Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

I take probiotics as well. I brew my own kombucha and fermented fruit drinks... stuff rules.

Creatine was the only supplement that I've ever used and it was early on when I first started. It helped me gain weight when that was a goal, but it was solely water weight, and it made me feel extremely bloated. I tried it again a few months ago, just because I still had some from like 2 years ago and hate wasting stuff... I stopped taking it and threw it away after the 2nd day.

Shoulda sent it to me, I would've paid for shipping. :grin:

I just started loading yesterday and am probably going to do a few cycles. Human guinea pig right here.

I take probiotics as well. I brew my own kombucha and fermented fruit drinks... stuff rules.

Creatine was the only supplement that I've ever used and it was early on when I first started. It helped me gain weight when that was a goal, but it was solely water weight, and it made me feel extremely bloated. I tried it again a few months ago, just because I still had some from like 2 years ago and hate wasting stuff... I stopped taking it and threw it away after the 2nd day.

i would like to hear how you make fermented fruit drinks. i make saurkraut, kimchee, and beet kvass but never tried fermenting fruit.

YOU MAKE KIMCHI? Do you have a spicy cabbage recipe?

The fruit... depends on the fruit. Works well with pineapple:

1) you take the skin and the core

2) blend them with water

3) put contents in a breathable jar

4) throw in spices. What I like is clove, nutmeg, few cinnamon barks, and rice(I have no idea, neither does the person who taught me)

5) let it sit out for about 48 hours

6) refridgerate... personally I like pouring some juiced ginger at this point.

Just did 10 consecutive TNS reps with my #2. Still can't get the #2.5, i think i'm going to start doing volume MMS work with the #2.5 and see how many reps i can get with that, then widen to a CCS for reps and then hopefully a TNS.

Just did 10 consecutive TNS reps with my #2. Still can't get the #2.5, i think i'm going to start doing volume MMS work with the #2.5 and see how many reps i can get with that, then widen to a CCS for reps and then hopefully a TNS.

What kind of sets have you closed the #2.5 in so far?

2) blend them with water

4) throw in spices. What I like is clove, nutmeg, few cinnamon barks, and rice(I have no idea, neither does the person who taught me)

so you just use the core and skin and that is edible?

here is the kimchi recipe i use:

http://criticalmas.com/2010/04/bok-choy-kimchi-recipe/

How much off a TNS #2.5 are you now?

I have managed around 8 TNS on my #2 and have 5+mm left on CCS my #2.5.

2) blend them with water

so you just use the core and skin and that is edible?

here is the kimchi recipe i use:

http://criticalmas.c...-kimchi-recipe/

I dont know if you would eat the skin... may be too rough on your intestines. I forgot to add that you filter out the pulp after it's done fermenting.

What kind of sets have you closed the #2.5 in so far?

I've closed it with a CCS and a partial set, just holding the spring a little to position the gripper. I'll attach a video of a close from a few months ago.

How much off a TNS #2.5 are you now?

I have managed around 8 TNS on my #2 and have 5+mm left on CCS my #2.5.

Not sure, i'll give it a shot soon and let you know, but it's more than 5mm i'm sure - it's something about having to close the gripper when the handle closest to my thumb is further back in my hand than usual, i lose all closing power.

EDIT: Just had a go at the #2.5 TNS and missed it by about 0.75cm i'd guess. Definitely need to work on lots of MMS closes of the #2.5 and TNS closes of the #2. Hopefully the combination will let me get a #2.5 TNS within the next month or two.

Edited by patrickmeniru

Damn man, you're strong.

I've been more consistent in closing my GNC200, but I'm still a long way off from my #2.5, maybe it's time to put it in a clamp.

Yesterday, I had a pretty good CCS workout. Hit my filed #1 for 10 reps both hands to warm up. Then with my filed #2, I was able to bang out 8 singles both hands pretty well. So just for kicks, I tried to CCS my 2.5. Came within 1 mm of closing it on the right and about 2~3mm on the left. Figure in about another month or so, I should have it. I can already MMS the 2.5, so it's just a matter of time.

Currently tendon strengthening... no grippers for a while... Come back and dominate

Currently tendon strengthening... no grippers for a while... Come back and dominate

What kind of things are you planning for tendon strength? Hangboard work? 2-3 Finger pull-ups? Best of luck with the training, i'm sure that it will pay dividends when you do come back to grippers.

How exactly are you doing this?

Hanging from the claw curls, fingertip pushups, and supporting weight on my thumbs with a device that I built

Im going to rotate between the hangs with the thumb supports and fingertip pushup holds in the top position

I think that it might be a good idea for me to do some finger strengthening too, especially given that i'm weak during the very start of the TNS sweep. Closing power not really an issue for the #2.5, managed to crank out 6 reps of at least MMS width, you can hear a couple of the closes had really loud 'click' sounds :P Sorry about the rep that went out of picture and the bad lighting, hope you can still make it out okay.

I really don't think that there will be any direct carry over, but I think that I may progress faster and more importantly more stout connective tissue will keep any joint irritation at bay. The irritation in my index knuckle was probably due a dislocation which occurred a few years ago... anyways I'm threw with missed training days and never want to live my life in pain. Ill close it when I'm ready but I'm not pushing myself and chancing an injury for anything. Hand strength is something to look at as a long-term and truely the tortoise does beat the hare.

In other words, hand health is at least as important as hand strength.

More important... you can't deadlift with a bad back because you will be punished with an electric shock. You can't close grippers if it hurts to move your hand around. If the brain detects an injury then it generally will limit the output of the muscle... meaning you could go from a 200lbs close to a 20lbs close in a few seconds if you injure yourself.

I really don't think that there will be any direct carry over, but I think that I may progress faster and more importantly more stout connective tissue will keep any joint irritation at bay. The irritation in my index knuckle was probably due a dislocation which occurred a few years ago... anyways I'm threw with missed training days and never want to live my life in pain. Ill close it when I'm ready but I'm not pushing myself and chancing an injury for anything. Hand strength is something to look at as a long-term and truely the tortoise does beat the hare.

i agree 100%, listen to your body and error on the side of caution. personally, weight training will be a life long pursuit for me because i enjoy it. but if i go too hard too often, i will break down and not be able to continue. don't be afraid to take a day or week off when you are feeling beat up or tired.

i read a book called power to the people where one of the prevailing philosophies was always leave a rep or 2 in the tank. don't grind out reps and you will increase your chances of continual progression without injury.

Hey Bubba, I'm reading that book right now. I have high expectations for it because after reading Relax into Stretch, on my first stretching session, my hamstring stretch went from being 6 inches from the ground to palms on floor. Qualifying statement: first stretch was until it started hurting, last stretch was with my roommate pulling my hands down, it wasn't painful though.

Hey Bubba, I'm reading that book right now. I have high expectations for it because after reading Relax into Stretch, on my first stretching session, my hamstring stretch went from being 6 inches from the ground to palms on floor. Qualifying statement: first stretch was until it started hurting, last stretch was with my roommate pulling my hands down, it wasn't painful though.

it is a good book to learn some basic philosophies from. details not so much. my big take away was to leave a bit in the tank after every set. i believe adam glass has a similar philosophy.

I wouldn't go that far... the information is great, but you dont have to follow the routine.