Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

oops i ment video your daily lifts then post a link directly here on this page. i always try to click on something you have underlined hoping to see a video but you never have any, im sure others would enjoy this too.

rico

I'm being daft. Show me where and obviously if I can learn to link within the videos I will. Or did you mean here in my posts?

Edited by mobsterone

;):) :) :)Yea I ment in your post like when you do vbar or whatever put it on your youtube page and put the link on your post for what you did that day. You don't have to edit it just get a tripod put it in the corner of your ome gym and hit record then upload it with the date. To your utube page ,then post that link on your post for the day. Rico

And you do underline all the exersizes just not your reps and sets

Tuesday pm

The moon and stars were in alignment tonight. Yesterday was a moody day for pinching and so so for grippers, this morning 'ok' for shoulders and arms... but tonight I was on fire! The following are events in the up-coming Chad Woodhall competition which has a big cash prize.

2"V-Bar

I checked the FBBC site to see what was a decent number and 275+ pounds is good with 290lbs as the top number on that site (might be a tad more elsewhere). I don't have a 2" bar in my gym I could use (there's a 35-inch long one at Gymnation I can use). So I took a loading pin (tube not solid) and set it on blocks to get as close as possible to the 24" height required. It went thus (I did not weigh the pin but I think it's my 1.6kg one):

B/H: 15-kilos @, 30-kilos @,45-kilos @, and so on in 15-kilo jumps to 120-kilos (264lbs) @. Then I got a right hand single with 130-kilos (289.52lbs approx in total inc pin).

Old RT handle

My handle is quite stiff and I used a standard carabina and the same pin as before

B/H: 80-kilos @, 100-kilos @, 110-kilos @, 120-kilos @ (left hand solid as a rock). Then 5-kilos more blew the left hand for the evening (not injured just done).

R/H: carrying on 130-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 1 rep (on video) and then a solid 140-kilos x 1 rep (bloody camera did not film!!), a miss with 140-kilos (came off floor but just) and then a better but not as good as the first 140-kilos again (see video).

Tuesday pm

The moon and stars were in alignment tonight. Yesterday was a moody day for pinching and so so for grippers, this morning 'ok' for shoulders and arms... but tonight I was on fire! The following are events in the up-coming Chad Woodhall competition which has a big cash prize.

2"V-Bar

I checked the FBBC site to see what was a decent number and 275+ pounds is good with 290lbs as the top number on that site (might be a tad more elsewhere). I don't have a 2" bar in my gym I could use (there's a 35-inch long one at Gymnation I can use). So I took a loading pin (tube not solid) and set it on blocks to get as close as possible to the 24" height required. It went thus (I did not weigh the pin but I think it's my 1.6kg one):

B/H: 15-kilos @, 30-kilos @,45-kilos @, and so on in 15-kilo jumps to 120-kilos (264lbs) @. Then I got a right hand single with 130-kilos (289.52lbs approx in total inc pin).

Old RT handle

My handle is quite stiff and I used a standard carabina and the same pin as before

B/H: 80-kilos @, 100-kilos @, 110-kilos @, 120-kilos @ (left hand solid as a rock). Then 5-kilos more blew the left hand for the evening (not injured just done).

R/H: carrying on 130-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 1 rep (on video) and then a solid 140-kilos x 1 rep (bloody camera did not film!!), a miss with 140-kilos (came off floor but just) and then a better but not as good as the first 140-kilos again (see video).

Strong pulls Steve :rock You still need to get these lifts up some though to be at my level :tongue

I'm happy because it's the first time in about 5 months I've even tried. Imagine how strong I'll be soon... :tongue

I'm happy because it's the first time in about 5 months I've even tried. Imagine how strong I'll be soon... :tongue

I am looking forward to it :rock

Wednesday

adjustable Gripper

Harder than it needed to be 1) cos I was using mine again and 2) my hand were cold the whole time 3) got a little better towards the end.

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L12 x N, L10 x 1, L11 x 1l L12 x 1, L13 x VVN, 1, VVN, VN, dropped back to L12 x VN, VVN, then 5 x 1 reps

R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, L16 x N, 1, 1, 1, VVN, TNG?, L15 x VN, 1, 1, 1, TNG, 1, TNG

Rotator cuff work

Mine is the hardest of all those I've had a go on and it could still have been a notch higher all round. Paul's is 1-2 notches higher for me as is David's. Laine's, we think, is the easiest with perhaps Twig's being very close. These are all first batch versions and so those in batch 2 and with different strength springs will differ too.

Just casting my eye over the events for Chad's comp and they look good for you - the lottery of the medley (as it stands now with weights unannounced) aside Chad's strong events are yours too - of course, there are several "unknowable" factors what with Wade, Tex etc as possible competitors. Having the Pinch as the 4th event will make for interesting results.

