Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

The response to my closing the No 4 COC gripper has been very, very good. Me likee. :D

Friday

Rushing round like a blue arsed fly... bank, house, gym, warehouse... busy, busy.

Seated Press machine

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 6 reps, plus 120-kilos x 2 (saving myself for next set)), plus 160-kilos (all the machine will hold) x 3 reps (will work on reps for a few weeks). Here's a youtube video from my mobile:

I had 4 guys cheering me on which was cool :D

DB hammer Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 3 x 7 reps (best set was last one)

TPD

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 8 reps, plus 55-kilos x 6 hard reps. Pulleys etc felt stiff but the press might have tired me out a little...??

Friday pm

Torsion gripper work

To double whammy the last sessions success. I need to do three sessions. Vulcan Gripper work, power gripper work (hardest ones closed a few times) and CCS/weak points/ volume work.

Also I did some RT work yesterday which I did not log.

usual warm ups

I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have gone missing or been deleted. PM a mod and ask them. Baring in mind one part of the answer is a matter of record (there's a photo) and the other was witnessed by GB members it's damned annoying to ONCE AGAIN have my log edited without so much as a question, PM, whathaveyou.

Monday

PO first as rack was being used

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 21.25-kilos x 2 x 6 reps. On the first set I had to restart when the 20-kilo disc fell off and landed on my lap. It could have been quite painful

CG Bench

I need to change the routine. My so-called volume weight felt damned heavy and was probably too close to my new max day weight (162.5). Whereas the warm ups were stupidly easy and felt very light.

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 155-kilos x 3, x 2. 140-kilos x 4 reps again.

NB: text Tommy from GN next time I work bench as he wants to train with me.

Edited by mobsterone

Thursday

RT work

Friday

More grippers

Saturday

I was a little 'hows' this gonna go?' following last nights gripper efforts. Both today (Sunday as I type this) and yesterday (Saturday) I woke with my hands, but especially my right, tired and feeling tight. But my usual coffee, a decent warm up and my whateverwordIchoosetorighthereed up desire to rise up as high as I can got me a good work out.

2HP @ 44mm / Euro set

I changed the loading pin to a slightly shorter one which is less bent than the other two I've used. I weighed the set up, inc collars, post workout and it came to 21.7-kilos.

Equ x 6 reps

plus 30-kilos x 3 reps

plus 60-kilos x 1 rep

plus 70-kilos x 1 rep

plus 80-kilos x 1 rep

plus 81.25-kilos x 0, then 2 x 1 reps

plus 82.25-kilos x 1 rep

plus 83.25-kilos x off the floor but not locked out. I decided to miss out on seeing what my max was cos that wasn't happening after two sessions on the '4' etc this week. Back to a little volume.

plus 82.25-kilos x 8 x 1 reps (plus the one above). The last 2-3 singles took a while because two guys came in and picked up some protein so were roughly 5 mins apart. Any longer and I'd have wanted to warm up again or stop. 82.5-kilos plus 21.7-kilos = 103.95-kilos or 229.16lbs approx. A few more sessions like this and I want to get 107.5-kilos at the BHSA event on November 8th. Then I want to move up pass Jedd to 110-kilos either in December or early in the new year.

Post, post, post workout 'challenge'.

Having needed to go to the house towards the end of the afternoon (event training for the rest of the gang is around noon to 3pm 'ish) when I came back they had decided to finish up on some 'behind the back holds for time'.

The last time this had come up I beat H by holding 180-kilos for a little longer than he did. Today I came back to 220-kilos or 5 plates each side of the bar. Baring in mind I was more or less cold having done nothing for 2 ours than spot or load etc I put on my belt, chalked up and with Loz's 20 seconds total as a target gave it a shot.

Man I should have warmed up. It wouldn't have taken long. I was able to lock my hands in well enough and picking it up wasn't that bad although I wish I'd put the support belt on under the lifting belt. Even the first 10-15 seconds was ok. But then I got a massive cramp in my right thigh (both legs still sore, even today, from the leg workout). Then my hands started to open. A little trick of putting some chalk on the first 2-3 fingers when the thumb would anchor itself paid off as I was, more or less, hanging on by my fingertips. As soon as Loz said 'that's it' down the whateverwordIlikecangohereer went.

