NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

I signed up a while ago after hearing good things about this board. I want to become strong with hands that can stop things while remaining quick and agile and flexible, and I like the multitude of approaches. I really think only one approach couldn't possibly develope the hand in all ways. A strong interest to me is how to strength the finger extensors, finger pressing power, and the muscles that spread the fingers apart or bring them together, which I can't quite figure.

Hello, my name is Jeremiah Fox, and I am totally hooked on all things grip/bending/strongman/etc. I am no stranger to the gym, as I have been training for approx. 7 years. I am 29 y.o., 6'1", 225lbs, and worked as a mechanic for a few years(which really strengthens your grip!). I am now in college to be a teacher. I got started in all of this when I was helping my church host a "Power Team" strength show. After seeing those guys do all kinds of stuff, when I got home, I figured I would try it. It started with a phonebook; maybe 1.5'' thick. After studying techniques online, I proceeded to rip it in half....legitimately. It all snowballed from there!! Now, the phone company won't give me any more books!!! I worked my way up to the Akron directory, which is approx. 3.5'' thick. I can also break a bat over my thigh(and almost over my head), lever a 10lb. sledge parallel to my face(36'' handle), rip a deck of cards in half, bend (double underhand) a tough 60D nail, bend a 5'' x 1/4'' round stock, bend 2 60d timber ties at once, Almost "S" shape a Diamond horseshoe, come about 1/16'' shy of closing a 300lb Heavy Grips gripper, and lift the rear of a compact truck (Ford Ranger) off the ground. As far as conventional lifts, bench: 305lbs. , deadlift: 600 lbs., squat: 350(my long femurs make it hard for me to squat), sled: 1100lbs. , standing curl: 185lbs.(x 1 rep!), and thats about it. My future goals include bending 5'' cut 60d, 7'' 5/16'' round stock, of course the RED, various wrenches, etc., and I would like to try long bar bending. Also, would like to drive a nail with my hand, close my 350lb. Heavy Grips gripper, move on to the COC grippers, and who knows what else from there!!! I recently injured my left hand tearing a phonebook, so anything involving heavy pinching b/t my thumb and fore-finger is out for a few weeks! I just work around it. I am doing everything else, just no phonebook stuff for a while. I am very excited to be here, and can't wait to make some new PR's and some new friends! Thanks for having me.

God Bless,

Jeremiah Fox

SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS! :rock

Edited by Foxman

Hi all my name is Josh, Ive been lifting for 15 years and wanted to get a strong grip for work and fun.Have been reading post for awhile first time posting. love all of the info and motivating videos on the site.I just started pinching,and gripper work, i can close my coc# 1 for 10 reps each hand.

Beware, if you ask a grip(or just about anything strength) question, then you probably will have to sort through at least 3 or 4 WORLD Class responders. By WORLD Class, I mean holders of WORLD records, literally.

There are more certified Captain Of Crush members here on this forum than anywhere else on the 'net. So yeah, if you have a grip question - chances are it will be seen and responded to by any number of certified COC's.

A head's up BTW --- before asking a grip question, PLEASE use the search feature and try to get an answer to your question first BEFORE asking it on the general forum.

The reason being... there have been questions asked so many times before that, depending on the question itself, you might not get the answer that you were looking for. Better yet, poke around the forum and look around a bit and you just might find the solution to your problem!! :D

Hello all. My name is Idris. I am 17 years old and I started seriously lifting this year. This year is also when I decided to take up the sport of strongman. I am loving every bit of it. I am looking forward to getting to know this forum and the people on it. :)

Welcome Idris!! :)

Hello all. My name is Idris. I am 17 years old and I started seriously lifting this year. This year is also when I decided to take up the sport of strongman. I am loving every bit of it. I am looking forward to getting to know this forum and the people on it. :)

Hi all im 19 , my name is Ashley, i have focosed on changing my body comp for the last 2 years but now i want to add grip work to my routine so that i can improve my grip for shrugs and deads

Edited by ashley willcox

Hi my name is Dave, been training for about 18 months, grip and steel bending, most of my training gear is home made, usually from 48mm scaffold and any old pipes and concrete blocks i can find, also im a train driver so i have got a few bits of rail quite heavy and funny shapes, just made some block weights out of some 5kg's and 7.5kg plates just need to find a welder to tack them together for me, i do deadlifts with rope and rope pull ups, thick handled deadlifts, and use my grippers, as for bending im up to 6" nails cut to 5" and 7"-6" round and square stock also the odd spanner, im always on the lookout for new things to lift and bend well thats me cheers Dave.

