Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

If I ever get that way the first stop would be your house with beer.

• Like 1

Great history about the tanker 

• Like 1

calisthenics

WD2 i really forget how many reps but i did 1-1, 1-2,2-1,2-2, 2-3,3-2, and ultimately 3-3x2x2.... Would like to add a volume day 

levering 14lbs sledge 23"x3 24"x3x2

warm up with chest krusher

bending with ironmind wraps first time... Honestly except for the fact they slide, bending felt easier in these... I do like the suedes better but i'm glad i bought these so now I can compare. 

60d spiral 16 seconds

60d 20seconds

1/4x7" DR 41 seconds

ISO wG5 6 secondsx3

60d bend plus snap...took 5 minutes.. This was a little harder in the IMW

1 arm kb swings with 35lbs... 5x10 each side

Negative TGU w/ 55lbs, did the standing up portion with 35lb kbs 5 reps each side

messed around with horseshoe bender

time to mix some concrete!

• Like 6

just did 50 1 arm swings with 20lbs and 50 w/10lbs... 25 each side...

then a little over 100 with the 16lbs sledge in all different swing styles

gotta say i mixed 34 80lbs bags of concrete today.  Not that i ever got out of breath before but since I got that rowing machine my stamina is better than ever.  This is the first time I mixed a lot, since getting it.

Thursday night= 12ounce curl time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

calisthenics

WD2 i really forget how many reps but i did 1-1, 1-2,2-1,2-2, 2-3,3-2, and ultimately 3-3x2x2.... Would like to add a volume day 

levering 14lbs sledge 23"x3 24"x3x2

warm up with chest krusher

bending with ironmind wraps first time... Honestly except for the fact they slide, bending felt easier in these... I do like the suedes better but i'm glad i bought these so now I can compare. 

60d spiral 16 seconds

60d 20seconds

1/4x7" DR 41 seconds

ISO wG5 6 secondsx3

60d bend plus snap...took 5 minutes.. This was a little harder in the IMW

1 arm kb swings with 35lbs... 5x10 each side

Negative TGU w/ 55lbs, did the standing up portion with 35lb kbs 5 reps each side

messed around with horseshoe bender

time to mix some concrete!

Strong session 💪 funny I think we're reversed in terms of bending wraps. All I've used is IMP's and all you've used is suede. I definitely want to buy some suede wraps eventually probably from Bend Sport Canada. Never tried doubles either, I'm curious how much benefit they could add as opposed to singles. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Strong session 💪 funny I think we're reversed in terms of bending wraps. All I've used is IMP's and all you've used is suede. I definitely want to buy some suede wraps eventually probably from Bend Sport Canada. Never tried doubles either, I'm curious how much benefit they could add as opposed to singles. 

Thanks and same to you. I’m curious about doubles too. There is so many variety it’s crazy. The suedes grab the steel way better. I know I didn’t bend anything hard but it didn’t hurt my hands and I heard the IMP are tougher on the hands.

I want to take it up a notch with the bending. But I’m just trying to go about it slow and steady. Levering heavy hammers and lifting the inch is my main goal. But bending is my favorite thing to do. I couldn’t wait to try out the IMP this morning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I couldn’t wait to try out the IMP this morning.

Chalk both sides well and get it so tight your forearms are pumped after wrapping. With suedes it's easy to get away with looser wraps, it doesn't move around that much anyway. But in my opinion, super tight is the only good option with IMPs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, matek said:

Chalk both sides well and get it so tight your forearms are pumped after wrapping. With suedes it's easy to get away with looser wraps, it doesn't move around that much anyway. But in my opinion, super tight is the only good option with IMPs.

Thanks, next session i'll use more chalk.

5 min warm up 10x30s-30s rest... 5 minute cool down

• Like 1

How are you feeling physically after mixing 34 bags of concrete yesterday?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

How are you feeling physically after mixing 34 bags of concrete yesterday?

I feel like mixing 35 today! Today we are ripping up a garage floor that had asphalt and concrete underneath it. Lots of sledge and pinch work today loading concrete into the bucket.

BCD52B7B-4FAB-4535-9FE8-03E84CC3CA24.jpeg

• Like 4

Was a little tired from yesterday.. I literally swing a sledge and loaded concrete into the bobcat all day. I noticed I could grab bigger pieces of concrete than usual.. 

my appetite has been out of control lately. yesterday for breakfast I had peanut butter, 2 eggs scrambled with greek yogurt, sausage patty, two pieces of toast, 3 cups of coffee, sausage egg and cheese on a croissant and a donut.. lunch was 3 slices of pizza.. dinner was two massive cheeseburgers and 5 ice cold Miller High Lifes.

