The Challenge Log

FrankyBoy

Great job on the CCS #3 close Franky!!!

Did a different warmup today for the wrists and forearms and elbows...then went straight to a Bastard and got it exactly to 40 degrees in 7 seconds DU. I'll experiment more with that after a bit more rest. I can't afford to wait too long, because you're ahead of me right now on the 6" Red Franky. I get drawn into these challenges and expend way too much of what little training time I have on them. To the point where I seem to be doing only 2" vbar, reverse bending, and DU now. Haha.

Stretched everything from the shoulder down to my fingers pretty good and then did my special warmup. Got a PR bend of 1/4"X6" Square-FBBC to 50 degrees DU in about 8 seconds a few minutes ago. That 6" Red is living on borrowed time. Get it Franky!

nice close/pr you looking to cert next year?

I don't see me trying to cert anytime soon.

But who knows, I'm progressing pretty fast with the wide-setting training lately.

shame on that CCS, you almost got it ;):D

congrats. I really should start grippers again, but things keep coming in the way (wrist pain right now).

Holy Moly!!! Congrats Franky! I told You.... :D

Thanks Burki, yeah we talked about what I should try that session. :rock

Stretched everything from the shoulder down to my fingers pretty good and then did my special warmup. Got a PR bend of 1/4"X6" Square-FBBC to 50 degrees DU in about 8 seconds a few minutes ago. That 6" Red is living on borrowed time. Get it Franky!

Crap, I should have set a harder goal! :D

Great DU bend, Ben.

How did the square bend?

Over the flat side or over the edge?

To you take care on that issue before you start the bend?

Congrats Franky!!!

Thanks Martin! :happy

Guess, what I watched before my session!

Two RB330C (B/H) closes! :D

Congrats Franky!!!

:blush

Looks like it helped!

Crap, I should have set a harder goal! :D

Great DU bend, Ben.

How did the square bend?

Over the flat side or over the edge?

To you take care on that issue before you start the bend?

LOL. I'm not there just yet...still have to have a really good day and then get it on tape...the square bent on the edge because I position it in my hand so that it will bend that way. I have a hard time getting even a 7" square started when it starts on the flat.

Friday might be the day if everything comes together for me. I'm off for most of the day.

Congrats Franky!!!

Looks like it helped!

Martin: nice avatar pic! Did You shave Your beard and gained some serious neck mass? :inno

Congrats Franky!!!

Looks like it helped!

Martin: nice avatar pic! Did You shave Your beard and gained some serious neck mass? :inno

Thanks for your kind word words Burkhard.

Congrats Franky!!!

Looks like it helped!

Thanks for your kind word words Burkhard.

Hey, I was just kidding! :D BTW, I like these animals!

Nice CC-Close, Franky! Keep it up!

Thanks Flo,

yep I'll keep at it.

Lets see how far I'll get this.

Training, 2-hand pinch related

Plate Wrist Curls, 2-handed

10x5kg

5x10kg

2x15kg

1x20kg

'2'x20kg (a very faked 2nd 'rep')

17x15kg

18x15kg

11x15kg

TTK, one handed

couple of Holds/Negs with 10kg both hands.

After this I had some fun calibrating several nails for the HGC4 using my brand new calib. unit.

Calibrated 15 bars in the range up to a Huge Shiny which was the hardest one and rated 18% above the 6" Reds I sent to Ben.

I don't think we need anything harder than that for the DU event.

I knew you liked to see a video, I'll make one next session.

No problem of course.

Wrists/Bending

Painful and weak session

Warmup

Levering: 2@5x3kg BH

5x4kg BH

DU Bending, all bars at 6"

2x6mm (41% of 6" Red)

1x7mm (60%) pain started in right index and left thumb (extensor side)

1x7.6mm (77%)

0x8mm CRS (94%)

1x6mm (41%)

The percentage values are based on my latest calibrations.

Session stopped.

Rehab work afterwards on the hurting areas.

Still some good bending there Franky! Sorry you're getting dinged up! I know the feeling. Also good timing that we both bent on the same day. My new warmup and stretching routine paid dividends...I'm trying to upload the video to YouTube. I've got some other things to focus on maybe indefinitely, like business, personal, and some other non-grip training goals. But this 6" Red challenge has been enormous fun. Now my training is too focused on DU, but that's something I'm changing up again. Maybe a little reverse once a week, throw in some grippers and I'll be set.

Here's what I wrote to you that I tried to send via my e-mail (the video) but it wouldn't send to your address...don't mind if everyone reads it. I don't profess my love to you or anything like that:) Unless you want me to...

Thanks so much for the 6" Reds Franky! No more of that! My fingers feel like someone hit them with hammers.

What a day!!! Also did some other pretty good DU bends after this bend. 1/4"X5.5" Square-FBBC that felt terrible on the hands and wrists. Then a Big Bastard that was almost over the time limit...but it's one of the really hard ones, so I'm pleased with it.

I've got some other stuff to focus on now. I look so damn fat in this video...because I fell off the diet wagon and gained back the 14 pounds that I had lost on the South Beach Diet recently. The only tradeoff is that man I'm strong when I'm fat and heavy. LOL. But I don't like snoring all night, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, all of that. Plus not fitting well in my clothes kind of sucks. Hahaha.

You might have already bent a 6" Red by now, because I know you're very close. Your overall strength is phenomenal these days! CCS #3. Blob. BIG PINCH. BIG BENDER. The list goes on...

Again, my friend, this was awesome! Appreciate the hell out of the challenge. Sorry it's over already, but holy crap I don't want to bend DU hard stuff anymore! This might sound crazy, but if I wasn't planning on going to the GGC, I'd probably drop even the reverse bending. I want to focus on a few other training goals and see if the grippers get better or slump.

Edited. Thought I had copied the right address to my YouTube account. Might have to wait a bit, although I'm able to view it right now on YT.

Wow,

what can I say.

I honestly didn't expect you getting it THAT fast.

Knowing EXACTLY how hard that stock is makes that video to one of my favourites maybe the #1 for me personally.

Maybe, one day, I'll find a better challenge for you.

Til then its:

2:0 for you :bow

Now I go and edit my signature.

ARGH!

And yes you look 'fat'! J/k buddy!! :calm

Wow,

what can I say.

I honestly didn't expect you getting it THAT fast.

Knowing EXACTLY how hard that stock is makes that video to one of my favourites maybe the #1 for me personally.

Maybe, one day, I'll find a better challenge for you.

Til then its:

2:0 for you :bow

Now I go and edit my signature.

ARGH!

And yes you look 'fat'! J/k buddy!! :calm

Thanks a lot Franky! I wasn't sandbagging, my wrist just decided to cooperate with me today. All I could think of after that bend was the fact that there are guys who have done WAY harder DU. Dave Ostlund with his awesome .323" Drill Rod DU, Big Steve with a Grand Bastard at the BBB1, Martin Kotte's Huge Bastard, Booyah's crazy Mag Bastard, and Gazza's Huge Shiny. Those are just the ones I can think of right now.

I think that if I spent a year bringing up my overall strength that I'd hit some huge bends all styles. But I won't do that. If I had more time in the day, maybe.

You know I'm a terrible deadlifter, so that would be the challenge. :blush Although I probably wouldn't accept the challenge-haha-because the desire is not there.

You'll get that 6" Red DU soon! And oh what a feeling it is when it starts to bend.

The tape that you put on those Reds for shipping might have given me an unfair advantage because the Red stuck to the pads better. :laugh I had ideas of attempting a Hexabastard after the 6" Red but decided against it. I'm not nearly that strong.