Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Nice seated press!!

Just wondering, what is the reason you don't do your presses standing? Your back?

Yep. Even on the two heaviest attempts (115 and 120) I had a slight cramping in my right lower back. Those two attempts were the only ones with my ass a little forward on the seat (set at about 85-degrees).

Wednesday

Worked in the am and trained lunchtime onwards. Cold - there was ice on the ground - so gloves on between attempts up to heavy set.

2HP

Started with towel over (single layer)

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep

No towel

plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 80-kilos (102) x 7 x 1 reps (held last one for time). Teeny weeny tear base of right thumb.

Edited by mobsterone

Thursday

I did the same weight on bench as the other day because I was not happy with the reps. Today went a whole lot better. Indeed I nearly doubled 172.5-kilos on two of the attempts.

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 172.5-kilos x 1e, 1, 1, 1e, 1e (e = easy rep) for 5 singles

LPD

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos (stack plus 10) x 3 x 7 reps

Hopefully not quite as long. Today the 3rd attempt moved out of the groove, back in and then was done. All the rest were solid 2-3 seconds max.

Thursday pm

Torsion Grippers

(hurt my arm less for some reason. Possibly because I tend not to bend arm so much)

Usual warm-ups

L/H: CoC 3 x 3 x 1 reps, BBE x VVN, VVN, VVN, VVVN, VVN (a couple might have been touch-n-go)

R/H: HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, Easy 4 x 1 rep, 4.01 4 x 1 )solid), 1 (TNG), VVN.

Good workout. Took some photos for a banner on a website I'm working on

Saturday

A strange day... I'm all aches and pains. The closer I get to the 20th event the more I seem to ache. My sciatica is full on, hips feel tight and the shoulders are stiff as hell in the morning. I went to Gymnation and did the following:

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 negs @

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 65 or 70-kilos (pin would not go in last hole) x 6 reps (could have been better form)

Leg Press

80-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 2 reps. Just did not feel right, back clicking and tight and so on. Stopped and called it a day.

So I could say an off day. I then went home, had a shake and opened the yard for the rest of the Saturday gang. I did little or nothing until Loz looked like he was gonna do some pinching. I said 'ok to join in?', got a nod and off we went.

2HP @ 44mm

equ (21.7) x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps (rowed), plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep. So far so good. Plus 80-kilos (101.7-kilos) x 1 rep (nice n solid) . Without much being said other than '2.5-kilos a side more?' up we went went. So plus 85-kilos or 106.7-kilos solid as you like for a rep equalling my old PB. Loz has a 111.8-kilos PB so we stripped off the odds and sods and made it 111.7-kilos WHICH WE BOTH GOT!!! I may have got carried away at this point with us both giving it large about what we'd do next year (''120kg come May'' and so on). ANOTHER 5-kilos was added taking it over the official world record to 116.7-kilos. Loz had a go at it but it wasn't budging... but I got air under it!! Ok I failed to lock out but DAMNMNNNNNN!!!! I was as taken aback as anyone. Loz took another pop and missed it again. We weighed the set up including taking it back to the previous weight to double check etc. Loz then added 1-kilo to the 111.7-kilo set up but we were done and dusted and I could not budge it at all. Given how achey I felt before and indeed am now I am shocked at how good a session it was. Plus neither of us had any skin damage at all. The only reason I failed the 116.7-kilos was it started to slip that one time.

A very good days pinching if piss poor for legs.

As David Horne said after saying 'well done' he added 'now you need to do it in competition'.

Sunday

Went bed early waking when it was dark only to realize I'd only been asleep for an hour and a half ha ha. Back off to sleep waking at 4am!! So I had a shake and some more sleep. As per I eventually managed to get to the gym at about 1020am and was very busy talking... yet still managed a good bench session.

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 175-kilos x 1 rep. Caned it. So much so instead of sticking to the 'I'll do 4 x 1 with 175-kilos' I decided to have another 'see where it goes' session. So 180-kilos was once again CANED! Still feeling good and by now had stopped pullovers. The clock was ticking (ie: nearly closing time) and 185-kilos was loaded... and up she went. Another new PB and it was the only vaguely shaky rep of the day. I will almost certainly want to put up at least 190-kilos come the 20th.

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps. I'd intended going to plus 30-kilos for 6-8 but see above.

185-kilos was loaded... and up she went.

Congrats Steve! :rock

Massive pinch Steve! 120kg come May ... well if it keeps going your way i can't see why not.

185kg is a massive bench aswell def. wanna see AT LEAST 190kg on the 20th.

:rock

Laying in the bath a few minutes ago I realized what I had done this week. Shut a 4 with my right (again) and an Elite with my left (first time), pressed overhead 120-kilos, almost pinched 116 getting a new PB of 111.7-kilos and benched yesterday 185-kilos. It's been a good week...