NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi, i'm 24 and I got interested in gripping through climbing. I started rock climbing a few years ago, made some great improvements in the beginning and then stagnated.

I just about started on gathering information on gripping power and I feel pretty weak compared to what I've seen... :blink

I just purchased my first "serious" gripper, the HG 200, which wasn't the best choice, as I've read five minutes ago. Anyway, I can close it 20 times with each hand, so I guess I should get another gripper?

20 reps with either hand is pretty good even though they vary. the coc #2 would be a good gripper to get next, it should give you a good gauge of where you're at

Thanks, the coc #2 was the next I was going to buy. Or do you think that my money would be better spent with the Vulcan, since it sort of "grows" with me?

On my birthday in July... until then I'll imrpovise a bit, hangin on the doorframe and stuff.

Hi guys.. Newbie here

Stats:

weight: 82kg

hight: 187cm

Grip training experience: Next to none

Grip achievments: Closed CoC #2 on the first try a couple of days ago at a friends place, close with the left.

Goal: Improve my grip (duuh!) since now im having somewhat trouble hanging on to the weights.

Im ordering CoC 1.5 2.0 and 2.5 today. Got a crappy "the local sports store"-gripper that I close about 50 times so that'll be a good warmup.

Gonna be great getting to know ya'll!

And yeah, what other excercises should I do except the CoC grippers? Ill also start wrist training(??) at the gym, both with my palms facing me and the other way around (geez, english isn't always that easy ^^ )

Anyone got some tips? Wish me luck!

//Nobody

Hey guys I've been lurking here for awhile and never got around to introducing myself. I'am 5'7" 168lbs. and live in VA. and have been training grip for about 5 months, been lifting for 13 years. I have found a wealth of info here and would like to thank everybody for that.

Hello everyone another newbie here.

I recently cleaned up my room and sold about everything, even my brand new 40 inch LCD Full HD TV,

because I got sick of my full room. I usually filled my days with gaming but I got so sick of all those poor quality

games lately so I stopped gaming. And now with alot of space in my room I decided to add some bodybuild/strongman

equipment to my room. So I was looking on the internet for bodybuild stuff so I bought a squat cage some kettlebells and

the CoC #4. I've been going to the gym for about 4 years, and never really went into grip training till I saw those CoC grippers on some site. That site only had the CoC #3.5 and the #4 for sale. So I first bought the #4 because I curious about how heavy it was to close. But no way I could close it with one hand, the best I got was a bit past parallel. The only way I could close it was with 2 hands and between my legs.

But still I got addicted to the grip training and bought some Heavy Grips and the last 3.5 they had on the site there.

So while trying to close the CoC #4 for 3 weeks I finnaly got the strength to close the HG300 I bought. And ofcource

in the future I will try to close heavier grippers. I hope I can order some stuff from the ironmind.com site like a Rolling Thunder and a CoC #3. OK enough talk here are some stats about me:

Weight: 130kg(286lb)

Height: 182cm (6')

Goals: CoC #3 and higher certification. And hopefully some day I will join a strongman competition.

Extra stuff: I have ordered about 700lb olympic weights, so I hope I can make some video when I have video-worthy strength. If someone wants to see the HG300 one hand close then check the video on youtube (same username)

Hey fellas,

I'm Sean, 6'3" 220 lbs. I train for all around strength in both the power lifts, and olympic lifts. I just started getting into the COC's, and have the trainer and the #1. I also have a 2" thick barbell that I love to play with, along with that I like plate pinches, static holds, farmer walks, and do all my lifting in general with chalk only ;)

I've heard a lot of good things about this board and plan on hanging around learning as much as I can and provide as many useful posts I can as well.

Edited by shizz

Name is Bill. 5'11'' 200lbs

Been armwrestling for about 4 years at local tournaments as well as playing Semi-pro baseball for the past few summers. Bought a set of Heavy Grippers (100-300) to improve baseball arm-strength. Can close the 300 Heavy grippers with right hand only. Got on this sight for armwrestling practices. Would like to know how the Heavy grippers compair to the COCs. I am assuming that the number 3 COC is equivalent to the 300lb heavy gripper. Most of my arwrestling arm strength is directly related to my baseball arm strength.

