Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Steve: would you say you had an "off day" with grippers? Just curious.

Congratulations on becoming Euro champ!! :rock

Not off. Just not quite able to get them in the sweet spot. Plus I prefer the spread at the British. Finally I do not travel well.

Give Sam my congratulations when you speak with him/see him.

Laine

Thanks Laine. Much appreciated. It would be awesome to see you compete in a grip competition like this one day ;)

Cheers Honk.

Tuesday

Back in the gym after the Euros (I won) for shoulders, arms and a little gripper work. Daft sod that I am I forgot to take the settings list for the Vulcan so see below:

Seated Press

50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 105-kilos (42.5-kilos a side) x 3 x 1 reps (on last rep left arm was dragging behind).

V/gripper work

Giant setted throughout workout.

L1 x 6 reps@, l7 x 3 reps@,

L/H: L11 x VN, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps

R/H: L15 x 1 rep, L16 x 2-3 x 1 reps (not properly noted)

D/B Curls

S/S with press

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 18-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 2 x 8 reps

TPD

Stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps

Bwt:

282.5lbs

Edited by mobsterone

Cheers. I'd love contributions from one and all as well as suggestions and ideas. I can do personal stuff in my sleep but input from readers is what it needs. However, I don't want to be an open forum per se. The magazine feel should be the same as though it was a gadget mag, car zine and so on. I'll be keeping it added comment free but welcome everything via email and PM's.

Wednesday

Some work to do was half done last night so a few minutes and then my warm up meant I'd had both time and energy to do some more work on the thick bar. Given how just about bloody awful this had been for me (I wish I'd taken a photo) just three months back when I did a sideways impression of a banana with a mere 135-kilos to win at the Euros was nice. Prior to my leaving our BSM/WSM competitor Laurence Shahlaei 'casually' (ahem) mentioned doing 180-kilos. At the Euros, with fire in my belly, I felt I might just have made 180 myself so thinking that 1) I'd like to spend a little more time on the exercise to see if I could improve (what with my lower back being relatively crap) and 2) see if I could hit 180-kilos today. Onwards...

Double overhand axle (2" thick) deadlift

NB: Bar weighs approx 30-kilos as is.

plus 40-kilos (70) x 6 reps, plus 60-kilos (100) x 4 reps, plus 80-kilos (110) x 4 reps, plus 100-kilos (130) x 2 reps, plus 120-kilos (150) x 1 rep, plus 130-kilos (160) x 1 rep, plus 140-kilos (170) x 1 rep, plus 150-kilos (180) x 1 rep. The last one, while hard from the floor and which, for a second, made me think I might 'touch cloth' :blink still felt like I may just have had another 5-kilos in me.

Cheers. I'm gonna try and add a few more bits to it this week so that August is done and dusted. Hopefully including the full Euro results, photos ect.

Good idea Steve. Doing it online lets it be more-or-less whatever it will be - no need to fill pages for the sake of it or rushing to meet deadlines.

Looking forward to it.

Great write-up of the European Grip Championships in your blog, really enjoyed reading it.

Isn't there any other stuff that you can put in your signature???

:tongue

Yes. 115+ kilo pinch... one day ;)

180kg... nice. 400lbs is classed as world class on the axle. Not bad for having a bad back etc... ;)

Cheers. I'm looking at (if I can find it free) some 'page flip' software which would allow a proper e-zine feel to any magazine.

Thursday

2 hand pinch @ 70mm at GN

using the usual 2 x 15-kilo plates matched for size and a 2-inch diameter pin to stick the plates on but not allowing for spring style Olympic collars I did the following:

43.6-kilos x 6 reps

63.6-kilos x 3 reps

73.6-kilos x 1 rep

83.6-kilos x 1 rep

88.6-kilos x 1 rep

91.1-kilos x 1 rep

93.6-kilos x 1 rep

96.1-kilos x 1 rep*

98.6-kilos x 0 reps

96.1-kilos x 0 reps

93.6-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

* indicates that I did a max single of 95-kilos on a Euro set at 48mm during the Euro event but wasn't getting a good grip. I did not rub in chalk etc as some do on this set up using 2 discs only yet did more and then did 1.4-kilos less for 5 singles. All on a much thicker set up.

Cheers. I'm looking at (if I can find it free) some 'page flip' software which would allow a proper e-zine feel to any magazine.

Thursday

2 hand pinch @ 70mm at GN

using the usual 2 x 15-kilo plates matched for size and a 2-inch diameter pin to stick the plates on but not allowing for spring style Olympic collars I did the following:

43.6-kilos x 6 reps

63.6-kilos x 3 reps

73.6-kilos x 1 rep

83.6-kilos x 1 rep

88.6-kilos x 1 rep

91.1-kilos x 1 rep

93.6-kilos x 1 rep

96.1-kilos x 1 rep*

98.6-kilos x 0 reps

96.1-kilos x 0 reps

93.6-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

* indicates that I did a max single of 95-kilos on a Euro set at 48mm during the Euro event but wasn't getting a good grip. I did not rub in chalk etc as some do on this set up using 2 discs only yet did more and then did 1.4-kilos less for 5 singles. All on a much thicker set up.

What setup you have got this 105.6kg´s?

A official Euro set up. I have one of my own but the lift was done on David Horne's which we used at this years British event. The weight was 105.58-kilos and is on the top 50 listing.

Friday

I supersetted every single set today. So one bench and one lat pulldown then repeat. Note lat pulldowns were all leaning back/half rowing style (nice for thickening the back up which is good for benching)

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 142.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (at first I wasn't sure if I'd get these but once warmed up I was ok)

Lat Pulldowns

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 3 x 6 reps

Nice half pump.

Half a banana and a protein shake after

Edited by mobsterone