Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Nice Chez, definitely a good feeling to see the hard work hanging on the wall for good

• Like 1

Congratulations again on the huge accomplishment with the law degree! That is going to look really nice next to your future mm7 cert and ironmind 3.5/red nail cert :)

A 197 rgc close is getting close to the highest recorded rgc close. That should be a fun challenge for you.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. Another great thing about grip is that I have interacted with a lot great people over the past 2 years like you guys. Well I trained chest and biceps tonight. Nothing special. Kept the weight light and the reps high. I'm not going to log the details though. I'm in crunch mode studying for the bar exam and I'm going to be pulling very late nights just like all the times I had final exams. I will probably take breaks to crush some grippers and bend steel so I can stay sharp but I won't be logging it. No more logging until the bar exam is over at the end of this month.

Good luck bro, you'll get it - given your intense work ethic.

Thanks bro. I have been staying up late and I needed to walk away from the computer. The grippers were calling me name from the drawer. I warmed up quick and gave my Freak MM3 Replica Rated at 192 lbs by Cannon a shot. Dang I got close. The video was way to blurry to tell but I got close. My webcam doesn't handle motion blur well and I was shaking like a crack addict. this is the best still I could get. I think I missed by 1mm or so:

Freak 192 lb Rated MM3 Attempt (Rated by Cannon)

Not bad for staying up to 4am every night lately.
  • Like 3

Real strong man, 192 is crazy ! Even with lack of sleep your still a monster!

Damn son... You're closing in on having one of the best crush grips on earth... You definitely passed the bar to practice grip

Real strong man, 192 is crazy ! Even with lack of sleep your still a monster!

Thanks dude. I think with proper rest and warmup I can grind the handles. Hoping to take down the MM5 certification as soon as these tests are over. Until then I'll make sure to sneak in gripper workouts to keep my strength up.

Damn son... You're closing in on having one of the best crush grips on earth... You definitely passed the bar to practice grip

haha, that was a good one. cheers buddy.

You got it man id imagine the cut in gripper training will help you heal up real good.

get some gripper training in during a study break.

GHP 8 Cert Attempt (RGC 174.6), so freaking close: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XsEYERVwy4. This cert goes down this summer.

RB 280 MMS Off Hand (My Left) PR close (174 RGC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQrxfKNJMs

Good luck bro, you'll get it - given your intense work ethic.

Thanks bro. I have been staying up late and I needed to walk away from the computer. The grippers were calling me name from the drawer. I warmed up quick and gave my Freak MM3 Replica Rated at 192 lbs by Cannon a shot. Dang I got close. The video was way to blurry to tell but I got close. My webcam doesn't handle motion blur well and I was shaking like a crack addict. this is the best still I could get. I think I missed by 1mm or so:

Not bad for staying up to 4am every night lately.

192 rated gripper, that is a freak MM3...Man your crush is something

Amazing job as always!

Cheers fellas. I gotta admit that it stings missing the GHP 8 cert by that tiny margin. I'll give it another go in a week.

Looks like I missed a lot while I was off of here.

Beastly work on grippers, dude.

Looks like I missed a lot while I was off of here.

Beastly work on grippers, dude.

Thanks buddy. It took a while but I finally found something I'm good at :upsidedwn

So I took a study break and gave that Freak 192 lb rated MM3 by Cannon a try again. This is really really close. It may have been closed for a split second. The video stinks because of motion blur since my web camera stinks. Especially on max attempts. I got these stills from it. Anyone reading this think its closed? I think Pic A could be, Mike Sharkey thinks Pic B is:

Pic A:

Freak MM3 Attempt A

Pic B:

Freak MM3 Attempt B

Edited by Chez

Both closes or miss by a fat hair, but i'd go for B also. however great work man. I just can't keep such hard progress up. Unbelievable.

Just had 4 kids staying over this night for pyama party, and I am utterly wrecked.

Good stuff Chez.

Both closes or miss by a fat hair, but i'd go for B also. however great work man. I just can't keep such hard progress up. Unbelievable.

Just had 4 kids staying over this night for pyama party, and I am utterly wrecked.

Good stuff Chez.

Thanks Geralt. I have been so tired lately studying and trying to cram so much info into my brain. I took a study break today and after warming up I bent a red nail in single IMPs with no rubber bands under 1 min. Hopefully I can knock at the red nail cert this summer.

• Like 1

Nice i need to get in on the red nail, i do bending never tr.

Tried a red nail.

Nice i need to get in on the red nail, i do bending never tr.

Tried a red nail.

Bending is tons of fun, but I have to admit its the toughest thing I have ever trained. You have to block out pain until your hands toughen. I also have poor shoulder flexibility so I have to bend pretty low which means I have to use a lot more force. Its tough to balance with gripper training as well since a lot people struggle to be good at both.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

I have done some bending for a while just have not tried the rednail, and yea i woke up with swollen wrist and knuckles the first few bending sessions

I have done some bending for a while just have not tried the rednail, and yea i woke up with swollen wrist and knuckles the first few bending sessions

I remember the first time I tried a red and I was shocked that people can actually bend one. The jump from 1/4" steel to 5/16" is huge.

I'm freaking exhausted. been studying a lot. Its just a huge amount of information. I signed up for the MM5. I want to try it right after my tests and before I go away on vacation August 5th. This is kind of like when I certified on the MM3. I attempted it right after final exams last winter. I'm not sure how strong I will be. I have been pulling a lot of late nights and haven't had much time to train. I have been sneaking in some grip work here and there. Either way it will be a fun way to celebrate. Worst case scenario is that I get to feel what the gripper is like for next time.

• Like 3

Sounds rough but i don't think your grip is going anywhere.