Sybersnott

Hi

My name is Toru Okudaira.

Height is 177 centimeters.

The weight is 65 kilos.

I can close RB210.

I wanna be COC#3 in five years :)

What up peeps

My name is Todd I'm an actor/martial artist/aspiring stuntman. I am very into most strength athletics (modern strongman, powerlifting, highland games, armwrestling etc.) but I am most interested in the oldtime strongmen and feats of strength like bending, phonebook tearing, nail driving etc.. I really want to get better at bending so that is what I have been focusing on lately. Anyone live around Philadelphia? I'd love to start training with someone who is good at the things I just mentioned. I'm a grappling instructor, so if anyone is interested maybe we could do a little trade off or something.

I started really training grip strength about 4 weeks ago. A couple days ago I did a one hand pinch with 2 35's which i was fairly happy with. I can also hold 260 pounds in each hand for a lil over 30 seconds which I hope to improve to 300 in each hand for 30 sec by the summers end. My gym doesnt have much grip equipment so i have to improvise quite a bit to get a good workout in. I became a member of gripboard in hopes of learning new ways to train and gettin the inspiration to become a great gripper.

Hi, my name's Lol (Well, really Laurence but Lol is more convenient in every way and a whole lot more fun!)

I'm a regular over on the HST board and have been training my grip for about a year now. At the time I was trying to improve my deadlift and wanted to dispense with the use of straps. Steve Jones gave me some pointers and I went out and got me some CoC grippers (No.1-3). I'm currently working on the 3. I can get it past parallel but have a way to go before I can close it. Along the way my deadlift has improved and I no longer use straps for anything except heavy shrugs. I have since managed a rack pull with 600lb and held it for a good 5 seconds so I know my grip is getting there now. I haven't trained pinch grip yet so that's probably pretty poor but my goal is to get the No. 3 closed.

Recently, I have neglected my grip work but when I saw a post by Steve over on the HST forum about this board I thought it might be just the incentive I need to get back to it again.

Edited by Lol

I am a newbie here and have been grip training for 4 months. I am a rockclimber and can climb rock faces with ease. I am working on the 2.5 coc and like to mix my climbing training up to "bump it up" a notch. I am 6'2, 170lbs. Here is a video of one of my different gripper training meathods. Enjoy.

Haha that's brilliant! I see a new challange next to the coin hold, mosqito hold!

Just thought I would introduce myself here. Real name is Dustin, been lifting on and off or quite a while...started in high school for football..quit for a few years. and now I have gotten back into the swing of things.

I want to get rid of straps on deadlifts....I ordered up a #1 CoC, could get it closed, now am repping 10-12...so I ordered a Trainer and a #2 and will work from there...eventually wanting to get certified on the #3....I plan on making grip strength a key point in my workout regimen from here on out. To me, it is one of the most impressive aspects of lifting.

So get use to seein me around...take it easy and liftbig

My name is Josh, im almost 17. I weigh about 125 and I train for boxing. Im 168cm tall and im here because I need to improve my hand strength because I always hurt my hands in boxing.

Hey Guys,

My name is John Shippling, Ive been lurking and asking a question or two for a couple of years. Im not sure why Ive never posted here before. Im 36 years old 5'6" and around 170#. I got into grip training for climbing which I enjoy in all forms rock, ice, aid. I was thumbing through a climbing mag one day and saw an ad for COC grippers. My grip training has since taken on a life of its own. although I still love climbing. Ive been fortunate enough to meet a couple of serious gripsters Aaron C. and Derek G. who have helped me and answered a bunch of newbe questions. I competed in the cactus grip contest in February and had a great time, and would like to compete again in the future. Some of my accomplishments thus far in climbing NW face of half dome, east buttress of elcap, Upper and lower exum on grand teton, and most recently Pingora and Wolfs head in the wind river range in WY. In gripping and bending, closed #2 in competition, bent big bastard in comp, new goal gripper: retro heman. Great to be here and thanks to everyone who makes this forum fun and informative.

Ship

Hi my name is Dave from the Uk and i'm getting back into training after a long lay off 20yrs ! yea i'm a old guy 51 but whatever ! its arms and forearms i'm working on at the min with bonecrusher grips (150lbs warm up and 250lb limit at present) reping the 150lbs to 60 and the 250lbs to close almost last 1/4 inch is beating me !

interesting site

thanks for letting me join

Dave

Edited by hypnotist

Hi! I'm a Martial Arts instructor in the Pittsburgh area. Just here to learn a few things. I got a powerball yesterday and a friend recommended this site to me. Just checkin it out. :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank, I am pretty new to grip training, I have been in boxing and martial arts all my life.

