Questionable Claims

John McCarter

10 hours ago, slazbob said:

I don’t know if it’s environment or lubes or both. I don’t oil my grippers very often, but maybe they can do that. 

I had my #4 in a plastic box I got from Barabans for a year ( since I don’t use it) and it developed nice rust 😆 Maybe another test for @dubyagrip how black can spring get in humid environment? I once lent my #2 to friends, they forgot it outside for one day, and it was rusted where it touched wooden table just from mist or humidity. 

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

2 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Luckily the Ironmind certification is free and you also get to keep the gripper. So there's no downside to certifying. 

I didnt knew about that, Very Nice.

3 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

@thestandingman

If you felt the need to join today to address these questions, why do you need to wait a week to film what should be an easy close for you?  It just seems odd you haven't already filmed something to immediately put an end to the questions, to be honest.

As i stated before, im weaker than before in grippers, and im also sore from training, i cant recover in one or two days from a heavy training session to be prepared to do those kinds of closes.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Jared P said:

How long does that process take? 3 months earlier, the spring looked brand new and shiny. According to his own comments, this is the only 3.5 he owns.

I had a bag of grippers next to my humidifier (bad idea) and it took about 3-4 weeks for it to rust and get darker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thestandingman said:

As i stated before, im weaker than before in grippers, and im also sore from training, i cant recover in one or two days from a heavy training session to be prepared to do those kinds of closes.

If you have no interest in certifying, what was your reason for doing CCS closes with a supposed 3.5? That's the 2nd hardest set width and people don't train it unless they are trying to certify.

Also no, it's nothing personal, I don't know you on a personal level at all, I just don't like people that disassemble grippers and glue on different handles to try to convince everyone on the internet they're something they're not, and undermine the very small amount of people that do train on an elite level.

We are just being skeptical to avoid pasta man 2.0 if that is indeed the case

If you're truly capable of the types of closes you claim in your videos you should be able to come up with something to convince people, otherwise I don't see a reason anyone would take the time and effort to post 3.5 ccs videos on YouTube if they have no interest in certifying. Because the only reason to put yourself through that is with the goal of certifying.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

If you have no interest in certifying, what was your reason for doing CCS closes with a supposed 3.5? That's the 2nd hardest set width and people don't train it unless they are trying to certify.

Also no, it's nothing personal, I don't know you on a personal level at all, I just don't like people that disassemble grippers and glue on different handles to try to convince everyone on the internet they're something they're not, and undermine the very small amount of people that do train on an elite level.

We are just being skeptical to avoid pasta man 2.0 if that is indeed the case

If you're truly capable of the types of closes you claim in your videos you should be able to come up with something to convince people, otherwise I don't see a reason anyone would take the time and effort to post 3.5 ccs videos on YouTube if they have no interest in certifying. Because the only reason to put yourself through that is with the goal of certifying.

I like closing heavy grippers thats why, i dont even know how the certification process Works, also i didnt even had a account on grip board, i was totally off the grip community and i just posted my videos for Fun because i like to close heavy grippers, and in my videos i didnt try to hide the spring lol, i wouldnt even imagine that people would acuse me of being a fraud for no one reason just because i didnt show the spring crearly in some forum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, thestandingman said:

I like closing heavy grippers thats why, i dont even know how the certification process Works, also i didnt even had a account on grip board, i was totally off the grip community and i just posted my videos for Fun because i like to close heavy grippers, and in my videos i didnt try to hide the spring lol, i wouldnt even imagine that people would acuse me of being a fraud for no one reason just because i didnt show the spring crearly in some forum.

It wasn't "just because" of one factor, if you read the posts here there are multiple factors that when combined can seem a bit too coincidental, and you were not aware of pasta man until now and probably will never understand the full situation with him since you have never directly interacted with him.

Yes it does seem like you intentionally cover the spring when it is close to the camera as shown in this screenshot in your only video where there is decent lighting. There is no reason to be holding a gripper by the spring when it has 2 handles

Screenshot_20240311_063924_YouTube.jpg

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

It wasn't "just because" of one factor, if you read the posts here there are multiple factors that when combined can seem a bit too coincidental, and you were not aware of pasta man until now and probably will never understand the full situation with him since you have never directly interacted with him.

Yes it does seem like you intentionally cover the spring when it is close to the camera as shown in this screenshot in your only video where there is decent lighting. There is no reason to be holding a gripper by the spring when it has 2 handles

Screenshot_20240311_063924_YouTube.jpg

Dont worry brother, i will prove you wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, martincerven said:

I had my #4 in a plastic box I got from Barabans for a year ( since I don’t use it) and it developed nice rust 😆 Maybe another test for @dubyagrip how black can spring get in humid environment? I once lent my #2 to friends, they forgot it outside for one day, and it was rusted where it touched wooden table just from mist or humidity. 

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

I have a few grippers like this…yet my oldest grippers look fine.

3 hours ago, thestandingman said:

We aren't being skeptical for no reason.

CCSing a CoC 3.5 is no small feat, it's actually arguably a world class feat. Out of probably tens of thousands of people who have ever used and trained grippers in history, only a select few have ever CCSed a 3.5, many of which trained for 5-10 years to be able to do so. It's impossible to know an exact number, but I'd estimate that somewhere between 50-250 people total in history (out of tens of thousands to use grippers) have ever reached the level of CCSing a 3.5, regardless of the RGC. 

So when a 17 year old kid who just 'closes heavy grippers for fun' in his bedroom shows up, owns 3 grippers total, and makes the 3.5 look like a complete joke, like something he does for relaxation in his free time, after only 1 year of training - it is only logical that some skepticism would arise.

That last guy who made similar claims turned out to be a giant fraud.

If you really can CCS a real CoC 3.5, even a light one, we'll be the first people to sing your praises from the rooftops and help you get certified on the 3, and get you the proper recognition you deserve. You'd be the 13th teenager to ever certify on the CoC 3 - an awesome accomplishment worth pursuing.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, thestandingman said:

You could show the gripper in detail, in the meantime.  This all seems overly dramatic for someone who doesn't want any attention.

✌️

• Like 2

Just now, dubyagrip said:

You could show the gripper in detail, in the meantime.  This all seems overly dramatic for someone who doesn't want any attention.

✌️

Yea, no problem i can show It

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jared P said:

We aren't being skeptical for no reason.

CCSing a CoC 3.5 is no small feat, it's actually arguably a world class feat. Out of probably tens of thousands of people who have ever used and trained grippers in history, only a select few have ever CCSed a 3.5, many of which trained for 5-10 years to be able to do so. It's impossible to know an exact number, but I'd estimate that somewhere between 50-250 people total in history (out of tens of thousands to use grippers) have ever reached the level of CCSing a 3.5, regardless of the RGC. 

So when a 17 year old kid who just 'closes heavy grippers for fun' in his bedroom shows up, owns 3 grippers total, and makes the 3.5 look like a complete joke, like something he does for relaxation in his free time, after only 1 year of training - it is only logical that some skepticism would arise.

That last guy who made similar claims turned out to be a giant fraud.

If you really can CCS a real CoC 3.5, even a light one, we'll be the first people to sing your praises from the rooftops and help you get certified on the 3, and get you the proper recognition you deserve. You'd be the 13th teenager to ever certify on the CoC 3 - an awesome accomplishment worth pursuing.

I didn't know it was such a rare feat, I would like to try for certification number 3, if I'm not willing to try, I'll be wasting my potential and my time training, that what i was doing in this lasts year of training, i could be already certified maybe.

9 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

✌️

Showing the gripper in detail, now the video has only 480p quality avaible but later it will have 1080p, its something about YouTube processing the video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, thestandingman said:

Showing the gripper in detail, now the video has only 480p quality avaible but later it will have 1080p, its something about YouTube processing the video.

Great, thank you for this.  I look forward to seeing you close it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@thestandingman Will we be seeing the close?  I was excited to see you silence the critics.

50 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

@thestandingman Will we be seeing the close?  I was excited to see you silence the critics.

Hey bro, so i recorded me closing it, but in the video my dad that was recording got the gripper out of the camera for a moment, but i measured It again after i closed it, If you want i can send the video to you, its non listed on my yt, and in thinking about recording it again in two days but without that mistake, to have no margin for error.