Guest Bullitt

I'm Mike:

41 years young. 6'3" 235 Lbs. Grip training for 18 months now. Also do heavy underground training. Dead lifts with rotating handle, kettlebells, weighted dips, several pullup and chin-up variations, Farmers carries, etc...

A guy in my office brought in 3 Heavy Grips Hand grippers to work a while back: The 100, 150 and 200. Three of us started using them 3 times per week. At first I was way behind these two young guns, but quickly caught up and now own some of the office records, which upsets the 20 somethings to no end. :D I am now addicted. I now own the 200 and 250 and can close the 200 pounder 40 times right, 22 times left. The 250: 15 times right, only 3 times left.

Not sure how the Heavy Grips grippers stack up against the Captains of Crush Grippers (after reading these posts, I now understand those are the gold standard). I want to work my way up to get certified on the CofC #3 280lbs gripper and will be purchasing one soon. Does anybody out there have an idea if the heavy grips are apples to apples with the CofC's or am I comparing apples to shotputs?

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

I'm Mike:

41 years young. 6'3" 235 Lbs. Grip training for 18 months now. Also do heavy underground training. Dead lifts with rotating handle, kettlebells, weighted dips, several pullup and chin-up variations, Farmers carries, etc...

A guy in my office brought in 3 Heavy Grips Hand grippers to work a while back: The 100, 150 and 200. Three of us started using them 3 times per week. At first I was way behind these two young guns, but quickly caught up and now own some of the office records, which upsets the 20 somethings to no end. :D I am now addicted. I now own the 200 and 250 and can close the 200 pounder 40 times right, 22 times left. The 250: 15 times right, only 3 times left.

Not sure how the Heavy Grips grippers stack up against the Captains of Crush Grippers (after reading these posts, I now understand those are the gold standard). I want to work my way up to get certified on the CofC #3 280lbs gripper and will be purchasing one soon. Does anybody out there have an idea if the heavy grips are apples to apples with the CofC's or am I comparing apples to shotputs?

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

Mike the HGs vary quite a bit but usually the HG 250 is about like a IM #2

Guest Bullitt
I'm Mike:

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

So it sounds like I should buy the #2.5 and the #3, instead of jumping right to the #3. Thanks!

I'm Mike:

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

So it sounds like I should buy the #2.5 and the #3, instead of jumping right to the #3. Thanks!

You got it. There is a good gripper rankings thread pinned in the FAQ section. post 74 in it has a fairly decent list of rankings.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=271186

- Aaron

Guest Bullitt
I'm Mike:

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

You got it. There is a good gripper rankings thread pinned in the FAQ section. post 74 in it has a fairly decent list of rankings.

- Aaron

Thanks again Aaron. That was very helpful. I guess I'm not as advanced as I thought. lol But that's ok, just gives me more room for improvement. And if we're not improving, we're dying.

Mike

Hey guys! my name is Henning im pretty new here and i guess i could need some advice. anyway about me im 15 years old and i weigh 130 lbs im 5'7 feet tall. the thing is i just got the CoC1 and i can almost close it im sort of half of an inch away from closing it and i dont have any other grippers that i can excercise with so i was wondering if theres any other way i can strengthen my forearms/grip with? i have a set of dumbells 20 lbs max and i have a Ez curl bar as well. my question is if i would hold the dumbells in my hand and just roll it up to my palm kinda like as if im squeezing it would that alone increase my grip strength so that i could close my CoC1? i would be thankful for an answer :D

My name is Chad: 5'10"-210 lbs.

I've been playing with the CoC Grippers; have closed a #2 with the right hand, have done 170# on the Rolling Thunder and am just starting to play with the blobs. I'm just now starting to train consistently and my short term goal is to get the Grip Gauntlet-Light. Long term goals are #3 CoC and picking up the Inch. Aside from that I just want to get stronger. I enjoy reading the forums, so much info.

Hi there!

Kenneth from Norway here. Started my grip training only a week ago, so i'm new to this exciting world of gripping :)

Planning to ceritify on the Captains of Crush # 3 and maybe even the # 3.5 as soon as possible, and of course become a Mash Monster member :D

You'll here from me when i make my progress!