I've just copied out all the events and over laps for the Peter Horne, British, Chad Woodhall and medley. Here's what I'll be grip training. I think it's die or win:

Torsion Grippers – parallel set 1 hand only

2HP using Euro set up at width of choosing

One Hand Deadlift using an Olympic Bar (with a hook grip)

Plate wrist curl - subject to rule decisions

2” Vertical Bar (FBBC bar will be used) – Strong hand only / 4 max attempts

Baby Inch for time

IM Rolling Thunder - (old seasoned handle) Strong hand only / 4 max attempts

IM Apollon’s Axel – Double Overhand (conventional style only) 4 max attempts

2 x 45lb (or 20kg+) plates and 3 x 25’s (or 3 x 10kgs)

This list is long enough and I'll be damned if I'll add even more so it had better do for the medley as well. I'll try to do 2-3 events at a time (a la DH style) and of course there's my chest, shoulders & arm and leg workouts too. I'll try some plate curls again later. After food... food!!! :D

That's some list!!

You can knock it down a bit though mind. Obviously specificity comes into play, but:

Grippers:

Torsion have carryover

Inch Hold, Rolling Thunder and Axle

Some similarities here - and past debates aside the wrist work from the Wrist Curls will be a help here, and these events will even help the 2" V-Bar.

Pinch

Euro and Plate Pinching, some carryover too - and one-hand work on the Euro set up might help as well.

One-Hand Deadlift.

You'll have to sort out your conventional deadlift though for the axle - you deadlift sumo don't you? I've seen the vids but cannot recall at the moment.

Sumo. You mention the wrist... true. The guys were doing timed thick bar holds behind the back and I easily equalled the time with 110-kilos and, to show off, turned my wrists in a few times so was almost wrist curling it. I then showed off again doing the same with the Baby Inch.

You're probably right about carry over as was evidenced by last nights efforts.

Wednesday pm

Plate wrist curl

B/H: 5-kilos x 10 reps @, 7.5-kilos x 3 reps @, 10-kilos x 3 reps @,

Formulator

equ x 10 reps, + 2.75-kilos x 8 reps, plus 5.5-kilos x 8 reps, plus 8.25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 9.25-kilos x 5, 5, 4 and an all out but not quite. Scaled at 12.6-kilos total.

Thursday am

Gymnation this morning. No training tomorrow (probably) cos we have a big ass delivery a-coming (a restock).

Leg Press

40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 20 reps, 120-kilos x 30 reps, 200-kilos x 50 reps (monster, monster pump during the last set). I'll stay with the volume until mid-late March. Then back to massive weights.

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 8 reps, 45-kilos x 8 reps, 55-kilos x 8 reps

easier on GN machine

Thick bar d/o hand deadlift (sumo)

70-kilos x 3 reps, 110-kilos x 3 r/p reps

Was dizzy after each rep on this but it was all about getting the ass down and keeping the lower back out of it as per for me.

Good sessions lately Steve. I don't agree with sumo not being allowed in the contest as it has been proved many times that it doesn't actually help you (grip wise) with the lockout of a 2'' bar.

Hmm. I'll see if I can adapt to 'conventional' but as Sam says neither test the hands more or less than the other. I'd prefer Sumo. My hands can hold a lot more than my back and legs can take.

Friday PM

Trained grippers this morning (was a little off) and then this evening, in spite of a busy'ish day went to the other gym (Gymnation) and did the following:

Two hand pinch (70mm thickness - see note)

set up (43.6-kilos) x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos (73.6) x 3 reps, plus 40-kilos (83.6) x 1 rep, plus 50-kilos (93.6) x 1 rep, plus 55-kilos (98.6) x 1 rep and then a PB on this set up and thickness of plus 60-kilos (103.6) x 1 rep, dropped back to 98.6-kilos and did 12 x 1 reps with it (roughed up the skin nicely). I decided to do 70mm as the last few times I've been killing myself too much with my regular width (44mm) etc so a change seemed a good idea. Seemed I was right.

Talking and chatting too much as per and then

2" V-Bar

Using the same 2" 35-inch long bar, but with my hand at the 24-inch height, as part of the set up as above and an Olympic collar (tapped to super tightness) and weighing 16.4-kilos on the gym scales I did the following:

Saturday

Started off with chest n' back

As before I'm still not benching (not since Dec 20th when I did a 190-kilo/418lbs single) due to r/shoulder problems. So...

At Gymantion

Pec dec

Cocked up by reading info from the session before last so...

16p x 8 reps, 35p x 8 reps, stack x 10 reps

s/set

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 22.5-kilos x 6 reps

Assisted Dips

-80lbs x 8 reps, -60lbs x 8 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps harder on triceps than chest which is good in light of the shoulder issues.

At my gym 10 mins or so later

Low row

70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps, 112.5-kilos x 6 reps ran out of steam so stopped.

Rest

One hand pinch

To finish I took a pair of 10-kilo plates outside and threw them from hand to hand until they dropped at 40-seconds.

Later on, with the rest of the lads doing their strongman training and me well refreshed I also had a go at cleaning our Baby Inch (53-kilos and a thick handle) and then did the 1min5 on the 2" bar beating a visitor. It was easy (I focused on a nail in the ceiling, my hands were dry and I felt good).

Do I ache? Of course. No training tomorrow. Just food.

Monday

Adjustable Gripper

Using mine (hardest of the few I've used)

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L11 x 1 rep, L12 x 1 rep, L13 x 1, N, N, VVN, VVN, L12 + 1 thick rubber band x 1, VVVN, VVN, 1, 1 rep (held for time)

R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, L16 x VVN, L13 (accident) x 1 rep, L16 x VVN, 1, VVN, VVN, L15 + 1 thick rubber band (as above) x VVN, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps