NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Sup, I'm ST. Just starting grip training. I'm a highschool wrestler. Grip strength is very important in wrestling, especially pinch and crushing grip. I'm here to learn!

Salutations.

I'm Morris. 26, Canberra Australia.

I'm new to grip training and discovered it in a rather odd way. I like pen tricks. The Pen Trix website linked to Ironminds site for hand strengthening. I've always had strong hands, but want to develop them further. I bought a CoC #1 and #3. Straight out of the pack I was able to close the #1 (either hand). I want to close the #3. I'm here to reach that goal as well as form new goals in keeping my hands healthy and strong.

In all of this, I'd like to be able to bend things and rip phonebooks. I think I'm getting addicted to all of this.

I still like to do pen tricks though :)

Edited by morris

Hi Folks.

My name is Neil. Im a bit of a newbie to grip training. I bought a RB 70 about 6 months ago, played with it a little then lost interest, now I have regained that interest, and hopefully, you guys can help me get off to a good start.

Currently im 26 years old, I weigh about 190lbs, but looking to get down to about 165-170lbs. My interests are Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts and anything Combat related in general, this is the kind of stuff I want to train my grip for!

Yours,

Beev

Hello people,

My name is Andy from the UK. I'm 21, and comparatively a midget at 5'7", 140lbs :tongue I'm currently beginning a bodyweight and weight training regime that I love- In particular I'm obsessed with increasing my chin-up strength, which is where I found out about grip training. Bought the CoC sport :unsure and 2 of those helper thingys in november 06. Closed it out of the box, (thank god, lol) but then never really devised a grip plan and put it aside. Got interesteed again about 2 weeks ago and bought the KTA plan, No.1, 2 and 3 CoC's. Absolutely love the program- 1mm from closing the no.1 after the 1st week, no.2 is beyond parallel :rolleyes I'm aiming high and 'will' close the no. 3, hehe!

I'm into almost any sport- particularly squash, tennis and lacrosse at the mo. Grip and weight training are side projects essentially, but I actually enjoy them more than the sports I've been playing for years!!

Cheers, Andy

Hello, my name is Pablo. I'm 19 years young, 5'11, 165 lbs, and am in good overall physical shape. I like to strength train, go running and biking. Recently I got interested in getting a powerful grip so I ordered myself a Trainer CoC gripper. I managed to close it right out of the box, no biggie, yet I bet that's nothing to be braggin about lol. So yeah... I'm pretty much trying to close the No. 4 CoC, learn as much as I can, and become a Mash Monster Elite guy (I thinks that's what they're called?). Not gonna be easy, but it's gonna be fun I bet!

Hullo there, my given name's Mike, I'm 36 and have had an interest in hand strength since ever I can remember, probably comes from my father, who was always a good arm wrestler et al!

Inspired by people like John Brookfield, Magnus Samuelsson, Chiyonofuji "TheWolf"...

Use all manner of training tools, from Powerballs, grippers, hammer levers and a couple of 100mm dia mild steel spheres covered in duct tape I use like chinese ben wah balls(rotating in my hands);), hoping to gleen a few more training tips and maybe contribute where I can. :shifty

Howdy all, my name is Preston and I've been into weight training since I was 13, but got serious w/ it about 2 years ago. I'm a senior, 5'9" 176 lbs and had an excellent football season(my first year to play six man football, and it was a blast!). My max on the bench is 205, DL 315(just started doing this one 6 weeks ago, but wish I'd been doing it my whole life!) and I'm new to the squat as well, and haven't maxed out on it yet. I can barely, and i mean barely squeeze the #2 w/ my right hand, and come purdy darn close w/ my left. My goals are to bench 225, DL 405, squeeze the #2 10 times, pinch two 35's, lever a 10 lb sledge from the floor, do a one arm pushup, do full range handstand pushups between 2 chairs, and I really want to rip a full deck of cards. I am a big fan of the Diesel Crew, T-nation, Dinosaur Training, and anything by Bud Jefferies. Up until a month ago, I thought the only hardcore brand grippers were the Ironmind, and Heavygrippers, but I've been reading about mash monsters, Elites, and other milestone grippers refered to by initials. Could someone please give me a basic rundown of the best gripper brands out there? Also, what is the best way for me to conquer the deck of cards other than hard work and sweat?

Thanx,

Preston

My name is John. I am 5'11 and 190lbs. I have been training with heavy grips for a few months. I can close the hg250 for 1-2 reps. My main goal is to close the hg300 for 1 rep before the end of '07.

My name is John. I am 5'11 and 190lbs. I have been training with heavy grips for a few months. I can close the hg250 for 1-2 reps. My main goal is to close the hg300 for 1 rep before the end of '07.

Good luck man you can do it as long as you train smart bro.. alot of good info on here.. Also if anything go to one of the peoples logs that are closing big grippers and try what they did

Hey, names Malachi, 5'8" 172lbs and so far I've closed the CoC #1.5 with both hands and with three fingers on my right hand. I can plate flip 35lbs, one hand deadlift 175lbs with both hands and can wrist curl 140lbs. Absolutely goal #1 for me is to be certified on the #3 before I'm 20. No tricks or fooling around just serious training.

