Questionable Claims

John McCarter

4 minutes ago, thestandingman said:

Maybe Bro, idk why but it fells very similar to my titanium, maybe its because of the rust or because the knurling is very worn

Have you used any oil on the spring? I'd recommend some 3-In-One oil or equivalent cheap lubricant that you can find in Brazil. It will get rid of the squeak when closing the gripper, and help prevent rusting.

1 minute ago, Jared P said:

Have you used any oil on the spring? I'd recommend some 3-In-One oil or equivalent cheap lubricant that you can find in Brazil. It will get rid of the squeak when closing the gripper, and help prevent rusting.

I never used, i will buy one of those oils and also clean my grippers, they are in poor condition xD

Are you able to take a close-up photo of the mount depth, like below on my 160 3.5? Or even with a ruler placed along the inside of the handle, pushed up against the bottom of the spring coil.

That should help give a better idea of the rating.

My 3.5s that have similar measurements are:
160 rgc - 68.9mm spread
168 rgc - 70.9mm spread

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.a426de0c31f4b1634c46d95bbeb1d096.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Are you able to take a close-up photo of the mount depth, like below on my 160 3.5? Or even with a ruler placed along the inside of the handle, pushed up against the bottom of the spring coil.

That should help give a better idea of the rating.

My 3.5s that have similar measurements are:
160 rgc - 68.9mm spread
168 rgc - 70.9mm spread

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.a426de0c31f4b1634c46d95bbeb1d096.jpeg

Can you send me a picture showing how i should place the ruler pls?

4 minutes ago, thestandingman said:

Can you send me a picture showing how i should place the ruler pls?

Perhaps @Cannon knows the best way to do this and measure mount depth. As well as how to estimate a rating based on measurements, if possible.

Here's my 160 3.5 (68.9mm spread) vs. 168 3.5 (70.9mm spread) compared together with photos, with and without a ruler.

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.05189aa4f2f8e3cc551f78c68a607bfe.jpegIMG_6509.thumb.jpeg.0b2744980cb682b0efc26d1dfcd02480.jpeg

IMG_6510.thumb.jpeg.a38b1223b19f972d672156c92ccb10ba.jpegIMG_6511.thumb.jpeg.82ab62168dab4192d1582938793c397d.jpeg

The photos aren't perfect, but you can clearly see how the 160 has a deeper mount (the handles are higher up on the spring legs) than the 168 on the right.

Edited by Jared P

4 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Perhaps @Cannon knows the best way to do this and measure mount depth. As well as how to estimate a rating based on measurements, if possible.

Here's my 160 3.5 (68.9mm spread) vs. 168 3.5 (70.9mm spread) compared together with photos, with and without a ruler.

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.05189aa4f2f8e3cc551f78c68a607bfe.jpegIMG_6509.thumb.jpeg.0b2744980cb682b0efc26d1dfcd02480.jpeg

IMG_6510.thumb.jpeg.a38b1223b19f972d672156c92ccb10ba.jpegIMG_6511.thumb.jpeg.82ab62168dab4192d1582938793c397d.jpeg

The photos aren't perfect, but you can clearly see how the 160 has a deeper mount (the handles are higher up on the spring legs) than the 168 on the right.

IMG_20240329_164411.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Visual comparisons like this are pretty useful. 

I personally measure mount to the end of the handle. That is the easiest way I have found and works reliably well with any old tape measure. Most grippers have the same handle length, but this works for sure within any given brand. 

As an example, right now some Standards are 3-13/16" and some are 3-7/8" and some are 3-15/16". Basically whatever is needed to achieve the final strength we want. I think 3-7/8" looks the best so I have been trying to order springs with that mount in mind, and then it gives the opportunity to go up or down 1/16" if needed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Visual comparisons like this are pretty useful. 

I personally measure mount to the end of the handle. That is the easiest way I have found and works reliably well with any old tape measure. Most grippers have the same handle length, but this works for sure within any given brand. 

As an example, right now some Standards are 3-13/16" and some are 3-7/8" and some are 3-15/16". Basically whatever is needed to achieve the final strength we want. I think 3-7/8" looks the best so I have been trying to order springs with that mount in mind, and then it gives the opportunity to go up or down 1/16" if needed. 

The measurements on mine are:

160 rgc: 3-3/4" mount, 68.9mm spread
168 rgc: 3-13/16" mount, 70.9mm spread

From the standing man's video, the spread on his is 70.3mm, but the mount looks shallower than both of mine, maybe around 3-7/8" or 3-15/16". I'm guessing somewhere between 160-167 rgc for his, as a rough estimate.

1 hour ago, thestandingman said:

Maybe Bro, idk why but it fells very similar to my titanium, maybe its because of the rust or because the knurling is very worn

So long as you can reliably CCS your 3.5, or get really close, regardless of how it's rated, you should have no problem with the 3 cert this year.

I'm guessing you are 18 now, going to be turning 19 sometime before October. Still got plenty of time to even be one of the Teenage Captains of Crush (certifying on the CoC 3 as a teenager - only 12 teenagers have done it since 1998), before your 20th birthday.

Thanks for answering our questions and proving yourself. You are a strong dude.

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

So long as you can reliably CCS your 3.5, or get really close, regardless of how it's rated, you should have no problem with the 3 cert this year.

I'm guessing you are 18 now, going to be turning 19 sometime before October. Still got plenty of time to even be one of the Teenage Captains of Crush (certifying on the CoC 3 as a teenager - only 12 teenagers have done it since 1998), before your 20th birthday.

Thanks for answering our questions and proving yourself. You are a strong dude.

