Did some more levering today:

Overhead:

120x5

144x3

168x1

176x1

176x1

Rear:

Same as overhead except 168x1 was max on left hand.

Rotations:

112x5

120x3

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vice

• bencrush

• pdoire

• madknight

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did some crush and bending along with some more levering:

Worked up to closing my HG300 and just missed my 240N with either hand.

Next I did some bending and melted some greens in under 5 seconds. Sadly I still can't kink a yellow because I tried like hell tonight. Still can't figure this one out because my levering continues to improve.

Finished off with some more levering.

Overhead levering- worked up to 184x2

Rear levering- worked up to 180x1 RH, 172x1 LH

Rotations- 128x3 RH, 120x3 LH

Front levers- 112x3

Did some grip work today and set a new PR in overhead levering. Finally levered my 8 pound sledge to my nose and back with my hand at the end of the handle. Nothing to impressive for a lot of people here, but something I've been focused on doing for the last few weeks. Now I gotta work on the new 10 pound sledge I just bought.

My crush strenght is down from all the levering but I'm not too worried. All I can think about is my next bending session.

Nice job on that lever John!

Thanks Paul! Nice job on the Elite and 330N.

Tried bending DU for my first time today. Wasn't quite as strong as I am DO but still fun to try it out.

Bent 2 IM whites in about 10 seconds each

Bent 2 FBBC 5.5"x3/16" in about 12 seconds each

Finished with some levering:

Overhead: 140x3/160x3/180x3/200x3/210x3 PR!

Front: 64x3/80x3/96x3/112x3/120x3

Rear: 110x3/130x3/140x3/150x3/170x3 PR!

Rotations: 64x3/80x3/105x3/120x3

Making good progress on my overhead levers, probably should have bought a 12 pound sledge, I might be levering this 10 pounder quicker than expected.

Nice work with the levering, that 1/4" stock will fall soon.

Thanks John, I hope you're right.

Did some bending today:

1- 5.5"x3/16" FBBC round

2- 7"x1/4" HRS

2- 6.75"x1/4" HRS

1- 6.25"x1/4" HRS

Attempted a 7.5"x1/4" CRS but couldn't kink it. My kink must seriously suck because once I kink the HRS I can finish it off in about 3 seconds.

Did some levering after-

Overhead: 160x3/180x3/200x3/220x3/240x3

Also did some front, rear, and rotations but didn't keep track of the #'s.

Gonna film my next bending session so I can get you guys to critique my form.

Ok so I didn't get any bends on tape but I will soon. Today I tried to bend in the morning but I was tired and weak so when I got my 2nd wind tonight I attacked the steel.

DU:

2- White nail

1- 7"x1/4" HRS

1- 6.5"x1/4" HRS PR!

1- 6"x1/4" HRS PR!

1- 5.75 "x1/4" HRS PR!

DO:

1- 7"x1/4" HRS

3- 6.75"x1/4" HRS

1- 5.75"x1/4" HRS PR!

1- 5.5"x1/4" HRS PR!

Also did a 260ip overhead lever, which means I'm only 6 inches from the end of my 10 pound sledge according to the way I measure IP. So overall a good day with a lot of PR's. Gonna try some 1/4" CRS next week.

Did some more bending tonight. FINALLY kinked a yellow.

1- White nail

1- 7"x1/4" HRS

1- 6"x1/4" HRS

1- Kinked Yellow about 10 degrees PR!

1- 5.25"x1/4" HRS PR!

Finally got the yellow to move but not very much. Gonna do a big volume workout with some 7" pieces of HRS on monday and then try the yellow again next wednesday. Also did some levering but didn't hit any PR's tonight.

Edited by Vice

I was gonna do a volume workout tonight but it's hard not to try and bend yellow now that I'm getting close.

1- White nail

6- 7"x1/4" HRS

1- 5"x1/4" HRS PR!

1- Attempted to bend the yellow, still just a kink

But I did set some levering PR's!

