bastard/red at the same length) got a 3 penny kink

finished off the previous red.

The long stuff seems to be hurting me alot more than the short.

- Aaron

Yesterdays workout. Marco came over and did the gym and bending workout with me.

Gym

Incline Bench

6x135

6x185

8x225

Pullups shoulder width OH

12x BW@260

Standing DB tricep ext

8x50lbs

Bending @home

60d

crushed down the 4.5x3/8 aluminum further to under 1"

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

4"x 3/8" aluminum to 1 3/4" ( this was a tough bugger to crush down.)

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

My hands were pretty beat up from all of the short stock crushdowns by the end of this. still hurt a bit today.

Grippers

2 finger closes with #T, I did a bunch of these index middle in their normal position without last 2 and little, ring finger inverted.

1xBBE Neg

Also did 12lb sledge lever to nose a couple times and a large phone book tear yesterday morning for some contractors working on our rental.

2x 5 10s lift

2x 4 10s clean and press BH

2x3x3 10s plate curl BH

My hands and forearms feel like they got a pretty serious workout today. Not too sore yet, just feeling strong

- Aaron

Bending @home

60d

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

Nice bending, Aaron. 4" x 3/8" Aluminum :ohmy

Edited by Cannon

Bending @home

60d

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

Thanks Matt, the 3/8 aluminum has a very interesting feel. I'm not sure what it compares to exactly but I have to say that the crushdown on that 4" piece was tougher and more painful than the 5"x1/4sq I did last night. which was also pretty tough. If you ever see any of it at the hardware store pick it up and give it a try.

- Aaron

Bending @home

60d

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

Thanks Matt, the 3/8 aluminum has a very interesting feel. I'm not sure what it compares to exactly but I have to say that the crushdown on that 4" piece was tougher and more painful than the 5"x1/4sq I did last night. which was also pretty tough. If you ever see any of it at the hardware store pick it up and give it a try.

- Aaron

I may try it once I get more "seasoned". I don't know how you can bend two days in a row. I bent some really hard stuff for my level yesterday, and today I feel like I stuck my arms out and stiff-armed a semi...in a good way. Keep up the great work. It's great reading your log!

I may try it once I get more "seasoned". I don't know how you can bend two days in a row. I bent some really hard stuff for my level yesterday, and today I feel like I stuck my arms out and stiff-armed a semi...in a good way. Keep up the great work. It's great reading your log!

Cool, Yeah normally I can't do 2 days in a row. But, I was hungry for some steel on Weds. and couldn't help myself. Then on Thurs it was the normal scheduled day for Marco to come over and bend so I bit the bullet and did it anyway. I feel like I was wrastling a semi myself. Have a good one.

- Aaron

Yesterdays workout. Marco came over and did the gym and bending workout with me.

Gym

Incline Bench

6x135

6x185

8x225

12x BW@260

Standing DB tricep ext

8x50lbs

Bending @home

60d

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

My hands were pretty beat up from all of the short stock crushdowns by the end of this. still hurt a bit today.

Grippers

2 finger closes with #T, I did a bunch of these index middle in their normal position without last 2 and little, ring finger inverted.

1xBBE Neg

Also did 12lb sledge lever to nose a couple times and a large phone book tear yesterday morning for some contractors working on our rental.

2x 5 10s lift

2x3x3 10s plate curl BH

My hands and forearms feel like they got a pretty serious workout today. Not too sore yet, just feeling strong

- Aaron

Nice weight (225) on the incline. Cool lever with the 12 pounder too! :rock

Gym

Incline Bench

6x135

6x185

8x225

12x BW@260

Standing DB tricep ext

8x50lbs

Bending @home

60d

5"x1/4 Sq HRS

7"x.302 drill rod

5.5"G5

6"x5/16" 307A bolt

Grippers

1xBBE Neg

2x 5 10s lift

2x3x3 10s plate curl BH

- Aaron

Nice weight (225) on the incline. Cool lever with the 12 pounder too! :rock

Thanks Mat.

- Aaron

I skipped my RT workout last night. I'm still pretty sore from the week and next week is the final week of that training cycle. I'm hoping to hit some good numbers.

- Aaron

Training for tonight.

RT

LH

2x109lbs

2x116lbs

2x2x155lbs

RH

2x126lbs

2x133lbs

2x2x178lbs

tried a few pinches w/ 5 10s

got some w/ RH , got 3 w/ light assist on LH

Grippers

Warmup then

Easy #3

5x1 RH

1x2 to parallel RH

5 attempts LH got 1 to 1mm

Couple of Negs on the BBE

on the RH it opened up to about 1/4 after forcing in.

-Aaron

Whats up with the Shiny, Aaron?

Whats up with the Shiny, Aaron?

I'm going thru and doing all the ones I skipped. The shiny I did in 2 sessions before I did the Mag. Its just a personal goal to still do it in one session when I'm fresh. When I get around to doing it again that is.

- Aaron

Messed around a little after I got home from work.

5.5" gr5

Put a decent kink in a 4.5" gr 5

IM red

IM blue DU

taped up a IM blue and FBBC 1/4x6" and bent them together. Felt about like a huge Bastard. But tougher to get moving. I will post a pic later.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn