Questionable Claims

John McCarter

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

And probably the final update from me, we have decided to ban his GripBoard member account. The motive to announce this is so members know there is no reason to tag him or try and rouse him for future replies or explanations. His confirmed actions to defraud and exploit the grip community are inexcusable. Especially in the absence of any apology or acknowledgement of accountability in the matter.

This 👆. Thank you. And to everyone else who helped expose the blatant cheating presented as genuine, thank you for your due diligence, and being critical of all the claims presented. 

• Like 6

I got the gripper back in the package. There's some holes that I could have patched, but I honestly just want to be done with this. We know what he did and how. If I wanted to waste two hours, I could have made this look exactly like a new one. I only had five more minutes to give to this mess.  This is good enough to prove it can be done.

On the bright side, I have a shiny, new 3.5 to replace the one I destroyed.

I will be bringing the bastard 3.5 to competitions with me to let everyone have a little fun with it.

I'm done with this. I hope this makes you laugh, there's some easter eggs to notice.  Video quality issues are on purpose, a testament to his soon to be forgotten legacy.

✌️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I got the gripper back in the package. There's some holes that I could have patched, but I honestly just want to be done with this. We know what he did and how. If I wanted to waste two hours, I could have made this look exactly like a new one. I only had five more minutes to give this sh*thead.  This is good enough to prove it can be done.

I will be bringing the bastard 3.5 to competitions with me to let everyone have a little fun with it.

I'm done with this. I hope this makes you laugh, there's some easter eggs to notice.  Video quality issues are on purpose, a testament to his soon to be forgotten legacy.

✌️

That guy is done for. But what really amazes me is you sacrificing grippers for that sake. Thanks buddy! Never reveal it because the new frauds will figure a new way to do it, thus we should then play cat and mouse all over again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alawadhi said:

That guy is done for. But what really amazes me is you sacrificing grippers for that sake. Thanks buddy! Never reveal it because the new frauds will figure a new way to do it, thus we should then play cat and mouse all over again.

As long as we demand to see handle spreads before and after on high level closes, no one will get away with this style of cheating again.

• Like 3

Mad respect @dubyagrip. You put a lot of work into this and even though you only put 5 minutes into repackaging it's more than enough proof that it can be done convincingly.

Also the little hand gesture at the end was the cherry on top 😂

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 2

Aah one more thing guys. 2 years ago there was a claim from an armwrestler here that he can close a CoC 3.5. That guy wouldn't have lied and he doesn'ttrain grip. He was in many Larry Wheels videos with good standing. So something was off.

Long story short, it was true. But that 3.5 was defected from IM and had normal spread and everything. It was like a 2.8 or so in strength. I won't say it's an easy 3.5, rather defected. So a defected gripper should always be a possibility.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I got the gripper back in the package. There's some holes that I could have patched, but I honestly just want to be done with this. We know what he did and how. If I wanted to waste two hours, I could have made this look exactly like a new one. I only had five more minutes to give to this mess.  This is good enough to prove it can be done.

✌️

Great work all around, from your legit certs to figuring out how to make a cert look "legit".

I really like the Italian hand gesture at the end. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I won't say it's an easy 3.5, rather defected. So a defected gripper should always be a possibility.

It is possible. It probably had a #3 spring. ONE TIME in all our years opening new IM grippers… ONE SINGLE TIME we found a #3 that rated 126 and just mistakenly had a #2.5 spring. So mistakes can happen but are exceptionally rare. :) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It is possible. It probably had a #3 spring. ONE TIME in all our years opening new IM grippers… ONE SINGLE TIME we found a #3 that rated 126 and just mistakenly had a #2.5 spring. So mistakes can happen but are exceptionally rare. :) 

That gripper must be some sort of coveted collectable for the sheer novelty of it.

Nice work everyone - I imagine now a new process will be instituted for proof of all feats of grip strength - but especially grippers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

That gripper must be some sort of coveted collectable for the sheer novelty of it.

