NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi,

I am Salem I closed HeeavyDuty Grip 150lb on my right arms couple time and I am a lefty but rarely closed it with my left.

It kind weird that someday I cant even close it and some day I closed it 6 time or 7 with my right and one or two lucky close with my left.

well i should probly do this.

hey my name is travis, from stevens point wisconsin

i've been powerlifting for 3 years with a pb of 285 bench 460 squat and 615 deadlift at 180 lbls and 5'9 inches.

what brought me here is failing to increase my 615 deadlift because of the fact i couldn't grip anymore but my body had alot more pull in it and here i am. i'm not quite sure how much grippers are going to do for my deadlift but i got hooked on them and i'm sure if i double my crushing strength then i can atleast hold 15 more lbls to my dead. my pb's so far is level 11 on a vulcan gripper and 1/4 off of the new double stamp #3. one question i have is what gripping would have the most carryover to my deadlifting grip?

Hey,

My name is Jason and I am from Charlotte, NC. I am an armwrestler and enjoy grip training. As of right now I regularly train with the COC 1,2,3,4 grippers as well as the IMTUG 5,7. I have closed the 3 a few times but, not on a consistent basis and can only move the 4 about half way. I also use the Expand Your Hand Bands frequently as a warm-up/cool-down. I would like to get to the point were I can do consistent reps with the #3, and really improve my crushing grip strength as well as finger strength.

well i should probly do this.

hey my name is travis, from stevens point wisconsin

i've been powerlifting for 3 years with a pb of 285 bench 460 squat and 615 deadlift at 180 lbls and 5'9 inches.

what brought me here is failing to increase my 615 deadlift because of the fact i couldn't grip anymore but my body had alot more pull in it and here i am. i'm not quite sure how much grippers are going to do for my deadlift but i got hooked on them and i'm sure if i double my crushing strength then i can atleast hold 15 more lbls to my dead. my pb's so far is level 11 on a vulcan gripper and 1/4 off of the new double stamp #3. one question i have is what gripping would have the most carryover to my deadlifting grip?

Welcome I had the same problem a couple years ago when my DL wasn't going anywere. I found the Diesel Crew and been stuck as well. I only did CoC grippers back then and it made my deadlift jump 15lbs in only a month of training since my body was strong already. But I would definatly ad some pinch work and some recovery/supporting work into it.

Guest Odhibjorn

Total newbie here. Started lifting a month ago after getting the "OK" from the family doctor after a bad knee and shoulder injury left me useless for some time and not able to be active at all really. Got interested in grip training and got myself a CoC trainer, can do 20 consecutive closes with it now and am thinking I'm ready to order #1-#3 and start my journey in grip strength. Great to be on this forum, glad I found it. Looking forward to some interesting reading and maybe picking up a few tips and pointers.

Hi everyone,

I am Josh from Los Angeles, CA. Just tore my left acl/mcl ligaments 2 months ago during a sparring match. Anyway can't do as much lower body wise-so I have been working the upper body like nuts. Found a new love for the grip game, as it is fun,rewarding,addictive-and I can do it sitting on my ass! Currently I do my wrist work on push days and grip work on pull days. Btw, I am getting interested in arm wrestling-anyone around my hood? Just wanna end by saying that I am amazed by the people here,their strength and support of one another. Keep it up mahalo

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I recently got interested in grip training as a result of stumbling onto some videos on Youtube of people smashing apples and tearing cards up. I'm 31 years old, but I think it's never too late to chase down some strength goals. I'm about 5' 11" and 200Lbs. with about 7.5" hands. I'm still very new to the grip world, so I don't have too many grip-related goals other than closing the CoC #3 and tearing a full deck of cards. I'm currently closing the #2, but #3 barely moves right now. I'm looking forward to getting some good training advice from some of you who have been at it a while and know what works. I'm from Brooklyn Park, MN if there's any other MN members on here.

Hi folks. I got a few grippers a while back, but now I want to get serious. I started with the Trainer and #1 CoC. At first I was too weak to even close the #1, but now I can do it with ease for low reps. Soon, I'm going to buy the #1.5 and #2 and work my way up. At the moment I'm trying to increase my reps on the #1 using a grease the groove method. Just came here looking for a community that can give me advice along the way.

Hey guys, bit of a lurker. Long time grip guy though. I rock climb, do judo, gymnastics, and heavy thick bar lifts.

I recently got a set of heavy grippers. I know they are not the best like some out there, but they work and the price was great for 100-350.

My question is this, I really have no clue how to set up a routine. With lifting I do 5x5, or 8x3 mainly training for strength and eating for size. With these I literally have no idea.

