NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

hey all

my names Caolan. Ive been lurking here for a while. Im 20 years old and have been training grip for about 4 months. Ive been training pretty much everything grip related but my main love is bending. So far my PR is 7 x 1/4'' square in about 30 secs. Hopefully with all your help, the bastard will fall soon!

Hi all.I'm 16 yrs old boy.Before 2 days i bought Heavy Grip 150,200,250 and now i train my grip ;) When i start gripping yesterday i make 32 reps with 150 lbs. i think it is good,but my free hand was on the gripper to help me not to slip the gripper.This morning i do my first training with them - 6x10 and another 6x10 inverted gripping , both of them without the other hand.

Height : 1,80 cm

Weight : 65 kg

biggest achievment till now : 26 reps on 150lbs and 5 on 200 lbs gripper / 40kg on Preacher Curl

P.S - Sory for my bad english!

Hello, my name is James Retarides. I am a professional armwrestler from Charlotte, NC. I am a 3-time member of the US National team and a co-founder and tournament director for the Northeast Armwrestling Association. I host a practice every Saturday afternoon in Charlotte. All are welcome. :) As for grip training, I mainly do flat finger pullups and work with a multi-joint gripper I created for armwrestling affectionately known as "The Pimp" :D I do a lot of grippers with my bottom 2 and top 2 fingers (separate) with the #1 COC and the trainer.

I have closed the #3 COC but I am still miles away from closing the #4.

I'm Seth, 19 years old. I found this sight while researching bodyweight exercises. I technically have not started a grip routine, but will be doing so very soon, since my college's gym opens up on the 22 of this month. I'll be buying my first set of COC very soon as well (probably the trainer or sport). Martial Arts is a hobby of mine, so I've built up slightly more grip strength than the average person, but I'm no where near where I want to be.

Height: 5'8''

Weight: 169

G'day

Joining this board from the land down under. Just finished a couple of years competing in natural bodybuilding and looking to return to a lifestyle that focuses more on my long term health. I will be working pretty hard at BJJ and found some of my old Heavy Grips in the gym bag the other day and I'm looking on bringing my grip strength up as much as I can using the tools I have, the ones I can get, and the experience and advice of all who post here.

At the moment I close the HG 200 quite easily. As I've only just picked them back up again I will work on the 200 for the rest of the week then pick up the 250 this time next week to start work on it

Edited by tight five

Hi! I am completely new here and I saw someone mentioning the gripboard in a comment on a CoC film on youtube, so I googled it and here I am :)

I am trying to be the sixth person certified on the CoC no 3 in Norway, and maybe the first one sertified on the 3.5 in Norway sometime.

I have the CoC T, 1 and 2 and I ordered the 2.5 and 3 a couple of days ago from ironmind.

My best grip feat is 10 full repps on the CoC no2. I have also closed the CoC no.2 with 3 fingers for 5 repps.

Facts (raw):

height: 6.2 feet

(weights translated from kgs using google)

Weight: 233.689998 pounds

max bench press: 330.693393 pounds

max ass to grass squat: 440.924524 pounds

max deadlift: 462.970751 pounds

max neck-jerk: 286.600941 pounds

+

+

I am not quite sure what I want out of gripboard but I am very interested in grip strength and I wish to learn more :)

Edited by quasimodo

Hey everyone I'm Chris, 19 y/o from the UK, and I want to get a grip!

Started training my grip about 3 months ago using CoC and doing static holds so I can increase my deadlift etc.

Got the Trainer, #1 and #2, and I can close the #2 for 1-2 reps in each hand, my goal is to close the #2.5 or higher :) But I'm interested in other aspects of grip too such as tearing cards/books, bending, levering etc. I'd love to train some good practical uses of strength like strongman events when I'm stronger down the line, so I want to train my grip right away. :D

Started training my grip about 3 months ago using CoC and doing static holds so I can increase my deadlift etc.

Got the Trainer, #1 and #2, and I can close the #2 for 1-2 reps in each hand, my goal is to close the #2.5 or higher :) But I'm interested in other aspects of grip too such as tearing cards/books, bending, levering etc. I'd love to train some good practical uses of strength like strongman events when I'm stronger down the line, so I want to train my grip right away. :D

Welcome, if you can already close the #2 for a couple reps your well on your way. :rock

Hi. My name is Jonas Samuelsson (no kin to Magnus :( ) and ive been here on gripboard for about 2 months now and have been lurking in the waters of the great closers. I now want to intruduce myself properly.

I am a teacher in sports and helth in a town called Malmö in Sweden. I am 38 years old and have been gripping for about 5-6 months now. I weigh about 85 kilos.

My intrest in grippers comes from that i am a climber sins 15 years and i want to become stronger in my hands/fingers.