Kenneth

Henning - I didn't see your post earlier, but ne thing I learned for wrist curls is the keep the hand closed. For bodybuilding, they say to let the bar roll down into the fingertips and pull it back. This works the forearms, but not the wrists as much as keeping the hand closed, which is what you want for grip strength. Unfortunately, I think you'd probably have to use more weight than 20 lbs to get much benefit from wrist curls.

Hello, my name is Mark more known as Mazurek45 on YouTube. I just recently (in the past 9 months) have gotten into this grip stuff. Up until about a month or 2 ago, I just played around with the grippers, now I actually train for them. I’ve closed the coc-3 with a credit card recently in training, and have closed coc-2 for 27 reps. I have never tried any of the bending stuff. I would like too though. The rolling thunder looks very interesting as well. I'm 5'9'' 305 lbs. I usually did powerlifting stuff in the past. Still do, but just not competing in it much. But I am addicted to this grip stuff now! It’s a blast! I'm new and it’s great to meet you all!!!

Mazurek45

Hello, my name is Mark more known as Mazurek45 on YouTube. I just recently (in the past 9 months) have gotten into this grip stuff. Up until about a month or 2 ago, I just played around with the grippers, now I actually train for them. I’ve closed the coc-3 with a credit card recently in training, and have closed coc-2 for 27 reps. I have never tried any of the bending stuff. I would like too though. The rolling thunder looks very interesting as well. I'm 5'9'' 305 lbs. I usually did powerlifting stuff in the past. Still do, but just not competing in it much. But I am addicted to this grip stuff now! It’s a blast! I'm new and it’s great to meet you all!!!

Mazurek45

Nice to see you joined :rock

Guest Bullitt
I'm Mike:

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

- Aaron

Aaron, your advice was perfect. Got the CofC #2.5 today. I had done my normal grip workout this morning so my forearms were a bit fried, but was able to get it closed. Glad i didn't jump straight from the HG250 to the #3. It was perfect. thanks again! The #3 is next!

My name is Kris. I'm 27 years old 6' 195. I got into grip training about a year ago very casually after getting a couple HG grippers (100, 150). Trained with those along with the HG 200 and 250 for a few months almost daily (had no idea we were overtraining at that point). Didn't pick up a gripper for several months until recently pulled them back out to get serious. Fellow Gripboard member Bullitt and I are shooting to get C of C #3 certified as quickly as possible. Would also like to get ready for light format at GNC Grip Gauntlet next year (have never attempted blob or rolling thunder so it could be a long road!).

Also enjoy general strength training and have a soft spot in my heart for the bench press. Have been strength training on and off for the last 11 years.

Another longer term goal for me is to get my raw bench max up to 400lbs by the end of the year

Guest Bullitt
My name is Kris. I'm 27 years old 6' 195. I got into grip training about a year ago very casually after getting a couple HG grippers (100, 150). Trained with those along with the HG 200 and 250 for a few months almost daily (had no idea we were overtraining at that point). Didn't pick up a gripper for several months until recently pulled them back out to get serious. Fellow Gripboard member Bullitt and I are shooting to get C of C #3 certified as quickly as possible. Would also like to get ready for light format at GNC Grip Gauntlet next year (have never attempted blob or rolling thunder so it could be a long road!).

Also enjoy general strength training and have a soft spot in my heart for the bench press. Have been strength training on and off for the last 11 years.

Another longer term goal for me is to get my raw bench max up to 400lbs by the end of the year

Welcome Bro. A quick note to the board. Moved up from my HG250 to a CofC 2.5. Closed it for three reps this morning and am pumped. Goal is to be certified on #3 by the end of summer.

I'm Mike:

Thanks All!

Mike the Griptard!

- Aaron

Aaron, your advice was perfect. Got the CofC #2.5 today. I had done my normal grip workout this morning so my forearms were a bit fried, but was able to get it closed. Glad i didn't jump straight from the HG250 to the #3. It was perfect. thanks again! The #3 is next!

Glad I could help. Good luck to you.

- Aaron

Hello My name is Adam im 26.... 5.7 " 160lbs just started training my hands. I broke my hand about a year ago and its never been right since so thats why i started getting into the grip training i have a coc trainer and #1 some rubberbands and some eagle loops and a 25lb dumbbell that i use im looking for input on training and new training methods to work up to a coc #3

Adam