NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

well, since "newbies" are supposed to post here, I'll go ahead.

My names Ben, I am 15, I started grip training to help my deadlift, bought a set of heavy grips, and, well, now I really like to train the grip, I am really close on the HG250, probably get it sometime in the next few weeks.

Now I am really getting into this and am looking at more stuff to do like nail bending, I also have been looking at the rolling thunder, looks like something fun and worth doing.

Hello!

My name is Boe and i have recently started exercising after a stay in hospital. Before that, i was a pretty bad climber with very limited experience. I am now wanting to improve my overall strength. I got a years membership at a local gym but after that i want to be fit enough to just go running and doing bodyweight resistance work. I've always wanted to do a backflip so i'm heading there as a goal too!

I hope that i can build my grip strength to help a bit with climbing and doing handstands, levers etc.

I am in the Midlands, UK.

Hello!

My name is Eero and I`m from Kuopio, Finland. I`m 22 years old. 173cm/76kg.

I tried grippers for the first time when I was about ten years old and I loved them. Last year I found out about Ironmind grippers and got myself a set of CoC grippers. That was something that I had been looking for a long time but didn`t know they existed. Now I`m a few mm away from closing the #2,5.

Other stuff that I`m into is running and submission fighting.

New to the board and new to direct grip training in general.

Sliver away from closing 1.5 COC :(

Age 27

Weight: 183 lbs

Deadlift: 425 lbs

Squat: 425 lbs

Bench: 275 lbs

Edited by Vipergq

Tigger

Irish

6'2"

220lbs

I'm interested in all aspects of strength training and have been impressed by grip feats on the 'net recently

found you guys via google and reckon there is a lot of seasoned advise here

I think Wanna can back me up on this, since I am beginning to see a trend here.

On your very first post to this forum, PLEASE introduce yourself....

Hey hey, my names Dan. Im here checking out the training methods to improve my strongman ambitions, Ive competed once, placed 3rd... So here i em.

Welcome guys! There certainly is some "seasoned" advice here ;) All the new stuff, old stuff, stuff you never new and more in grip is created and stored on gripboard and by its active members so you'll find some very helpful advice!

Hi

My name's Matt. I've been messing around with gripwork for the past couple of years but nothing very serious. Got to where I could close the number 2 COC occasionally, but I can't do it at this time. Lately, most of my gripwork has been with stuff like my wrist roller, towel pullups, and heavy deadlifts and shrugs. I'm a grappler, so grip gets worked pretty heavily during that also.

Edited by stewy37

Hello all.

My name is Jorge Gonzalez. I´m from Madrid, Spain. I´m 29 years old. 178 cm and 115 kg.

I tried grippers from 23 years. I nlove grippers and I have been compited on the grip british championships in this year.

I have compited in Spain in powerlifting and strongman from the 2002 to 2004; year that i have injured in my knee.

I won the championship of the Spain of Powerlifting and Strongman. And I compited in press bench from 2004 to now.

I´d like to close the coc 3.5 and certificied the coc 3. I have closed 3 coc3 and BBgm, rb240, rb300n, and bb mm1 in train.

I´like all feats of strength and grip, and I train for this.

My English don´t good. I´m sorry.

Hi everyone,

My name is Pierre from germany.some facts of me:

age 27

weight165 pounds

size 170cm think this must be 5feet and 7"

my current lifts are:

kettlebell bent press with right arm, 106pounder

clean and press with KB: 88pounder with both arms

sandbag clean and press with 156pounds

rope chin up(50mm rope) with additional 136 pounds

pullup with 106 pounds on thick bar

deadlift 367 pounds for three reps,wasn´t really max.

pistol with additional 78pounds with each leg

bench?i never bench.

first attemps at bending nails:i bended the white and the green nail and also broke them by reversing the bending direction.

my grip is very weak: i can close the c-o-c no 2 sometimes for one rep with the right, the no 1 is no problem with either hand.

