Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday

Shoulders, arms and RT work

Seated BB press (alt with machine session next time)

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 41.25-kilos e/s x 3 x 1 reps (all hard work)

EZ bar curls

10-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 22.5-kilos (45) e/s x 2 x 6 reps

TPD

30-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 83.75-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

RT (old handle / plates only)

Big ass weights :D

Wednesday

Plate wrist curls

Formulator work

equ x 10 reps, +2.75-kilos x 8 reps, plus 5.5-kilos x 8 reps, plus 8.25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 9.25-kilos x 6, 4, 4, reps (hard)

I was going to do some one hand deadlifts but my back is still sore from last nights workout so maybe tomorrow. I might so torsion grippers later.

Wednesday pm

Torsion grippers

2HP of 90-kilo for reps as per www.titlebash.com challenge

I started with what looks like an identical set up to Rob Framptons (see website video) and both were a little over 90-kilos and bashed out 5 reps in 3 or so seconds and then could not even move it.

Baring in mind I did pinch yesterday I wanted to see if I could do more using one of our 90-kilo disc and caned 4 reps which were all touch-n-go but again could do no more. Robs record is 10 in 60-seconds. I KNOW I can beat this but need to be fresh and ready to rock and roll. Rob looked worn out after his attempt so I know it's not easy.

Thursday am

Probably wont train this afternoon cos my thumbs are sore from the workout (I also could not find my tape) but the skin needs to toughen up some.

One hand deadlifts hook grip

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps @, 100-kilos x 2 reps @, 140-kilos x 1 rep @, 160-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: 185-kilos x 1 rep @ (equals Paul Savage's 185 r/h)

R/H: 187.5-kilos x 1 rep

I think I can do more soon but held off for another day.

Friday am

Did legs today... was b-r-u-t-a-l.

Leg Press

0-kilos x 10-12 reps per leg warm up, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 20 reps, 120-kilos x 30 reps, 240-kilos x 50 reps... my god this was HARD. 60 next time then up to 7 plates.

Leg Curls

25-kilos x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 8 reps, 45-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

On the flip side I had some very helpful good news last night. I'll do what I can with the opportunity.

Sunday

Just back from chest n' back. As per everything bar low rows at Gymnation.

Pec Dec

16-kilos x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 8 reps, stack x 2 x 8 reps

s/set with

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 6 reps

Ass Dips / Dips

-60lbs x 8 reps / bwt x 9 reps (will do more in time and then add weight if shoulder gives me no issues to worry about)

At Whey Gym

Low row

70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps, 112.5-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

Monday

Grr paypal are really annoying me today. I tried to move some money out on the 11th of an paypal account I have held for years only to be told today (baring in mind it was meant to be put INTO my bank account) that I have 'insufficient funds in the bank'. What?? I don't have enough in the bank to accept a deposit?? Are they morons?? I have more than enough but even if I did not I WANNA PUT MONEY IN NOT TAKE IT OUT!! MORONS!!

I should go train again cos I'm pissed off with them. Anyway I did this prior to calling my bank and paypal (getting a human operator is fun too... not).

One hand pinch

The left hand was hard work but I eventually got 'my hand in' ahem.

B/H: warm up with 2 x 15-kilo 'Alex' plates x 3 reps @

L/H: 2 15-kilo plates + light pin + 1.25-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: same set up + 5-kilos x 1, 1, 1, half, 1 (total weight about 36 or so kilos)

Blobs

On Saturday, having pinched, Jim Wylie asked me if I could do the blobs and I failed miserably before having another crack at it. Today, having pinched, I had no such problems. Tsk. :angry: Anyway

L/H: 20-kilo blob x 1, 1, 0, 0,

R/H: 20-kilo blob x 3 x 1 reps, upped to 25-kilo blob (23.80kg on scale) x 3 x 1 reps with a hold on the last one.

I then had a crack at the beast... 30-kilos... no go. I was able to do the 20 and 25 back to back again then that was me lot.

Another quick go at the 90-kilo for reps... not after blobs and pinching :D

Monday pm

Torsion Grippers

usual warm ups etc

L/H: VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN reps

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 3 x 1 reps, CoC 4 (4.01 rated) x VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN reps

Old handled RT work (weight is plates only)

B/H: straight in at 90-kilos x 1 rep @, 110-kilos x 1 rep @, 120-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: 125-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 1 rep

R/H: 136.25-kilos x 1, 1, 0, 0, reps

Tuesday am

I need to do some calculations of percentage of max because, as shown by today's workout, the both times I go t to around 170-kilos on either bar I hit a wall. The target will be 200-210-kilos / 440-462lbs

2.5-inch thick (hollow) d/o sumo deadlift

bar(14)+40-kilos x 6 reps, bar+90-kilos x 3 reps, bar+140 x 1 rep, bar+160-kilos (174) x 1 rep (was dizzy after)

2-inch thick (solid) d/o sumo deadlift

bar+40-kilos (70) x 1 rep, bar+ 80-kilos (110) x 1 rep, bar+120-kilos (150) x 1 rep, bar+140-kilos (170) x 0 reps (see above)

Tuesday pm

Machine press (alt with barbell as noted)

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack (90kg) x 8 reps, stack + 30-kilos x 8 reps (normal grip on this weight).

EZ curls

bar x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 6 reps

TPD

stack (about 100lbs as I could not get the pin in the last hole) x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 8 reps (all easy)

PS: a very helpful Brit GB members 2" FBBC vbar has just arrived along with an incredibly expensive MM replica gripper I might have a crack at as well. If I don't do well it wont be down to the lack of support. You :rock Mr mystery man. ;)

Both paul and I have a suspicion you might well get the expensive gripper from Mr Mystery Man. As for the 2"v-bar just practise and improve at the alarming rate which you seem to be accustomed to... :rock

Quick note re the v-bar - cos of the paint it's best done hands super dry a la the RT.

Wednesday am

Plate wrist curls

B/H: 5-kilos x 6 reps, 7.5-kilos x 3 reps, 10-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 15-kilos in plates on L/pin x 2 x 3 reps, felt strong on this so upped it to a 15-kilo plate and did 2 reps (of 3)

R/H: 15-kilos on L/pin x 3 reps, 15-kilo plate x 3, 15-kilo plate on L/pin x 2 (tried for 3 rep on both 1st and 2nd set), 2, 1

In between attempts I had a few single rep attempts on the newly arrived 2" FBBC V-Bar

R/Formulator work

2.75-kilos x 10 reps, 5.5-kilos x 8 reps, 8.25-kilos x 8 reps, 9.25-kilos x 3 x 5 reps (on every one the first 4 went quick but the last slllloooowwww rep... that was hard).

I did one attempt on the MM7 (dud) gripperwhich went to 3/4-inch. Considering I was working my hands hard on the other exercises I thought that was ok. But a few minutes later, having done the last working sets of the above I had another crack and got it to a 1/4-inch. I think it's doable and when I am rested, fresh, etc I'll crack it in half!!!

Edited by mobsterone

Wednesday pm

With the MM7 dud in my grubby paws only 18 hours or so it's job done and onwards to the next. It wasn't going to be a gripper session but I wanted to get this done. As follows:

Torsion Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: BBGM x 3 x 1 reps, CoC 3 x 3 x 1 reps. Instead of the BBE I did the HG350 thus: 3 x 1 reps Tried a 4th missed so stopped

R/H: BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, then 3 solid attempts inc a go at baby repping the MM7 dud. Job done.

Well Steve, that was freaking nasty strong :bow

good job, whats a baby rep though?