Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

1 hour 10 minutes slow pace on C2 10300m.... 15 minutes yoga  

Got some new grip toys today from the legend himself. David Horne.

Globtop

Handshake 

stub

chalk

loading pin

2nd WD2 w/ yet another CROM spring

Not an easy day today.

2622ED0F-24FD-48A1-B6F0-6CC52D570A3E.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

That's some way cool grip toys

Can not wait to get some chalk on them!

• Like 1

Nice!

I bet that "globtop" is super hard even with small weights.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matek said:

Nice!

I bet that "globtop" is super hard even with small weights.

Thanks Can't wait to try it..  Real curious if I can close the CROM on the WD.  I'm thinking no, but not too far off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks Can't wait to try it..  Real curious if I can close the CROM on the WD.  I'm thinking no, but not too far off.

I think you can. But even if you can't, missing it by a cm or something can be a good practice. 
I noticed that if I try closing Level x on the WD2 (it doesn't matter if single or reps), it's beneficial to try Level x+1 first. Not full effort, of course, but Level x feels much easier this way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matek said:

I think you can. But even if you can't, missing it by a cm or something can be a good practice. 
I noticed that if I try closing Level x on the WD2 (it doesn't matter if single or reps), it's beneficial to try Level x+1 first. Not full effort, of course, but Level x feels much easier this way. 

That makes sense. Like i said, i felt pretty banged up last week. I know its from the stress and my not recovering properly. I'm having a deload week this week, but next week i'll give it a go.

• Like 1

deload week finger is feeling better.  tried out the glob top, handshake and stub.. I really like them all. The stub really cool. I

Calistenics

HSPU Assisted

RGT Doubles 3x2

Left

50 x 

55 x2 

60 x 2

62.5 x2 

65 x 2

Right

60 x 2

62.5 x 2 

65 x 2 

67.5 x2 

70 x 2

Inch thigh holds 3x3 3 seconds each hand.  

Chest Krusher 3 springs 5x3

Handshake got up to 60lbs... not sure if my grip was correct.  Will have to check

Globtop got up to 12.5lbs... Maybe could have done more but like i said this is deload week.

Stub.. worked up to 15lbs.. could have done more.  I have to find a way to add one or two of these or all three to my routine.  I'm thinking glob and stub since the weights wont be too heavy and might not tax my CNS as much as the handshake (not that it will text it too much either). 

Not going to lie, it felt great to blow through this workout. I didn't even rest between sets or chalk my hands for the RGT... 

• Like 7

@matek i decided to give it a go. I closed the CROM on level 1-1.. Wasn't that bad, it seemed harder at the start of the "bend".  I wasn't feeling it with my right. but i'm sure I could.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

@matek i decided to give it a go. I closed the CROM on level 1-1.. Wasn't that bad, it seemed harder at the start of the "bend".  I wasn't feeling it with my right. but i'm sure I could.  

Great! Level 7 soon!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, matek said:

Great! Level 7 soon!

Thanks. Cant wait to try it warmed up and chalked...  I think after this week, i'll warm up with orange and just so sets of 1 with the CROM on level 6.  

This thing kills my wrists and elbows if i add to much to quick. I actually find it works my chest and bicep pretty good too. Someday i'd like to get good at this barehand..

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

45 mins level 4 on C2 7000m  15 minutes of yoga

• Like 2

Deload week my @&&... I ended up trying the WD with Orange spring with 44lbs KB handing from my wrist David Horne style.. will upload video later.

calisthenics

WD2 up to of 2-2 orange 

Chest krusher 3 springs 2x8reps

levering 14lbs @ 20" 3x3 both hands

60ds reverse all IMP 3fold

18 secs 

17 secs

17 secs

ISO G5 3x7 seconds.. decided to wrap in suedes and leathers to go easier on the wrists 

I could have been done. Thats all that my program called for. 

decided to take the WD2 and hang my 26lbs kb from my wrists... worked up to 2-2 again I think 5 or 8 reps both hands, with 44lbs kb hanging.. 

Sidewinder for reps, extensor bands and now a little yoga.

It makes the "bend" easier but you must be more strict, you can't move the front hand. I'll play around with this for a few weeks then try an actual bend with a spiral. This is why i love bending. The options are limitless. Video to come.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Also here is my new addition to the gym.  My mom gave me the idea. I miss her calls in the morning so I grabbed a pic of her and my grandpa.

That man got more tail than a fur trapper.

285A609F-6468-4937-B9EF-3EF9F512CF06.jpeg

Hey that’s some nice work. It must get hot in the attic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey that’s some nice work. It must get hot in the attic

Oh yeah, and very cold in the winter.

• Like 1

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x5 

60 x5 

60 x5 

60 x 5 

Right #Go for 5 reps

65 x 5

65 x5 

65x5 

Level Negatives, lower as slow as possible. 3 sets of 3

Left

70 x 2

70 x 2 

70 x 2

Right                 

70 x 2

70 x 2

70 x2

RGT Deadlifts 3x3 

Left 

55x3 

60 x3 

62.5 x3 

65x3 

Right 

62.5 x 3

65 x 3

67.5 x3 

70 x3 

NN2&3/8 TRIPLES 5x3 

155x3 

160 x 3

162.5 x3 

165x 3

165x 3

Then I did some griptops stub and globtop holds

Stub 10lbs 10 seconds 12.5lbs 10 seconds 15lbs 10 secondsx2

Globtop 10lbsx10sec 12.5lbs 5-10 seconds for a few more sets

after this I realized I was supposed to do negatives w/ loadadlbe dumbbell for 70lbsx3 not 2 reps. So I did

70lbs negatives x 3 both hands

Sledge Rotations 2 sets of 10 each way

Deload week over.. I learned two things...  I'm getting better ROM with the sledge chocked up a little. Maybe I should go dial it back and build back up for better ROM.. and i used 25lbs plates on my loadable dumbbell and it was harder because the weights weren't hitting my forearms.. 

Also the stub is way easier with my right hand and I think its from years of holding picks playing guitar. I found that interesting.

• Like 6

Just now, John Knowlton said:

Nice workout, 

Thanks... I'm glad I switched to 25lbs on the loadable dumbbell. I didn't even really realize my forearms where hitting the 35lbs plates and thats a big no no.  But its all a part of learning.

Just maybe you got really big for arms

• Haha 1