Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Saturday

Rolling Thunder (light pin)

B/H: 45-kilos @ x 8 reps, 75-kilos @ x 3 reps

L/H: 91.25-kilos x 6 of 7 singles (6 x 1 and 1 missed)

R/H: 102.5-kilos x 1, 1, missed. Dropped to 101.25-kilos x 1, 1, 1e, 1e, 2e!, 3e!!

NB: e = easy. Right hand v strange. As can be seen it was stupidly hard to get started and while I was getting the attempts they were hard. But about half way though, for whatever reason, they got easier and easier. I wish I knew why!!

Bwt: 284lbs at GN

Sunday

Nowt. Back was a bitch this morning and I had a spasm putting my socks on. Grrr Also need to rest.

Monday

shoulders and arms

Started at 9.30am and finished at 11.00am.

Seated machine press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 60-kilos* x 8 reps, stack plus 90-kilos* x 6 reps, stack plus 105-kilos* x 8 reps

* On the very first set I noticed, as per when Phils been on it, that the handles weren't going all the way down. Basically I'm too tall to use the machine and have to squirm and squeeze to get under the handles. Phil added a 10-kilo plate under the lever arm to raise it 35mm (thickness of the plates). I removed it to begin with then added it back in for the stack plus weights sets. That way the handles came down to shoulder height at the bottom of the movement rather than lower. It makes a bity of difference as can be seen. My previous PB was +105-kilos x 3 hard fought reps. Now 8. I also felt quite 'strange' during the movement. But in a good way as though I was about to kick some serious ass.

DB Curls hammer style

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17/17.5-kilos@ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos x 3 x 8 reps**

** new PB. It also seems the more I do the stricter I'm getting. Same nice pump as before (20" right upper flexed) arm). I tried some H-bar style curls (using a Hampton bar) before but didn not like them. I'm thinking of doing the strict curl event at xmas but we'll see.

Bent over rope hand tricep extension

70lbs x 10 reps, stack x 10 reps, stack plus 15-kilos x 3 x 10 reps. I think I could have done more but, once again, the issue of my now pumped delts pressing on the side of my neck as my arms extend came into affect. This leaves me dizzy post set. I also needed, on the last set, help to pull the lot over and got Malcolm to put his hand between my shoulder blades to hold me in position.

Bwt: 20st 2.5lbs / 282.5lbs

Monday pm

Having had a good session in the am I was, once I got into the groove, able to continue it later.

Torsion Spring Grippers

B/H: usual warm ups

Wednesday

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 155-kilos x 3 reps (last one v tough), 160-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

supersetted with

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 7, 7, 5 reps

Bwt: 282.5lbs

Thursday

Leg Extension

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 185-kilos x 6 reps and then to beat Sam 190-kilo x 6 reps

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos x 8-12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 8 reps, 660-kilos x 6 reps (last 2 sets off of big pad).

All giant setted

2HP

Very stiff now lower back, having just had a long snooze to rest. I also did some blob work before pinching. 44lbs took a few reps to get the groove greased and then did Paul's 25-kilo blob (it arrived yesterday and of course I've done David Horne's 50-pounder before) right handed but could not budge the 30-kilo blob. I did get it up using the working right hand and index finger and thumb of my left hand. I also did an easy pull with the 90-kilo disc which Sam, Paul and at one point Loz as well were playing with.

Some remedial Turkish Get-up work may help the lower back, especially if synergy is at fault? :unsure

Some remedial Turkish Get-up work may help the lower back, especially if synergy is at fault? :unsure

The right has stiffened up in reaction to 1) mad leg work and 2) compensating for the sciatic nerve pain I get in the left.

nice Blob work right there

Cheers. The 30-kilos / 66lbs blob seems to be unreal but we'll see. Paul's Blobs do have what feels like a 'gritty' but not gritty skin to them. Like very, very fine but grippy paint. That said they're all the same with chalk on so.

Saturday

CG Bench

bar x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 152.5-kilos x 4 x 3 reps

RT work

later on

Baby Inch (both hands), normal inch (both) and then Millennium lifts (x 2 and only right handed - there's a video of one of the lifts). It used to be the case that I needed 12 weeks to get back to where I was with the heavy thick handled bells but now I can do it when asked. I was more happy with the third Inch lift which, as per Paul's comment, I was just about hanging onto with my fingertips.

Sunday

Was stupidly stiff, bent over etc on rising but loosened up etc before gym.

Seated press machine

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 6 reps, plus 110-kilos x 6 reps, plus 140-kilos x 4 or 5 reps (see youtube video)

D/B Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 6, 6, 5 reps

Tricep Pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 8 reps, plus 55-kilos x 2 x 8 reps - NB: 10-kilo plate fell off half way through first set and landed on my foot. It $&%ing hurt!!

Bwt: 283.5lbs

Add the seated press video from today to the youtube account:

Monday

Grippers - torsion style

usual warm ups

Focus and or energy was off. Will take tomorrow off.

Wednesday

Leg day (maybe back too)

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 10 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, I then switched to one leg at a time 80-kilos x 8 reps @, 100-kilos x 6 reps @ (both sets I alternated each leg).

super setted with

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 6 reps

Leg Press

120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 440-kilos x 8 reps, *690-kilos x 8 reps

* new PB, only set pushed off of safeties and with wraps on etc.

Wednesday

Just 40 mins later or so...

Lat Pulldowns

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120 or 140-kilos (??) x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 3 x 6 reps.

Nearly accidentally tried to pull 180-kilos as I'd loaded 2 x 20-kilo plates on the machine.

An interesting session so grip info left in. I'll be checking the videos later on.

Wednesday pm

I suppose this was my third workout today. The last time I did something this ass crazy was the day (was a Sunday) I did the 'all day arm routine' with Louis.

But... it was a very, very good session.

CG Bench - heavy day

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep, 162.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps. My right shoulder (front delt), which has been aching most mornings, gave me a little 'gip' on the 100-kilo set but was ok with the singles.

s/set with

Torsion grippers

Because Paul had the camera handy and I was in the mood I did the following. It must be born in mind though that I did torsiopn grippers yesterday.

B/H: usual warm ups then

L/H: GM x 1 v easy rep, CoC 3 x 1 easy rep. HG350 x 1 easy rep. RB 330 x VVN, VVN, VVN

Got some good sets so

R/H: warmed up with CoC 3, BBE, BBSE, CoC 3.5 etc. Then did a single with Paul's 'easy' 4 (video). 2 singles with his 'medium' 4 (videos) then what might have been (haven't seen the playback yet) a single with Jim Wylie's 4.01 rated 4. Followed by a VVN rep. After that I was done on grippers.

Paul tried a few times, succeeding for a full rep once, with the 90-kilo disc. By this point I'd been to the house, got a shake and was reading the local free paper and BS'ing. He missed a rep so I said I'd do 3 (I'd already done one for laughs). He mentioned that Loz had done 4 so I should do 5. I managed 4 as well. Not bad considering I'd done the grippers, was chilling and worked this pinch yesterday.

So a good session.

Edited by mobsterone

I'll post one when Paul gets back (he's still training now) but the others I'm saving for a project in the works.