When my nasty pre-surgical back permits, I enjoy doing kettlebell work and barbell deadlifts. I use C of C "Trainer" and #1 grippers, the Ivanko SuperGripper. I just cut up a 35 and a 50lb dumbbell so I can have some blobs to play with.

Welcome, John. If you are truly pre-op as far as the back surgery is concerned, I had

to throw out a testimony. I had a back so bad that I had to crawl to class, literally.

Well maybe not actually crawl, but it couldn't have been much above a crawl.

The college doc shot me up with everything in his arsenal. Nothing helped. If the

ole back went out, it was at least two weeks of hell.

While I was in bed one day, it came to me to begin an exercise regimen

that consisted of bicycle reps while in bed with as many as possible with

a piston, low to the bed, motion. Now, no more back problems, literally.

Man, those were the days to forget.

Hello all my name is George. I've been training for only about 3 months with primarily body weight exercises and some dumbbell work, plus a Trainer and #1 Coc.

My short term goals are to continue to improve my overall conditioning and as well as incorporating more weight training. I believe the #2 can be had shortly after the first of the year as well since I'm currently closing the #1 12-15 times on my strong side. Educating myself on good training practices is paramount also since in all honesty finding the gripboard is only a direct result of me injuring myself trying to do too much too soon. I tried levering too much and now have a nice case of tennis elbow. Doing negatives with the trainer on that side is just now possible.

Submitting this first post I was not trying to make a case for poster boy of how not to train (act first then ask), but I'm sure I would be in the running, but rather to say that I'm glad that I found this forum and look forward to utilizing all the good information I've seen so far on this site.

Heres to training smart!

gguess

When my nasty pre-surgical back permits, I enjoy doing kettlebell work and barbell deadlifts. I use C of C "Trainer" and #1 grippers, the Ivanko SuperGripper. I just cut up a 35 and a 50lb dumbbell so I can have some blobs to play with.

Welcome, John. If you are truly pre-op as far as the back surgery is concerned, I had

to throw out a testimony. I had a back so bad that I had to crawl to class, literally.

Well maybe not actually crawl, but it couldn't have been much above a crawl.

The college doc shot me up with everything in his arsenal. Nothing helped. If the

ole back went out, it was at least two weeks of hell.

While I was in bed one day, it came to me to begin an exercise regimen

that consisted of bicycle reps while in bed with as many as possible with

a piston, low to the bed, motion. Now, no more back problems, literally.

Man, those were the days to forget.

Hi Bonzi,

Believe me when I tell you, it's really surgery time.

I've exhausted all the conventional and alternative means over the last 28 yrs. I'm currently bone-on-bone at L5-S1.

The tiny light at the end of the tunnel is that my neurosurgeon has qualified me for a clinical study procedure that inserts a disk replacement device. This kind of thing is not exactly new, the company funding the study already has their device in use in Europe and Canada. The're doing this for the formal FDA approval here. I slated to go in the beginning of January.

The benefit for me is that the range of motion is being preserved as much as possible - spinal fusions don't do this and the doctors are trying to move away from doing those as much as they can. I've got my fingers crossed they can pull this off because it's my best shot at a better quality of life. From your own story, I can tell you understand what a monster real back pain is. Stay healthy! :)

Happy Thanksgiving,

John

my name is nemu im 6-0 195 lbs 22 years old. i just found a coc #2 a couple days ago and started to learn about the obsession w/ grip here, i cant quite close it yet either, so i just bought a coc 1.5 from ironmind.com. i figure im gunna give it a shot and try to get certified with the coc #3 or mm. i figure it will help for my baseball career.

My name's Chris, or Panda or whatever the hell you wanna call me. lol. I don't have very detailed and amazing goals, but I'd definitely like some more information on how to get to my goals. I was just turned on to the COC grippers and I started training with 'em cause I had always liked having a strong grip and I had started training with more of a powerlifting routine. Just trying to get real strong overall. I love deadlifting and that's probably why I see the need to train my grip so much. I ordered the COC #1 and was able to close it with my right hand, but not my left yet and so I got the trainer. My biggest goal is probably just to be able to close the #2 and then the #3 as a goal regarding only grip strength. I've already learned a few things just kinda lurking for a few days looking at the stickies and stuff. Definitely a lot of other training routines and things that I never thought to do that will definitely help me. Just glad to be a part of the board and I know I'll learn a lot here and in a few months or years or whatever it takes, I'll be able to post a video of me closing the #2 gripper and then the #3.

I guess the only question I have is how does the Mash Monster stuff work? I see stuff about replicas and certain grades and stuff and talking about how it was made because of the lack of im forgetting the word, but sameness among the COC grippers. So how do I get my hands on one or how does it work? Thanks for reading this super long post lol.

Hello All,

My Name is Bill, I am 49 years old, love working out with kettle bells, bending nails, and all types of grip training. I have gotten huge help from Jedd at Diesel Crew, and lately bought some "not yet advertised" leather and suede bending wraps from FBBC that are incredible. Ask John about them. Latest additions to workouts are Richard Sorin's awesome dumbell handles with dense foam roller pad handles-check them out, they are top notch!

You guys all rock and keep fighting the good fight.

Hello, My name is Joe. I am 33 and a recovering powerlifter. about one year ago I had an injury and herniated two discs in my back, it has taken me this long to get to the point where I can squat and dead again with confidence. I have changed my routine to a basic one focusing on overall strength and taking conservative weight jumps and no max effort work

My best lifts were 630 both squat and deadlift and 435 bench, all done raw at 250. I now am lean and mean at 210 but significantly weaker :)

Always been a hand strength fan just never pursued it seriously. Now I have that all or nothing personality and due to powerlifting at any high level being impossible at this point I needed something to channel my energies. Bought the trainer and number 1 and am emabarssing far from closing the number 1.

Finally got my head on right and am starting with the basic program outlined in the FAQ and will go from there

Thanks for reading my ramblings.....

My name is Mike. I'm a 20 year old guitarist who got into grip strength early this year. I have just closed the #2 and working on bringing my left hand up before I invest further. I try to lift weights regularly to build functional strength and stay fit when I can, but school comes first ;) . I'm 6'2'' and weigh 250lbs.

I also think I have a devloping gripper addiction.

I am Fred.

I am English, I live in wiltshire.

I am 19, 14.5 stone, 6'1", and "well built".

I do not use a gym, I enjoy biking, climbing, ice climbing, rugby, and occasionally do weights at home.

I have recently discovered grippers and can shut HG100-IM#2 for over 10 reps each, IM#2.5 i can shut for less than 10 reps (typically 3-6) and i can't quite close a #3 yet.

I use a metal powerball.

I enjoy arm wrestles as they can win you beer and money.

Never met another grip enthusiast in the flesh!

Greetings,

I'm Eetu, a 22-year-old strength enthusiast (not particularly strong, though!) from Finland, and I have recently gained an interest in grip training and bending through the Dragondoor forums. 184 cm, 73 kg (~6' and 160lb).

I have been weightlifting for a couple years now, but for the last six months I've been practicing kettlebell lifting and bodyweight training, and have noticed some nice improvements in both strength and stamina. However, even though heavy snatches and such tax the grip, I'd like to train for an unyielding wrist and crushing grip. Formerly I couldn't do much else than one-hand farmer's walks with a 32 kg bell, which were nice of course, but more of an endurance workout than strength.

