Juha "gripmonster" Harju´s Training Log

Juha Harju

You still training grip as much as you were a little while ago? Love the videos!! Motivation!

Cheers!

I skipped all 2HP pulls and I do more sledge levering now.

• Like 1

No good, not an IM pin! Lol

Only gymlift without enough time locking but let´s see what me and my bro will do at contest 13.12. He pulled today 103.5kg

• Like 1

I was joking around nice lift

I knew that. I'm Finnish and sometimes hard to answer right.

Some plate pinch lift what I have pulled.

No cheat rubber plates, no clue, no resin, no grip spray. only chalk and pure grip power

+80mm total wide plates. Only man who could pulled those with left and right hand.

York 66mm total wide plates + Leoko 52mm wide plates farmer walk

Duke +80mm total wide discs + Leoko 52mm wide plates farmer walk

Leoko 4x10kg +90mm !!! total wide plates

Eleiko 4x10kg 84mm total wide plates

Eleiko 3x15kg 66mm total wide plates

Leoko 20kg + Eleiko 25kg 52mm total wide plates double lift

Leoko 25kg/20kg 56mm total wide Pinch lift

6x5kg pinch

• Like 2

I posted those links because I got lot of peas in my nose from Savage´s "easy plates" comments.

Edited by Juha Harju
  • Like 1

Juha - your three 15kg 66mm, mine 104mm. Your four 10kg 84mm / 90mm+ mine 136mm, even three 10kg 102mm. These are standard bodypower plates i have.

Juha - your three 15kg 66mm, mine 104mm. Your four 10kg 84mm / 90mm+ mine 136mm, even three 10kg 102mm. These are standard bodypower plates i have.

Nice to hear. How much is your REAL 1 HP result? I mean with Horne's apparatus and any width ?

This is free plate pinching not solid adjustable setup. I have never used davids for one hand and very little for two hands. I always got tears with it so had to train with gloves, i remember had near miss two hands with 104kg gloved. I dont have his setup.

Edit - that was 5 years ago

Edited by Paul Savage

One advantage of using quality plates is that one can compare lifts in a meaningful way. For example Juha has done 4x10k with Eleiko's compeition plates so he can related precisely to my lift of 4x10 Eleiko plates. If on the other hand the two of us had used low quality brands it would be a rather meaningless comparison. I have no interest pinching poor quality, non-competition plates as I don't know what that means. More difficult yes but how much more difficult? If you Paul want to show greatness in loose plate pinching it is actually a good idea to use quality plates so other people can evaluate said difficulty. You pinching this or that with gloves does not interest me for example as I don't know what that means more than that it is 'difficult'.

One advantage of using quality plates is that one can compare lifts in a meaningful way. For example Juha has done 4x10k with Eleiko's compeition plates so he can related precisely to my lift of 4x10 Eleiko plates. If on the other hand the two of us had used low quality brands it would be a rather meaningless comparison. I have no interest pinching poor quality, non-competition plates as I don't know what that means. More difficult yes but how much more difficult? If you Paul want to show greatness in loose plate pinching it is actually a good idea to use quality plates so other people can evaluate said difficulty. You pinching this or that with gloves does not interest me for example as I don't know what that means more than that it is 'difficult'.

Well yes i agree as far as standard plates goes however these are very expensive and not everybody wants to spend that kind of money or even have it to spend. Also using extremely thin plates lessens the feat significantly and i see it as being the point of the feat in a lot of cases. For example you wouldnt make an inch dumbbell with a 1.5" handle, it is difficult because of the thickness of the handle being so much.

The plates i use are standard bodypower plates, these are very common in the UK. These are plates also used by steve, laine, sam etc In terms of difficulty i would take an educated guess that three 10kg of these is at least as hard as four 10kg eleiko because of the width and how they don't fit well together. I have used thin plates at david hornes place, 6 10lb thin plates one hand pinch six reps and hold at top easy after competition. This was easier than five 5kg bodypower. Big big difference.

Edited by Paul Savage