DevilErik

Today's session: Grippers

Warming up:

100 LB gripper

150 LB gripper

CoC no. 3.5:

3 attempts:

I CAN NOW CLOSE MY NO 3.5 3/4 OF THE WAY 3 TIMES WOOOHOOOOOO

I went from being able to close it halfway for 1 attempt to closing it 3/4 of the way for 3 attempts!!!!!

(5 minute breaks between attempts)

CoC no.3:

3 attempts:

I moved these to about MMS distance.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Warming up:

100 LB gripper

150 LB gripper

CoC no. 3.5:

3 attempts:

I CAN NOW CLOSE MY NO 3.5 3/4 OF THE WAY 3 TIMES WOOOHOOOOOO

I went from being able to close it halfway for 1 attempt to closing it 3/4 of the way for 3 attempts!!!!!

CoC no.3:

3 attempts:

I moved these to about MMS distance.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

you've got this dude.

Once you close the #4, do you have any goals after this?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

you've got this dude.

Once you close the #4, do you have any goals after this?

I would like to TNS it and No Set close grippers beyond that GHP 9,10.

I am shooting for the moon.

• Like 1

Warming up:

100 LB gripper

150 LB gripper

CoC no 3.5:

4 attempts

CoC no.3:

4 attempts

I have been ramping up my volume over time but I don't think I can maintain this amount of volume.

Attempts are working really well but I think I need something to work the final part of the range of motion.

I think negatives can help me close the 3.5 so I will go back to doing negatives.

If I am actually able to do negatives with my 3.5 (my set is super weak) it will probably go down within the next few weeks.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 7

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

I decided to add the 200 LB gripper to my warming up and instead of going straight to my working sets I took a 5 minute break after my warming up.

CoC no.3.5:

3 attempts

NOOOOOO I nearly closed it but my pinky came off I still managed to move it about 3/4 of the way without my pinky so I probably would have closed it if my pinky had stayed on.

CoC no.3:

3 attempts

these are getting insanely close even after my heavy work.

1 wide set attempt:

I wanted to give wide sets one last try before giving up on them forever.

This actually confirmed that my wide sets are weaker than my no sets because this felt heavy and I wasn't able to move it that far.

I changed my gripper setup I have watched Ivan Cuk's setting video about 3 times and I have copied his wide set gripper placement and I must say it works incredibly well.

The only difference is that I don't set the gripper at all.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

I decided to add the 200 LB gripper to my warming up and instead of going straight to my working sets I took a 5 minute break after my warming up.

CoC no.3.5:

3 attempts

NOOOOOO I nearly closed it but my pinky came off I still managed to move it about 3/4 of the way without my pinky so I probably would have closed it if my pinky had stayed on.

CoC no.3:

3 attempts

1 wide set attempt:

This actually confirmed that my wide sets are weaker than my no sets because this felt heavy and I wasn't able to move it that far.

I changed my gripper setup I have watched Ivan Cuk's setting video about 3 times and I have copied his wide set gripper placement and I must say it works incredibly well.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Awesome work with the grippers! Huge closes on the horizon for you no doubt!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Awesome work with the grippers! Huge closes on the horizon for you no doubt!

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

CoC no.3.5:

3 attempts

CoC no.3:

3 attempts

1 wide set attempt:

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Incredible! taking on a 3.5 ? you're getting very close to the top ! the Ghp 9's and CoC4s are waiting for you :D 

• Like 1

Just now, SkyHeart said:

Incredible! taking on a 3.5 ? you're getting very close to the top ! the Ghp 9's and CoC4s are waiting for you :D 

Thanks man!

No set closing a GHP 9 or CoC 4 would be the ultimate goal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks man!

No set closing a GHP 9 or CoC 4 would be the ultimate goal.

i believe you can absolutely do it! society has been conditioned to not comprehend their own potential, and i feel that our grip board community is reaching as far up possible , which in itself is superb 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SkyHeart said:

i believe you can absolutely do it! society has been conditioned to not comprehend their own potential, and i feel that our grip board community is reaching as far up possible , which in itself is superb 

Thanks!

I agree people nowadays are being taught that they are weak and that they don't have much potiental or there is a cap being put on their potiental and they actually start believing in that cap which ends up destroying their potiental.

Our grip board community is the opposite of that.

We push each other and help each other reach goals and ultimately our full and true potiental.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks!

I agree people nowadays are being taught that they are weak and that they don't have much potiental or there is a cap being put on their potiental and they actually start believing in that cap which ends up destroying their potiental.

We push each other and help each other reach goals and ultimately our full and true potiental.

You guys are 100% right.  This is the best community i've ever been a part of.

Theres probably 10-20 members here that if they showed up at my door step, id offer them a cold beer, a shot of bourbon and talk like i've always known them.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks!

its like our legend Nathan Holle says, never give up, as we never know our true highest. I respect him lots for several reasons :D i think he said to have closed a ghp10 once. i wonder if it was a deep set, semi deep set, or even a wide. either way, thats legendary x 2 ! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You guys are 100% right.  This is the best community i've ever been a part of.