I am 23 years old, 5, 10" 155lbs, I do a lot of body weight exercises, and running, hundreds of push ups, sit ups, etc...

I am not sure what my max lifts are last time I benchpressed was about a year ago and I could do 280lbs and I feel

stronger now than I did then.

I ordered a set of set of ironmind imtugs and captain of crush grippers six weeks ago, I was able to close the 1.5 when I received them in the mail, and now my current PR is 4 reps with the number 2.

Edited by Jsmiley

Hi everybody,

English is not my mother language, so I ask for your understanding.

I weight trained a couple of years, but I'm new to grippling and armwrestling world.

I were searching for armwrestling exercises for a long time now, especially to strengthen my forearms, after about a year of suffering from tennis elbow and tendonitis(not ideal working conditions, as well as bad technique from my part played a big role, I guess).

I attended physiotherapy about 3 months ago, and the pain from my forearms went away recently. I'm so happy! I was told - advised I could start training again, little by little, to strengthen my hands, as well as continue my streching routine.

Except from the physiotherapy exercises, I wanted to find more about forearm - hand training. I searched a lot on the Internet and I've found many videos and exercises I'd never seen before. Of course, my goal at this moment is NOT heavy training and not to put much stress on my forearms, but to exercise with light weights for any wrist-forearm-hand exercises I do. I try to be careful and I've also read on this forum exercises for beginners.

Anyway, I'm glad I've found this forum. The people here are friendly and willing to help, share knowledge and encourage hard training. I hope after a couple of months to begin harder training, if I continue to be free of pain(I've also read advice from other users in this forum saying to grippling newbies not to rush things in the beginning, to avoid injuries).

See you around.

Edited by kogba

G'day all "ausgripper" here from the land "down under". I've just started powerlifting and will be floating around here researching ways to increase my grip for deadlifts.

hey grip addicts :D

i am a new addict to grip training, my name is Dan and i am a martial artist and hoping to start powerlifting in the near furture or strongman competitions

im 14 years old and am 5'9" and 190 lbs i can close a No.1 Coc and pinch grip 2 25's and hub lift a 25

my long term goals are

close a no.3 Coc

bench-300

squat-450

Dl-550

hub lift a 45

pinch grip 2 45's

power clean-260

hub clean a 45

train hard fellow grip lovers :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My short introdution:

My name is Claudio, I'm 24 years old and I live in Belgium. I've been lifting weights since I was 18/19 years old. But mostly training for mass. A short while ago I became more and more interested in becoming 'stronger' and began focusing on powertraining instead of BB. When I saw a topic about Captains of Crush grippers on a dutch Strength forum I became interested and I ordered myself the "Trainer" and the "CoC#1".

And now I am here, trying to learn from all you gripfanatics and strongmen ;) to become STRONGER! And maybe eventually one day be able to close a Coc#3 (dream dream) :D

Greetings!

Hey everyone,

I'm Glenn, a 38 year old electrical engineer from Huntsville, Alabama. I lifted weights from about 15 years old to 22 when I got into powerlifting. At 29, I got married/lazy/fat and didn't pick up the weights again until a little over a year ago. I've dropped 45 pounds (I'm 6 feet tall, 207 now), and I'm pretty close to moving the same poundages I was back before the fat/lazy stint.

I got into grip training about 6 months ago when I was doing some dumbbell rows with straps and the biggest dude in the gym walked over and said "Why do you have to use those? Did you injure your wrist or something?" :dry Now the only time I pull out the straps is on heavy shrugs (>315 lbs. for me), but I hope I can quit the straps altogether before long. I could do over/under grip but for some reason double overhand feels better to me on shrugs.

When I started I got the CoC #1 and #2. I could almost close the #1 the first time I tried, but it was a month before I got a good close on it. Now the #1 is no problem, and I'm about a quarter inch from closing the #2. My grip training involves 3 days a week of Ironmind wrist roller, blob lifting, and gripper stuff. I got the Blob50 from Gordon last week (what was I thinking?!?!), and just like I thought, it's glued to the floor.

