Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Steve : i know how bad its to have back problems because i treat them all the time.

Sven Carlsson(WSM contender) used one "machine" to help him to solve some strong back problems with lots of results.

U can see the machine if u watch his video : "viking power" , sorry dõnt know the name.

This machiñe its quite expensive though.

Back as stiff as ever but 3 x 200mg Ibuprofen and a good deal of warming up helped.

Wednesday

Thick pinch

CG Bench

20-kilos x 8 fast reps

60-kilos x 8 reps

100-kilos x 6 reps

150-kilos x 2 x 4 reps

152.5-kilos x 2 x 3 reps

It's not any easier but I'm still making progress. Unlike my back...

Thursday

My back was playing me up too much today. I couldn't push from the hole on the heavy set of leg presses, was barely able to straighten my left leg out on leg extensions or any of the leg press sets and so on. To see if it helped I did a little inversion boot work (2 x 1 mins) at the end of the workout.

Leg Ext

0-kilos x 12 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 180 x 6 plus 1 r/p rep

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x zilch (moved but other plates stuck to it and I was actually leg curling 75-kilos for 1/2 a rep before they dropped. After that I could not budge 60 or 55-kilos at all.

Leg press (using pad as before)

120-kilos x 8 painful reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 600-kilos x zilch.

L/P/D

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 155-kilos x 3 x 7 reps*

Inversion boot hangs

2 x 1 min hangs

* shows that my leg problems are all back related as I felt good n strong on these.

Thursday

My back was playing me up too much today. I couldn't push from the hole on the heavy set of leg presses, was barely able to straighten my left leg out on leg extensions or any of the leg press sets and so on. To see if it helped I did a little inversion boot work (2 x 1 mins) at the end of the workout.

Leg Ext

0-kilos x 12 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 180 x 6 plus 1 r/p rep

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x zilch (moved but other plates stuck to it and I was actually leg curling 75-kilos for 1/2 a rep before they dropped. After that I could not budge 60 or 55-kilos at all.

L/P/D

Inversion boot hangs

2 x 1 min hangs

* shows that my leg problems are all back related as I felt good n strong on these.

Thursday

Leg Ext

Leg Curl

L/P/D

Inversion boot hangs

2 x 1 min hangs

well I really don't know if this will help any but whenever I have used machines they have hurt my lower back more than free weights, do you squat at all or do deadlifts maybe start at about 70 percent and work your way up with free weights.

Saturday

Is my back still gippy? Of course it bloody well is! Never-the-less...

CG Bench Press

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 152.5-kilos (335lbs) x 4 x 3 reps

supersetted with

2HP @ 44mm

Contest... Nov 8th the BHSA are having an event and part of that is contesting the 2 hand pinch. I'd work had on it anyway because I'm now aiming for 110-kilos.

I have, I think, 7 identical logs (two by request of the admin). But I've had posts here edited because I've used swear words. Recently a link to my blog was removed because... quote: your blog was deemed to be ''too commercial''. I'm not gonna go off on one but if you wanna know what I'm doing you know where to look and it ain't here. You're welcome to drop in at any of the other places and post etc.

That said I had a passing thought this morning. For years I wondered why some of those I consider my main competition did not post a training log. No log from David, Nick, Jedd, Chad and so on. But other than the actual weights they'd lift you'd learn very little from the sets and reps schemes.

Edited by mobsterone

But other than the actual weights they'd lift you'd learn very little from the sets and reps schemes.

What should I learn anyway?

We are not dealing with rocket science here.

Applying is way harder and more important than learning imho.

Your log is still appreciated though. :)

Sunday

The lord might have rested on the seventh day (might have been a Wednesday but what the hell) but this sinner was in the gym as per kicking his own butt.

Vulcan Gripper

Forgot the sheet again but fortunately I'd made notes last time so (subject to double checking ha ha)

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 2 x 7 reps

Straight arm pulldowns on cable machine

60lbs x 12 reps, 80lbs x 12 reps, stack (105) x 2 x 10 reps

Well your log is entertaining.

You shouldn't have said that, now he will start to think that he has a fan club. He doesn't need a bigger ego!

:D

Sunday pm

And lo, sayeth the lord, it be'eth time to train again. Verily, sayeth Steve and he did pour forth great effort...

Rolling Thunder (thumb over)

Using the light pin (not inc in weights mentioned)

Edited by mobsterone

Monday

Shoulders and arms*

Seated Machine Press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 6 reps, plus 75-kilos x 6 reps

DB Curls (s/s with TPD) Hammer style

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos (60.5)@ x 3 x 6 reps.

TPD

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 55-kilos (105+121 = 226lbs) x 2 x 6 reps. One of the young black lads tried to move the load but was so light (it weighed more than he did) that he was able to hang of the handle without budging it.

*taped right upper arm cold at a little over 19.25" flexed. After the session I taped it at 20" as per last time.

Bwt: 282.5lbs

Tuesday

Thick pinch (70mm and 67mm)

CG Bench Press

bar x 12 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 152.5-kilos x 4, 4, 3, 3 reps

Tuesday pm

Vulcan gripper work

Thursday

Started at GN. Weird workout to say the least. The lower back thing is what it is and I was having to lean over to the right to lock out my left leg. I used the 'pushing off the safeties' thing throughout in case of problems. I doubt very much if I actually locked out my left left once but had a good session just the same. Note that the lever row work was, relatively speaking, easy because I can max the maxhine. This is why I did a follow up session at my gym and the same applies to the leg extension.

Leg Extension

120-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos a leg x 8 reps

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 4 reps, 65-kilos x 3 reps

Leg Press

took my sweet time and all sets bar zero weight are 'off safeties'.

0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 320-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 8 reps, 480-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 8 reps, 680-kilos x 10 reps, tried 730-kilos but it would not budge.

Lever machine rows

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack (20 plates) x 2 x 10 reps

My gym

Lat Pulldowns v-bar

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 155-kilos x 2 x 8 reps and 1 x 7 reps

Leg extension

145-kilos / stack x 8 reps, 180-kilos x 8 reps

Thursday pm

I was off a mind to do some 105-kilo for multiple singles but while the mind was saying yes the body had other ideas...

2HP

Friday

CG Bench press

test my strength session

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep, 170-kilos x 1 rep, 172.5-kilos x 0 reps.

Nice lifting!

But do you use some kind of invisible ink? I can't see all info from your training. Especially the grip related stuff.

:D