Richaz Training Log

macaz

Well the 454 Casull punched a huge hole in the display. It was a little too big and tore out a lot of metal so I didn’t do many holes with it. I used mostly my AR and AK which made nice pretty holes with a nice splash back look.

The second video was just for fun - nothing to do with the making of the Animal Hunter gripper display.

http://youtu.be/e-Qd_DWMQrg

This is not very common in Holland, going out to the range and shooting the h.ll out of it haha

Don't think it will bring you gripgreatness but it's certainly fun!

This is not very common in Holland, going out to the range and shooting the h.ll out of it haha

Shooting makes your right index finger stronger.

But seriously I have been seeing some grip strength gains this week. I am back on Jedds program and that thing just works for me.

Shooting makes your right index finger stronger.

But seriously I have been seeing some grip strength gains this week. I am back on Jedds program and that thing just works for me.

Hi Rich,

What is Jedd's program? If it is something he packages and sells, then just say so, I respect that.

I dont think he sells it. Buy a vulcan if you dont have one. Start low like level (3) do singles right and left and after each single move up one level. keep going up until failure. Then do that level three times.

Next do the same thing with doubles, two reps moving up until failure , again do the top level 3times even if it is fail X3.

Now do it with triples same deal.

Mostly I skip the doubles because it is so damn long. DO this once a week with another workout in the week of whatever you want. I would do normal grippers goal attempts and whatever you like.

Right now I am working up to level 17 right and left. Level 17 on my vulcan is like level 14 on the WSH vulcan BTW.

I almost closed my 150# Ghp7 today. Here is what is strange I can get my MM1 @161# even closer to a close. The RGC#s are acurite. The Ghp has such a mean and steady sweep. It is driving me nuts.

I dont think he sells it. Buy a vulcan if you dont have one. Start low like level (3) do singles right and left and after each single move up one level. keep going up until failure. Then do that level three times.

Next do the same thing with doubles, two reps moving up until failure , again do the top level 3times even if it is fail X3.

Now do it with triples same deal.

Mostly I skip the doubles because it is so damn long. DO this once a week with another workout in the week of whatever you want. I would do normal grippers goal attempts and whatever you like.

Right now I am working up to level 17 right and left. Level 17 on my vulcan is like level 14 on the WSH vulcan BTW.

I almost closed my 150# Ghp7 today. Here is what is strange I can get my MM1 @161# even closer to a close. The RGC#s are acurite. The Ghp has such a mean and steady sweep. It is driving me nuts.

Thanks Rich. I don't have a Vulcan, everyone says to get one. I hear you about the GHP grippers. My GHP 6 feels way harder than what yours and Joes's rated at.

Right now I am working up to level 17 right and left. Level 17 on my vulcan is like level 14 on the WSH vulcan BTW

do you have a v2 or a v1? do you know what spring you have? I haven't had a chance to play with another vulcan since I got mine and was wondering how the levels on mine compare.

Right now I am working up to level 17 right and left. Level 17 on my vulcan is like level 14 on the WSH vulcan BTW

do you have a v2 or a v1? do you know what spring you have? I haven't had a chance to play with another vulcan since I got mine and was wondering how the levels on mine compare.

I have a V2 and my spring is weaker than normal because I calibrated it at the higest level which streched it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working grippers mostly. Did some bending last week and did a G5 DO in IM pads. I want to do a red in the IM pads this year so I really have to get going on bending.

I have been following Jedds PK program mostly. Today I was not up to it so I messed around. I went for max reps with the IM#2 10 reps right and 7 left all with a 1.5 inch block set.

still cant close my Ghp7

• 2 weeks later...

We got two feet of snow in flagstaff. I was taking down a snow bank when I heard a pop and looked to see something hit my neighbor’s house and ricochet past me and into the driveway across the street. I noticed it was a big spring and then found two more near by. It looks like a few dozed of the springs from the trampoline have shoot around the neighborhood.http://youtu.be/iKrp9LzrNAE

That's a shwack of snow! That fatman's coming up soon for you.

(null)

I was lucky enough to buy an Inch dumbbell from Tim. It is really something to behold. I have it work and the people there are marveling at how ridiculous it is. I have been getting some good tugs in but my thumb just cant keep it from rolling free.

There is this guy that changes our floor mats out like once a month at work . I am 5’8” and come up to his chest. Naturally I asked him to try to lift the inch. He picked it up two handed and asked were do I want it. (He thought I just needed help moving it somewhere) I told him I just curious if he could lift it with one hand. He gave a few quick tries but could not get air. The end of my story.

• Like 3

I am going to do another round or RRBT starting tomorrow. I finished RRBT almost a year ago (Apr 17th). I think I respond to a higher volume of reps than doing negatives and such.

Of course my grippers have changed.

Right hand 10 rep gripper is a Ghp5 . The Ghp5 is my Left hand 5 rep gripper.

My right 5 rep gripper will be my RB210 and lastly my 10 rep gripper for my left hand will be my Colman 225 (this one may get filed quick).

One advantage I will have is that I own a pair of Ghp skin savers. I bought them in the last week of my 1st KTA and wished I had them all along. I lost a lot of skin on my little fingers. Also I have a stronger joint system now.

The reason I am doing this is because I have been flat in strength for months, many months.

I will keep other stuff down but will do a little bit of pinch and axle etc.

Interested in seeing your progress going through that again. Giver hell!

(null)

• 1 month later...

I have just finished the last working day of phase 5. I upped my grippers from were I started. Lets just say 150 reps a day with 114# gripper is hard on the skin.

My strength has been great and so has my tendons and stuff. I can get through the 10 rep gripper days with strong sets of 5. Last time I went through RRBT I was getting singles and doubles.

Well 5 more phases left to go! And yes the phases just get worse and worse.

Last week or so I was a papers width of shutting my GHP7. I think Ill get it. Also my MM1.

• Like 1

aah thank you

Dude going from hit and miss on a 130's non-GHP gripper to a hairs width away from a GHP7 is fantastic. And still not even through the program yet. I know you were up in that range before, but still that's awesome progress man.

Thanks Kevin!

Today I gave my GHP7 a try & got it! Phew. It has been a long time without and strength gains.

TOmrrow is the start of phase 6 RRBT.

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin!

Today I gave my GHP7 a try & got it! Phew. It has been a long time without and strength gains.

Nice! Congrats dude. looks like you found a program that works really well for you.

Thanks Kevin!

Excellent Rich! Congrats on closing your GHP7 man. :zorro:

Thanks guys. The support means a lot to me!