Theres probably 10-20 members here that if they showed up at my door step, id offer them a cold beer, a shot of bourbon and talk like i've always known them.

Tell me about it , everything feels so wholesome here :D im actually glad i had hurt myself in 2016, because if i hadn't, i never would have ended up finding out how much i prefer Gripper sport xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyHeart said:

its like our legend Nathan Holle says, never give up, as we never know our true highest. I respect him lots for several reasons :D i think he said to have closed a ghp10 once. i wonder if it was a deep set, semi deep set, or even a wide. either way, thats legendary x 2 ! 

He is a beast.

• Like 1

Today's session: grippers

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

Coc no. 3.5:

1 attempt

I am getting closer and closer milimeter by milimeter.

After this attempt I decided to go to my no.3 because I was confident it would be an easy close.

Turns out I was wrong I can move it just as far as my No. 3.5 I am just going to stick with attempts getting used to the end range of torsion spring grippers will come with time.

Coc 3.5:

2 attempts these were both very close.

Coc no.3:

2 attempts:

To my suprise the last attempt was actually my best attempt ever I am insanely close now!

Apparently using my no.3 before my no 3.5 doesn't make me stronger on the no. 3 which is very odd.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

• Like 7

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

Today's session was all about experimenting with different sets/gripper positioning.

I really wanted to find the perfect gripper positioning and set for me.

I had not done this before because I thought I would be "wasting" a session

Turns out I was very wrong in hindsight I should have done this before.

I started off with attempting negatives but I was unable to close the gripper.

After failing my negative I decided to attempt a deep set.

I actually managed to do a deep set with my CoC 3.5 by moving the gripper as far towards my fingers as possible.

Turns out I have ZERO strength in that position it felt incredibly awkward and I was barely able to move it.

I also tried this with my No.3 and the result was the same.

After trying these deep sets I went back to No Sets but instead of having the gripper far back in my hand I pushed it forward and I was able to position it very close to the first crease in my hand while still being able to no set it.

Moving the gripper towards my fingers actually made me weaker which was pretty funny to be honest.

After all of this I went back to my "normal" gripper positioning and I finished the session with some very close attempts on both my No. 3.5 and my No.3

My final conclusion is that I should not change a thing and just continue doing attempts and that patience and my own technique are the key for me.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 6

Looks like some good learning.

Think your conclusion is right one as to where the best position in hand is for you based on trial & error of your own hand size configuration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Warming up:

100 LB

150 LB

200 LB

Today's session was all about experimenting with different sets/gripper positioning.

I really wanted to find the perfect gripper positioning and set for me.

I had not done this before because I thought I would be "wasting" a session

Turns out I was very wrong in hindsight I should have done this before.

I started off with attempting negatives but I was unable to close the gripper.

After failing my negative I decided to attempt a deep set.

I actually managed to do a deep set with my CoC 3.5 by moving the gripper as far towards my fingers as possible.

Turns out I have ZERO strength in that position it felt incredibly awkward and I was barely able to move it.

I also tried this with my No.3 and the result was the same.

After trying these deep sets I went back to No Sets but instead of having the gripper far back in my hand I pushed it forward and I was able to position it very close to the first crease in my hand while still being able to no set it.

Moving the gripper towards my fingers actually made me weaker which was pretty funny to be honest.

After all of this I went back to my "normal" gripper positioning and I finished the session with some very close attempts on both my No. 3.5 and my No.3

My final conclusion is that I should not change a thing and just continue doing attempts and that patience and my own technique are the key for me.

Recovery:

100 LB gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Sounds like a productive workout to me.. You gained some more knowledge about what you need to do to close a #4!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinny F said:

Looks like some good learning.

Think your conclusion is right one as to where the best position in hand is for you based on trial & error of your own hand size configuration.

It definitely was.

Most people recommend to place it as close to the fingers as possible which makes sense because that would normally give you the best leverage.

For me it's just different because I have built most of my strength with the Ivanko Super Gripper and I am now trying to close big torsion spring gripper with that strength base.

Placing it far back in my hand has always felt more comfortable though but it might have been a different story if I had  built my strength base with torsion spring grippers but we will never know for sure and I honestly don't care either.

Edited by DevilErik
Forgot a word.

39 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Sounds like a productive workout to me.. You gained some more knowledge about what you need to do to close a #4!

It definitely was!

I WANT TO DESTROY THAT NO.4!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

It definitely was!

I WILL DESTROY THAT NO.4!

i edited it for you😉

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

i edited it for you😉

Wut? What do you mean?

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Wut? What do you mean?

I put "will" instead of "want to"  in your post. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I put "will" instead of "want to"  in your post. 

Thanks for the confidence in me man!

I am blind lol I didn't notice I also didn't know that it was possible to edit someone else's post.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Haha 1