Overhead: 160x3/200x3/225x3/250x3... then 265x1 and 280x1 PR!

Not sure what I'm gonna do first. Bend the yellow or lever a 10 pound sledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Bent a 7x1/4" HRS then bent a 5.5x1/4" HRS, then set a new overhead lever with a 300x1. Gotta get some thicker leather wraps tomorrow, then I'm takin down the yellow on wednesday.

Hopefully everything's going well Vice. I thought you were going to take down the Yellow on the 30th (Wed) but haven't seen it listed yet. Hope you nailed it buddy! :rock

Hopefully everything's going well Vice. I thought you were going to take down the Yellow on the 30th (Wed) but haven't seen it listed yet. Hope you nailed it buddy! :rock

Unfortunately this first week of school has been busy so I didn't get a chance to get thicker wraps yet, I also don't think I have the strength or maybe the technique to take down the yellow right now, although I think it's more technique that may be holding me back. I bought Eric's maximized bending so my technique can't be too bad, but for some reason my progress has slowed down a lot lately.

Did some bending tonight.

3 whites to warmup

10 1/4" HRS of various lengths, most in the 5.5-6" range

I did about 7 of the 1/4" HRS sitting down. This takes away some strength and makes you focus more on technique. I think it was starting to help toward the end of my workout.

Next I did some levering and set an overhead pr with a 270x3 lever. Also did some levering to the front and back and threw in a few rotations for kicks.

Basically out of all my 1/4" HRS so I'm gonna need to pick up some 3/16" square to practice on until I can get the yellow.

I've been doing quite a bit of bending the last few days, but nothing really to report. I finished off the rest of my 1/4" HRS and now all I have left are yellows which i can barely kink, and 3/16" stuff which is way to easy to have any fun with.

Basically just been bending whites and greens the past few days but I have some 3/16" square on the way and also some pre-kinked 1/4" thanks to Ben, so hopefully I'll have some PR's to post soon.

No bending PR's but I did chest crush my Elite for the first time ever, since this type of movement helps in the crushdown I've decided to post it here.

Should be getting a bunch of steel soon from Ben and FBBC so hopefully the PR's will be back very shortly.

Edited by Vice

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, had an awesome workout yesterday! Got my bending kit from Ben, and set some huge Pr's.

Warmed up with a timber tie which Ben says are the hardest he's ever seen.

Then bent a 60d nail that was pre-kinked to probably 30 degrees. Didn't move it my first couple of attempts but finally got it moving and was able to get it under 2 inches.

Then went to the gym and had a great workout, did some deadlifts, squats, and some shoulder work, then came back and started bending again.

Bent 2 more timber ties, then cut a timber tie down to 5" and bent that.

Then took out a straight 60d nail and bent it!! Huge PR! :rock Actually didn't know it was a 60d until Ben told me today. Still can't believe I bent a 60d because I've never fully bent a yellow. Maybe I'm just better at the short stuff.

Finished off with another pre-kinked 60d and a couple more timber ties and called it a day. This is officially the first time my hands have really been sore and painful after bending. I guess that means I'm starting to get to the tough stuff. :cool

Edited by Vice

Great workout Vice! You earned that 60D bend! :rock That is crazy that you bent that but haven't yet bent the Yellow. But the length must have something to do with it. Still...you might cut one down to Blue length just to convince yourself. But those are REAL 60D Nails. :D

Great workout Vice! You earned that 60D bend! :rock That is crazy that you bent that but haven't yet bent the Yellow. But the length must have something to do with it. Still...you might cut one down to Blue length just to convince yourself. But those are REAL 60D Nails. :D

Thanks Ben! After further review, it's definitely the length.

I just got home from a couple of bars and I'm pretty drunk, but I decided to try and bend some steel anyway. The first piece of steel I ever bent was when I was drunk so I decided to try it again. Let's just say HUGE PR's.