Hey, Jesaja here.. Have been lifting weights for about 1,5 year now (powerlifting style).. Wanna get into grip too.. Will receive my CoC grippers soon and i'd also like to start bending eventually. I started doing the 'newbie grip routine' yesterday just building up my work capacity to start the real stuff. I'm totally new when it comes to grip stuff.. so I dont have any cool stats to share :)

Edited by Jesaja

I'm Bob, 54, 5'6" 188lbs and I'm working out with a CoC #1 and practicing at work with a CoC Trainer.

Used to bend when I was younger.

Miss those days and want to get some of that past glory back!

Well I have been lurking for a couple of months now so I will go ahead and say it. My name is Craig and i'm addicted to gripping. I'm still not sure how it started but now I own several COC grippers and I just made a wrist roller. I'm also going to make some thick handled dumbells. I have discovered a bunch of information about gripping through this board, it has been great for getting me started.

Right now my goal is to close my COC #2.

Hey, been lurking for a while, thought I'd poke my head in and say hi. A guy I know from another board sent me a copy of "Dinosaur Training" out of the blue and I've been working on getting more powerful grip strength ever since. Overall strength is my focus, but the hands are an integral part. I've been doing about two grip sessions a week, along with using thick bars and odd-shaped objects in my normal training. I've got the COC #1 for 12 reps in my good hand, and have been dabbling in all other aspects of grip to get a feel for them (levering, pinching, wrist strength), haven't got into bending or vertical lifts yet though. Thanks for all the great info and media, this is a great place to learn and be inspired.

Hello, I'm Luuc, I'm from Holland, 16 years old and an absolute beginner at grip-training.

A few weeks ago, I've seen a little video; someone tearing a telephonebook, I tried te tear a small book (110 pages) and I succeded.

Now I've been ordering catalogues to tear, today I daid to someone that within one year I would be able to tear a deck of cards.

I've been doing powerlifting/bodybuilding, started that in Octobre 2006, lots of progression already.

i've been into judo + grappling for few years now, but became a grip fool last summer.

i train 3 times a week - mixture of kettlebells, hammers, grippers, pinching, thick rope and keg work.

goals for 2007 - smash coc2 with both hands, start bending, get some big stones :)

top forum folks

Welcome, Judoboy! Good luck with your training!

There's great information here on all that bud. You've come to the right place.

thanks guys, its nice to have a welcome :)

dieselcrew was part of the reason i got into grip, i watched some of the video archives in utter dis-belief, but then an evil little smile appeared on my face and i thought, i want some of that.

Hello Everyone. My name is Jeremy, I am from central Illinois. I am 5' 8" tall and weigh 230 lbs, 33 years old. I've lifted weights for years, always using straps. I want a strong enough grip to never use straps again.

I just bought the CoC trainers, and can now close them 40 times with my right hand and 20 with the left, so I am ordering the #1.

My cousin is going to train with me, he has popeye forearms and with no training at all closed the trainer 54 times. Whatta jerk.

I've been lurking and reading, reading, reading for some time now. Knowledge is power. Thanks to everyone here for all the great information. Hopefully in the future I will have some information to add.

hello,

im new here obviously. I discovered this board quite by accident, but it happened to coinside with my grip failures starting in hang clean and deadlift and shoulder shrugs. I also have a nagging hand injury or something whenever i use heavy dumbells. So I want to strengthen my hands to get rid of it. I also think it would be fun to exercise my hand and wrist. I'm um 5' 8" (random guess) and last I checked 194 lbs. Been lifting since 11th grade (summer 2002) but with varying degrees of dedication, so im not majorly strong. Im trying to lose the fat on me, but i don't care about my weight in general. More like body fat %. Not that i actually know what it is. Im now a 3rd year Rutgers Pharmacy Student (If you're reading this in the future, it's spring of 2007 so you can calculate what year im in...i have 3 to go) and I'm 20 yrs old. Never actually trained my hands before too. My friend just bought a heavy grip 250 and be both can get it to about halfway closed. (Why he didn't buy something a little less strong i dont know)

~andy

Welcome Aboard Everyone! :rock

Edited by GetAGrip87

Hi! My name is Tim. I am 33 years old and have been weight training since I was about 13 (off and on). I am 6' and weigh 185 lbs. I am a police officer in Ohio and have become interested in grip training in the last year or so. Currently I can close the #2 and have about a 1/4" of the 2.5 left; ultimate goals are the #3 and #4. In my profession a strong grip is very helpful, as is physical fitness in general. I just bought a Go-Really grip machine to try out. Got the first baby on the way as well, so we'll see how that impacts my training. It's a girl so maybe she'll be the first woman to close a #3! Never know!! Might make it to the Arnold this year and I will definately be looking for the gripsters area!! Take care and train hard!!

Edited by TimK

Hello, my name is Olle. I'm from Sweden, 190cm/100kg. I've recently become intersted in in griptraining and this seems like a great place to feed my needs for reading material on grip work. Duh I guess ;)

Oh and congrats to you TimK, soon to parent!