Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Definitely hope so. I'll be looking forward to seeing a solid close.

In other news, how are you training for your RT?

did a max effort on an old style rolling thunder handle yesterday after a pretty hard workout. got 160 in plates. gonna have to set some new goals as i've gotten most of mine in the last few months.

did a max effort on an old style rolling thunder handle yesterday after a pretty hard workout. got 160 in plates. gonna have to set some new goals as i've gotten most of mine in the last few months.

That's awesome brother, you're chopping those goals down like an angry lumberjack.

What are your next goals looking like?

Congrats on the 160, make sure you cross it off your list. :grin:

That's awesome brother, you're chopping those goals down like an angry lumberjack.

What are your next goals looking like?

Congrats on the 160, make sure you cross it off your list. :grin:

My next goals I am working toward are GHP 6, RT 180, and 333 on the axle. Long term is a MM0 cert.

Great goals. Planning to cert on the GHP7 or the #3?

Btw, how much harder was your GHP5 compared to your #2?

Great goals. Planning to cert on the GHP7 or the #3?

Btw, how much harder was your GHP5 compared to your #2?

i have my eyes on a used #3 so i may attempt to cert on that.

i don't own a #2 but closed one at my only competition. my GHP 5 felt much harder. in fact i was pissed how long it took me to get more than one rep.

Hey Matt, I got the dyno in the mail. It's broken and as I thought, it maxes at 90kgs, but it's a fun toy and I showed a few of my friends.

3 people besides me were easily able to max it out too. Makes me want to get a better one.

http://www.cellsea.c...b1a7e4817a2.htm

Sent to your facebook too, in case you can't see it in the line above this.

Saw it that time. How did it arrive broken if it was measuring your grip?

If you maxed it out... then maybe you could use only two or three fingers? lol

p.s.- Your friend is cute. You should date her!

Those things always looked fun, but I just don't want to commit to the price of a good one.

The clear cover for the display was broken when it arrived. That, and the unit only measured to 90.

I'm not sure how I'd do fresh (it arrived the day after my grip day) and I needed my thumb to pull it to max.

But since my grip friend (whom I'm slowly pulling into this world... I'm getting him either a #2 or a GHP 5 tomorrow for his birthday) and his dad, and another guy I'm friends with, could all max it without thumbs, I'm gonna see if I can do that too.

I *think* there's some decent dynos out there for $100. Expensive, though cheap in relation to baseline and Jamal.

Thanks, I live with her. She's happy she's famous on the gripboardz.

Put my #2.5 in a choker, and I'm able to close it @11mm distance.

I'm gonna add one mm every workout til I'm at 22+, at which point I should be able to close it MMS.

I'm gonna add one mm every workout til I'm at 22+, at which point I should be able to close it MMS.

If you train with a choker, just make sure that you don't neglect MMS training as well. training in chokers all the time might make your set strength weak.

Yeah although my 2.5 is choked, I'll be doing MMS practice with my #3, GNC200 and #2.

My setting isn't all that strong, especially in my left hand attempts. I gotta get improving on that too.

nice. gotta feel good to get those handles to touch choked or not. keep it going.

Edited by bubba29

So, i decided to do a gripper only workout for the first time in a long while. Baisically, over the last couple of weeks i've been focussing on TNS reps of my #2 and wide reps with my #2.5. Today i decided to work the close and picked up my #3 after a warm-up. I absolutely killed it. Had a great session, managed to get a couple of MMS double reps with my #3 and 5 or 6 singles. Lefty was really strong on the #2.5 MMS and just missed the #3 MMS by 3 or 4 mm i'd guess.

I think i'm going to alternate between wide reps of the #2.5 and volume MMS closes of the #3 on days when i feel strong, and then high volume TNS #2 work on days when i don't feel so hot. Glad to be making progress though!

If you train with a choker, just make sure that you don't neglect MMS training as well. training in chokers all the time might make your set strength weak.

Yup, I'm a good example. I'm closing the #3 from 36mm choked, but can't get it MMS (I don't train it much).

Edited by Magnus Gustafsson

nice. gotta feel good to get those handles to touch choked or not. keep it going.

Definitely man, I'll keep improving.

Gains aren't linear, they are cyclical. You're going to cycle or be forced to cycle and will probably stall around the 3rd to 5th workout because you can't do 11 max effort sessions with the same exercises and not stall. My personal advice would be to take a deload (or 'light' week) every few (3 or 4) workouts.

Good job on the gains though man.

Gains aren't linear, they are cyclical. You're going to cycle or be forced to cycle and will probably stall around the 3rd to 5th workout because you can't do 11 max effort sessions with the same exercises and not stall. My personal advice would be to take a deload (or 'light' week) every few (3 or 4) workouts.

Agreed, i usually feel after a few sessions of closing my #2.5 and #3 that my strength starts going down, so i cut the grippers for a couple of days, do some wrist rolling, levering and general gym work then slowly work back into grippers with a high rep session of my #1 and #2 to mix things up, then about a week after i felt like i was getting weak, hit the bigger grippers again and usually i'm stronger than before.

Agreed, i usually feel after a few sessions of closing my #2.5 and #3 that my strength starts going down, so i cut the grippers for a couple of days, do some wrist rolling, levering and general gym work then slowly work back into grippers with a high rep session of my #1 and #2 to mix things up, then about a week after i felt like i was getting weak, hit the bigger grippers again and usually i'm stronger than before.

I was thinking about just plugging it in something pavel made, but I figured that if I take a complete week off every time I plateau or go backwards, I'd be gold. What do you guys think?

If you throw a basketball against the ground the first bounce is always the highest, then the second, then the third, and so on. Strength is refining gross motor skills or learning.

What you're saying would probably work, but isn't optimal. It's almost like saying "I'm going to study until I burn out, then take a break and come back." It's better to be fresh in the long term since and the short term since.

So not only should you stay fresh in your workout, but stay fresh in your gains as well.