Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Just seeing what happens when I max out.

Monday

Vulcan Gripper

Usual warm ups

L/H: L12 x 1 rep, L14 x 1,1,1,0,0 gone

R/H: L16 x 1 rep, L18 x 1,1,1,1, enough

I saw a video today which I have no great desire to watch again and to which I will not be linking to here which is quite by the most 'off' thing I have ever seen. My mind is still boggling.

Tuesday

Seated Press

60-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 4 reps (could have done more) 110-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

DB Curls

10-kilos (12) @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos (22) @ x 8 reps, 31-kilos (33) x 3 x 8 reps

TPD

40-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 2 x 8 reps

Wednesday

All aches and pains so all the heavy reps were shaky. Not because of a lack of hand strength but probably back issues

2HP

Gloves on to plus 50-kilos (72) x 1 rep then I worked to 103-kilos (plus 83-kilos) x 4 x 1 reps holding the last one for time.

A quick word on the mindset: As per an interview with Jedd Johnson when I said 'Jedd you're well know for your intensity' etc and he replied 'I've been known to growl and drool' you can also check David huffing and puffing as he works himself up on his record breaking pinch efforts on youtube. Like them I'm all 'win, win, win, wanna be world champ, wanna kick ass, lightweight'. It's all whatever gets the job done. On other days it's nothing at all. I just lean back, clear the mind, squat down, snap and pull (as per Saturday) just knowing I can do it and that's all there is to it.

Edited by mobsterone

Thursday

C G Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 180-kilos x 4 x 1 reps Only 2nd was a little off. There was more there but I'm saving it for the 20th. I'll write up the plan for the day nearer the time.

s/setted with

LPD

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

Steve,

I know it might not be on your radar but have you contemplated Bench Press Comps? At "your age" a raw 180kg (paused, obviously)would be pretty competitive I'd have thought, though I've not checked the records across the different feds - indeed it would be a good lift in the open too.

Just a thought, another string to the bow sort of jobbie.

Too many aches and pains in the long term for my liking. I hope to get a touch n go 200-kilos bench in 9 days time.

Thursday pm

Torsion grippers

Usual warm ups

L/H: BBGM x 1 rep, CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x VVN, VVN, TnG (maybe a 'touch n go' hence TnG), VVN

R/H: HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, Easy 4 x 1 rep, 4.01 rated 4 x TnG, VVN, TnG

Friday

Some work

2HP

gloves on

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep

gloves off

plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 81-kilos (103) x 4 x 1 rep. Small tears at the base of each thumb so called it a day.

Too many aches and pains in the long term for my liking. I hope to get a touch n go 200-kilos bench in 9 days time.

Steve are there any set rules for the bench event - i.e. will touch and go be allowed? Also do you know if elbow sleeves are allowed?

Also i agree with Chris you could kick arse if you did a bench comp. I don't know many guys hitting 180kg RAW. 2 people where i train and we've got some big boys there.

Nick said with a pause and no sleeves but I'm not pausing and I am wearing sleeves. There's no trophy so screw pausing etc.

Saturday

Seated BB press

60-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 112.5-kilos/248lbs x 4 x 1 reps (multiple single PB)

DB Curls Hammer style

10-kilos (12) @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos (22) @ x 8 reps, 32.5-kilos (scaled at 35.8-kilos / 78.92lbs) @ 3 x 6 reps

TPD

40-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

Later on the lads had the tape out. Chest well over 50 (51-52 although Paul says we had it wrong and I could have got 55), forearm (cold) 16, right upper arm (cold 19.5 and with a slight pump 20.

Sunday

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 15 reps

Leg Curl

30-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 7 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos @ x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps (velcro belt on), 400-kilos x 8 reps (belts on), 600-kilos x 8 reps (plus wraps), 750-kilos x 8 reps (as before).

400 sans wraps was ok but felt it in the knees. I went to 600-kilos with belt etc on to see how I felt (was easy) so rested and went to max. Max was hard but doable.

Monday

Vulcan Gripper work

I might do pinch later or tomorrow

usual warm ups

L/H: L12 x 1 rep, L14 x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: L16 x 1 rep, 18 x 4 x 1 reps. I accidentally did a L14 x 1 rep and it sooooo easy :D

Monday pm

2HP

(gloves on) equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep (took gloves off), plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 81-kilos (103) x 6 x 1 reps. Hard work but doable.

Tuesday

It was ALL hard work today. But it's also the last days training before the 20th. I'll do some stretching only tomorrow.

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 182.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

LPD

70-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 152.5-kilos x 3 x 6 reps

Just for you chaps!!

Whey Power Challenge

Nice seeing everyone as always. I hit a 190-kilo PB (12.5 better than the 177.5 from last year and an in the gym 5-kilo PB) which was the heaviest of the day. Cool :D I also tried 200-kilos which came down under control, moved 4 inches off the chest and then I'd still be pushing now without it moving ha ha.

I had a go at the strict curls failing at 66-kilos but this was as I knew it might be - mad hard on any aches, pains and strains.

Finally and after the Xmas dinner (thanks to Mike and Nick (and a little bit of Kye's dad) - cheers guys) I had a crack at the Vulcan 20mm set. I equalled Paul Knights level 19 20mm close, then having missed a level 20 with the block had a successful crack at a wide set level 20. Videos etc to follow.

Back after a very nice day spent with my daughter and son-in-law. Also met up with the other parents, took photos with my grand daughter and so on.

Having done very well, ta much, on the CG Bench (making 190-kilos (touch n go style) and missing 200 and lifting the most on the day on that lift) and then post xmas dinner with the crew hitting Level 19 20mm set on the Vulcan Gripper I had a day or 3's rest. But working the grind stone is what keeps me ahead of the rest of the baying wolves so...

Wednesday/xmas eve

Did some work (packing orders) then

Vulcan Gripper work

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L12 x 1 rep, L14 x 2 x 1 reps, L15 x 1, VVN, VVN

R/H: L16 x 1 rep, L18 x 1 rep, L19 x VVN, VVN, VN

2HP (thick)

Started with the 70mm (2 x 15-kilo plates and heavy pin)

+30-kilos x 6 reps, +50-kilos x 3 reps, +70-kilos x 1 rep

Changed to 67mm/90-kilo plate

6 x 1 reps, then 2 reps, then 3 reps, then a 5-second hold (no belt etc so harder on the body than the hands) x 1 to finish. Borderline deep meat burn.

Bwt (same set up as before but sans boots): 290lbs

Monday

packed orders and did grippers/plate wrist curls. Cold (2c max today). Wore gloves apart from grippers and some max effort work on PWC's.

Torsion Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: GM x 1 rep, CoC 3 x 1 rep (more of a cupped hand set and yet still closed), then BBE x VVN, TNG, TNG, VVN, VVN

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, 'E'4 x 1 rep, 4.01 rated 4 x 3 x 1 reps (last one blipped 2x as I wasn't sure I had it). I was very happy with grippers considering a) the cold and b) I'd been ill.

Super setted with

Plate Wrist Curls

As I've not done these before I took loads of notes and it was very much a feeler session.

B/H: warmed up with 5-kilos each (9-inch dia) x 6 reps, 5-kilo plus light pin x 2-3 @, 10-kilos (11-inch dia) x 3 @ (note - hard but doable for left hand). I had a pair of gloves on during all reps thus far.

L/H: 10-kilos (9.64 scaled) x 2 x 3 reps (total of 3 x 3)

R/H: 11.25-kilos + LP (12.6 on scale) x 3 hard reps, 15-kilos (13.75-inch dia) x bomb :D, 10-kilos x 2 x 1.25-kilo discs (a 2.5kilo plate getting in the way of my thumb/total scaled 13.9kg) + LP x 3 hard reps (may stay with this for session as these were the most untidy). I also taped a 20-kilo disc as being 16.75-inches dia

Monday pm

I have some stuff to do tomorrow (I try and do all my little errands on Tuesdays) and feeling a lot better etc I was off a mind to give the old one hand deadlift with a hook grip a tester session and so I did. I went over to my gym and was about to set up when I thought 'hang on I haven't seen the gang at Gymnation for 2 weeks AND it's bound to be a bit warmer (they have a big warm air blower).

It was a bit warmer... but the blower was broken. Still nice to see everyone etc

One hand dead lift - hook grip

A good session, as can be seen. I haven't done this, I think, since the 2006 British yet beat my old left hand PB and matched my right. Not bad at all... in fact a bloody good sign for 2009. Through out the earlier warm-up sets I would flip between standard grip and hook grip (1 rep standard, 1 hook, 1 standard and so on). I also taped my thumbs, still getting a very small tear in the left on the last heavy set. I was doing all bar the very last heavy reps touch n go style (so fast).

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps (3/3)@, 100-kilos x 4 reps (2/2) @, 140-kilos x 1 rep @, 160-kilos x 1 rep @, then a very nice (and held briefly as though waiting for the refs down signal) 180-kilos (not scaled) x 1 rep @. Those watching thought 160 and 180 were very nice with phrases like (now you go try it with two hands John etc)

Bwt: 284.5lbs

Tuesday

CG Bench

started with a 10-degree incline but found this irritated the shoulder more not less (might play with decline next time) so after warming up switched to flat. I was also not that happy with the speed of the speed benching (heavy sets only). It's been that long said fibres need waking up as it were.

10-degree work: bar x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, flat 140-kilos x 2, 1, 1, 1 reps

LPD

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilo x 8 reps, 140-kilos (stk) x 3 x 5 explosive reps (happy with these0

Bwt: starting to creep back up post illness. Motions, as it were, 95% normal

Been neglecting my GB log...

Damn this cold weather!! I did my usual Tuesday errands following a very good Monday for the company so training was later than usual. I also realized I'd done a workout or two ass about face so did grippers today. But I was well off my usual level due to the hands being so cold even with gloves. So I dropped down a notch and also went back with the working grippers to my much warmer house where I did the following:

Tuesday

Torsion Gripper work

Usual warm-ups to

L/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 0, N, N, dropped back to CoC 3 (in house) VN, 0, 1, 1, 1, VVN, 1, VVN, 1, VVN (10 attempts in total)

R/H: HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, 'easy' 4 x 1 rep, 4.01 rated 4 x VN... dropped back to easy 4 and set myself a target of 10 singles (all done in house). 10 x 1 reps done :D

On another topic one of the members of Muscle Talk created this banner which I liked:

monstergrip.jpg