NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Don't pay the punk kid any mind Wesley welcome and good luck HAHAHAHA! :D

I'm new here. Hi

Don't worry Chris I will protect you here.

I'm new here. Hi

hmmm member #13131, hope you don't have triskaidekaphobia. ;) Welcome Chris!

I'm new here. Hi

hmmm member #13131, hope you don't have triskaidekaphobia. ;) Welcome Chris!

Im guessing thats like being afraid of patterns in numbers? The fact that you would catch that creeps me out a bit Odin. Stick to the inch lifting will ya.

Welcome Wes and the others :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

Hi, my name is Jarred

I received a COC#2 for Xmas. I then bought a #1 and the interest spiralled from there. I can close the #2 and am working toward the #3. I am interested in all aspects of hand and wrist strength and developing them, as well as bodyweight feats of strength and old time strongman training methods.

Hi all :)

Hi everyone

my name is jean

i had coc #1 and #2 and i been training with #1 since Jan 8

im able to close #2 only by parallel setting

Hey all, my name is Chris. I've been interested in grip strength for a while but up until now have only done in-gym exercises (farmer walk, pull-up bar hangs, etc.) and purchased a run of the mill everlast gripper. Looking to get some CoC grippers and get down to business!

Hello everyone, been lifting off and on for about 15 years or so. Tried the bodybuilding thing when I was younger, hated it. Tried powerlifting for a few years and loved it but screwed up both shoulders, rehab all better now. I have 2 boys in HS wrestling so I just started functional strength (tire flipping, cleans, keg and sandbag work, etc) and really enjoy it the most. About a month ago I got bit by the grip monster. I started the David Horne foundation program Sat. Hopefully by the time the 12 weeks are up I will be ready. I can close the 1.5 COC and pinch 4 10's. Don't know if this is good or not but it's a start I guess. Anyway just wanted to say hey and tell everyone this is a GREAT site.

Hello everyone, been lifting off and on for about 15 years or so. Tried the bodybuilding thing when I was younger, hated it. Tried powerlifting for a few years and loved it but screwed up both shoulders, rehab all better now. I have 2 boys in HS wrestling so I just started functional strength (tire flipping, cleans, keg and sandbag work, etc) and really enjoy it the most. About a month ago I got bit by the grip monster. I started the David Horne foundation program Sat. Hopefully by the time the 12 weeks are up I will be ready. I can close the 1.5 COC and pinch 4 10's. Don't know if this is good or not but it's a start I guess. Anyway just wanted to say hey and tell everyone this is a GREAT site.

sounds like you are on the right track, and that is a good start you have made. welcome to the board

My name is Andrew

i am an intermediate climber (indoor/outdoor)

also a personal trainer

looking to spread some knowledge and learn some new material

:rock

Hello all. This is a great site full of useful info.

I'm 43 and have not lifted weights for about 7 years. I got interested in grip work after fooling around with one of those $20 powerballs around Christmas. I researched hand strength and got some COC grippers. I have been training for about 2 months but have not established an organized routine yet. Gains have come much quicker than I expected. I could not quite close the #1 at first but can do 10-12 reps most days. I'm very close to closing the #2.

I've also bought a 10 pound sledge and a 27 1/2 pound blob to work other aspects of grip and to build a good base. That sledge works and pumps my forearms like few weight training exercises I can remember!

I'm late to start at the grip game but this is a lot of fun. Out of curiosity, does anyone know who the oldest person to close a #3 or #3.5 is?

I first joined in late 05 with a #1 in my hands. I then bought a #2 but only think I hit it once in late 06. I finally, found my COC #1 and then #2 recently and started gripping again.

I brought #2 in to work today just for fun and surprisingly, I could close it for 3 reps! I thought I'd have to work on #1 for a while before that could happen.

So, back to gripping... I consider myself an old newbie

Hi my name is David.

I am 15 years old and wrestle and play football for high school.

I'm new to grip training got introduced by a friend a couple weeks ago and got my CoC Trainer and #1 today. Came onto this board for tips and other useful things. Goal is to close at least a #3 :)

Hello all. This is a great site full of useful info.

I'm 43 and have not lifted weights for about 7 years. I got interested in grip work after fooling around with one of those $20 powerballs around Christmas. I researched hand strength and got some COC grippers. I have been training for about 2 months but have not established an organized routine yet. Gains have come much quicker than I expected. I could not quite close the #1 at first but can do 10-12 reps most days. I'm very close to closing the #2.

I've also bought a 10 pound sledge and a 27 1/2 pound blob to work other aspects of grip and to build a good base. That sledge works and pumps my forearms like few weight training exercises I can remember!