I used the search, but got a lot of random stuff, so I apologize if this has been asked before( I am sure it has)

Basically I can close the 100, 150, 200 with either hand, and the 250 with my right hand. I also have two of the Ironmind handgripper helpers.

Anybody recommend a basic training routine? Looking to get that 350 closed lol. Thanks for your time guys.

Tim

O some information. I am about 135lbs. I train on Rings, I also do Olympic lifts, as well as Rock Climb. I also train in Judo and submission grappling.

Hello and thanks already for all the great information. I compete in BJJ, Olympic Lift and Strength train. I am 6' 1" and 190 LB's with some fairly large hands. Not stout just long limbed I guess. I have several different types of grippers (CoC, Bonecrushers and FBBC SPECIAL EDITION SERIES GRIPPERS BY ROBERT BARABAN) and I just recently got some stuff from John Beatty at Fat Bastard and I realized how weak my hands really are.

I am too new at grip training to have any set in stone goals. I am going to add the first workout for beginners into my existing workout template. I keep a detailed training log on another forum which I don't believe is conflicting but I am not going to post a link as I want to be respectful of the gripboard rules.

There is such an enormous amount of information on this site I should be busy for many days just reading.

Thanks in advance for the shared knowledge.

Edited by derek simonds

Hello everyone my name is Anderson i am from sydney Australia,i discovered gripboard from a thread in another forum i have come here for a number of reasons which is including for work and for weightlifting training.

I beleive that my grip is preventing me from reaching my full potential for example on the last part of back training day my grip is failing it is ok at the start for deadlifts and rows but i normally finish with heavy rear shrugs and by this time hardly hold the bar,i also beleive poor grip strength is holding me back on other exercises.

Good grip strength will also help me in working,my trade is bricklaying but due to fight with employer i am currently working laying steel reinforcing (steelfixer) i enjoy working in the sun and using my hands.

I would like to ask anyone on here for there advice as to how i should start grip training properly and how it fits around normal weightlifting training.My current schedule is monday-chest biceps calves,tuesday-legs,wenesday-rest,thursday-back,friday-shoulders triceps.weekend rest

if anyone can advise me where to start from there it would be very welcome

other information about me is i am 21 years weight is 95kg/209 pounds height is 184cm/6.03 feet.My other interest are spearfishing,playing rugby league which is a big sport here and having time with my wife and my beautiful son who is two years next week.

thankyou to everyone who helps me

Edited by Anderson.

Welcome I know were your at I had the same problem a few years ago with my grip limiting me on my deadlifts. If you have some extra cash I recommend purchasing some Captian Of Crush Grippers. If not you can take a towel and wrap it around a pullup bar and do pull ups with it like that on a modified thick bar it will smoke your grip. Also do some Pinch work take 3-5 10lb plates place them together with the outside plates flat out and hold them together with one hand for lifts like 5x5. Thats a few ideas that can really help. Good luck

Hi. My name is Tim and I've been grip training for just over a year now. I'm 44 and 5'10 and 195lbs. I can now finally without doubt close my coc 2 with my right hand and most times with my left. My goal is of course to eventually close the coc 3. It took me 6 days to be able to close the coc 1 when I first got it, and I thought I had a strong grip when I ordered it. I train at 205 lbs. with my go-really grip machine. I certainly don't know everything I need to know to keep improving and that's why I joined the Gripboard. My goal right now is to close my coc 2.5. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Tim.

Hi I'm David, I am 16 years old. I got interested in grip training a couple of weeks ago, when my friend brought his coc T and #1 to school. I closed the T first try with both hands, then did the same with the #1. I borrowed his coc T, as a start. I think that grip training will benefit my pole vaulting and is the coolest type of training!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I am 32, 5'7" 140-145 lbs, and got into occasional grip training through a friend of mine whom I met through my work. I own and operate an auto repair shop. My friend/client came in one day (he trains grip as well as wrestling and ultimate fighting) and thought I should try to rip a phone book. I thought it was impossible for me, but he insisted I try, since I do work with my hands all day, everyday for the last 15 or so years. Well, to my surprise, I was able to rip it. He then got me into the feats of hand strength, even gave me the 336 lbs of fury DVD.

So of course, I attempted ripping a deck of cards in half, and was able to on my first try.

Then he brought me his T, #1 and #2 CoC, and after a few days was able to close the #2 with my right hand and a few mm shy with my left. I can now do 4 reps with the #2 with my right and only 1 with my left.

My goal is to be able to close the number 2 with m left hand equally as my right, and then move on to get in the ballpark of the number 3. I came across this board when I purchased the KTA program e-book. Still on the first week of that.

Hello Gentlemen.

