Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Managed 8 consecutive TNS reps with my #2 today, with both hands. Still nowhere near my #2.5 though, quite odd. I think that i must have a tough #2.5, as it didn't take me that long to go from MMS of my #2.5 to MMSing my #3. Means that TNS of my #2.5 will present an extra challenge! But should make it all the more worthwhile when i finally get it!

• Like 1

Great close Bubba29! Are you close to a CCS or TNS with this gripper?

no way, not even close. i am not sure if you notice in my video but right after the set and right before the crush, i pop my pinkie finger. it gets stuck in the straight position(see my gallery for the reason why) and i have to push it to a bent position right before i attempt a close. this makes wide closes tough for me. i started grippers thinking it would help stabilize my pinkie but it hasn't. i can TNS a 1 but haven't tried anything harder than that. i also have smallish hands. as you can see, i have plenty of excuses why i cannot do wide closes.

Nice Job Bubba29! No problems setting it and holding shut.

How close are you on the #3 I don't own a #3 yet and what just curious how close it feels.

I have a 2, 2.5, and 3. And I'm not sure if my #3 is a 'true' 3, but my 2.5 really feels like a 2.8, just a few hairs under the 3.

From my limited experience, I'd say that the 2.5-3 gap is smaller than the 2-2.5 gap.

Sounds like you got your money's worth then with the 2.5.

i believe on this board respectability starts at coc 3 so my journey continues.

Edited by bubba29

Sounds like you got your money's worth then with the 2.5.

As a bridge to the #3, yeah. But the initial effort's gonna have to be a lot more until I can close the 2.5.

i believe on this board respectability starts at coc 3 so my journey continues.

And to think the #3 used to be the ultimate test of strength... Times change.

The strength of 100 men... Was it?

And he has sex with his 200 wives while bending coins with his eye.

Not during his orgy, but after he was finished with his wives, he's bent the gold nail with his throbbing...

Hands.

Not during his orgy, but after he was finished with his wives, he's bent the gold nail with his throbbing...

Hands.

this thread has taken a weird turn

• Like 1

I managed 2 sets of 4 full reps with the #2.5 today. Felt really good.

Btw I bought a $3 dynamometer online the other day, I know it's gonna break within a week from getting it but I'm still excited for it to come in.

Yeah especially since international shipping for it was $0.50

I got no idea how they make money on that product, even if it doesn't work.

On the flip side, if it comes in unhurt, I can grip it to death on camera for a very cool vid.

It's made of "durable plastic". Hope it's really really durable...

Some industrial plastics are harder than steel... I still say that it's a print out :P

You're going to have to make a video the first time that you squeeze it... I wanna see it explode.

Good point.

Yeah, I'll definitely take a video of my attempt to max it/break it.

Are you on any supplements for working out or getting grip?

Multi-vitamins, clean wholesome diet, and healthy living... take care of your internal body(organs) and it will regulate your external body(bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles)

Some may disagree, but supplements are only big due to supplement companies peddling them so hard. I know that this is a generalization, but most supplements are stimulants which burns out the affected organ. Your body adapts under controlled stress and has adapted over millions of years to contain everything that it needs under those stressed conditions.

I've taken probiotics for a while now, I'm lactose intolerant so it lets me drink all the milk I want.

I just started taking creatine too, I'm hoping to make some big gains with that and working out lots.