Thank you bro, im 18 now, will be 19 in 21 July, for sure i want to be in that list, and i will work towards it.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 3:10 PM, C8Myotome said:

Looks good. Yeah at 70 mm that is probably a realllllly light 3.5. You'll have the 3 cert no problem

No apology for the fraud allegations tho?

7 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

No apology for the fraud allegations tho?

yea he was especially aggressive

Anyone with that high levels claims with multiple questionable factors to it is going to get questioned; if you had Tiziano trying to invalidate all your actual real progress for years by faking everything with modified equipment and spewing lies and pretending to be a victim, you would probably view a new potential Tiziano's the same way. I do not apologize for looking into it, if you don't like the way I worded anything that's on you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Anyone with that high levels claims with multiple questionable factors to it is going to get questioned; if you had Tiziano trying to invalidate all your actual real progress for years by faking everything with modified equipment and spewing lies and pretending to be a victim, you would probably view a new potential Tiziano's the same way. I do not apologize for looking into it, if you don't like the way I worded anything that's on you.

To be fair though you just blatantly called him a fraud and he ended up being legit. 

I called pasta man a fraud when I had no proof he was at the time. That wasn't fair of me, and I apologized directly to him. Turns out he was a fraud, but I still owed an apology when I made allegations with no proof.

You ended up wrong, while being ultra aggressive about it.

I guess I understand doubling down and not apologizing after looking silly, lol.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

To be fair though you just blatantly called him a fraud and he ended up being legit. 

I called pasta man a fraud when I had no proof he was at the time. That wasn't fair of me, and I apologized directly to him. Turns out he was a fraud, but I still owed an apology when I made allegations with no proof.

I guess I understand doubling down and not apologizing after looking silly, lol.

I agree that if I spent more analyzing it I probably would have included that it was suspect rather than already definitive, which was an obvious exaggeration on my part when the purpose of the post was for it to be investigated, not that it had already been investigated. SOWWY. And yes it can take a while to figure out how to shoot somewhat clear videos, etc. Yes I agree I was very forward about it because of the recent situation with what's his face, I was also DM'd that we're apparently not allowed to use his nick name on here. I also just ate a snack so I am a lot more willing to apologize when not hangry @thestandingman In the future if (and when) there's another thing to be investigated I'll word it more in a way that it is to be looked into and not already confirmed, even when it is just an obvious exaggeration.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I agree that if I spent more analyzing it I probably would have included that it was suspect rather than already definitive, which was an obvious exaggeration on my part when the purpose of the post was for it to be investigated, not that it had already been investigated. SOWWY. And yes it can take a while to figure out how to shoot somewhat clear videos, etc. Yes I agree I was very forward about it because of the recent situation with what's his face, I was also DM'd that we're apparently not allowed to use his nick name on here. I also just ate a snack so I am a lot more willing to apologize when not hangry @thestandingman In the future if (and when) there's another thing to be investigated I'll word it more in a way that it is to be looked into and not already confirmed, even when it is just an obvious exaggeration.

Well, like the snickers commercial says, "you're not you when you're hungry".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Everything is Fine Bro, i dont blame you, because all that happened bcs of tiziano, also from now on i will record my training in more clear quality and measuring the grippers with the caliper, so no further investigation will happen xD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well done @thestandingman. That is strong. Hopefully you can compete in Grip one day and excel in overall hand strength given your size.

16 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

You should NOT have apologized to the vegan tiziano 😁 I understand @C8Myotome though. We had Tiziano, many before him and there will be many after him. Heck, I remember once Joe Sullivan messaged me in 2021 telling me he saw someone from Dubai ArmWrestling group closing the CoC #3.5 on video and he needed me to verify it because he didn't seem that strong to him. I met with the guy and he was strong, he closed the #3 but not my #3.5. That 3.5 wasn't his, but belonged to someone else in the gym. He also told me the #3.5 felt even easier than my #3. I then handed to him easy #3 (138) and he said it felt very similar. He knew it because he could smash it with a wide set easily. They send that #3.5 back to IM and yes, they said this was unusual in strength. So yeah, there were low 140s #3.5 (very rare) at the time even though the man wasn't a fraud and heck he doesn't know what Grip is besides Captians of Crush.

• Like 4

Posting this simply because I'm uncertain of whether or not to include this person in the CoC 4 closers list. Not making any allegations of any sort. I'm on the fence, and only looking for the facts.

There are likely only two people remaining who have had numerous cheat allegations lobbied against them, and whose cases have been 'unresolved', so to speak:

One is of course the infamous man from 1998 - possibly to be discussed later on; and the other is Panagiotis Kalamidas, regarding his closes of a CoC 4 from September 2020.

I will lay out the information below for any who are unfamiliar, but my question is:

Should he be included in the CoC 4 closers list, in your opinion? Or is there too much uncertainty with the legitimacy? Or was this already resolved in the past, in your view?

@Panoskal is the profile of Panagiotis Kalamidas, and here are the 3 main threads where the topic of his CoC 4 attempts and closes were discussed and debated:

My grip adventure (September 23, 2020)

My first real COC 4 attempts (September 23, 2020)

Panagiotis closes the #4 (September 28, 2020)

Youtube - Free social media icons YouTube - Panagiotis Kalamidas

I don’t think so. He never even attempted to prove it, he just left.

I don’t feel anyone would even think of him as a no.4 closer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Jared P Panagiotis claim to close the #4 was even worst than Tiziano's. His gripper looked clearly tampered with and he was intionally hiding the spring. When pressed about showing a closeup of his gripper spring and doing measurments he quite literally claimed this was "harassment and wished to be banned from gripboard". 

• Like 3