NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

hi, My name is Dustin I am 23 years old, 5'10" and 260ibs. I am a former football player, amatuer bodybuilder and competitive weightlifter. I have been grip training for about four months and bending for 1 month.My best lifts include: Bench 485 raw, Squat 630 raw, DL 600 raw, military 350. I have closed the number 2 ironmind gripper, and I am within 1/4" of the 2.5. I have bent all the Iron mind nails minus the RED. I need to know what type of training is required for the gripper and the red nail. Mostly how much is too much? I appreciate any and all help and accept it humbly.

My goals are to:

Bend the Red

Bend the FBBC bars

Close the IM #3

Close the IM #4

Welcome to the board guys!

hi, My name is Dustin I am 23 years old, 5'10" and 260ibs. I am a former football player, amatuer bodybuilder and competitive weightlifter. I have been grip training for about four months and bending for 1 month.My best lifts include: Bench 485 raw, Squat 630 raw, DL 600 raw, military 350. I have closed the number 2 ironmind gripper, and I am within 1/4" of the 2.5. I have bent all the Iron mind nails minus the RED. I need to know what type of training is required for the gripper and the red nail. Mostly how much is too much? I appreciate any and all help and accept it humbly.

My goals are to:

Bend the Red

Bend the FBBC bars

Close the IM #3

Close the IM #4

Great start dude! With the amount of total body strength you have the grip will come on really fast. Good luck with your training.

My name is Joe and I have been addicted to gripping for about 7 months. I am 34 years old, 6'0 and about 280 or so depending on how much of my girlfriends cooking I eat. I'm a former Division I strength coach and have been powerlifting for 13 years off and on. I ruptured my bicep tendon in August after a 3 year layoff and and as a result got interested in gripping while recovering from my operation. I am very honored to have Sorinex as my home gym! Bert and Richard Sorinex (1stcoc) have been very helpful not only in my recovery but also in my training. I train grip 2x a week alternating exercises mostly on how I'm feeling and what my next goal that I am training towards. I train pinch gripping (both wide and narrow), grippers, RT, thick handled dumbbells, and blobs. I have some pics of my lifts but I'm new to posting and haven't figured out the whole post-a-pic process but I will post them ASAP. My goals for the following year are to be able to consistently handle the Blob (50lb), shut the #3 gripper, and to lift the Thomas Inch dumbbell. Pinching a pair of 45's would be nice.

I am looking to get as much knowledge as possibe about gripping and the training involved in getting stronger. I have been reading to several months now and figured it was time to get on the board with some postings. I will shortly post some of my training sessions and my very first grip workout. What a humbling experience that was!! For now take care and GRIP ON!!

Hello everyone,

I got my account up a couple of weeks ago, but am just getting my first post on today.

A friend of mine got me into bending and grip training a couple of months ago and I'm totally addicted. I used to lift in high school and tried to get back into it at the local community center, but it's so boring that i just couldn't get excited about strength training again. Then I watched a video of my friend bending and thought "that's something I can get into" and I haven't missed a workout since. I'm just about 6 feet tall and about 275 pounds, broad shouldered, 7 3/4 inch hands.

So far, I've got the Ironmind trainer, #1 and #2. I can close the trainer for 10 reps and can get the #1 closed once, but after that one, I can't quite get it closed again, usually.

As far as bending, with what I think is proper form, keeping it high, I can bend 1/4" hot rolled steel 6 inch lengh, but it takes me quite a bit of effort. Right now, I have some leather pads to wrap around the steel, but I started with strips of dennim that I cut off of some old shorts and I'm more comfortable with those. I've got to cut down the leather and I think it will work better, plus the leather is still mostly new, so it's pretty thick. The bending is with the dennim pads, which my friend told me is pretty much like bending bare steel. Just offering a little puncture protection.

If I let the steel drop near my stomach, I have kinked, but not closed yet a 60D nail, along with the leather pads. I'm working real hard on just having good form right now.

Anyway, my goals right now are just to get some more deffinition in my arms and shoulders. I'm hoping some day to close the #3 gripper as well.

I guess I should get around to introducing myself.

Name is Jesse, I'm 20 years old, live in beautiful (but not really) Daytona Beach, Florida. Uh, I'm a full-time student with a full-time job, and a girlfriend who thinks that I don't pay her enough attention. Got a beautiful Pit Bull that is my life, where I go, he goes. And that's that.

On to the grip. I played football in high school and college, tore my shoulders and back up pretty good. Sitting at home this January recovering I realized that I still had my hands to work with, and why not focus on that. Ordered my first gripper in January of this year, IM Trainer, and have since graduated to the #2. Waiting for my #3 in the mail.

My goals through grip are to have the strongest possible hands that I can achieve, all the while staying healthy. Injuries have humbled me dramatically through my life, but they will not stop me from achieving strength.

Umm, guess that's it. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs soaking wet with 8 1/4" inch hands. Token skinny guy.

One more thing. It's All About The U.

Welcome to the board!

im zack, i come here every now and then... 5' 9'' 175lbs... moutain climbing, wrestler, fighter, skater, downhill moutain bike, surf, and i workout 6 days a week... hands i workout, 3 to 4 days in a row with 2 to 3 days rest... works good for me...

deadlift 300x4reps

close IM 2.5 right and left regulary

pinch grip 70 lbs 3" block

2" handle d.b. 150lbs. 3 sec. hold

want to close IM 3 left and right

want to pinch 2 45'

want to hold body weight 2" handle

z

My name is Dale. 6'2" 220lbs, 31 years old, Maryland. I've been training grip since early '04. Started off with crushing strength messing around with a Trainer and #1 that my stepfather had and then the bug bit me hard. Since then I've been training steady on crushing srength, except for taking almost a year off for a extensor injury (rookie mistake I know). Many thanks to David Horne for posting a great lifting program which helped my rehab. Since using his grip foundation reccommendations I have been injury free. My PR's are BBGM right hand and a tie between HG250 and a cut #2 with left hand. I will close my #3 before '08 rears its head. Thanks Wannagrip for KTA, it's awesome.