Started off by finishing off a piece of 6"x1/4" crs that was stuck at 90 from earlier in the day. Then I cut a 60d nail down to 5.75" and bent that in about 15 seconds. Then to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I cut a yellow nail down to 6" (so basically a blue nail), and I bent that in half pretty quickly.

At this point I couldn't believe what was going on, so I cut a yellow down to 5.75". It took me a couple of minutes but I finally got it down to under 2".

Then to top it off, I bent a yellow nail that was pre-kinked at about 20 degrees from previous bending sessions. For some reason the yellow is tougher than the blue for me, because of the length, and this is the first yellow I've ever bent in my life, even if it had a slight bend in it before.

And then, since I was getting cocky I finsihed off two more 7"x1/4" crs that were pre-kinked to about 20-30 degrees.

And I did all this sitting down! For some reason my form seems to be better this way, or maybe it's the alcohol, not really sure. :rock

Edited by Vice

AWESOME news Vice!!! :rock:mosher:cool You've earned the PRs man. I know how hard you work at it. And the more attention to form and studying other good bender's logs and still more bending...soon you'll be bending the Red. And that's no pipe dream.

I hope you keep a training log because it sure is neat to see where you were a year ago or two years ago. Or longer.

I'm cleaning my garage out so that I can have some people over after the wedding, and I found a bunch of my previous bending PRs. I used to tape a little piece of paper to the ends of the bend with what type and length of steel it was and the date plus how long it took to bend. My first Yellow Nail was apparently on 3-14-04 and it took 51 SECONDS! That is a heck of a long bend. In fact, recently I did a 6" Red Nail in 28 seconds. The point is it's very neat to see where you were after you've put your time in and put all the work in. It is a big motivator to keep on trucking. You will reach your goals. And with your overall approach you're going to be at the Red level in a few months or less with some luck.

AWESOME news Vice!!! :rock:mosher:cool You've earned the PRs man. I know how hard you work at it. And the more attention to form and studying other good bender's logs and still more bending...soon you'll be bending the Red. And that's no pipe dream.

I hope you keep a training log because it sure is neat to see where you were a year ago or two years ago. Or longer.

I'm cleaning my garage out so that I can have some people over after the wedding, and I found a bunch of my previous bending PRs. I used to tape a little piece of paper to the ends of the bend with what type and length of steel it was and the date plus how long it took to bend. My first Yellow Nail was apparently on 3-14-04 and it took 51 SECONDS! That is a heck of a long bend. In fact, recently I did a 6" Red Nail in 28 seconds. The point is it's very neat to see where you were after you've put your time in and put all the work in. It is a big motivator to keep on trucking. You will reach your goals. And with your overall approach you're going to be at the Red level in a few months or less with some luck.

Thanks Ben, I definitely plan on keeping this log updated because like you said its a good motivator to see the progress that has been made, and its also good to track all your workouts to see what has worked and what hasn't. With that being said, I think my technique has been a little off lately, and these bends have been with brute strength.

Luckily, I got ahold of a video camera so I will be posting a video soon of a blue nail bend so you and anyone else can give me some tips to improving my bending.

Here are the results from today:

1- 6"x3/16" crs for warmup

1- 6" timber tie

2- 60d nails, one pre-kinked to 90 degrees, and another pre-kinked to about 45

1- Blue nail

1- 5.5" blue nail PR! :rock

1- 5.25" blue nail kinked to about 30 degrees PR!

The 5.5" blue is my best bend yet but it took me a good 3 minutes or so to do it. After all this bending my left palm is bruised a little. I think I need to buy some thicker wraps, mine are only 1/2" thick when I've got a blue wrapped.

I'll try to get some bends on tape on wednesday if my hand is healed up.

Edited by Vice

5.5" Blue is great Vice! :rock Another PR in the bucket. :cool Get some thicker wraps soon. Like today soon. :D

Thanks Ben, I'm just gonna start double wrapping since I have a couple pair of wraps. My hand is still bruised so no bending for at least a couple of more days. This is killing me.