My goals are to see daylight under the Blob50 to and certify on the #3. Lofty goals for me!!

Hi, I'm Andrew, an engineering/pre-med student at Purdue. I'm 19, I have been doing martial arts since I was 6 and started lifting weights about a year ago. I love grappling with anybody and began lifting in order increase my abilities. I would like to start competing in power/weightlifting although I have no intentions of winning anytime soon. My main goal is to become stronger each day. I just got a CoC 1 and can close it inconsistently with each hand. I would eventually like to certify on a CoC 3 and be able to pinch two 45s. Looking forward to learning from you all.

my names dave, im 18 years old and around 6'2 170 pounds and ive been power lifting(not competing) for 3.5 years. i have been grip trainng since April of this year, and can almost close the coc number 2.

Edited by sportsstar469

Hi everyone,

my name is Volko, I'm from Germany and got addicted to grip training the first time I took an interest

in strength training. I am 14 years old, weigh 141 lbs and i'm currently working on pinch lifting a 22 lbs disc

between thumb and index finger.

Edited by Volko Krull

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyr. I am a 27 year old kettlebeller from the South who has been interested in grip training on and off for a couple of years now. I have been using kettlebells for about 2 years now and have seen some phenomenal changes. However, I have also decided that I want to increase my grip strength as much as possible.

I am 6'5" and weigh 148-150 lbs. I have always been skinny but I am much stronger than I look. I have the following equipment at home: 16kg Kettlebell, 24 kg kettlebell, ab-wheel, and a COC trainer, #1,#2, and #3. I also have a Twist-Yo-Wrist and plenty of different size plates.

My goals are to close the #2, one-arm press a 32kg kettlebell, and perform the Secret Service Snatch Test with the 24kg kettlebell. I know those are hard. But, I also know I can do it.

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyr. I am a 27 year old kettlebeller from the South who has been interested in grip training on and off for a couple of years now. I have been using kettlebells for about 2 years now and have seen some phenomenal changes. However, I have also decided that I want to increase my grip strength as much as possible.

I am 6'5" and weigh 148-150 lbs. I have always been skinny but I am much stronger than I look. I have the following equipment at home: 16kg Kettlebell, 24 kg kettlebell, ab-wheel, and a COC trainer, #1,#2, and #3. I also have a Twist-Yo-Wrist and plenty of different size plates.

My goals are to close the #2, one-arm press a 32kg kettlebell, and perform the Secret Service Snatch Test with the 24kg kettlebell. I know those are hard. But, I also know I can do it.

Welcome aboard - it's not my place to judge perhaps but gaining a few pounds might make a huge difference in your quest to be stronger. Buy yourself an Olympic set and start squatting and doing whole body workouts - Good Luck on your goals!

Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard - it's not my place to judge perhaps but gaining a few pounds might make a huge difference in your quest to be stronger. Buy yourself an Olympic set and start squatting and doing whole body workouts - Good Luck on your goals!

Believe it or not i weigh more than anyone in my family. My brohters both weigh 140 at 6' and my father is 6'3 and weighed 135 for years. I weighed 135 when I ran the Country Music Marathon. So, I actually have gained weight. I am not as concerned with weight gain as I am strength. I can eat as much as I want and not see a single pound. I have friends tell me they were very suprised at my weight to strength. Just as a FYI

My name is Andy, i'm from Bakersfield CA and just found this little world. I have had many sports injuries limiting my training to low impact therefore grip training is right up my alley. I just got my CoC #s 1, 2 and 3 and i'm hooked. I will be moving up to Sacramento CA within a month or two and would like to start training weekly. My hands should be conditioned by then so if anyone lives in the area and wants to get together for grip training

1-2x/week let me know.

My name is Andy, i'm from Bakersfield CA and just found this little world. I have had many sports injuries limiting my training to low impact therefore grip training is right up my alley. I just got my CoC #s 1, 2 and 3 and i'm hooked. I will be moving up to Sacramento CA within a month or two and would like to start training weekly. My hands should be conditioned by then so if anyone lives in the area and wants to get together for grip training

1-2x/week let me know.

Welcome, I remember that there was a post not too long ago from a member who was moving to Davis (15 min from Sacramento) and who was looking for someone to train with. It was probably in the Goerner Reborn Forum.

Edited by ae_yogi