I was ok but after doing some work on the PC while food was cooking about 20-30 mins after the lift I heard a pot boil dry, leapt from my chair and legged it into the kitchen only for my back to spasm like a bitch. I was then on my hands and knees for a minute while Paul switched the pan off. OUCH!! OUCH!! OUCH!! Man it hurt but didn't take too long to recover from. Phew.

I've said it before and as was repeated by Loz when he said 'I like Steve he likes a challenge' but it is all too easy to do this stuff cold and then hurt myself so I do try and keep it to a minimum. Esp close to a competition.

Edited by mobsterone

I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have gone missing or been deleted. PM a mod and ask them. Baring in mind one part of the answer is a matter of record (there's a photo) and the other was witnessed by GB members it's damned annoying to ONCE AGAIN have my log edited without so much as a question, PM, whathaveyou.

Monday

PO first as rack was being used

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 21.25-kilos x 2 x 6 reps. On the first set I had to restart when the 20-kilo disc fell off and landed on my lap. It could have been quite painful

CG Bench

I need to change the routine. My so-called volume weight felt damned heavy and was probably too close to my new max day weight (162.5). Whereas the warm ups were stupidly easy and felt very light.

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 155-kilos x 3, x 2. 140-kilos x 4 reps again.

NB: text Tommy from GN next time I work bench as he wants to train with me.

There was probably a word a mod didn't like in my original reply. Good lord. I'll PM you.

MM1 certs arrived today - thanks to all concerned - me like :D

Monday pm

You take a week off something and MAN is is hard when you go back.

Vulcan Grippers

Tuesday am

V hard session and stopped when I got no more than the double

2HP @ 44mm

Tuesday pm

Just back from the gym to an interesting PM from Chad Woodhall. Very, very interesting. All will be revealed if said idea goes ahead.

LPD (back thickening)

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 3 x 7 reps (loose), 140-kilos x 7 reps (strict)

Wednesday am

Shoulders and arms

Seated Machine Press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 6 reps, plus 150-kilos x 5 reps

After I showed the guys that although the weight looks massive when I took the pin out of the stack I could do the weight with 1 arm. I got a few to do 100-kilos added (no stack weight) easily.

Hammer d/b curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 3 x 8 reps (PB)

Told some silly sod off on a running machine. He wasn't impressed.

Tricep Pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

Thursday

CG Bench - max

60-kilos x 8 reps

100-kilos x 6 reps

140-kilos x 1 rep

165-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

1st 2 were hard (mostly through sticking point) and then last two just hardish (right arm leading and ass hovering/touch-n-go over bench).

Thursday lunch time

RT work

This is annoyingly hard to progress on.

Stopped.

Jumped in with Loz on 2HP at 48mm*

Set up (22.2-kilos)

*NB: both agreed to try 46mm another time Loz also tried 114.7 but it wobbled only.

Friday

Legs

Leg extension

80-kilos x 10 reps, 120-kilos x 10 reps, negs only 100-kilos x 6 reps @

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Press

120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 8 reps, 700-kilos x 7?? reps (lost count)

Bwt: 281lbs

2HP

Started at close to 48mm (for the life of me I couldn't get it to 46mm which I think would be better).

48mm

44mm

Congrats, Grandad, you da man...but we all know Mum and Grandmum did all the real work!

Seriously tho, there's a new addition to my thoughts tonight.

Congrats. :)

Just back from seeing my first grand child: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6779/dscf3147wj0.jpg

Congrats Steve! Boy or girl?

Girl

Congrats, Grandad, you da man...but we all know Mum and Grandmum did all the real work!

Seriously tho, there's a new addition to my thoughts tonight.

Ta.

Congrats. :)

Cheers.

He'd like that but I might end up as the strongest grand dad on the board. There's life in the old dog yet!