I'm 40 yrs old and been lifting weights since 1985. Grip was always my weakest link but didn't know what to do about it. Year ago read the Brookfield book for the first time and a few months ago found the Gripboard. I went nuts with grip training but unlike some members who close #2 after a week's training I'm still on #1.5 level and a bit suicidal about it. Wife is insulting me daily for all the grip paraphernalia everywhere in the house, which doesn't help either.

I would appreciate if anyone has an idea about supplements such as glucosamine, chondroitin etc for the connective tissue. I seem to have a lot of poblems and wander if they are of any use? Thanks in advance

flat6, great job! No surprises there, considering your hand-labor-intensive history.

KS, there's a search button on the top right. Just type in glucosamine, lots of mentions and opinions over the years. And keep the wife happy. As insane as grip training is, its always better to have her support!

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I posted a couple times on the KTA forum before seeing this newbies section. I'm 29 yrs old and have been training grip off and on since mid 2006. I finally got sick of not being able to close the #3, so here I am. I'm 5' 8" and a little over 200 lbs. I started bodybuilding about 10 yrs ago, but have always been about the strength. I'm starting phase 3 of KTA tommorrow. I closed the #3 with about a 1.5 inch set last saturday. My fist goal is to close the #3 w/ a CCS so I can get certified. Obviously I need to work on my sweep.

Hello all. This is my first post. I was approved this morning. A little bit about me: I am 23 years old. I am 6'3" tall, weigh about 350#. And, no I am not a rock solid bodybuilder, but I am also not a total softy either. Most people would guess I weigh about 280 so I carry my weight very well.

My hand size is about 8" long, to the tip of my middle finger. And, about 4" wide across the palm. (don't know if that really matters) Also, my wrist is 9" around, so I have a pretty big bone structure. I have a 60" chest and a 44" waist.

What got me started in this whole grip addiction: A friend of mine had one of those sports store grippers, that works each finger individually. So, after a google search I ran across the COC grippers. Already, ordered the #1. (gonna be here Monday) After a little more looking, I found the Red Nail, the gripboard and tons of everything else grip related.

Of course, I have always been interested in strongman competitions and highland games. My grandfather was Scottish, so I have attended many Celtic festivals and the like.

Well, after all this, I would eventually like to close the COC #3, and bend the Red Nail. Maybe, some day, the #4. Hey, a guy can dream can't he.

I guess that is about it.

Hello everyone! My name is Harley and I'm from Manila, Philippines. I'm 24 yrs old and stand about 5'6 and weigh 155lbs. I got to this board from beastskills.com

I do train for dragon boat races and I notice that my grip with the paddle is not that stable. This is why I got interested with grip training and also I wanted to start rope climbing.

I will get those CoC's soon! but am still trying to get one locally. I ultimate goal is to close the #3!

Hello everyone! My name is Harley and I'm from Manila, Philippines. I'm 24 yrs old and stand about 5'6 and weigh 155lbs. I got to this board from beastskills.com

I do train for dragon boat races and I notice that my grip with the paddle is not that stable. This is why I got interested with grip training and also I wanted to start rope climbing.

I will get those CoC's soon! but am still trying to get one locally. I ultimate goal is to close the #3!

Welcome Harley! You're the only person I've seen so far from the Philippines (I'm an American but I live in the Philippines). I don't think you'll find any CoC grippers (or any other heavy duty grippers - BB/RB/HG) in the Philippines. I had to order mine from the USA and have them sent over to me. Maybe you can get a friend or relative living/working there to help you out. Welcome to the gripboard and good luck with your training. :D

Hello! I am 24 yrs old man from Finland. I've been lifting weights about 4 years focusing on the three big lifts, powerlifting. After back surgery two years ago I've had hard time to motivate myself into training. But now I have good drive going on!

I found grippers last summer and been training with them only few months. Last week I closed my CoC #2.5 with deep set for first time and few days after that the Beef Builder Super Master had to fall under my Force. :D

The next victim is going to be the CoC #3!

Here is few videos;

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceRX

Whats up my name is Mark DeSouza maybe the first brazilian to be on the gripboard? Anyways always worked with my hands woman, cars, etc so my good friend Paul Knight told me to use that strength for something else (moderator edit) . So I did so now I train with him and Eric Milfeld on a weekly basis. Hopefully trying to catch up you guys.

Whats up my name is Mark DeSouza maybe the first brazilian to be on the gripboard? Anyways always worked with my hands woman, cars, etc so my good friend Paul Knight told me to use that strength for something else besides . So I did so now I train with him and Eric Milfeld on a weekly basis. Hopefully trying to catch up you guys.

Glad your joining us Mark - you crack me up