I can presently close a #3 from a 3,5 mm set in a choker both left and wright and my goal is certification on the #3.

Im also interested in pinching and ive managed 2 35:s but my goal is 2 45:s

I find this forum very nice and heres plenty of valuable information, Thanks!

Welcome, if you can already close the #2 for a couple reps your well on your way. :rock

Thanks, there's still a long way to go! =]

One question though, with the CoC grippers I found the average poundage ratings but what are the variances? Is it 95% likely to be +/- 2 or 3 lbs? Guess it's a hard thing to measure...

Hi again, in my presentation i ment that i could do a choked 35 mm set on the #3. NOT 3,5mm witch is good but not that good ;)

One question though, with the CoC grippers I found the average poundage ratings but what are the variances? Is it 95% likely to be +/- 2 or 3 lbs? Guess it's a hard thing to measure...

Are you talking about the RGC numbers? It detemines the actual weight in plates needed to close the gripper. Unfortunately there is a lot more variation than that. From what I've seen +/- 10 lbs isn't unusual, and it could easily be more. There is a list of gripper calibrations somewhere, but I'm not sure if anyone has compiled it into a list to get a standard deviation or anything. For that matter I'm not sure enough grippers have been calibrated for that kind of data to be much use.

Hi all, my name is Jose, 25 years old from Spain.

Some days ago I bought my first pair of CoC (T and #1). The first day, I needed 3 tries to close the T, but after 5 sessions of training and a better technique I was able to do 8 reps on T and one on #1, and this fact encouraged me a lot. I want to learn more about the grip world (and close harder CoC), so I decided to become a member of the forum.

Bye all!

Are you talking about the RGC numbers? It detemines the actual weight in plates needed to close the gripper. Unfortunately there is a lot more variation than that. From what I've seen +/- 10 lbs isn't unusual, and it could easily be more. There is a list of gripper calibrations somewhere, but I'm not sure if anyone has compiled it into a list to get a standard deviation or anything. For that matter I'm not sure enough grippers have been calibrated for that kind of data to be much use.

I was referring to the values IronMind use to advertise their grippers, but thanks for the info! 10 lbs is quite a lot but I guess it shouldn't matter too much, it's still going to be a progression in my training :)

I was referring to the values IronMind use to advertise their grippers, but thanks for the info! 10 lbs is quite a lot but I guess it shouldn't matter too much, it's still going to be a progression in my training :)

Check out the various discussions about calibrating grippers. It's pretty intresting. The IM numbers are their own and don't really mean a lot as far as I can tell. The method a lot of people here use involved hanging weight by a strap until a gripper closes...kep in mind I said +/- 10 lbs, meaning MOST (not all) #3's will take between 140 and 160 lbs of actual weight to fully close. Even that doesn't mean much by itself, since weights don't truly minic a hand's crush, but it does allow to differentiate between 'hard' and 'easy' grippers.

Hi egg. I cant set the 3 for shit so thats my biggest weeknes :( I will however practise more and then do the mm0 and then the ccs certification, i aint backing of now!

Hi. My name is Bill, I am a wrestling coach and father o' five. Grip is HUGE part of wrestling, judo and gymnastics so I am here to get some advice to help me and my kids (both literal and figurative) improve our grip strength. Right now I do Pull-ups, +63 lbs (my son) weighted pull-ups, fingertip push-ups, tucked planche push-ups, and hand/headstands to work my finger and forarm strength. I'm not really sure what I can have the kids do besides bodyweight exercises so any help would be appreciated.

Greetings Gripboard!

I’m 30 years old, 5’9’’ and 200 lbs. I train grip two or three times each week. Ever few weeks I change my focus and commit to work on thick handles, grippers, plate pinching, or wrist strength. I hope to some day lift the Inch, close the #3, and easily tear a deck of cards. Currently, I’m able to close the #2, RT 140 lbs, and pinch two 25lbs plates (with a bit of extra weight).

Hey there, new to the gripboard. I'm 35 and started my grip training about 2 months ago. Right now I'm just working with the CoC Trainer and the #1. I'm also looking to incorporate blobs and rolling thunder to my workouts. I just ordered the #1.5-#2.5. My goals are to close the #3 before the end of next year.

Yes, I am obsessed with grip training and I look forward to all the great information found within.

Hey there, new to the gripboard. I'm 35 and started my grip training about 2 months ago. Right now I'm just working with the CoC Trainer and the #1. I'm also looking to incorporate blobs and rolling thunder to my workouts. I just ordered the #1.5-#2.5. My goals are to close the #3 before the end of next year.

Yes, I am obsessed with grip training and I look forward to all the great information found within.

Good to see you over here J! You've definitely come to the right place!