Juha "gripmonster" Harju´s Training Log

Juha Harju

Crazy training session!

Sisu!

• Like 1

If someone is interested here is my new training program. 4 months ago I added two grip days at week and it was success for me.

http://vk.com/doc257199598_336380698?hash=3789ccc1908f675c36&dl=c90fb9f667aab59865

Amazing, how can you handle that much intensity through so many days in a week?

I shared my grip trainings for several days. Also I forced myself train harder than ever. I stopped all negative methods with gripper and started to do more and more INCH & pinch work. At the beginning my gripper shape went down but I didn´t give up. After hard INCH and pinch work my hands worked better and better. Then my gripper speed came back (luckily). :grin: Now I can pull 2x78kg very easy and my last one hand axle pull was 109kg. This gives me more hope that someday I can lift millenium dumbbell. I do also heavy hammer curls with big dumbbells because I want to lift clean INCH. My best motivator is Laine Snook´s grazy videos. I have small hand but I still believe that all is possible because Chris James don´t have very big hands and he is sick strong.

Lets see how long I´ll go this method.

• Like 1

If someone is interested here is my new training program. 4 months ago I added two grip days at week and it was success for me.

http://vk.com/doc257199598_336380698?hash=3789ccc1908f675c36&dl=c90fb9f667aab59865

Juha, thank you very much for sharing your training program with us. The grip volumen and intensity is so extrem! How can you do this!? I would love to be able to do this kind of volume. Back in my powerlifting days before my injuriys i also did the Westside style of training but no grip back then. We would have made good training partners. :grin: I would like to know how you progressed to this volume through out the years. You should probably wright a little book like John Mc Carter. :grin:

• Like 1

Juha, thank you very much for sharing your training program with us. The grip volumen and intensity is so extrem! How can you do this!? I would love to be able to do this kind of volume. Back in my powerlifting days before my injuriys i also did the Westside style of training but no grip back then. We would have made good training partners. :grin: I would like to know how you progressed to this volume through out the years. You should probably wright a little book like John Mc Carter. :grin:

Thanks Jörg.

I train with same volume and intensity like pro bench presser, Freddy Smulter (almost every day). I have done now 6-7 years rising grip work all the time. I have had also couple of big injuries but I have learned about them.

Alexey Tyukalov has also learned to me that I´m not strong what I though and it´s good thing. Now I´m smarter and I know better what are my weaknesses.

I´m so happy that my son started again his grip trainings. :)

• Like 1

It was very kind to remember me (KING KONG OF GRIP 2013 Overall Winner & Heavy Weight Class Winner) with awesome prize banderol!!! Thank you Andrew Pantke & Eric Roussin

10648298_827134923973219_541677167344677

• Like 1

You should keep a few copies of that picture to sign autographs on :D

That picture with an autograph would be cool!

You should keep a few copies of that picture to sign autographs on :D

That picture with an autograph would be cool!

Good idea.

X-mas is coming and maybe I´ll send signatured X-mas photos to all my haters and trolls too? :whistel:grin:

• Like 1

Matti Harju - 7th man who lifted GripMonsters INCH, Big Congrats!!!

GripMonsters INCH 80kg Lifters:
Juha Harju (Finland)
Alexey Tyukalov (Russia)

Riku Karu (Estonia)
Ano Turtiainen (Finland)
Damir Krunic (Serbia)
Eirik Bruun Ingebretsen (Norway)
Matti Harju (Finland)

http://www.gripmonsters.fi/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1359654399&archive&start_from&ucat

• Like 2

10686927_828479633838748_252946220071923

400lbs @ Silarukov´s 500mm Rolling Handles

10635933_828500333836678_770875560618276

Some tennis elbow feelings in the air. :angry: Yesterday I did too hard my grippers and rolling handles. I knew it but I wanted 3x1 400lbs @ 2x50mm rolling handles.

Now I´ll lighten my training and will do more recovery + stretching. If you don´t hear about me ten days then my tennis elbow is recur. :chris:

1st time over 220lbs @ IronMind´s Anvil Trainer!!! Yes, I know this is only "backyard", "basement" or "attic" lift and not full lift with lock out etc but it´s huge PR to me. Now I know that my training program is still like dynamite and it works!!! I have all chances to break Little Big Horn official WR at next month. I just heard that maybe Finns are not alone at Ironmind Record Breakers. That sounds awesome!

Rakasta, kärsi ja unhoita, se se elämää on!

Soumi!

what's the weight on the IM anvil you pulled in the video?

210lbs