I´m now training with the ivanko gripper with 4/6 with the left and 4/7 with the right hand after grease the groove. This is about 70% i get withthe ivanko gripper closed.

my wrist are also very weak. i can do wrist curls with an 28mm barbell with 48kgs and reverse with only 23kgs.

this is also my problem zone. i had a lots of pain in my left wrist since one year and i don´t really know why. my doc yesterday removed a blocade from my thumbsaddlejoint which he says was the problem.i really had a lot of pain doing wrist curls with plates,especially when i used some plates and the diameter to grio got thicker. it felt like there was something between my thumb and my wrist.

if someone experienced something similar, i would be very happy about some advices. in the last three month it was nearly impossible for going into a pushup stance without pain in my wrist.the doc said,this will go away.

perhaps i can strengthen my wrist with some training. with deadlifts i once got rid of pain in my back , i hope i´ll get this done with my wrist , too.

thanks for every reply and best wishes.... nightowl

Closing the #2 is not exactly weak!!

Welcome aboard nightowl.

Why do you move to paraguay?

Welcome guys :rock

@Franky: I´ll give up my job here and do some farming there with my uncle. I´m going to build my own farm there for bull-breeding. (Hope my english was correct,or can you just breed plants????)

fg,nightowl

oh,i almost forgot: thickbar deadlift(2") 132kg with knuckles forward. after that i did 157 with one hand knuckles backward and the other knuckles forward.

it´s a self made 32kg heavy 2" barbell.

Hey, my name is Jason. I am 20 years old and from Arizona. I am 5’7” and about 195. I used to compete in amateur body building, but now I am a full time college student. I own a Trainer, #1, and #1.5 COC and can close them all both hands. I also just recently started bending, but I only used metal rods from the hardware store. My goal is obviously to eventually close a #3 and I also have an interest in arm wrestling. I am excited that I found this forum and I have already learned a lot. If anyone trains in AZ, be sure to let me know. Thanks.

Hello gripboard. My name is Eric. I have been involved in strength training on and off (lately off) since high school. I got interested in grip training after viewing the aftermath and looking at pictures of a Pat Pov. and Dennis Rogers demo at the gym I belong to. I currently can get the coc#2.5 for 5 reps on a good day. I hope to be able to do the #3 soon. I am 6'5" and weigh 385. Thanks for having me. I look forward to learning a thing or two here.

Edited by Eric Leggett

Hey, my name is Jason. I am 20 years old and from Arizona. I am 5’7” and about 195. I used to compete in amateur body building, but now I am a full time college student. I own a Trainer, #1, and #1.5 COC and can close them all both hands. I also just recently started bending, but I only used metal rods from the hardware store. My goal is obviously to eventually close a #3 and I also have an interest in arm wrestling. I am excited that I found this forum and I have already learned a lot. If anyone trains in AZ, be sure to let me know. Thanks.

acorn and vikingsrule92 are in Arizona and both are AWESOME benders you could learn a great deal from. The 1.5 both hands is pretty good even if you've been training for a few months!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Captains, Crushers and Blobbers! I presume all the handshake jokes have been made, so I'll skip those...

I'm Dave, from Madison, Wisconsin. I've been strength training for a few years now, and have gotten interested in simple feats, so I spend a fair amount of time at Beastskills.com, and now here. I'm 31, tall and skinny. I'd probably make a better marathon runner than powerlifter or gymnast, but I got tired of running in high school, so here I am.

I'm training grip with no particular goal in mind, though rafter pullups would be pretty cool. It's also nice to be able to pick up a sheet of drywall from the top, or carry heavy stuff around.

My current program, such as it is, includes the Ivanko SuperGripper (B-day present from the wife), some rubber bands, clamps, books, plates and whatever I feel like pinching (say, the wife...). I appear to have jumped in a little quickly, as this morning I was diagnosed with mild tennis elbow. Might have something to do with desk ergonomics (I'm an engineer), weighted towel chinups, or maybe the new gripper. Or some combination thereof. My PT has recommended ice, ibuprofen, stretches, and to continue whatever training doesn't hurt.

I'll lurk a bit now. So far I've picked up a bunch of useful tips. Thanks!

Dave

Hi All - I'm Tim.

I live near Cleveland, Ohio. I'm 31 years old, and have been training seriously for about 8 years now. The main reason why I'm here is that my grip strength is really lagging, and I need some direction. I bought an Ivanko Super Gripper, but don't really know the best way to use it to improve my performance in the gym. One specific area is deadlifting; without straps, I can't train anywhere near my maxes - most times, my grip fails near the 50% mark weight-wise.

This is my first visit to the site, so I'll be sure to scour the topics before I post anything. I look forward to hearing from all you experts out there!

:rock