Just now, thestandingman said:

Hey bro, so i recorded me closing it, but in the video my dad that was recording got the gripper out of the camera for a moment, but i measured It again after i closed it, If you want i can send the video to you, its non listed on my yt, and in thinking about recording it again in two days but without that mistake, to have no margin for error.

No worries.  I was just checking in.  Post when you're ready. ✌️

On 3/11/2024 at 7:10 PM, thestandingman said:

@thestandingman I feel we are off to a bad start here. :(  There is something very wrong about your ruler.

Your spread measurement comes to 3.5" which would be a massively wide gripper. Wider than any #3.5 we have ever seen in the community. But the gripper is clearly not wide. It looks pretty normal if not slightly narrow.  

Further, 3.5" would be 89 mm but the ruler shows that 3.5" aligns with 70 mm which is not correct. And on closer inspection, each inch seems to align exactly with 2 cm increments which is also not true. 

On the left side of the ruler, there are numbers 1.500 for inches and 1.100 suggesting the ruler is possibly scaled. But even that scaling doesn't make sense. If you measure 3.5" at 1.5x scale, then the true measurement would be 3.5/1.5= 2.33" which would be a comically narrow #3.5. But then 70 mm at 1.1x scale would be 70/1.1=63 mm. But even then 2.33" does not equal 63 mm so those conversions don't even work to arrive at measurements which match. I have a headache and need more coffee, but I think that math is right. Someone correct me if I botched it. 

At any rate, in a video that was meant to establish trust and give a baseline that you're on the up and up, this is quite bizarre. You mention that you understand our skepticism given the "tiziano incident" but here we are with an apparently modified scale and a misrepresented measurement. 

What is going on here? 

image.png.84f208151f6c6baeefd0b9223ff75afc.png

image.png.1f08060486c3d02f4f4791e51d59aecf.png

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Too soon for another Tiziano.  Post a killer vid if you're legit.  Come back next year if you're faking, when enough of us are ready to do another beatdown.  Those are the best options, otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cannon said:

@thestandingman I feel we are off to a bad start here. :(  There is something very wrong about your ruler.

Your spread measurement comes to 3.5" which would be a massively wide gripper. Wider than any #3.5 we have ever seen in the community. But the gripper is clearly not wide. It looks pretty normal if not slightly narrow.  

Further, 3.5" would be 89 mm but the ruler shows that 3.5" aligns with 70 mm which is not correct. And on closer inspection, each inch seems to align exactly with 2 cm increments which is also not true. 

On the left side of the ruler, there are numbers 1.500 for inches and 1.100 suggesting the ruler is possibly scaled. But even that scaling doesn't make sense. If you measure 3.5" at 1.5x scale, then the true measurement would be 3.5/1.5= 2.33" which would be a comically narrow #3.5. But then 70 mm at 1.1x scale would be 70/1.1=63 mm. But even then 2.33" does not equal 63 mm so those conversions don't even work to arrive at measurements which match. I have a headache and need more coffee, but I think that math is right. Someone correct me if I botched it. 

At any rate, in a video that was meant to establish trust and give a baseline that you're on the up and up, this is quite bizarre. You mention that you understand our skepticism given the "tiziano incident" but here we are with an apparently modified scale and a misrepresented measurement. 

What is going on here? 

image.png.84f208151f6c6baeefd0b9223ff75afc.png

image.png.1f08060486c3d02f4f4791e51d59aecf.png

I don't think it has anything to do with inches, just an architect ruler for technical drawings/plans. So it's ~72mm

erts.png

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, sid_arnes said:

Is the top of the ruler metric?

Say more about that. It seems possible the bottom is metric and has measured the spread at 70 mm which makes a little bit of sense. Maybe there is no problem here. Like I said, I need more coffee. He should get a chance to clarify. I know scaled rulers exist so maybe the top is "zoomed in" to help measure sub-millimeters more accurately or something?      

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matek said:

I don't think it has anything to do with inches, just an architect ruler for technical drawings/plans. So it's ~72mm

erts.png

This makes sense. Sorry for raising the alarm.  :trout  Carry on.

• Like 2