Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Had a shot at my #2.5 TNS and got mighty mighty close, might have got the close but i'm not sure enough to claim it. But at least i'm on the right track!

Tried to CCS my #3 yesterday, and got surprisingly close compared to where i though i would be, probably about 15mm. Clearly the TNS work is paying dividends!

Good work man. You got real close on the 2.5! My hands are destroyed bc of moving lots of boxes, but I'm taking a rest from grippers for a week or so. Next time I pick up grippers I should be able to no set a #4 easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only about a quarter inch from a 2.5 MMS now! Man it's taking a lot of time but thinking that the #3 is just in front of my eyes makes it worth it.

Doing the 20 squat program too... I could use a little extra weight.

Pffft whatever after your tendons are made of steel you'll be able to no set the 2.5!

I'm only about a quarter inch from a 2.5 MMS now! Man it's taking a lot of time but thinking that the #3 is just in front of my eyes makes it worth it.

Doing the 20 squat program too... I could use a little extra weight.

nice job! did you actually take a break from grippers like you said you would?

I'm the one that was taking a break from grippers, to further strength my connective tissue.

I'm only about a quarter inch from a 2.5 MMS now! Man it's taking a lot of time but thinking that the #3 is just in front of my eyes makes it worth it. Doing the 20 squat program too... I could use a little extra weight.
nice job! did you actually take a break from grippers like you said you would?
I'm the one that was taking a break from grippers, to further strength my connective tissue.

We were both taking a break. My hands got busted from moving all the boxes I filled with heavy books.

So I took 2 weeks or so off from doing any grip work, and just started working my whole body.

And yes, it worked! :mosher

Also wanted to say that my left hand is catching up because I learned to set it better in that palm.

i can close the #2 easier than in my right, and can also get the GNC200 now. I'm also 1/4 inch away from the 2.5 on that hand too.

I took bath salts earlier... and I snatched the inch, closed the #4 no set with my pinky, did a one thumb pinch pull up, AND bent the gold nail heslap style. Now it's time to feed.

Edited by hellswindstaff

Actually, magnesium chloride spray is not bad stuff. I think it has definitely helped with my recovery over the past year. Mahler and Dan John recommend extra magnesium.

Yeah most people are deficient in magnesium. I've read about it... zinc, magnesium and calcium are equally as important for bone development and too much calcium (more specifically from an animal source) can actually cause osteoporosis.

Where do you get yours? Is it cheap?

p.s.- I was refering to bath salts, the drug that turn people into zombies... but I was just messing around.

Edited by hellswindstaff

p.s.- I was refering to bath salts, the drug that turn people into zombies... but I was just messing around.

I usually avoid the news, but I just looked it up and found out about it.

Anyone live in a state where it's still legal? I need my fix... lol

I usually avoid the news, but I just looked it up and found out about it.

Anyone live in a state where it's still legal? I need my fix... lol

I dont generally watch it either... probably for similar reasons, but it's generally hard to avoid memes!!! :P

Slight bumb for this thread.

How is it going for you guys ?

I guess I'll join this thread with my personal race to CCS and TNS #2 and #2,5

Littlebit of my progress and where I stand now:

I started grip training about 3 months ago with IM trainer and #1 which I had bought several years ago. About a month ago I bought #2 and close it mms on right hand.

Last week my #2,5 and 3 arrived, I can mms close that 2,5er on right hand, left hand staying 2-3mm open.

So far im pleased with my progress, but what I really lack is tns and ccs strength. I can ccs close that #2 on right hand and thats about it.

I'm not too worried about the ccs right now since there is still so much to do before even dreaming about any cert training, but I would really like to up my tns strength becouse its just dragging so much behind and I guess that helps with ccs also.

TentacleGrip mentioned earlier in this thread that he feels the jump from 2->2,5 being greater than 2,5->3. That's definetly not the case with my grippers. #3 is just completly different game at this point, I have hard time even setting it.

I'll post updates of my progress here and maybe take a video of the 2,5 close if I can get non-trash quality out of my phone camera later.

I'm eager to follow your progress who are around the same level, so I hope you guys are still pushing it !

Definitely are looking forward to following your progress too. Yes, we're still pushing it. :)

I haven't practiced CCS closing my #2 yet, but I do practice it with a compromised set.

As you mentioned, my 2.5 seems a lot closer to my #3 than it is to my 2.

It discouraged me at first but I'm getting closer and closer to getting the 2.5, MMS. I'm just a quarter inch away now.

You're strong for having just started.

Good luck getting stronger and attaining your goals!

I started repping my #2.5 mms a few weeks ago in my grip workouts. However a CCS still alludes me. I'm sure if I took a week off from everything, I would crush it like a bug. However, I'm still cycling up in my deadlifts, pull-ups, and kb presses, so it will be a few weeks before I try it rested. I've been CCS'ing my filed #2 like a banshee, and I'm going to start doing strapholds on that sucker. My 2.5 is only about 10 lbs RGC from my 3, so the 3 will only be a couple months away when I get the 2.5.

Yeah most people are deficient in magnesium. I've read about it... zinc, magnesium and calcium are equally as important for bone development and too much calcium (more specifically from an animal source) can actually cause osteoporosis.

Yeah, I know what you meant :) just had to throw that in there. I got mine from Swanson, they had some from that under ground lake for only $20, which was a lot cheaper than what I have seen it for elsewhere. I used to try to take the pills, but those go through me like crap through a goose. I think the magnesium made a big difference this past year. Especially in the summer, we sweat buckets out here, so it helps. Some gatorade now and then seems to help pull me out of a slump.

Yeah, I know what you meant :) just had to throw that in there. I got mine from Swanson, they had some from that under ground lake for only $20, which was a lot cheaper than what I have seen it for elsewhere. I used to try to take the pills, but those go through me like crap through a goose. I think the magnesium made a big difference this past year. Especially in the summer, we sweat buckets out here, so it helps. Some gatorade now and then seems to help pull me out of a slump.

I've actually recently started including magnesium phosphate in my diet, aka epsom salt, dissolving about a 1/4 tsp in a quart of water and drinking it when winding down for bed. It's basically mineral water with a high magnesium content... not sure of the oral absorption rate of magnesium phosphate, but it definitely makes me more relaxed when I drink it and it's only 88c for a pound :P

I've actually recently started including magnesium phosphate in my diet, aka epsom salt, dissolving about a 1/4 tsp in a quart of water and drinking it when winding down for bed. It's basically mineral water with a high magnesium content... not sure of the oral absorption rate of magnesium phosphate, but it definitely makes me more relaxed when I drink it and it's only 88c for a pound :P

If your system can handle it, then definitely go that route. For other folks it can have dramatic effects :excl: