NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi my names James, living in the UK right now - I'm 17, 5'11, and about 145lbs (a bit of a rake I know)

I've been interested in hand strength for about 6 months now, ever since I bought a really addictive sports store gripper. Only recently though have I discovered this community, it's phenomenal the amount of people dedicated to this. After reading through loads of threads, I've got to know all the jargon, and have just ordered a CoC #1 and #2 gripper. It arrives in about a week, really cant wait!

I think hands say a lot about a person, and they're usually the first thing I look at when meeting someone new. My main motivation is just to generally get fit, but I love the challenge these offer. I'd also love to see the look in the eyes of guys who have beaten me at arm wrestling, when they get crushed!

Anyway, looking forward to getting started. Chow

I've got to know all the jargon, and have just ordered a CoC #1 and #2 gripper. It arrives in about a week, really cant wait!

Good luck with the CoCs James, you will certainly see the difference when compared with your sports gripper!

Not been here long myself, but they're all welcoming and know their stuff! Good luck with your training!

aXe

Hey everyone. my names corbin and i just got into bending this past weekend, and id say its probably more addicting than crack! Im 19 years old, 150 lbs, and 6' tall.i was introduced to bending by a buddy of mine thats been doing it for awhile. i have recently only accomplished some 1/4 round both stainless and regular at 7 inch lengths. I have only been able to kink a non stainless 6 inch 1/4 round about a quarter inch, but i think ill get it soon. But my next goal is 7 inch quarter hex which i think ill be able to get. I would love to hear back from anyone that has any advice for me, so please reply!

-Corbin

Hey everyone. my names corbin and i just got into bending this past weekend, and id say its probably more addicting than crack! Im 19 years old, 150 lbs, and 6' tall.i was introduced to bending by a buddy of mine thats been doing it for awhile. i have recently only accomplished some 1/4 round both stainless and regular at 7 inch lengths. I have only been able to kink a non stainless 6 inch 1/4 round about a quarter inch, but i think ill get it soon. But my next goal is 7 inch quarter hex which i think ill be able to get. I would love to hear back from anyone that has any advice for me, so please reply!

-Corbin

Welcome! I'm new to bending myself and hooked bad. I just got both the 7" and 6" lenth 1/4" round the other day. I expect you could get the 6" if you already did stainless. For me getting pressure on the very end of the steel was key.

Hi All,

My name is Rob (busamad is to do with my love of the busa' motorbike). I've just turned 39 & just starting to feel old! I'm 5'10" 175lbs.

My home town is in East Yorkshire UK. I've had a love of all things fitness most of my life. My main intrest is wrestling / grapling.

I recently got my call up papers for mobilisation to the gulf (Army reserver). Looking around on ebay I noticed decent grips for sale & now have the bug.

I purchased a CoC 1 & 2 what a big gap betwwen them, anyway I can close the #1 but still no joy with the #2. I can hold it still long enough to measure the gap & it's a measly 4mm. I'm packing it in my pack to take to Iraq it will give me something to do in between things.

I may get chance to drop by from time to time while out there.

God Bless

busamad

-Corbin

Welcome! I'm new to bending myself and hooked bad. I just got both the 7" and 6" lenth 1/4" round the other day. I expect you could get the 6" if you already did stainless. For me getting pressure on the very end of the steel was key.

i just tried the 6 and got it. thanks for the tip.

Hi All,

My name is Rob (busamad is to do with my love of the busa' motorbike). I've just turned 39 & just starting to feel old! I'm 5'10" 175lbs.

My home town is in East Yorkshire UK. I've had a love of all things fitness most of my life. My main intrest is wrestling / grapling.

I recently got my call up papers for mobilisation to the gulf (Army reserver). Looking around on ebay I noticed decent grips for sale & now have the bug.

I purchased a CoC 1 & 2 what a big gap betwwen them, anyway I can close the #1 but still no joy with the #2. I can hold it still long enough to measure the gap & it's a measly 4mm. I'm packing it in my pack to take to Iraq it will give me something to do in between things.

I may get chance to drop by from time to time while out there.

God Bless

busamad

Welcome Corbin glad you singed on.

And Rob all the best to you in Iraq!!!

Brendan

Edited by ox3782

Im new to the grip board been checking it out for a few days I have been working out for about 1 yr with my bro.

we have been using 2.375 and 2 thick bar in work outs also pinching 3/4 thick plate with weights att. to it We have shut

the #1 coc grippers also we have started some bending 1/4-6 hrs the grippers and bending is very addicting

Edited by bt grip

Hi, Krister from Sweden , 120kg dedlift one hand (OL) 70kg 50mm bar.

Stat 43 old , 183 cm tall , 98kg

Same as BT Grip listed above.

We have discovered grip training and are trying to figure out how to incorporate all the grip training we want to do into our workouts.

Goals: close #3, Inch dumbell deadlift.

Welcome aboard guys!!! :rock

Greetings to all. I'm Pvt. Carl. I'm 17 currently in the U.S. Army National Guard. I'm 5'8 and weigh 155. Just so ya'll knpw, I'm the Writers (Matt Carl) brother. I bent the G-2 bolt on the first try, but so far I havn't been able to bend anything obove that. I'm coming prettly close to closing the #1 gripper. but it hasn't happened yet. Well thats where I stand...wimpy huh? yea I know, working on it.

Greetings to all. I'm Pvt. Carl. I'm 17 currently in the U.S. Army National Guard. I'm 5'8 and weigh 155. Just so ya'll knpw, I'm the Writers (Matt Carl) brother. I bent the G-2 bolt on the first try, but so far I havn't been able to bend anything obove that. I'm coming prettly close to closing the #1 gripper. but it hasn't happened yet. Well thats where I stand...wimpy huh? yea I know, working on it.

Welcome stranger! About time you joined. Now put the crush on that 1/4" steel!

wimpy huh?
No such thing. There is only ever a starting point, from which, great gains are made.

I second that well stated comment. Beginnings are only important for when your looking at how far you've come... not anyone else.

Hi my name is Dominic I live in Arizona for now anyway. I have been researching all kinds of things related to physical training but seemed to have missed grip training. Well, after doing research on it I realize it is something I definitely need. So I am here to learn and share what little I know. Whomever set this board up thank you very much.

Hi my name is Dominic I live in Arizona for now anyway. I have been researching all kinds of things related to physical training but seemed to have missed grip training. Well, after doing research on it I realize it is something I definitely need. So I am here to learn and share what little I know. Whomever set this board up thank you very much.

Hey Dominic welcome to the board. Where in AZ do you live? If you're close to Tucson you should come up to one of acorn's griptogethers sometime. You can learn a lot and it's a great place to meet fellow gripsters. Feel free to pm me, or acorn about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

My name's Matthew (Matt). I'm 23 years old, 5'9" tall, 165lbs and I've got 7.5" hands. I live in Indiana and I'm an Engineering Consultant (desk job ftl) that works with an electrical company here in Indy.

I purchased my first gripper (100lb Trainer) but underestimated my grip strength I guess -- it's a tad easy so I need to snag me a #1 here shortly. I also purchased the KTA program a few minutes ago, so looking forward following it. Read about how great a program it was in achieving that #3 close, so I figured I might as well do it right if I'm going to do it.

My primary interest right now is crushing strength and wrist strength, but I've got plans to develop my pinch grip and other hand strengths. I'm a beginner Muay Thai Kickboxer, so extra hand and arm strength can never hurt, right?

I suppose that's all for now -- I'm a huge forum reader, but not much of a poster so you might not see my words very often. In any case, I'll be around for a while.

Peace!

-Matt

Edited by theicyone

Hey Matt welcomne to the board. However, I would highly recommend that you DON'T do KTA yet. It is an extremely brutal program from everyone I've haeard from and it is definitely not for a beginner. You should probably follow a program like the beginner's one in the Grip FAQ section until you build a good base and then you csn go itno a highly advanced program like KTA.

Agreed. Build up your base strength first before doing KTA.

Welcome Aboard!!! :rock

Edited by GetAGrip87

Hi! This is gonna look almost like a profile in dating service (no, I don't have any), but what the heck... :tongue

My name is Satu Suuronen and I'm a 25 years old female from Finland. Strategic measurements atm are 5'2.5"/ 134lbs.

Less than a year ago I got my first gripper (Coc Trainer). One day I'm gonna close a heavier gripper than my father or brother can. :trout Actually dad didn't close my trainer at first try, but after few tips and tries he did it. Now I own Coc Trainer (closed with right and left hand), RB 100 (closed with right hand), Coc #1 (0,4" from close with right hand) and Coc #1,5. I always use MM-set because of my small "girly" hands.

I'm now also interested in pinch strength, for example holding Leoko 50kg (two hands), lifting several lighter Leokos (3 x 5kg done), Rolling thunder... There are also several other "pinch sports" in Finland I'm into. I'd love to be best at something in the future.

I started working out at gym this summer after years of break. Also there my goal is to get strong - and healthier. I don't want to suffer back problems and other weaknesses forever. I've got some basics in ju-jutsu too this year. With my dog (rough collie, Maxi II) we compete in agility. :)

Welcome Aboard!