I'm late to start at the grip game but this is a lot of fun. Out of curiosity, does anyone know who the oldest person to close a #3 or #3.5 is?

i believe richard sorin, is.

My name is Adam and im relatively new to grip training and im a freshman in college. Im hoping to get a seriously strong grip! Thanks for having me here. :)

Greetings,

My name is John and I live in Massillon, OH. I'm 22 years old and married with 2 daughters. I have recently become interested in grip strength after seeing a show on the National Geographic channel. I decided to buy an Ivanko Super Gripper. I am in the very early stages and am amazed at some people's grip strength. It's awesome! Its hard to conceive that there are people out there who can crush something closed with one hand that I can't even come CLOSE to closing with both my hands. I hope to progress in time as long as I keep up with training. I don't have any goals at the moment other than keep training regularly. I have made some notes on what spring positions I can get now, which ones I am very close to getting, and which ones I am pretty far away from. Hopefully later this year I will be able to compares once more and find that I have improved my grip strength.

Well I look forward to reading on the forums and thanks in advance for all the help, advice and sharing of knowledge.

- John

Welcome to the addiction we where all there once good luck and good training !!!! :D

Hi all,

My name is Phil and I'm new to grip training. I'm 28 years old, 5'10" and 175lbs. I've been into weight training off and on for about 5 years , but only seriously for about 2 years now. In the past 2 years, I've changed the focus of my training, improved my nutrition drasticaly, and gained 25lbs of muscle. Unfortunately, I reached a point in my training where my hands couldn't keep up with the weights that the rest of my body could handle. So 2 weeks ago I ordered the CoC trainer and #1, and the expand your hand bands. I can close the trainer for 15-20 reps with each hand and the #1 once. I also work with the bands regularly, and last week I bought a 6lb sledge. I'm totally hooked on the grippers, and have been doing a bit of plate pinching, sledge levering, and my favorite, 1 handed and 2 handed sledge walking.

I haven't gotten into bending yet, but i'm sure that I will eventually.

I have a great amount of respect for all of you guys out there closing #3s. Every time I train, I just keep telling myself that everybody had to start somewhere.

My immediate goals are to rep the #1 10 times with each hand and pinch 2-25s. Long Term goals...the sky is the limit

Thanks for all the great advice.

Hello everybody

My name is Terence Mitchell and I live in Ballito, South Africa I'm 25 years old and work as a sports nutritionist and personal trainer. Ive been involved in the iron game for 5 years but it is only in the last year that Ive focussed on strength training. My training used to be the conventional b.building/hypertrophy style and although I built a very aesthetic muscular physique ( 107kgs @ 5% bf ) my strength gains were stuck on very frustrating plateaus. This made me question my methods of training, for I always wanted to be strong not ‘big" and it seemed that true strength was something I lacked!

So about a year ago I brought Pavels books ( beyond bodybuilding & the naked warrior ) and slowly began changing my ‘bodybuilding' ways. Today Im completely reformed and focus my entire training around getting stronger ie: lifting heavier things! I've lost almost 10kgs of non functional mass and now weight 98 kgs but have increased my strength by around 40%

My workouts consist of the 3 power moves, kettle bell lifts, and other compound lifts such as over head squats, clean&presses, military presses and before I forget weighted pull ups.

In the last 4 months Ive developed an intense passion for all things forearm/wrist/hand related. Im amazed with the anatomy and pretty much everything regarding this incredible piece of engineering and therefore I'd like to learn as much as I can.

Thanks very much

Terence

Hello Everybody!

I´m 34 year´s old Personal Trainer from Finland. I´m training Powerlifting and

all kinds of sport ,what needs maximum power. My right pectoralis major snaped last

summer, when I was doing Benchpress. It was operated and now I am revovering about that.

After the last summer I met in Finland ,Fitness Expo, Finnish Rautakoura assosiation and its

member of gripstrength fanatics. Right away I was in hooked and I thought, that it is a

good way to recover my chest accident. I bought Ironmind #3 and #4 and was hungry to absorbe all

kinds of knowledge about handstrenght. After 2 months of training I was able to close Ironmind #3 gripper

parallel set and ccs set. Matti Heiskanen " kilkkinen" and Teemu Ilvesniemi were instructed and encourage me

how to train smart and how to be persistence, what comes to grip training. I want to thank both, Matti and Teemu.

I appreciate it very much, that they have shared their knowledg with me.

My personal best result in gripper training are: BBE closed parallel set, both hands, also #3.5 with right hand with parallel set.

Rolling Thunder my PR is 88kg´s, which is also Offical FinnisRecord. I love very much Agility and I have many goals to achieve and I think

only sky is a limit! God Bless to everyone!

Juha Harju "Heimopäällikkö"

Edited by Heimopäällikkö