Last year I started branching out doing pinching, tearing and levering. The only PR's to report are pinching 2 25's or 4 10's with my right hand. With my left hand I can pinch 3 10's pretty easy and can just barely get 2 25's off the ground before they slip.

I've been lurking on the board for a while and I want to thank all the grip masters and up and comers for all the posts, videos and stats that continue to inspire me.

I only have one question. I have seen a few posts about the member map being up and running but I can't find it, if it still exists where is it?

My grip goals:

#4 cert

climb the MM ladder

pinch 2 45's using only pinkie, ring and thumb

pinch 6 10's

red nail cert

become as big a Bastard as possible

tear a Wash DC phonebook

tear two packs of cards

Welcome Aboard Guys!!!

I only have one question. I have seen a few posts about the member map being up and running but I can't find it, if it still exists where is it?

Dale,

I live in DC. Hit me up if you ever want to train.

Goody

hey my names nathan im new to the board, i just ordered my CoC trainer and #1 friday and looking forward to developing my grip to help with my strength training. Anyone have any tips for someone just starting off with CoC grippers?

Hi, just joined, and as my sig goes my name's Lol. I'm 41-ish based in England and trying to develop grip. I enjoy hitting the heavy bag, odd object lifting and using freeweights where appropriate. I used to have a good grip when I did manual work years ago but a longtime behind a desk and no proper training left me limp wristed! I've got the trainer and am just about to order a No1. Using the Trainer and a wrist roller I'm starting to see forearm developments and improved grip. I'd be happy to close the number 3, never mind the 4, but let's see where we get to!

Cheers, Lol

surfninja311,

I suggest you find David Horne's post regarding building a hand/wrist foundation before you start going too big with the grippers. Don't neglect extensor training and Wannagrip's KTA program is awesome for gripper training.

Best of luck!

Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 23 yo, 5'11", 175#, located in RI. I have competed in Strongman, Highland Games, Rock Climbing, Arm Wrestling, Powerlifting, Cheerleading, T&F, and large boat Sailing. (Also trained Gymnastics but too late in life to compete.) IMO grip training is necessary in any sport that involves the hands, and especially in the sports that I do. I like to bend, tear, leverage, and perform other grip feats as well. I'm looking forward to picking up some tips and knowledge from the experienced members of the board.

Hello Guys, I am Steven...My "user name" comes from a nick name a friend gave me because we were playing football and even with everyone against me I could "hit like a train" and drive through them. Funny cause I'm only 17 and 178 pounds at 6' 1" and live in Florida when on breaks from school. I go to school in British Columbia Canada. My lifting started as a old school lifter doing all the clasic lifts like my dad did in high school. Then I shifted my goals more towards powerlifting. Now I do olymic lifting and strongman stuff. I did my first bending just yesterday. Bent a bund of 1/4 or 1/8 inch scrap iron bars down at a metal shop. My first training with grippers was the day of my 17th birth day, had my dad buy me a IM "S". On the day of arival I did it for 20 reps. Withen a month I had ordered the "T" and am now doing the "T" for 20-40 reps a go. Have closed the IM1 for 8 reps for my curent PR and the IM 1.5 for 2 reps. Loads of fun. I just started a training log if anyone wants to check it out or talk with me. Its the one called "building steam" I hope to compete some time this summer when I turn 18 in some sort strongman or grip amature events. God bless guys.

Strength and Honor

Edited by The Steve Train

Hi all, I'm new here.

I have been involved in weight training and also MMA and boxing for a long time. I heard about the captains of crush not long ago and bought one and now am obsessed with grip.

Thanks

-LOK

Hello everyone. I'm Kevin. I've been training my grip since Dec 06. When I first started I could barely close the HG100. I'm now about 1/8 away from closing the COC 2.5. In addition to gripper work I train with wrist rollers, block weights, static holds, weighted hangs, farmers walks, plate curls, plate pinches, rolling thunder, and pinch blocks. I think my next toys are going to be some extensor bands and a hub.

Welcome Aboard Guys!!! :rock

Edited by GetAGrip87

Welcome here Kevin ;)

Hi All, my name is Daniel, Iam 28, 6"3, 215 pounds, I enjoy lifting weight and in the last six months grip training, Iam working towards shutting my HG300 and 350, from my limited browsing of the net during work time i have read this is the place to be to learn about grip strength. so iam looking forward to absorbing as much knowledge as i can.

cheers.

hey,

im jimmy

i want to learn from the masters on how to increase my grip strength so i can enhance my strength training. I feel my grip gives out while the rest of my body could keep going. hopefully, I will learn from you all.

ty

Hi, My name is Kyle I am 17 years old, 6'0" and 220 lbs. My best lifts are: Bench 455 raw, Squat 575 raw, DeadLift 635 raw. A month ago I was given a HG-200 from a friend to try out and closed it with ease the first try. Since then I have closed all but the HG-350 which I am very close to closing.

Welcome you certainly landed in the right place!!!!

Brendan

• 2 weeks later...

hello gripboard community im jim from massachusetts and i have recently been infected with the bending virus thanks to brendon or ox as some of you may know him a little about myself im 6ft 3 and weigh about 215 im 25 years old and have been bending for about 2 months look forward to interacting with all of you here and thanks for taking the time to read this

jim