Calisthenics 

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x2
Left
75 x 2
75 x2 
75 x2 
Right
75 x2  
75 x 2 
75 x 2

Level Negatives, 
Left
80 x 2 
85 x 2 
85 x  2
Right
80 x 2 
85 x 2 
85 x 2 

Chest Krusher 4 springs 1, 1,2,2,1

RGT Deadlifts 3x3
Left
77.5 x 3 
80  x 3 *weak today had to go assisted
77.5 x 3 *weak today had to go assisted
75x3

Right
77.5 x 3
80 x3 
77.5 x 3 *assisted
75x3

RGT Thumbless Holds 

Left
75 x 5 seconds
72.5 x 7 
70 x 10
Right
72.5 x6 
72.5x 5 
70 x 9 

Ring Dips

NN2&3/8 TRIPLES 3x3
160 x 3
165 x 3
167.5 x 3
170 x3 
172.5x 3

Had my first go at braced bending.. I'll upload the vid on youtube later.. Went to snap it but i was getting tired... ran out of storage around 4:30 mark but i went at it for 15-20 minutes. 

from David Horne rated at 48K 14"x 8mm

35lbs kb 50x2 swings 

5x1 each side TGU

Sledge Rotations 2 sets of 10 each way

some thumbscrew fun

extensor bands

sidetwister

• Like 4

@matek@Donc101 I want your feed back and who ever else.  David Horne rated at 48K 14"x 8mm

here it is.. like I said, never done this before. Any tips would be great. It was easy but quite the endurance workout. If I had more time and a little more energy I would have kept going until it snapped..

phone ran out of storage but I probably went for at least 6 minutes straight like this. Then for the next 10-15 minutes I went at it pretty good with some breaks.  I really really enjoyed this and wish I recorded the whole thing so I could see how long I really went.  

I now must really buy some lengths of steel and do one of these on bending day.  Someday after I knock out some of these grip feats and get into bjj, I think this stuff will be beneficial. 

• Like 4

Snapping is great training! I like the towel higher on my leg and back by my hip more. Probably tape the towel tighter so it does not move around so much. You can chest crush like that or crush between legs. You will figure out the little adjustments with time and become more efficient. Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Snapping is great training! I like the towel higher on my leg and back by my hip more. Probably tape the towel tighter so it does not move around so much. You can chest crush like that or crush between legs. You will figure out the little adjustments with time and become more efficient. Have fun!

Thank you. I don't like to bother people with questions but the only way to get better is to expose my flaws to avoid bad habits. 

I got to say from the little snapping i've done, its my favorite thing to do.  It puts you into fight mode.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

Great stuff, it sounds like you had an excellent workout.👍

This is just my opinion on how to get more efficient:
Put the towel a little bit higher, like where your pocket is. Crush it between your thighs from the beginning; it's braced bending anyways (but it seemed like a good chest exercise btw!). When doing it between your thighs, put your feet closer to each other, and put the bar much, much higher. Only crush it that low when it's absolutely necessary - when the bar is not bent enough, and you can't open your legs enough to put it higher. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, matek said:

Great stuff, it sounds like you had an excellent workout.👍

This is just my opinion on how to get more efficient:
Put the towel a little bit higher, like where your pocket is. Crush it between your thighs from the beginning; it's braced bending anyways (but it seemed like a good chest exercise btw!). When doing it between your thighs, put your feet closer to each other, and put the bar much, much higher. Only crush it that low when it's absolutely necessary - when the bar is not bent enough, and you can't open your legs enough to put it higher. 

Thanks, I'll take note and on Thursday hopefully that piece of steel will be pieces of steel. 

Not sure if I  fried my cns or what from going at it with that steel but I was exhausted and laid in bed just about  all day yesterday. I like a lazy day here and there but I never am usually that lazy. I fell asleep about 7:45  and slept until 5:15 which is late for me. 

I'll do some rowing after work.

• Like 2

Nice , good day to lake it easy 

For the first time in a while, i missed a workout... didn't row yesterday

RGT

77.5x2

80x2x4

75x30 seconds R 7 ALMOST 8! Left hand 4... I sprained my index finger at work i'm thinking, made lowering the RGT hard

Chest Krusher 4 springs 3x3 2x2 

Inch thigh holds

R 22 25 25 seconds 

L 24 23 25

2 hand inch lifts 3x3 

Short on time so used the 26lbs KB

25 1 arm swingx2 each side

tgu 5 consecutive each side

starting to feel beat up a little. Might need a deload week in the future. But every week I find i'm getting stronger. grips amazing, you can't add tons of weight every week. But some weeks your way stronger than others.

• Like 7

22 minutes on the concept 2... was going for 30 but had to get off for a minute and the session timed out.. and called it quits. 

I also slightly strained my back yesterday at work... I've been a train wreck these last few weeks.🤕🤣

• Like 7

Just a set back, always move forward 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Just a set back, always move forward 

Yup always gotta push forward. 

I gotta say, my numbers aren’t impressive  at all but I’m very happy with the volume I’ve been able to handle.

I think your workouts are impressive and all before work

• Like 2

calisthenics 

WD2 reps up to level 3-3x1 for a few sets

14lbs sledge

24"x3x3 levering felt great today

Bending in IMP reverse

60ds 14seconds

this disappointed me me... 6inch nail from world of grip rated 88k took 5:30 to bend... these 60d griprites are too easy from Home depot... Might open another box maybe they will be harder.... But I'm sure i would have bent it way quicker in suede wraps.

7"x1/4 DR 2:40 seconds. Last week took 40 seconds I  believe

60D 21 seconds

60dspiral in one ironmind wrap...... 21 seconds... hurt a tiny bit

more reps with WD2 2-3 3-2 and 2-2 and 2-1. 

55lbs kettlebell 50swings, 25x2

TGU 3x55lbs 2x44lbs

some sidewinder stuff

I'm going to start using WD to really work on my kink.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 5