I'd say it was by SSGLASS on the DD forums that I got into bending: a lot of fun based on the few bends I've done! My first one was a 3,4x100mm (we don't have those penny-sizes here in Finland as far as I know), but I bought a nice 2kg box of 125x4,2mm nails to train with, which are moderately challenging. I also went and bought a 8lb sledge and made myself a loadable pinch grip device from a 2x4: now all I need is to make a sound program to ease into this new area and patience in training.

Howdy all. I'm smallhands and I'm trying to get my #2 closed in either hand. I've come very close, but not quite succeeded yet. Right now I'm working up to repping 12 times with the #1 (at 10 reps currently) as I've read 12 is the magic number at which you can then close the #2. We'll see. I can do the trainer for 35.

My goal is to close the #3 and certify on it. As my name indicates I have small hands. I started CoCs when I kept losing deadlifts due to grip. I can clean grip a 400 lb DL for one rep now which is an accomplishment for me...

Getting into working the pinch grip as now that seems to be limiting factor on the clean grip deads and shrugs (I hate straps).

I'm 6' 175-180lbs depending on if I took a dump before weighing. Yes - I AM sometimes full of shit.

Hello my name is Marcel, 21 years old, 6'', 210 lbs and I'm from Holland. Also active on a Dutch forum called 'dutchbodybuilding.com'. I think there a more DBB members active around here.

Tryin to do my best English ;)

I've been weightlifting for 5 years now and since August I have my own homegym :D

With the luck of having a weldingmachine and a lot of iron I made a lot of extra stuff for griptraining, naming a few; (50mm) ''2thickbar, 41mm loadingpin, 90mm hub, a telegraph key, another gripper like gripmachine, thick (41-60mm) pullup bars, climbing rope, farmer handles and ''2 dumbell bars. Maybe i'm forgetting some stuff here :P

I can deadlift a ''2 fatbar loaded with 250lbs for 5 reps (pronated) and a normal bar loaded with 341lbs for 12 reps (pronated) before my grip fails :D Don't want to use straps anymore on my liftst!

Today I got my first CoC grippers; #1, #2 and #2,5.

I'll hope to learn a lot on this forum!

Edited by Marcel

Hello my name is Marcel, 21 years old, 6'', 210 lbs and I'm from Holland. Also active on a Dutch forum called 'dutchbodybuilding.com'. I think there a more DBB members active around here.

Tryin to do my best English ;)

I've been weightlifting for 5 years now and since August I have my own homegym :D

With the luck of having a weldingmachine and a lot of iron I made a lot of extra stuff for griptraining, naming a few; (50mm) ''2thickbar, 41mm loadingpin, 90mm hub, a telegraph key, another gripper like gripmachine, thick (41-60mm) pullup bars, climbing rope, farmer handles and ''2 dumbell bars. Maybe i'm forgetting some stuff here :P

I can deadlift a ''2 fatbar loaded with 250lbs for 5 reps (pronated) and a normal bar loaded with 341lbs for 12 reps (pronated) before my grip fails :D Don't want to use straps anymore on my liftst!

Today I got my first CoC grippers; #1, #2 and #2,5.

I'll hope to learn a lot on this forum!

Welcome to all, this truely is an international grip forum, thank goodness. :rock

We ALL can learn a lot here. :bow

BTW, your English is probably better than most, illegals included, living in America. Keep on keepin' on.

Edited by Bonzi

Welcome everyone. Marcel, can you close #1 or #2 or #2.5 yet?

With my right hand I can close #1 for 5 reps, with my left hand just 1 :blush LOL Tommorow after my farmerwalk and squat training my hands will be warmed up and I'll try again. #2 and #2,5 are still in the card, maybe next week I'll open the #2 and give it a try :cool

Hey everyone! My name is Travis and I'm 18...I play highly competitive baseball and am playing in college next year. As far as grip training, I use my Super Gripper, tennis balls, hub lifting, and plate pinching. I'm in the process of making my own blobs.