This JUST happened and I have it here with the packaging. Not sure what to do with it yet. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This JUST happened and I have it here with the packaging. Not sure what to do with it yet. 

Do NOT send it to Italy! 

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Riddle contest with a gripper as a prise, of course 😁

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, stranger said:

Do NOT send it to Italy! 

Dang it, you beat me to saying this.

• Haha 2

@John McCarter @Cannon

I actually have an Elite with a Grand Master spring in it rated 142. I like it for the novelty.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stranger said:

@John McCarter @Cannon

I actually have an Elite with a Grand Master spring in it rated 142. I like it for the novelty.  

That was fairly common for Warren. Lots of mishaps with the SE springs too. Cool anomalies for sure! At the very end when he was still supplying a few grippers to weightlifters warehouse people would buy them and ship them directly to me and probably a third of everything that came in had some kind of mistake. Wrong spring, wrong stamp etc.  

• Like 3

Just recorded a video for my youtube channel and in the process of uploading. The video will go live after IronMind publishes their comments. After that is done, I will no longer dwell upon this subject matter.

Edit note: I talk for almost 14 minutes, I never mention the name of the person. Suggest actions that can be done in the future moving on from this date.

Edited by John McCarter
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cannon said:

Yeah it's rare. I know of that case and now yours. Just send it back to IM they will change it.

I made a video three and a half years ago too. Cheating without damaging a gripper. I could've perfected it (like measuring before and after the close) but perfection needs time to train this method (only for the scammers).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Somewhere back in GB history Sean Dockery and I "foot stomped" a gripper.  Advertised it in advance etc.  It might be fun for one of you computer boys to resurrect that old thread.

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Somewhere back in GB history Sean Dockery and I "foot stomped" a gripper.  Advertised it in advance etc.  It might be fun for one of you computer boys to resurrect that old thread.

lol at computer boys. Didn’t a bunch of content get lost back in the day on this forum?

7 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Just recorded a video for my youtube channel and in the process of uploading. The video will go live after IronMind publishes their comments. After that is done, I will no longer dwell upon this subject matter.

John, I don't like to say anything about Randy Strossen on this forum. We get along fine, but I don't ever want to pretend to be his "mouthpiece", because I am definitely not.

That being said, I emailed him. He replied and said there will be no further further public statements from IronMind, that Tiziano knows he is banned from any future IM Certifications for Life, he is no longer a Captain of Crush, etc. I think RJS was pretty candid with people that reached out to him, and he seemed very appreciative of the Intel and input he got from the people here. I thought he did a very good job with the whole process all things considered. 

MC Hubgeezer

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

John, I don't like to say anything about Randy Strossen on this forum. We get along fine, but I don't ever want to pretend to be his "mouthpiece", because I am definitely not.

That being said, I emailed him. He replied and said there will be no further further public statements from IronMind, that Tiziano knows he is banned from any future IM Certifications for Life, he is no longer a Captain of Crush, etc. I think RJS was pretty candid with people that reached out to him, and he seemed very appreciative of the Intel and input he got from the people here. I thought he did a very good job with the whole process all things considered. 

MC Hubgeezer

Thanks for that information.

Wanted to make sure on my end before I did anything.

Edited by John McCarter

17 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

MC Hubgeezer

Yeah, I was curious what more could even be said or should be said publicly.  This makes sense.

Thanks for sharing your correspondence with us.

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Didn’t a bunch of content get lost back in the day on this forum?

I don’t think so, no. Invision communities archive old content by default which is not an optional setting. All posts are still there, but will not be returned as search results (but would still come up on Google). When I found this out, I made an appeal to the developers that our community is literally a history of the sport and that all old content is relevant. They made an exception for the GripBoard and now nothing archives and everything that was archived unarchived. So there is a chance that something you couldn’t find before would be there now because it unarchived. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Yeah, I was curious what more could even be said or should be said publicly.

I thought it would just be whatever changes to the cert.